SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:13 am

Post by SpyreX »

Welp. Huh.

Lets just get this out of the way: I shot Artem in the face.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:37 am

Post by springlullaby »

So we have one dead roleblcoker and one vig claim. Hmm. Setting the matter aside for now.

I'm puzzled as to why Pop died.

Anyway, Vi needs more pressure.

Vote Vi

Case in the writing
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:50 am

Post by Adel »

Spryx, why did you kill Artem?
What role are you claiming?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:04 am

Post by SpyreX »

Vig, o course'. Maybe I have other surprises in store, but that can stay for now. I'll just say 100% no wifom I do not want a doc protect tonight.

I'm also a little baffled by the tajo kill.

Adel: NOW can we have your information analysis?
Show

Proud member of BaM
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:11 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I haven't seen Adel this townie in a long time.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:14 am

Post by Elmo »

Why claim? It'd be fairly obvious that it was you anyway, but whatever. (Also, everyone, as gently as I can put this, I did in fact tell you so wrt Artem.)

Tajo is a good scumhunter and was obviously town to me. So I'm not at all surprised. (shrug)

Zorblag, what did you dislike about my reaction?

Today Spring, Zorblag to some extent Porkens need to get into the limelight a lot more. Also, HI GOOFIE HOW'S IT GOING!?
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:18 am

Post by SpyreX »

When I'm vig, I like just getting it out in the open after my shot. What can I say?

Simplifies the process and puts me in a cc / believe it situation narrowing the lynch - which is especially nice if I shoot wrong.

And, with the Artem I didn't want any "OMG FRAMING ME" or business. Nice and upfront.

I'd like more Zor, Porkens and srs DGB action personally.
Show

Proud member of BaM
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:20 am

I smell a serial killer.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:21 am

Post by SpyreX »

Do ya now. Thats easy enough. Dont protect me tonight and I wont kill. Simple as that.
Show

Proud member of BaM
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:21 am

I'm on page 6. Is there a reason why Ectomancer hadn't been lynched yet?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:23 am

Post by Elmo »

Who claims vig on day 2 after their shot at someone who only they seriously suspected and was wagoned to L-2 on Day 1?

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:24 am

Post by Elmo »

I think what I just said is hugely contradictory. Oh well. I believe him, not least because I said he was town yesterday, the kill is horrible play for a SK, claiming is horrible for a SK, etc.

Actually, Ecto checking in would be a good thing.

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:30 am

Post by populartajo »

caf wrote:7) Dead people cannot talk. If you die, please refrain from posting in-thread until the game ends
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Elmo »

SpyreX wrote:Shh, lets play a new game. Its called if I had a bullet.

If I had a bullet and Hero flips town I'd shoot: Artem
Also, HAY LOOK.

RIP Tajo! =\

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:39 am

Post by Vi »

Adel 507 wrote:I start charts once I have trouble keeping stuff straight. I was still in the "soaking in the vibe" stage, and doing a lot of undirected reading. I wasn't even close to letting this day finish.
From the second sentence on, this sounds meaningless.
Porkens 513 wrote:Your theory is that I hammered my scum buddy, either unknowingly in a fit of stupidity, or knowingly, but without asking for a claim and therefore making myself look scummy and "blindly hammer happy?" Do either of those strike you as likely?
This makes sense insofar as Porkens likely wasn't bussing. The counter to that is obvious (Herodotus flipped Town).

I dislike 521 insofar as the accusations against Porkens become null pending Herodotus's flip, but Porkens is available to say that Artem is bussing Herodotus.
Adel 523 wrote:eh, I don't buy it. Assuming that Atrem is scum, either way H. flips, Atrem-scum would gain. If H. is scum, then he can NK me and look good tomorrow, if H is town then he can try to lynch me tomorrow.
Wait, since when did this game become about you?
Adel 553 wrote:We were just comming together and starting some good communal analytical scumhunting. If the town can return to that tomorrow, I think that we will win, regardless of who dies tonight.

Focus on what is objectively present, identify outliers and information that doesn't make sense, and compare things that stand out to other games in each player's meta.

Other variables to look at: (...)
The first paragraph stands in stark contrast to the rest. These are just words.

I still don't understand Herodotus's supposed breadcrumbing.

I want to see Troll's thoughts about who's suspicious at this point, preferably in briefer form than 570. Apparently just Elmo...?
s-lully 576 wrote:So we have one dead roleblcoker and one vig claim. Hmm. Setting the matter aside for now.

blah blah blah, blah blah etc.
s-lully 576 wrote:Anyway, Vi needs more pressure.

Vote Vi

Case in the writing
Speaking frankly, my expectations aren't that high.
SpyreX 578 wrote:Adel: NOW can we have your information analysis?
This.
Elmo 580 wrote:Today Spring, Zorblag to some extent Porkens need to get into the limelight a lot more. Also, HI GOOFIE HOW'S IT GOING!?
This.
DGb 579 wrote:I haven't seen Adel this townie in a long time.
Not this.
SpyreX 583 wrote:Do ya now. Thats easy enough. Dont protect me tonight and I wont kill. Simple as that.
This.
DGb 584 wrote:I'm on page 6. Is there a reason why Ectomancer hadn't been lynched yet?
Lack of care, I suppose. I honestly can't understand most of what he's saying, but he hasn't read as kosher up to this point.

-----

And that basically sums up my position coming into today.

Vote: Adel
(L-4)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:41 am

Post by SpyreX »

SHH My breadcrumb!
Show

Proud member of BaM
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Elmo »

Does anyone apart from Spring and the recently deceased Herod think Vi is scummy? I don't, but I'm curious.
DGB: Why is Adel townish?
Vi: How has Ecto read as 'not kosher'?
Adel: When precisely is The Reveal scheduled for?

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Adel »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I haven't seen Adel this townie in a long time.
lol, for all of the good it is doing me.

@Elmo, no schedule.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:13 am

Post by Vi »

Elmo 591 wrote:Vi: How has Ecto read as 'not kosher'?
Ectomancer 224 wrote:
Vi 141 wrote:
Ectomancer 126 wrote:Here's the real rule.
never say you did it to start the game before something else has actually arrived to talk about. Otherwise, you didnt do anything but waste space.
Sooooo... is Artem scummy, or null, or what for doing basically that?
This was entirely referencing my own method of choosing targets and not letting up until we have material. As far as te 3 go, Spyrex is a null, Porkens is +1 scum and Tajo is +2 scum.
(I'm pretty sure someone said "this has nothing to do with Artem", but I can't find that post - anyway, this has nothing to do with Artem)
Vi 354 wrote:
Ectomancer 323 wrote:
Vi 228 wrote:
Ectomancer 202 wrote:Not to be offering Spring a break here, but it seems to me a lot of conversation has concerned her. (which in a bizarre way doesnt quite count as lurking) I could see the reason for just watching to see how all this plays out between the arguments going on.
I haven't seen s-lullaby's name being tossed about much while reading. I don't buy it.
Scared? Sanity can blur your thinking.
"Scared" isn't the word I'm thinking of.
Vi 413 wrote:
Ectomancer 402 wrote:
Vi 386 wrote:
Ectomancer 374 wrote:Prolific is what you all have been. Its hard to catch up, but a couple guesses here. Scum is on one of the big wagons and its probably not a bus.
Scum has already squared up against a town member, and though wants to look "on the case", wont actually push theirs to a lynch to avoid the obvious
"who was involved in lynching town"/

That's vague, but what you get from a skim (and Im not done yet)
Names, please.
Don't hold your breath there chief. This is an analysis of a snapshot in time (just stating it changes the situation as you know) and as I've stated, it hadn't been easy to catch up. So, instead of just shooting off a one-liner asking others to go back and work, you could be just a bit clearer about exactly what it is you want? Lets see. Do we want those who have been prolific, which wagon has the scum on it,or maybe you want the specific scum. Are you looking for the scum that has already squared up against a town member (or maybe the name of the town member), but wont continue because they want to avoid being the guy drumming up the townie lynch? You want all of the above? Well take a look at the bandwagons that fit that criteria and let me know.

I'll tell you what this is best at. Some players use posts as notes to themselves (or others) in order to refer back to them when some actual concrete evidence arrives.

That post could be considered a filler post by some, but there's ore in there to be mined. I just dont know I'm quite ready to swing the pickaxe at that particular pile.
This is the first time I've ever seen a literal filibuster in Mafia. Condensed version:
"I said something, but I don't know what I said and I don't feel like finding out."
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:30 am

Elmo wrote:DGB: Why is Adel townish?
She's not like she is when she's scum.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:40 am

Post by Elmo »

What is she like when she's scum?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:13 am

I now agree that Spyrex is town on the strenght of the breadcrumb and the below:

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 76#1682176

Who'd kill tajo? http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 69#1683069 I would bet Herodotus.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 28#1684398 this sounds like a townie thinking.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:13 am

Elmo wrote:What is she like when she's scum?
Like in Mature Mafia.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:22 am

Post by SpyreX »

God have I ever said how much I adore meta. MMMMmmmMMmmm

Time for some thinking out loud:
Artem wrote: If I had a bullet and Hero flips town I'd shoot: Porkens or Ecto
If I had a bullet and Hero flips scum I'd shoot: Korts
Are you ready for assumation bullet time attack? I sure am!

So, I'm operating under the premise that if they are scummy enough to shoot, he'd damn well roleblock them.

Additionally, I have to operate under the premise that we're using some kind of NaR for roles.

So, from this: barring an actual SK or something nutso, Porkens/Ecto could NOT have performed the kill (whichever was targeted, but thats moot).

Thus, we put on our scum hat: you've got to send in a night kill. The mod, hopefully, has said you have to specify WHO is sending the kill (so the roleblocking is actually helpful). You don't necessarily know WHY, but you have to assume the chance of the naughty town roles (Tracker, Roleblocker, etc).

At this point, you'd probably want to send someone to perform the kill that was NOT going to draw said roles. An under the radar.

Both Porkens AND Ecto drew -some- flak throughout the day (from each other, oddly enough as well as others). The only ones, personally, I could see being higher profile would be: Adel & Myself (maaybe Elmo).

So, this makes the gut shriek the kill was performed by one of the lower profile players. Namely the grouping of Zorblag, Korts(DGB), Vi, Spring.

(Yes I realize this is modified by the existance of scum power roles vs goons, but)

Now, for the NK:

Tajo mentioned a few players but the focus of his hunting had a singular target: Adel.

I can't decide if this is an elaborate setup to get Adel mislynched or sooo obvious we go around the WIFOM horn 3 times.

On the other front of this, Tajo mentioned suspicion specifically of two other players: Zorblag and Spring. The zigzag attack to protect themselves for suspicion and setup an Adel mislynch? I can't decide.

In short:

Artem, Herod AND Tajo all being town has just made my brain collapse on itself.

Adel is Shrodingers scum at this point: I am now worrying that is a mislynch setup / obvscum move and every time I look a cat dies.

Zorblag / Spring strike me as highly likely candidates for scum who performed the kill.

Korts, if scum, replacing because of too many words WITH multiple suspects for the next day in twilight after a town kill makes my teeth itch. I dont get it.

Preview edit:

Who'd kill tajo? The guy we hung? Silly DGB.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:22 am

Post by Ectomancer »

springlullaby wrote:So we have one dead roleblcoker and one vig claim. Hmm. Setting the matter aside for now.

Anyway, Vi needs more pressure.

Vote Vi

Case in the writing
Haha I was thinking the same thing about you! You've been pretty quiet, you want to set aside a (hard) soft claim and though puzzled about the dead, you don't talk about either of them, not even the one you are puzzled about.
Case in the writing means you're working something up I reckon. Don't take too long.

On Spyrex - events as put together by Elmo and the hints makes sense. This cant be called a pressure claim at all. Puts us in a difficult position towards LYLO, but I have difficulty believing this to be a Spyrex SK gambit. At least my own 1 disastrous attempt at SK would hamper
me
from getting a nowhere near a Vig claim unless I had to.
DrippingGoofball wrote:I'm on page 6. Is there a reason why Ectomancer hadn't been lynched yet?
I dont even recall a vote on me actually. Vi has given some smack talk but not much else and he just voted Adel in 589 (not L-4 though, do votes not reset each day?)

@DGB - how much stock do you place in your meta's and did you read Hero's statements re: Adel before you made these last statements supporting a pro-town Adel based upon meta?
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”