Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:55 am

Post by Starbuck »

Goatrevolt wrote:
ZazieR wrote:EBWOP
Also, the quote in the above post from Star, was in response to this post:
Kevin wrote:
Star, taking shots at "everyone" is me thinking I have the 3 scum found and going after those three players. How am I being insulting or defensive?

Goat, you (or anyone else here) probably won't face my real wrath. I've been warned by a List Mod recently, but the game is ongoing. XD

Star, I'd say we should probably stop discussing roles that could be in the game. There is no reason to speculate on anyone's roles just yet.
I see, I see what Goat didn't see and that's that Star missed a question.
So Star answer it, and Goat explain why you didn't comment on this.
Comment on what? That Star missed a question? Did Star respond to the rest of the post as well? Missing a question isn't scummy. Lying about it is.
I did miss this original question and for that I apologize. Zazier's 5 billion posts didn't really help with trying to catch up, next time please use notepad.

I think it's way too early to state that you already found 3 scum and we are on day 1. I have my suspicions, but it doesn't mean I am completely sure of all of them.

I'm definitely very suspicious of ZazieR as he is throwing around accusations all over the place.

ortolan wrote:I dislike that the most prominent posters are largely the ones giving me strong scummy reads.
At least I'm not the only one getting these reads.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:14 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Star, if I was "completely sure", wouldn't I still be pushing the same players as scum?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:31 am

Post by Starbuck »

Kmd4390 wrote:Star, if I was "completely sure", wouldn't I still be pushing the same players as scum?
You wouldn't.

But that question was being pushed hard so I answered it.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:28 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Sorry for my quietness, but we had a big thunderstorm, and I don't live in a high-priority area apparantly, so I've been losing power and access frequently. Trying to catch up now...
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:38 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Alright, I've read up, and to be honest, there's not really a whole lot to sway my opinion. I still think Bear is scummy.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Sudo, what do you think about Starbuck?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

orangepenguin wrote:Sudo, what do you think about Starbuck?
Mostly what I still think. I don't find most of her early stuff to be troubling; the claim idea varies in scumminess according to interpretation, apparantly.

I find her suspicion of ZazieR interesting, since she doesn't seem to like ZazieR's explosion onto the scene.

She's not a paragon of townieness, but I don't find her overtly scummy; probably a distant 2 to Ortolan at worst.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:42 pm

Post by ortolan »

Sudo_Nym (329) wrote:Alright, I've read up, and to be honest, there's not really a whole lot to sway my opinion. I still think Bear is scummy.
Right back at ya, champ. Your failure (along with Zakeri's, lul) to propose a case for who I'm supposed to be scumbuddies with is itself scummy. Textbook scum trying to get through that mislynch. In other news I was surprised at the last vote count to see I only have 2 votes on me, I thought I had 3 or even 4 for some reason. I am glad only the scum are voting me (and null-tell but anti-town Shadow Knight), you must be quivering in your boots right now.
Sudo_Nym (331) wrote:I find her suspicion of ZazieR interesting, since she doesn't seem to like ZazieR's explosion onto the scene.
This is meaningless filler disguised as commentary. What's this sentence even supposed to mean? And why isn't Starbuck a paragon of towniness? FYI I'm not understanding the votes on Starbuck at all, is she supposed to have done something scummy?
Zakeri (307) wrote:But for clarification, suspicions based upon anti-town reasons are scumtells. Happy now?
No, it isn't. And the irony here of you attacking me for what I did early in the game, which
can
only be described as anti-town rather than actively scummy if either, then saying attacking people for doing something anti-town is a scum-tell, is delicious.
Zakeri (307) wrote:Well, my guess is that you're using this in order to make me look black when I do vote you. But if I don't, you'll accuse me of not following my suspicions with a vote.
Yes, your two top suspects are myself and Starbuck, neither of whom have actually done anything scummy. You can drop the scumhunting charade now.

Please guys, the scum are dominating the game, would you post more.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:45 pm

Post by ortolan »

Also, ZazieR's rolefishing in 307 is positively hilarious
ZazieR (307) wrote: In my games, it has been proven to be true many times. Links may be requested.
Also, you think that Sudo is scum based upon anti-town reasons.
Unless you're a vig
, you have to vote him to get him lynched. But for clarification, suspicions based upon anti-town reasons are scumtells. Happy now?
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:30 pm

Post by Empking »

Ort: You think cases are scummy if they don't include scum buddies?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:05 am

Post by ortolan »

it depends on the circumstances; but yes.

if you are town and playing mafia usually you should be looking for a team of mafia players. If you do not appear to be even making an attempt to do so or speculating about mafia teams then it is far too easy for scum to target townies and when they flip say "oh well you acted scummy". It's the same as using "behavioural tells" or the like which are often entirely subjective.

DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:59 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Hey people, sorry I haven't posted anything yet, I've had some nagging internet issues over the past couple of days. I'll post something a bit later, after I've read the thread.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

I frequently make cases without including possible scum buddies. In fact, I attempt to determine who the scum buddies are based on reactions to my cases. I disagree that you should be looking for a team of mafia players on day 1. Catching the first scum gives you information to use in catching subsequent scum.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:57 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Goatrevolt wrote:I frequently make cases without including possible scum buddies. In fact, I attempt to determine who the scum buddies are based on reactions to my cases. I disagree that you should be looking for a team of mafia players on day 1. Catching the first scum gives you information to use in catching subsequent scum.
QFT. Ort looks to me like he's doing anything he can to try and flip things around on me. If he has to dig deep in the well to find fault, he's going to do so.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:03 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Goatrevolt wrote:I frequently make cases without including possible scum buddies. In fact, I attempt to determine who the scum buddies are based on reactions to my cases. I disagree that you should be looking for a team of mafia players on day 1. Catching the first scum gives you information to use in catching subsequent scum.
I agree with this. Lynch the scummiest players, keep an eye open for buddies, but don't worry too much about connections until after the first scum flips.

It's ok to look for connections. But the lynch needs to be the scummiest player, not a player who seems connected to someone.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:18 pm

Post by ortolan »

Sudo_Nym (338) wrote:QFT. Ort looks to me like he's doing anything he can to try and flip things around on me. If he has to dig deep in the well to find fault, he's going to do so.
Flip things round on you? I've suspected you all game, I don't need the rest of the town to agree with me to know you're scum.

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:50 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Kmd4390 wrote:
I agree with this. Lynch the scummiest players, keep an eye open for buddies, but don't worry too much about connections until after the first scum flips.

It's ok to look for connections. But the lynch needs to be the scummiest player, not a player who seems connected to someone.

This is the definite way to play this game.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:37 am

Post by ZazieR »

Starbuck wrote:
Goatrevolt wrote:
ZazieR wrote:EBWOP
Also, the quote in the above post from Star, was in response to this post:
Kevin wrote:
Star, taking shots at "everyone" is me thinking I have the 3 scum found and going after those three players. How am I being insulting or defensive?

Goat, you (or anyone else here) probably won't face my real wrath. I've been warned by a List Mod recently, but the game is ongoing. XD

Star, I'd say we should probably stop discussing roles that could be in the game. There is no reason to speculate on anyone's roles just yet.
I see, I see what Goat didn't see and that's that Star missed a question.
So Star answer it, and Goat explain why you didn't comment on this.
Comment on what? That Star missed a question? Did Star respond to the rest of the post as well? Missing a question isn't scummy. Lying about it is.
I did miss this original question and for that I apologize. Zazier's 5 billion posts didn't really help with trying to catch up, next time please use notepad.

I think it's way too early to state that you already found 3 scum and we are on day 1. I have my suspicions, but it doesn't mean I am completely sure of all of them.

I'm definitely very suspicious of ZazieR as
she
is throwing around accusations all over the place.
Did times change that nobody looks at gender signs or is this the blame of my avatar :?

Anyway, yes she did ignore the question, and also this time didn't answer it as she didn't say how Kevin has been insulting or defensive.
Also, do you think it's scummy when a player claims to have all three scum caught on day 1? And why?

Also, I've only thrown suspicions at 4 players, of which one (Goat) seems to be wrong. I'll get to that post soon.
I'm pretty certain I have been worse in some games.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:00 am

Post by ZazieR »

Oh, now I remember again the urge to call Bear Bear in a different game, while I called him Orto there before...
Bear wrote:
Sudo_Nym (329) wrote:Alright, I've read up, and to be honest, there's not really a whole lot to sway my opinion. I still think Bear is scummy.
Right back at ya, champ. Your failure (along with Zaz's) to propose a case for who I'm supposed to be scumbuddies with is itself scummy. Textbook scum trying to get through that mislynch. In other news I was surprised at the last vote count to see I only have 2 votes on me, I thought I had 3 or even 4 for some reason. I am glad only the scum are voting me (and null-tell but anti-town Shadow Knight), you must be quivering in your boots right now.
I don't look at pairings until scum has flipped. Reasons why can be find when I explained this the first time.
Bear wrote:
Sudo_Nym (331) wrote:I find her suspicion of ZazieR interesting, since she doesn't seem to like ZazieR's explosion onto the scene.
This is meaningless filler disguised as commentary. What's this sentence even supposed to mean? And why isn't Starbuck a paragon of towniness? FYI I'm not understanding the votes on Starbuck at all, is she supposed to have done something scummy?
She has done scummy things as already pointed out.
Bear wrote:
Zaz (307) wrote:But for clarification, suspicions based upon anti-town reasons are scumtells. Happy now?
No, it isn't. And the irony here of you attacking me for what I did early in the game, which
can
only be described as anti-town rather than actively scummy if either, then saying attacking people for doing something anti-town is a scum-tell, is delicious.
Look again. I pointed it out as it was anti-town, but when I give the reasons why I see you as scummy, it's not one of my reasons.
Bear wrote:
Zaz (307) wrote:Well, my guess is that you're using this in order to make me look black when I do vote you. But if I don't, you'll accuse me of not following my suspicions with a vote.
Yes, your two top suspects are myself and Starbuck, neither of whom have actually done anything scummy. You can drop the scumhunting charade now.
I think differently. But if you want to play it this way, I can say the same about you. Sudo, Andy and I are also not scummy. And now we're going to start the 'yes, they are' - 'no, they're not' game, right :roll:?

But is this all you responded to from post 307 :?
What about my questions in it? Good to know that you are ignoring those.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:10 am

Post by ZazieR »

EBWOP
Bear wrote:Also, ZazieR's rolefishing in 307 is positively hilarious
ZazieR (307) wrote: In my games, it has been proven to be true many times. Links may be requested.
Also, you think that Sudo is scum based upon anti-town reasons.
Unless you're a vig
, you have to vote him to get him lynched. But for clarification, suspicions based upon anti-town reasons are scumtells. Happy now?
Look back why I said this. I explained what I meant with my voting Sudo comment in this post. It's the way to kill scum, unless you're a vig.
It was me clarifying what I meant with my comment.
Not rolefishing at all.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:13 am

Post by ZazieR »

Bear wrote:it depends on the circumstances; but yes.

if you are town and playing mafia usually you should be looking for a team of mafia players. If you do not appear to be even making an attempt to do so or speculating about mafia teams then it is far too easy for scum to target townies and when they flip say "oh well you acted scummy". It's the same as using "behavioural tells" or the like which are often entirely subjective.
So when you look at pairings after scum has flipped, this is not the case? Sure :roll:
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:23 am

Post by ZazieR »

Oh, but it seems that other players as well think it's better to look at pairings after scum has flipped.
Ignore the ''R''
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:28 am

Post by ortolan »

ZazieR (342) wrote:Also, I've only thrown suspicions at 4 players, of which one (Goat) seems to be wrong. I'll get to that post soon.
I'm pretty certain I have been worse in some games.
What???
ZazieR (343) wrote:She has done scummy things as already pointed out.
I disagree. Can you give me a summary of what exactly she's done which is supposed to be scummy?
ZazieR (307) wrote:Looky, looky. The one who has accused me falsely each time of forgetting a questiong is doing it himself for reals.
But before I respond to this part, are lurking and active lurking anti-town to you and why?
Lurking is anti-town, active lurking is scummy. Also "anti-town" has different meanings in different contexts. If someone willfully engages in behaviour which is anti-town and this has been pointed out to them but they persist; then this becomes actively scummy (to clarify something you might try to pull me up on).
ZazieR (307) wrote:If it wasn't in response to the quote of mine that was included, then why did you quote it?
And if it was in response to that quote, I ask again, what overreaction?
No, what I meant was Sudo_Nym (I'm pretty sure it was him) said I was scummy because I was "overreacting" to being voted. I was saying I hate "overreacting" as a scum-tell. It's totally subjective and any good townie will go to an effort to defend themselves and deliberately appear pro-town anyhow. It's a horrible tell.
ZazieR (307) wrote:Uhm, excuse me?! Check what you asked. It was even quoted by you, but this time I've included some bolding.
Seriously, your question included 'if', so you get an answer with 'if'. And still you're not happy and use it even against me.
And it should be obv why I'm still labouring (whatever that may mean) on it.
Meaningless discussions of the form "You OMGUSed" "No I didn't" are just that- meaningless, and potentially exploited by scum.
ZazieR (307) wrote:Best move if you're scum and have no defence. Very bad if you're town like you say you are.
Oh, and of course other than that, it's very childish.
It was a reaction to you again misinterpreting what I said. You are saying my defence is a fallacy- "too scummy to be scummy". However that is not true because I never acted scummy and never said I acted scummy. In order for me to defend myself with the "too scummy to be scummy" fallacy I would need to say "yes I am scummy but no scum would act as scummy as I did", but I never said that- I said my play was unorthodox, as it was, but not actually scummy. So you were incorrect. Also the "too scummy to be scummy" fallacy wouldn't be applicable here anyway, because it's usually something one uses to defend someone else, not oneself- it's usually used as an internal justification for someone's behaviour- "I think he's acting too scummy to actually be scum, therefore he is town".
ZazieR (307) wrote:Ohh, I love speculation. Well, my guess is that you're using this in order to make me look black when I do vote you. But if I don't, you'll accuse me of not following my suspicions with a vote.
You are the one making leading comments here. You are suggesting I will attack you whatever you do, which I won't.
ZazieR (307) wrote:The Andy wagon has died a long time ago as he isn't scummy. I even wonder if you can actually remember the case against him.
Hypocrisy regarding jokevoting, trying to bandwagon an easy target (me) and then active lurking continually, which he is still doing- he is not naming suspects. But you're right, I may yet change to another wagon :)
ZazieR (307) wrote:I meant the bolded. What's the point behind that?
That Empking and OP need pressure in case they are scum???
ZazieR (307) wrote:If I wanted it to be known, I'd have told so. Just be patient.
Well I'm expecting something spectacular.

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:49 am

Post by ZazieR »

Well, I'll respond when I get back, but right now, I'm curious why you didn't respond to these things mentioned in post 307 in post 332, but did so after I mentioned it.
Ignore the ''R''
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:18 am

Post by ortolan »

No idea, I think I forgot. Why are you curious about that?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”