darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by darkdude »

Regarding me "last ditch attempt to save Alvinz"

Actually, I reread the rules before doing this. The rules say unvotes were not necessary, so by that time I already knew that Alvinz was the lynch.

The reason I did that was because I actually did think that Alvinz's "post-lynch" post made him likely to be town, and Caboose was somehow wrong. In which case, my attempt to save Alvinz would appear pro-town after the flip.

Yes, I actually faked my play to try to look pro-town. Why? Well I'm seriously sucking ass in this game and can't play well or even make much of an effort. First time playing a Large game, I think the reason for this is I can't concentrate on this many players.

Korts is very weird for saying we can't be sure that the Night 0 kill was not the work of the compulsive vig. Even though he says he has extra info, he should be well aware that it is logical for us to come to that conclusion.

Based on Seraphim's attack on Alvinz Seraphim is less likely to be Russian.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

vote populartajo

iso post 3 [i]Prob town[/i] wrote:inHimshallibe - i get a "i vote whoever i feel like to" vibe from his posts. Slightly townie here. Would be good to hear more from him.
How did this guy flip? Oh yeah . . . Russian.
iso post 3 [i]Neutral[/i] wrote:alvinz95 - crap poster. OGB pusher. What do you think of Mufasa? Why did you prefer OGB than the others? . Alvinz-Caboose realtionship is noted.
iso post 3 [i]Neutral[/i] wrote:Mufasa - ok, we know this guy has lied before as town and he is a useless prick. The point that his claim doesnt make sense (two roleblocking abilities?) really doesnt mean anything here since we know he has lied before as town. The point is that if he is scum using this mascarade to win the game. Really torn here, leaning for the option of let this guy live and let scum to take care of him, specially when he claims to have some powerful abilites.
Flipped town. Was hoping the Italians would take him out or he'd be lynched D2?
iso post 3 [i]Neutral[/i] wrote:roflcopter - started good but I find interesting his defense of Mufasa when I expected him to be over him. Would rolftown defend Mufasa as much as he did? Hyperagressive as usual.
Flipped town.
iso post 3 [i]Neutral[/i] wrote:skitzer - weak logic.
Flipped town.
iso post 3 [i]prob scum[/i] wrote:Starbuck - dont like this guy. Agreeing with rolf, charter and mike about ogb. Then, he has a weird stance regarding Mufasa. First he is quikcly to put Mufasa in the town territory. Too much for my taste. {snip} But then, he votes for him when the pressure starts to increase.
Flipped town.
iso post 3 [i]Prob scum[/i] wrote:HowardRoark - weak poster. His thoughts just dont make sense. His FOS and votes are terrible.
I am scum because I am a weak poster, but alvinz95 is neutral as a crap poster?

Stats on all predictions in this post:
  • Prob town
    • Town: 0/7
    • Scum: 2/7
    • Unknown: 5/7
  • Neutral
    • Town: 4/11
    • Scum: 2/11
    • Unknown: 5/11
  • Prob Scum
    • Town: 2/3
    • Scum: 0/3
    • Unknown: 1/3
Analysis: Mostly neutral picks. Only 2 known on the town list and they were scum. Two thirds scum list are town. Yes, this is early in his game play, but it's interesting none-the-less.

Voting Record

263 (iso 3): Starbuck (1st) --
See above.
-- He rides this vote through D1.

367 (iso 5): Seraphim (3rd) --
No explanation. Also asks for neighborhood claim.
-- Opportunistic?

422 (iso 9): Caboose (2nd) -- "I dont think Seraphim is as optymal as I thought before. Some arguments point him to being likely Italian but inhim, flipped Italian, attacked him in a way that doesnt seem like bussing (twice). Im really interested in pressing someone like Caboose which is posting in mishmash and not here." -- He rides this vote through D2.

492 (iso 12): HowardRoark (1st) --
Quoted alvinz95's post-hammer
for "Obv hard bussing with some WIFOM salsa.", and "HowarRock isnt also the most protown person on the game, a quick check of your posts will tell you that"

Today is neither the day for mass claim nor neighborhood claim. While it might assist some players with knowing who's truthful, I believe the price of distraction is higher than that of the gain.

We do need to hear from Caboose concerning his result from last night. However, that is not a rush as I believe it would be helpful in the hunt for others to provide their input before the result is publicized.
Too late.

I believe that we have a better chance by leaving tubby216 alive for now. If he is an investigation-safe scum, the other scum group should be attempting to take him out at some point soon. If he is a bodyguard mason, then either team should be attempting to take him out in order to get to Caboose. (*braces for the accusations* Go ahead . . . let them fly!)
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Vote: darkdude

That last post gave me no reason to believe Darkdude is town.

Caboose, who do you plan on investigating tonight?
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by X »

darkdude wrote:Regarding me "last ditch attempt to save Alvinz"

Actually, I reread the rules before doing this. The rules say unvotes were not necessary, so by that time I already knew that Alvinz was the lynch.

The reason I did that was because I actually did think that Alvinz's "post-lynch" post made him likely to be town, and Caboose was somehow wrong. In which case, my attempt to save Alvinz would appear pro-town after the flip.

Yes, I actually faked my play to try to look pro-town. Why? Well I'm seriously sucking ass in this game and can't play well or even make much of an effort. First time playing a Large game, I think the reason for this is I can't concentrate on this many players.
. Did you spend all Night coming up with this? I really can't believe it.
tubby216 wrote:i am rolf's mason partner
Caboose wrote:tubby's either godfather or town.
Unless someone counterclaims who isn't already present, tubby is 100% confirmed. Mixologist really needs to pipe up - he's been gone for almost a week now (although 3 of those were Night...). I still see no reason for neighbors to claim.

I promise more over the weekend. It's been a busy week, and my two other games (one modded, one playing) had a ton of activity recently, by virtue of ending.
Seraphim wrote:Caboose, who do you plan on investigating tonight?
I don't see what pro-town goal this accomplishes.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Wow, Darkdude, that's such a completely ridiculous thing to say I'm almost believing it.

But if it did mean anything, it would only mean you and Alvinz weren't on the same team, which does not make you not scum. You have yet to say anything this whole game that gives me confidence you aren't scum. Are you ready to start trying yet?

If not, then I think you should probably just claim.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by Axelrod »

HowardRoark wrote: I believe that we have a better chance by leaving tubby216 alive for now. If he is an investigation-safe scum, the other scum group should be attempting to take him out at some point soon. If he is a bodyguard mason, then either team should be attempting to take him out in order to get to Caboose. (*braces for the accusations* Go ahead . . . let them fly!)
Was a Tubby lynch even on the table here? What are you talking about?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by iamausername »

HowardRoark wrote:
iso post 3 Prob town wrote:inHimshallibe - i get a "i vote whoever i feel like to" vibe from his posts. Slightly townie here. Would be good to hear more from him.
iso post 3 Neutral wrote:alvinz95 - crap poster. OGB pusher. What do you think of Mufasa? Why did you prefer OGB than the others? . Alvinz-Caboose realtionship is noted.
Actually, I think you'll find that only one of those two flipped Russian. What you probably meant to do was point out how he called both ThAd and inHim prob town, and both of them flipped Italian.
HowardRoark wrote:Two thirds [of poptajo's] scum list are town.
Fun fact: one of the two "town" players being referred to here is... HowardRoark.

In other news, I don't see Seraphim as Italian. I thought his case on inHim was bad, but not the kind of bad you'd expect a scum to bring against his buddy on D1. I always saw it as a genuine attempt to get inHim lynched, right then, and I just can't see scum attempting to derail a really strong wagon on someone they weren't aligned with for the sake of a bus.

I think there has to have been at least one Italian on the OGB wagon. ThAd and inHim both stayed off it, but I can't see the whole team avoiding such an inviting target. I'll get back to you on who it is.

(L-2, I think)

He is wearing a big furry hat, drinking vodka, riding a bear through the snow, and if you open him up, you will find a smaller darkdude inside, which itself contains a series of increasingly smaller darkdudes, each one of which has surrended all property and wealth to a single self-perpetuating political party.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by charter »

Seraphim wrote:

Caboose, who do you plan on investigating tonight?
While I still think darkdude is scum, this is too egregious to not act on.
unvote, vote Seraphim
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by charter »

Fuck it. darkdude is still obviously scum.
unvote, vote darkdude

Lynching Seraphim at the first chance after this I get though.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by darkdude »

Vanilla
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by charter »

Also Caboose, in case you suddenly went braindead, don't tell us anything more about your role, except who we need to lynch.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by darkdude »

Sorry for not able to play properly, believe me I've tried

So I guess the only thing left is to laugh at the ridiculousness of this whole thing after I flip

For the lulz!
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:24 pm

Post by TDC »

Vote Countdarkdude (6): ekiM, SpyreX, Seraphim, X, iamausername, charter
HowardRoark (1): populartajo
populartajo (1): HowardRoark

Not Voting (6): tubby216, darkdude, Korts, Mixologist, Caboose, Axelrod

8 to lynch.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:13 pm

Post by Korts »

Hm.

vote: Seraphim
scumchat never die
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:57 pm

Post by ekiM »

I think massclaim with 14 people is premature.
Seraphim wrote:My current suspects are Darkdude and ekiM. No, Mike, this isn't OMGUS, I do have reasons to suspect you beyond what Korts has pointed out. I think you may have slipped. But of course, let's hear what Caboose has to say.
If it's not OMGUS then you should have some reasons to give.
Seraphim wrote:Four people were killed last night which seems to indicate a fourth possible killing group, more than likely a one-shot given the previous night's two kills.
This makes no sense to me. There were two kills N1 and four kills N2. So you think the most likely explanation is four killing groups, two of whom screwed up or declined to kill on N1? Why?
Seraphim wrote:Do you think that my inclusion into the Lower Neighborhood makes more or less likely to be scum given the two flips in the Upper Roccisi Neighborhoods?
No.
Seraphim wrote:We did not talk about claiming because I only claimed to save my ass. There was no need to talk about dragging
the rest of them
into it.

ekiM, what advantage would there be in
my neighbors
claiming?
Sera, iso 49 wrote: I knew when I received the neighbor role that there was most likely going to be a scum mason group. I seriously doubt there would be two which is why I'm fairly sure
my partner
is town. Hopefully,
my partner
will come to the same conclusion.
Do I spy an inconsistency? I think I do!
unvote; Vote: Seraphim

Seraphim wrote:My current suspects are Darkdude and ekiM. No, Mike, this isn't OMGUS, I do have reasons to suspect you beyond what Korts has pointed out. I think you may have slipped.
If you suspect me for reasons other than OMGUS, why haven't you given them?

Also:
Seraphim 405 wrote:I think I agree that darkdude looks more like inept town than scum right now.
What changed here?
darkdude wrote:Regarding me "last ditch attempt to save Alvinz"

Are you on crack?
Howard wrote:I believe that we have a better chance by leaving tubby216 alive for now.
For now? What?
Seraphim wrote:

Hey Seraphim, why do you suspect me?
Seraphim, what is the pro-town motivation for trying to make that information public?
darkdude wrote:Sorry for not able to play properly, believe me I've tried

So I guess the only thing left is to laugh at the ridiculousness of this whole thing after I flip

For the lulz!
Clearly you're NOT trying.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:59 pm

Post by ekiM »

Absolutely no lynch until mixologist posts, btw
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:44 am

Post by Axelrod »

iamausername wrote: He is wearing a big furry hat, drinking vodka, riding a bear through the snow, and if you open him up, you will find a smaller darkdude inside, which itself contains a series of increasingly smaller darkdudes, each one of which has surrended all property and wealth to a single self-perpetuating political party.
This post wins the thread.

ekiM: it's not that I really feel like defending Seraphim all that much, but the "inconsistency" you just pointed out doesn't seem like much of a slip. In fact, I think it's impossible for it to be a slip unless there are 0 town in the Lower Rocissi Neighborhood, and Seraphim knows this. Because the town in that neighborhood obviously know how many of them there are, and it's not like Seraphim could ever fake or misrepresent it successfully. Also, why would he do this? The only reason would seem to be so that a fellow scum could fake-claim to be in that neighborhood when he really wasn't - which doesn't work when there are non-scum members. If that was his cunning plan, he would probably have been killing off all the other members these past few nights.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:58 am

Post by Seraphim »

ekiM wrote:
Seraphim wrote:My current suspects are Darkdude and ekiM. No, Mike, this isn't OMGUS, I do have reasons to suspect you beyond what Korts has pointed out. I think you may have slipped. But of course, let's hear what Caboose has to say.
I did somewhat hint at them. Mostly, it's just a meta read after watching you play two games as scum as your mod. You seem to be playing similarly here.
ekiM wrote:
Seraphim wrote:Four people were killed last night which seems to indicate a fourth possible killing group, more than likely a one-shot given the previous night's two kills.
This makes no sense to me. There were two kills N1 and four kills N2. So you think the most likely explanation is four killing groups, two of whom screwed up or declined to kill on N1? Why?
No. That's what I'm saying. I said one of them was most likely one-shot and the other got screwed up, clearly. inHim looks like a vig kill but ThAdmiral is probably the Russian kill. Where's the Italian kill? Most likely blocked.
ekiM wrote:
Seraphim wrote:Do you think that my inclusion into the Lower Neighborhood makes more or less likely to be scum given the two flips in the Upper Roccisi Neighborhoods?
No.
Answer my damn question. It's not a yes or no question.
ekiM wrote:
Seraphim wrote:We did not talk about claiming because I only claimed to save my ass. There was no need to talk about dragging
the rest of them
into it.

ekiM, what advantage would there be in
my neighbors
claiming?
Sera, iso 49 wrote: I knew when I received the neighbor role that there was most likely going to be a scum mason group. I seriously doubt there would be two which is why I'm fairly sure
my partner
is town. Hopefully,
my partner
will come to the same conclusion.
Do I spy an inconsistency? I think I do!
Dammit. Fine. I only have one neighbor. Congratulations. Since I gave out this information, I might as well say that the Upper Roccisi Neighborhood probably only had two members as well.
ekiM wrote:
Seraphim wrote:My current suspects are Darkdude and ekiM. No, Mike, this isn't OMGUS, I do have reasons to suspect you beyond what Korts has pointed out. I think you may have slipped.
If you suspect me for reasons other than OMGUS, why haven't you given them?
Why did you quote this post twice?
ekiM wrote:
Seraphim 405 wrote:I think I agree that darkdude looks more like inept town than scum right now.
What changed here?
Alvinz flipped scum and DD tried to make himself look more pro-town by unvoting him at the end which is odd because Alvinz flipped scum...hmmm...this doesn't make any sense now that I think about it.

Unvote

ekiM wrote:
Seraphim, what is the pro-town motivation for trying to make that information public?
I want to know if he plans on investigating me tonight. He may or may not get a guilty depending on what investigative role he actually has.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:05 am

Post by Seraphim »

Actually, never mind.

It's very difficult to decide whether or not darkdude is scum but I almost fell for the huge, steaming pile of WIFOM that he gave us in his last post.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:52 am

Post by Axelrod »

Seraphim wrote: I want to know if he plans on investigating me tonight. He may or may not get a guilty depending on what investigative role he actually has.
If he's getting "Guilty" then you are either scum or a Miller. Are you claiming Miller?

Or are you just claiming to have a Gun, and asking if Caboose is really a Gunsmith? Caboose should not be answering that question.

If you are claiming to have a Gun. Do you want to claim responsibility for any of the deaths we've seen?

Last call for anyone else in the Upper Roccisi Neighborhood. It would be somewhat amusing if two opposing scum were the only ones in there.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:01 am

Post by Seraphim »

If he is a normal Cop, then he will get an innocent result.

If he is a Gunsmith, he will receive a guilty result.

I do not claim responsibility for any of the kills made so far in this game.

That's all I will say.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:18 am

Post by ekiM »

Axelrod wrote:ekiM: it's not that I really feel like defending Seraphim all that much, but the "inconsistency" you just pointed out doesn't seem like much of a slip. In fact, I think it's impossible for it to be a slip unless there are 0 town in the Lower Rocissi Neighborhood, and Seraphim knows this.
True, but I do think that it is possible that Seraphim is not really in a neighborhood. He could simply refuse to out his 'partner' forever. This isn't that consequential anyway, but I'm not sure why the inconsistency if not this.

Not sure why I put the vote next to that bit actually, asking Caboose who he would be investigating is far more egregious.
Seraphim wrote:
ekiM wrote:
I did somewhat hint at them. Mostly, it's just a meta read after watching you play two games as scum as your mod. You seem to be playing similarly here.
Specifically? Also, if you haven't seen me play as town for contrast then you have no basis for comparison.

Anything besides, essentially, 'gut'?
Seraphim wrote:
ekiM wrote:
No. That's what I'm saying. I said one of them was most likely one-shot and the other got screwed up, clearly. inHim looks like a vig kill but ThAdmiral is probably the Russian kill. Where's the Italian kill? Most likely blocked.
I misread your post, sorry. I agree, then.
Seraphim wrote:
ekiM wrote:
No.
Answer my damn question. It's not a yes or no question.
I don't think your claimed inclusion into the Lower 'hood makes you more or less likely to be scum.
Seraphim wrote:
ekiM wrote:Do I spy an inconsistency? I think I do!
Dammit. Fine. I only have one neighbor. Congratulations. Since I gave out this information, I might as well say that the Upper Roccisi Neighborhood probably only had two members as well.
I don't get it. Were you intentionally trying to be ambiguous? Then why did you say 'partner' yesterday and 'neighbors' today, instead of picking something actually ambiguous and sticking with it? Are you sure you're in a neighborhood?
Seraphim wrote:
ekiM wrote:
I want to know if he plans on investigating me tonight. He may or may not get a guilty depending on what investigative role he actually has.
Not buying it. Sorry. Asking investigative roles who they are going to target is scumtastic.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:21 am

Post by Seraphim »

I'm sure I'm in a neighborhood. My neighbor/partner/whatever is able to talk to me. I suppose I wasn't thinking.

And, haha. I just caught you. I can see through your bullshit and see your true intention. You're trying to out my partner. Why? Because you're scum?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:21 am

Post by SpyreX »

The hell did you claim a "killing" role for at this point? Sigh.

And yes, there is a noticeable contextual difference between neighbor and neighbors.

Additionally, if you do not KNOW your partner is town AND there is evidence that at least some neighbors have powers - how does trying to out your partner equate to a scum move (*especially when the person says they think you're lying about being in a neighboorhood to begin with).

But, finally, why lord would you do this when mr.dude has put on his kamikaze hat and is rarin to die.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”