Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 4:42 pm

Post by Light-kun »

I apologize, but I have just been called out of town. I will be back on Wednesday. Sorry for the inconvenience!

(Will read then!)

I was under the porch because I love you.

The Replacement - 1 (DraketheFake)
tubby216 - 2 (Light-kun, Netlava)
Netlava - 2 (HowardRoark, tubby216)

Not Voting - 2 (The Replacement, JereIC)

7 alive, 4 to lynch

-Mod

(Vote Count accurate as of Post 873)
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by DraketheFake »

Hm.
JereIC wrote:Why do you think he's a role cop at all? We just mass claimed, so it's not that hard to make up a role-cop claim. Tubby's just obvscum in my book - we can deal with the WIFOM hell tomorrow.

I need to go over HR's math, but he may be right that having LK kill now doesn't benefit the town. If I get the same result, I'm just going to vote tubby - may the penguin gods have mercy on his soul.
Well, we mass-species-claimed, and then the game sort of glossed over what might have been the second part (and he went missing). See, we were all
assuming
, and you know what happens when you assume.

As far as L-k, we should probably go ahead and let him shoot. We're likely to be in LyLo the rest of the game even if we hit scum, and using him as a second lynch for today (assuming we get scum both times) would leave us at 3 to 1 tomorrow. L-k is almost guaranteed to make it to tomorrow, and even if he doesn't 3-1 (while technically LyLo) is no worse than 3-2. And if L-k is alive at 3-1, we can afford to mislynch since L-k can take the last scum out.

I'm still comfiest voting for Jazzmyn. I think we should lynch Jazzmyn and have L-k shoot one of tubby and Netlava (whose comment about the lack of quicklynch rings badly to me). So that's what I'm gonna do.

Vote: Jazzmyn
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by tubby216 »

drake if you have lk kill me you cannot direct my investigation, because apparantly i will not be getting your protection tonite so i will most likely be dead anyway,

if lk is to shoot stab kill anyone it should be netluva since scum will kill me anyway.

i know it sounds like a great big bowl of WIFOM but thats what i think
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

@mod: Has Jazzmyn retrieved the prod? Are you seeking a replacement?

I want some input from her. She is my second choice, but to quote my primary suspect
Netlava (528) wrote:But essentially, I've committed to calling JereIC scum, so I need to follow through and lynch him, am I right?
Why are you not following through today? You are busy playing to the crowd by being uncertain of tubby216 and Jazzmyn, both of whom are in everyone's eyes. I will put together a complete case tomorrow evening.

Nuwen's post 340 is her first of D2. She quoted Light-kun and mentioned "Vig comics" here. This appears to be a breadcrumb. The best I can find from tubby216 is post 828 where he said "jereic is town, lk is the vig" but was very nonspecific about the other players. These give
some
credence to his PR claim. As for alignment . . . I just don't know. There are quite a few possibilities. Is it even worth discussing?
Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

Hello, all

My apologies for my absence. I had work matters that rendered me V/LA until Wednesday night, and then just when I thought that I would be able to get caught up, a medical emergency struck and my daughter had to have emergency surgery on Thursday morning, so I have been completely without access since then as a result. She is now recuperating at home, but she is going to require additional surgery in the next 2-3 weeks.

As a result, I am going to have to ask to be replaced rather than having to go V/LA again on short notice, and further disrupting the flow of the game.

Again, my sincere apologies. I hope to play with all of you again some time in the near future.

Regards,
Jazz

I am really sorry to here that! Real life is more important, so no need to apologize. Best of luck towards your daughter!

Replacing Jazzmyn.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

We have a replacement. You can call him
The Replacement

The Replacement officially replaces Jazzmyn..NOW. Hot cocoa for all!
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

The post numbers are references to reading Netlava in isolation; dates are provided to help locate them in the full thread.
post 4 made Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:15 am wrote:While reading through the thread, I felt that everyone was scummy. {snip} Add in the fact that DDD and Amish both seemed town to me.
How did those two appear town while everyone felt scummy?
post 4 made Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:18 am wrote:I'd also like to note that Light-Kun's playing style is different. I didn't necessarily find it scummy, but not pro-town either.
Another one not scummy within the everyone who is scummy. (NOTE: This is the first part of his case that Light-kun is a SK.)
post 5 made Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:15 am wrote:Just to clarify, I DO find some certain persons scummier than Light-Kun, and I suppose lynching these certain unnamed scummier persons may be preferable.
So is he back to being scummy?
post 7 made Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:56 am wrote:First off, I do think Light is more likely SK/scum, but I think it can wait for a day.
Seeing him as a SK, he can wait; but as scum, why? The rest of post 7 is the case against JereIC. I will highlight this piece
I have to agree with na85 that Light-kun’s post was picking a troll. You can argue that na85 is active lurking by just agreeing with other people, but Light-kun’s post was just picking a fight without reason.
Not sure, I think posting this type of stuff without having some sort of conclusion is scummy.
Apparently not aware of your own current content level. This case is summarized in post 8, "To summarize: I find the way he words things scummy." made immediately after the case.
post 9 made Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:27 pm wrote:Okay... well, if you don't agree, that's your opinion.
Not a great response, IMHO. But don't fret, he handles that 3.5 days later.
post 10 made Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:54 am wrote:Sorry for my grumpy post in response to people calling my case weak... that is, if you happened to interpret it that way, in which case that's your problem, not mine."
Starts off with nothing new. And ends with
Anyways, I haven't read all the new posts yet. That will occur, possibly tomorrow.
Perhaps that will be good because so far . . . not so good.
post 11 made Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:30 am wrote:As for what I think of them, it is a mystery...!
(Referring to DraketheFake and Fishythefish) Nothing of substance.

Posts 12 and 13 are more with JereIC. Nothing else.

Post 14 made Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:49 am states "Sorry for not posting. I am really busy. I'll try to post later tonight." Thanks for noting your absence. I'll not hold my breath for the soon-to-come post. Good thing . . .

Post 15 made Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:43 am states believing that Fishythefish and DraketheFake are probably not scum. There is more with JereIC.

Post 17 made Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:39 am, he finally notices that Fishythefish is at L-1 and asks to hold any hammer.
post 18 made Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:02 am wrote:So apparently, looker voted fishy while drunk.
{snip}
Also, tubby hasn't offered a reason for his vote either.
{snip}
Jazzmyn wrote:As I said previously, Fishy is most suspicious to me. He went V/LA for a bit, which is the only reason I didn't vote him sooner (see prior posts) but nothing he has posted since his return has changed my mind.
Fishy did not go V/LA in this game. He posted limited access at one point, but continued posting normally.
Some quick suspicion thrown at these players and another quick snipe at JereIC.

Post 19 made Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:06 pm is more with JereIC and "I hadn't noticed that fishy was L-1 yet."

Post 20 made Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:55 am is another one-shot snipe at JereIC and "So it's unreasonable for me to miss something? I blame the orange font." to explain not noticing that Fishythefish was at L-1."

ASIDE: Why am I so hung up on this L-1 thing? I make sure to always be aware of the vote count. Adding a vote with the intent to pressure someone and accidentally dropping a hammer would be bad play. Always being aware of who is on what wagons is a great hunting tool; not "only after a lynch."

Post 23 made Sat May 02, 2009 11:26 pm is some quick interaction with JereIC, Light-kun, and Fishythefish ending with "Uhh... I mostly skimmed the posts. I'll post again later and be more thorough."

He returns with post 24 made Tue May 05, 2009 3:24 am to one line suspicion cast on Fishythefish.
which is a claim I always find very suspect. It can be used by the mafia to justify any behaviour, and so when it's not obviously true, like here, it is scummy.
Staying off the wagon to remain distanced from a mislynch while appearing to be contributing.

Another absence and post 26 made Sun May 10, 2009 3:29 am addresses some outstanding questions and a refusal to name other suspects.

On to D3.
28 made Sat May 16, 2009 1:16 am wrote:DraketheFake - town
JereIC - scum
Light-kun - SK
Jazzmyn - scum
HowardRoark - not sure, but leaning town atm
tubby216 - scum
Finally some insight into his suspicions. When asked why, we get post 29's, "I'll have to go through the thread and post why, probably sometime later. But replacing into the game, JereIC and Nuwen were my top suspects."
post 30 made Mon May 18, 2009 11:08 pm wrote:Cases are needed... so explain (or manufacture) the best you can.
This is directed at Light-kun for not providing a case after stating that he believed I was mafia. And then to JereIC
post 30 wrote:While we're at it, explain why you think tubby is scum.
Where are your cases?!?!?!?

He claims "penguin" and when challenged adds "Adelie" with the reason of the former sounded cooler. This is followed later by, "And how would I know that there's more than one species of penguin in the game? I wouldn't." When DraketheFake reminds him of his different penguin species claim, the response is "That doesn't mean I can accept it for sure without knowing your alignment." When JereIC asks if the claim is not trusted then why not lean more toward DraketheFake being scum, the response is less than stellar: "I saw your claim. That doesn't mean I can accept it
for sure
without knowing your alignment." This doesn't really aswer the question at hand.
post 39 made Fri May 22, 2009 12:47 am wrote:In defense of Zeenon, when I replaced in, I originally thought he might have faked his outburst.
So you thought his outburst were faked? To what end?
But then I checked who I replaced, and it turns out he's not scum.
You didn't pay attention to whom you were replacing?
post 39 wrote:As for my "passivity," I point out that no one except for fishy was in danger of being lynched yesterday.
This just reads, "I am scum and was skating through yesterday."
post 40 made Sun May 24, 2009 3:18 pm wrote:I'm planning to make a post (if needed that is) on who my other suspects are.
I've asked for it, and the result has been weak sauce. Finally we get it 5 days later.
post 41 made Fri May 29, 2009 1:55 am wrote:Jazzmyn is someone I do suspect but that never-ending re-read that is never going to come (oops I said it) has to come first before I decide on anything.
This coming from the person who has promised posts later and needing re-reads quite a few times himself.
post 41 wrote:My main beef with Jazz was that she found me suspicious for mostly meta reasons. And her comment how she would have voted fish earlier if it weren't for his (non-existent) v/la seemed off.
The meta was based on one past game and was not part of a case against you, but part of a post of general thoughts on everybody. Not a bad point, but much more valuable in a larger case. The V/LA point is a valid one, but is still weak standing alone.
post 42 made Fri May 29, 2009 4:48 pm wrote:I'm not comfortable with multiple wagons during Lylo. It makes it easier for scum to quicklynch at any given moment. We should really decide on who to lynch before voting.
Setting up an out for a mislynch? Trying to avoid intentionally bussing? Actively lurking? Having others play the game for you?
post 44 made Fri May 29, 2009 11:55 pm wrote:I do think that DtF is the most likely to be town from the players remaining
Why?
I do find Jazz suspicious so the Jazz wagon is the wagon that I would be the most likely to support atm. Then again, I'm still not sure.
Stop riding the fence! Jazzmyn has become a highly probably lynch candidate and you haven't even given a good reason that you support that lynch!
post 46 made Sat May 30, 2009 4:45 pm wrote:On the other hand, I'm not as sure about your alignment
This is addressed at me and is about the third time that you have made a statement such as this. This looks like attempting to gently buddy up to me so that I remove pressure from you.
I guess I will actually follow through and re-read Nuwen. My main problem with Nuwen that I recall when replacing in the game was that I didn't like the way she attacked Zeenon. But I'm a little fuzzy on what exactly I didn't like.
I'd like to see something from this. (Heck, I'd like to see a good case from you on any of your suspects.)

To anyone who doesn't like my wall-o-text, I apologize because I don't care for them as well, but I wanted to be complete because this is where I believe the noose should be tied.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by Netlava »

Howard, can you summarize why you find me scummy? You see, many of your accusations are in question format. I could answer the questions... which I probably will, just not now. I'm still trying to get a read on you, so a summary would help so I can get a good "feel" of your alignment.

Also, some of your accusations are presumptive e.g. "You are busy playing to the crowd by being uncertain of tubby216 and Jazzmyn, both of whom are in everyone's eyes." (Err... being uncertain =/= playing to the crowd).
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:35 pm

Post by The Replacement »

Hello. I can't start reading immediately, but plan to get through all the reading within a day or two.
Willing to replace into any non-mini game. Just shoot me a PM.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:48 am

Post by Light-kun »

I support lynching Tubby as all the "townies" being adelie penguins while Drake and I are not, but then the role cop is adelie too? Bullshit. That is bastard modding in my opinion, so I'm going to make the reach and say Orange wouldn't do that.

Vote Tubby

I support this!
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:15 am

Post by Netlava »

Yeah, I have to go with tubby too. I think it's the surest bet for a scum lynch today.

Vote: Tubby
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:54 am

Post by DraketheFake »

I'm really fighting the urge to get impatient and just vote for tubby. Two votes is much more likely for quick-lynch territory, so with L-k's presumably townie vote this is looking pretty good. I think there's a very good chance that both he and The Replacement are scum. Howard, what are you thinking?
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

@Netlava: Answer some questions! Make a decent case on someone! Don't just echo or fence ride! Do something to help the town! I've had enough of your "just not now" postings!

vote Netlava

No other living player has been as scummy as Netlava. I stick with Jazzmyn (The Replacement) as a second choice. If someone can provide me with more than "Nuwen was scummy upon re-read" then that might bring tubby216 high enough for me to consider him as an acceptable lynch today. The questionable second claim is a big strike, but not enough for me at this point.

Those are my thoughts right now.

HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

@mod: please prod JereIC and tubby216

Last posts: 5/30 and 6/1 respectively.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by tubby216 »

well i have said this before i think netluva is scum so

vote: netlava
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:02 pm

Post by JereIC »

I'm here and reading, I'm just not sure quite how to proceed yet because you're all acting scummy.

DtF- don't like his stunt with voting for Jazz then claiming to watch the thread like a hawk.

Tubby- don't like his supremely BS role claim, and how suspect Nuwen is looking in hindsight.

HR- don't like his rabid search for breadcrumbs to support Tubby's BS claim.

Netlava- don't like his prior case against me, shifty positions, and bizarre interaction with DtF earlier.

The Replacement- don't like that you replaced Jazz, who was scummy for reasons I've stated previously.

Light-kun- don't like that I still can't trust you. Your killer whale claim is starting to bother me again.

So, in short, I hope you all die, leaving the sole survivor, and therefore the winner.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:24 pm

Post by Netlava »

Tubby's claim is a huge strike. I just don't see happening, period. There's my case.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:37 pm

Post by Netlava »

Oh, btw, after looking things over and thinking things through. I am now leaning scum on Howard. I don't like his vote and unvote of tubby where he claims afterward that it was a technique to draw scum out. I'm mean, I'm suspicious of trying to draw people out at this stage of the game in the first place, but more importantly, he says "I'm going to adjust and focus on tubby first." Then he restates his suspicion of tubby. Then he unvotes and declares it mostly a technique when I questioned his sudden voting based on little evidence and prior indication.

Also, I don't like how he says I'm more scummy than anybody else. Ridiculous! I'm pretty sure I'm less scummy than tubby. Then he proceeds to search for breadcrumbs for tubby.

Also, much of his case against me is presumptive. See above post where I give one example.

This means that I my first post where I posted today with my suspicions would be incorrect somewhere. Where exactly where, I'm not sure. It doesn't matter. In fact, I'm not sold on howard being scum yet either. I think tubby though is scum for sure. Too many problems with his claim.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:36 am

Post by JereIC »

Just to be clear, the "hope you all die" bit was written with tongue firmly in cheek. I apologize if there was any confusion.

I've thought about this some more, and while I have nagging doubts about LK and Netlava, I just can't see any way in which Tubby is pro-town. As I've said, Nuwen's vote analysis seems a lot more like a diversion than a good faith now that Fishy is a known townie and DtF is an un-counter-claimed doc. After he replaced, his votes for Fishy were poorly explained. Today, his claim is just unbelievable. I have to admit, I'm also leaning towards HR being scum over Netlava now.

Vote: Tubby

BTW, I'd advise against LK killing tonight - it doesn't really help us (the best case scenario is that Day 5 we can no lynch and still win) and could end up costing us the game (worst case scenario is we lynch successfully today but lose when LK kills a townie).
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:00 am

Post by DraketheFake »

JereIC wrote:DtF- don't like his stunt with voting for Jazz then claiming to watch the thread like a hawk.
When did I do this?
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:18 am

Post by JereIC »

DraketheFake wrote:
JereIC wrote:DtF- don't like his stunt with voting for Jazz then claiming to watch the thread like a hawk.
When did I do this?
Crap, that was HR. Which doesn't make sense with him trying to save Tubby's claim later. I gotta think about this some more.

Unvote
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:44 am

Post by tubby216 »

jere not that i am complaining but i think you already hammered me

its 4 to lynch
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:03 am

Post by DraketheFake »

Right, and he would have made 3.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:07 am

Post by tubby216 »

nope you are right and i am retarded never mind
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:25 am

Post by HowardRoark »

Yes, that was me who voted
tubby216
and hawk-watched the thread. I felt something off about their play and was hoping for a reaction. Yes, I went to look for breadcrumbs because it doesn't make sense to me for scum to breadcrumb since they can just tell their fellow scum the results. If those things are considered scummy play . . . so be it; I play how I play.

None of you have given me enough reason to move tubby216 higher on my list today. The Nuwen vote analysis is a questionable arguement: distracting scum or well intentioned townie? I was evaluating the D1 voting as well. So were others IIRC.

Still no answers, Netlava?
Also, some of your accusations are presumptive e.g. "You are busy playing to the crowd by being uncertain of tubby216 and Jazzmyn, both of whom are in everyone's eyes." (Err... being uncertain =/= playing to the crowd).
When many other players are seeing another player as scum, and they become your second choices without prior mention of them, then I consider that playing to the crowd. Being uncertain affords you the ability to back off of them without any effort. Does that clear it up for you?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”