ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by ortolan »

lazarusmoth (106) wrote:I hope I can take the heat off me because, believe me, this bandwagon will NOT bring good results for town. Let me respond to your suspicions.
Ooh softclaim.
lazarusmoth (106) wrote:Hesitant = "mmm may as well...I'm not convinced this is a wise move but...I am Spartacus." The others did not seem to waffle on as you did here.

My reasoning here is - which I took from Fish's quote - that urging everyone to claim Spartacus muddies up the waters as I have reasons to believe that Spartacians are pro-town. That said, I need to reexamine my ortolan vote in the light of other revelations here and be extra careful with my posts so as not to draw fire.
It is very odd you would claim this when if anything my reticence has been entirely vindicated by the fact the Spartacus claims at that point led to outing the cop.
lazarusmoth (121) wrote:Is it not logical to assume reasoning #2? Honestly, I'm not sure myself. I'd like to believe it, but I may be mistaken.
My money is on you being mistaken.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:15 pm

Post by muzzz »

lazarusmoth wrote:I'm thinking Spartacus claims activate this power.
Hmmm, hadn't thought about this. I'm liking the idea, though.

But I have to stress, again, that we shouldn't assume only pro-town players knew about Spartacus. We have
absolutely no evidence
to support this. There are a great many reasons why the scum might have known about him. What if, for example, (one of) their role PM's started something like this: "Your job is to find and kill Spartacus and his followers without getting caught."
Most justified random vote ever:
"Vote: muzzz for making my girlfriend think you were me" - Rai
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:03 am

Post by Spolium »

Apologies for my recent absence - unexpected V/LA.

I should be active again from tonight onwards.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:43 am

Post by Empking »

Vote Count 5

Lazurusmoth (4): Spolium, Pads, Ash, Muzzz
Infinis (2) Skitzer , Bloodcovenent
Fishy (1): Archon
Not Voting (5): , Infinis, Ortalon, Cateraction, Lazurusmoth, Fishythefish

7 to Lynch
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
cateraction
cateraction
Goon
cateraction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:41 am

Post by cateraction »

Vote:Muzz

Again, for not knowing something that I know.
Town - 3-1-0
Scum - 1-3-0
3rd Party - 1-0-0
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:03 am

Post by muzzz »

I have no idea what you're talking about. And I don't remember you accusing me of not knowing something earlier. Clarify, please.
cateraction
cateraction
Goon
cateraction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:32 am

Post by cateraction »

muzzz wrote:
This. Anyone else see what I'm saying?
Town - 3-1-0
Scum - 1-3-0
3rd Party - 1-0-0
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:35 am

Post by Fishythefish »

cateraction wrote:
muzzz wrote:
This. Anyone else see what I'm saying?
I have no clue.
cateraction
cateraction
Goon
cateraction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:51 am

Post by cateraction »

Sorry, the "again" was because that was my reason for voting BC. I now apply it to you. I was told that claiming spartacus would be advantageous and the fact that you did not think it would be a power up leads me to believe that you did not receive a spartacus role. Hence the vote.
Town - 3-1-0
Scum - 1-3-0
3rd Party - 1-0-0
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:02 am

Post by Fishythefish »

cateraction wrote:Sorry, the "again" was because that was my reason for voting BC. I now apply it to you. I was told that claiming spartacus would be advantageous and the fact that you did not think it would be a power up leads me to believe that you did not receive a spartacus role. Hence the vote.
My interpretation of the advantage of claiming Spartacus was initially that I would be in some sort of informed (probably very small) minority, then later very possibly that there was no real reason. The power up never crossed my mind until BC claimed it (although now it seems very convincing).
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:15 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

ortolan wrote:
BloodCovenent (78) wrote:Orto said something along the lines of "all you spatacaians, claim now! Do it!"
No, I can assure you I didn't. "Everyone" picks out every player of the game, none of this "all you Sparticans" stuff.
ortolan (44) wrote:everyone claim Spartacus. Now. I mean it. Just do it.
Lynch All Liars?

FoS: Ortolan
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:44 am

Post by muzzz »

cateraction wrote:Sorry, the "again" was because that was my reason for voting BC. I now apply it to you. I was told that claiming spartacus would be advantageous and the fact that you did not think it would be a power up leads me to believe that you did not receive a spartacus role. Hence the vote.
Did your role PM contain the word "may"?

And why should I think it would be a power-up? Did you consider the possibility that Empking
is
following the script? That Spartacus is an important target for the bad guys, and that we all claim to be him to confuse them?

@BC: In this case, there's a huge difference between "everyone" and "all you Sparticans".
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

I'm with cat on this one. I have the same information that's clear to me but seems to be causing muzz some confusion. I suggest everyone read their roles very carefully.

unvote, vote: muzz

Fishy, consider that the Spartacus claim is not in the hands of a very small minority. Consider that Spartacus claims are pro-town roles to activate
and
mask the cop role. It's unfortunate that it didn't work the way it was planned now that the cat's out of the bag.
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by muzzz »

Let me get this straight: you agree with me that masking could be a reason for the Spartacus claims, and you're voting me for assuming that it's
the
reason?
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by Pads »

AshMC1984 wrote:Pads - I'm curious, why the unprompted claim in the first place?
Partially because I found the random voting phase discussion to be uninspiring, and I believed the claim would spark some helpful discussion, which it did.

Also, once looking up the lore of the movie, I had assumed that my PM included the information it did for the purposes of misleading whoever was looking for Spartacus and keeping Spartacus hidden.

The later in the game that I claimed Spartacus, the less chance that it would fool whoever was hunting him. Without the ability to contact the real Spartacus and inform him that he should probably stay hidden I could only hope that he was familiar with the film and knew to stay hidden.

With that in mind, I put myself into harm's way, hoping to keep whoever was looking for Spartacus misled. Unfortunatley, the real Spartacus made himself known pretty quickly in response, and given the information that he says he has in his PM about needing to be 'recognized' to be activated, I guess I can't really blame him for doing so.

ortolan wrote:for cateraction you've at least given a reason (albeit a weak one), but you have failed to explain what you found unnatural about ortolan's reaction.
The post in which Ortolan claimed Spartacus included several lines before the actual claim. Those lines explained what was coming and built up to the eventual claim of Spartacus, like a movie building up to a climax for maximum effect. That's showmanship. And it struck me as insincere.

unvote: Lazarus

I'm putting Laz on the back burner for the moment.

Muzzz wrote:It's extremely likely that what you're asking is, in practice, the same as asking "If you got a different role PM than most of us, please let us know." What on earth could that possibly do for us, except potentially force a powerrole to claim?
Muzzz wrote:I'm afraid we might have to force some claims today. We should probably try our best to avoid that.
These quotes sound dandy. But he changes his tune pretty quickly.

Muzzz wrote:We should probably lynch Lazarus today. But before that, I'd like to bandwagon BC into a claim.
Uh, what?

We had some folks who seemed completely unaware of Spartacus when the claims started, but Muzzz seems to have been on the opposite end of that; he seems to be very in tune with the situation. He clearly picked up on BC's posts indicating that BC was likely the real Spartacus. There's nothing wrong with that - I noticed it, too. But, he then proceeded to drag BC out into the open and tried to rustle up support for a bandwagon and a claim from BC.

Even with what little information I was given in my PM, I was able to deduce that Spartacus should be hidden. Does Muzzz seem like he wants Spartacus to be hidden? Or does it look like he's a part of the group that's looking for Spartacus?

I'd say he's a part of the group looking for Spartacus. And I also say that group is likely to be the scum.

Muzzz wrote:After his most recent post, I am absolutely, positively, one-hundred-percent certain that BC is not a generic townie. If I figured it out than it's extremely likely that the scum did as well. So BC needs to claim before he gets NK'ed.
I'm not sure if 'before he gets NK'ed' means 'prior to his death' or 'so as to prevent his death', but either way forcing the claim only given the scum more information with how to deal with him. For instance, if the scum know he's the doc, they can fire away. If they know he's not the doc, they need to take other actions, depending on what roles they have.

If Muzzz truly wanted to protect Spartacus, he would have asked for the doc protection for BC and left the subject alone.

This further reduces the possibility, in my book, that Muzzz is part of some benevolent group that's looking for Spartacus. It reeks of the scum group trying to figure out how to optimize their night plan now that Spartacus is found.

vote: Muzzz
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:55 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

muzzz wrote:Did your role PM contain the word "may"?
Surely an answer to this question would constitute a breach of the rules. It should certainly not be answered without seeking clarification.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

lazarusmoth wrote:Fishy, consider that the Spartacus claim is not in the hands of a very small minority. Consider that Spartacus claims are pro-town roles to activate
and
mask the cop role. It's unfortunate that it didn't work the way it was planned now that the cat's out of the bag.
Indeed... I wasn't claiming to have been right about my speculations. But cater found Muzzz suspect for not expecting the power up thing. I don't think it was at all obvious.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:35 am

Post by muzzz »

Pads wrote:If Muzzz truly wanted to protect Spartacus, he would have asked for the doc protection for BC and left the subject alone.
I would never stake my game on the existence of a hypothetical doc.
Fishythefish wrote:Surely an answer to this question would constitute a breach of the rules. It should certainly not be answered without seeking clarification.
Him thinking about the question is less important than him answering it. Before I explain more, I at least want to know if he sees what I'm getting at.
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:17 am

Post by Spolium »

Sorry about the further wait, I've been catching up with other games. I'll have something to post later tonight.

Following a cursory read,
unvote
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:02 am

Post by Archon »

Hey, guys, sorry for dissapearing suddenly. I've been a little busy. (lol, I just typoed busy to busty)

Anyways, I'll chatchup soon
Now modding Vengeful Mafia
pronounced ark-on
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:33 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

muzzz wrote:
@BC: In this case, there's a huge difference between "everyone" and "all you Sparticans".
That's a shame, because I disagree.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:30 am

Post by muzzz »

Are you saying that everyone, scum and whatnot included, is a Spartican?
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:46 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

muzzz wrote:Are you saying that everyone, scum and whatnot included, is a Spartican?
Yes, If not, they have some reference in their PM that leads them to believe there are players that are labeled as Spartacus. If said players are without the Spartacus involved roles, and they themselves were given scum roles, why wouldn't they try to hide themselves in a pro-town role. Or even after they found out that Spartacus is Pro-Town, they would try to hide themselves. It's the classic wolf in a sheep's clothing.

Say, some one is scum, and the majority of the town believes that a spartacus role is pro-town, of course the scum is going to claim Spartacus.

But you seem completely against this idea, making me believe that you never had "Spartacus" mentioned in your PM. This also leads me to believe that you are not pro-town.

Unvote:
Vote:Muzzz
Infinis
Infinis
Goon
Infinis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:06 am

Post by Infinis »

muzzz wrote:Are you saying that everyone, scum and whatnot included, is a Spartican?
I think only pro-town had knowledge of Spartacus. I stated my case earlier why I believe this is a balanced setup of only town knowing about Spartacus, but I am also considering the fact that scum were told finding Spartacus would be advantageous to them.

In either case, I believe Ash is splitting hairs of why vs when pads claimed Spartacus and that he didn't truly know why and therefore is scum

Since my vote was missed in the last count
Unvote; Vote Ash.
Games Played: Mini 741, Newbie 764
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:28 am

Post by muzzz »

@BC: I'm thinking we might have a different definition of "Sparticans". Initially, I thought you meant "people who knew about Spartacus". But with your latest post, I'm beginning to think you meant "people who would claim Spartacus".

I definitely agree that scum would claim Spartacus. Even if they didn't know about him at first, which I'm undecided about. But my point re. Ortolan was that he wasn't asking just the people who knew about Spartacus to claim. He was asking everyone to claim Spartacus, even people who might not have known about Spartacus before the first claim. That seemed like an attempt to confuse scum by "invalidating" the claims.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”