tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:04 am

Post by tubby216 »

ok fine i'll claim,

i am rolf's mason partner there are only two of us, we have the ability to bodyguard,

nite1 i bodyguarded axelrod at rofl's advise reason rofl said " axelrod is old school and good at this game we should keep him alive"

nite 2 i bodyguarded rofl i figured that he was really active and key in lynching scum,

nite 3 i bodyguarded caboose ,

and thats all i know at this point
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:13 am

Post by charter »

I must say, if you can bodyguard yourselves, then it seems inconceivable that you wouldn't do that every single night, especially night one. I can kind of see night 3 not doing it because Caboose seems like he is a cop, but why on earth did you not protect yourselves night one?

Anyone else going to claim to be rofl's mason buddy?
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:23 am

Post by tubby216 »

i guess you are talkin about nite 0??

do you want to refrase rethink your last post before i answer charter?
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:23 am

Post by ekiM »

Ugh, we did say don't claim if you have a power.

Assuming N1 --> N0 etc., that's a... moderately plausible claim. I mean, rofl never mentioned you negatively, and I believe the ability makes sense, but why wouldn't you protect rofl N0? You
knew
he was town, so I don't see why you would defend an unknown good player over him. Also, why don't you mention having discussed things with rofl on the second and third nights? When did you know that you can guard one another? Did you ask the mod? What else did rofl discuss with you? If the mod allows it, I'd love for you to paste everything from your quicktopic.

If he's lying can (one of) the real mason please counter claim so we can lynch a scumbag and maybe eliminate a nightkill. I assume scum would not fake counter because trading their lynch tomorrow for a bodyguard lynch today is not good for them, especially as they've already lost 2 players each.

Tubby if nobody counters I'm going to be considering you basically confirmed town at this point. If that's the case then please try and actually contribute. A confirmed townie is very useful for analysis if he puts the effort in.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:27 am

Post by ekiM »

tubby216 wrote:i guess you are talkin about nite 0??

do you want to refrase rethink your last post before i answer charter?
Explain.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:29 am

Post by tubby216 »

never mind i am a retard , it was my post that was wrong

the nites should be 0,1,2

reason for nite 0 we did not know at the time we could protect ourselves, so rofl sugested axel due to previous meta and gaming experience,

reason for nite 1 i asked the mod if i could protect rofl the mod said yes i could,

reason for nite 2 we disscussed it at and we agreed that one of us for saving a investigative role would be a good trade
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:34 am

Post by ekiM »

Did you discuss suspects etc. at all?
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:39 am

Post by tubby216 »

yes rofl's were
axelrod
x
seraphim
korts

i was looking at

dd
howard roark

basically if his cases made more sense i would follow him,

if i seen anything that needed his attention i would have quoted it and questioned the player in question
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:42 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'm tired and its early and we're talking about MASONS JOY...but, one question:

1.) The hell does this confirm anyone? I dont see in that role any notification that they are confirmed to each other.

Now, chances are high this is true, but the game of out the "mason" win a prize when the prize could be ants covered in bears isn't too hot.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:45 am

Post by ekiM »

OK then. I'm assuming tubby is telling the truth, with the proviso that he is lying then he
really
should be counter-claimed, unless the remaining mason is a multitasker-vigilante-cop or something.

Congrats tubby, you are playing as confirmed town! Make the most of it...

@SpyreX: From page one: "
Masonry: All members are confirmed to be pro-town and share the regular town victory condition.
"
@all: would like more opinions on the merits of neighborhood claiming.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:45 am

Post by populartajo »

Dont waste time on tubby. I dont see him as scum claiming that freely when he knows he will be counterclaimed. Only a counterclaim can change my mind about him being town. But Im posting this right now so everyboidy see this:

If you are the real rolfpartner mason, CLAIM NOW. If you claim later, you will hurt the town.

Tubby, if you for some reason "forgot" that your masonry is of three players, I think TODAY is the time to say it. Dont say who he is but please tell us if there are indeed three players in your masonry. If you are only two, then confirm please.

Okay, with that said, now can we go back to lynch HowardRock?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:48 am

Post by populartajo »

ekiM wrote:OK then. I'm assuming tubby is telling the truth, with the proviso that he is lying then he
really
should be counter-claimed, unless the remaining mason is a multitasker-vigilante-cop or something.

Congrats tubby, you are playing as confirmed town! Make the most of it...

@SpyreX: From page one: "
Masonry: All members are confirmed to be pro-town and share the regular town victory condition.
"
@all: would like more opinions on the merits of neighborhood claiming.
I dont see any reason why they shouldnt claim, specially the one that already had two mafiates on it.
Call me Tajo.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:51 am

Post by ekiM »

What do we gain by others claiming? What's changed since yesterday in that regard?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:54 am

Post by populartajo »

What do we lose?
Call me Tajo.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:57 am

Post by ekiM »

We lose that scum will also be aware of the neighborhoods. Obviously this is bad if they have a group ability. Not sure if it's bad if they don't.

If there's a group of neighbors (unconfirmed masons) in a game is it SOP for them to claim at the start of the game?

Now what do we gain? And why weren't you asking neighbors to claim yesterday or day one then?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:03 am

Post by populartajo »

I dont know. Im sucker for massclaim and Im really pondering if with the amount of dead scum and the amount of interaction between roles and the additional information that neighbors could provide, we are approaching the line where massclaim can lead us to win this game as a puzzle.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:06 am

Post by populartajo »

Just an example:
Korts wrote:Bullshit. You can't calculate likeliness of either scenario, since you don't know the town's power roles. I have role-based information that at least one kill more was attempted N0 than went through.
This is just a piece of a puzzle that massclaim can solve if done correctly.

But as I said, maybe today is not the optymal day. My reread will confirm or deny my theory.
Call me Tajo.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:13 am

Post by charter »

I am normally a proponent of massclaim, but I want to wait until tomorrow.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:03 am

Post by Axelrod »

I'm totally down with Tubby's claim. Add one more townie to the list as far as I'm concerned. This also means there's a better than even chance Caboose could make it through another Night tonight, which is definitely a good thing.

Also, Korts: everything ekiM said just now made complete and total sense. There was nothing there to argue with, because it was all perfectly reasonable. Please note, I'm not saying that everything ekiM said was CORRECT. I don't know if it was correct or not. You say you've got some "role-based" info. That's great for you. I'm saying that for someone without said info. it was logical and made sense and was a perfectly reasonable thing to assume. You jumping on him for it, to the point of practically calling him scum seems off.

I like most of what you've said, and I'm still sticking with the "Not Russian" impression I've got. But I suppose Italian is still a possiblilty....

Also, reviewing the list of abilities this game, I'm pretty sure I don't know what kind of role-based info would allow you to know that a kill was attempted and failed on Night 0 unless (1) you were attempting that kill yourself, or (2) someone tried to kill
you
and you had a Bulletproof vest. Just saying.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:45 am

Post by Korts »

ekiM wrote:You're not interested in what one of your top suspects throughout the game has to say about his earlier hood claim?
I'm interested, sure, but I haven't decided yet whether it would actually be optimal to out a whole neighbourhood for this purpose.
ekiM wrote:And I don't have that information, so from my POV where we have a compulsive N0 vig and a single N0 kill, the most obvious explanation is that the vig committed the kill.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to partially claim, by the way.
Ok, fair enough. I still think it was bad to assume, but I can accept for the time being that town can make that kind of assumption.

I claimed what I did because I don't want anyone to base their deductions on false premises when I have proof to the contrary.
ekiM wrote:Isn't this exactly what I just said?
Right, I skipped that apparently.

tubby's fullclaim was premature, but it's honest, at least as far as I can tell.
tajo wrote:If you are the real rolfpartner mason, CLAIM NOW. If you claim later, you will hurt the town.
I don't like this comment. It's been made plenty clear by ekiM already that if anyone other than tubby is rofl's partner, they should counterclaim, and it's obvious anyway--this strikes me more as "HEY SCUMPARTNER COUNTERCLAIM HIM PLZ"
tajo wrote:Tubby, if you for some reason "forgot" that your masonry is of three players, I think TODAY is the time to say it. Dont say who he is but please tell us if there are indeed three players in your masonry. If you are only two, then confirm please.
What is the purpose of this, considering that tubby claimed this:
tubby wrote:i am rolf's mason partner
there are only two of us,
we have the ability to bodyguard,
Axel wrote:Also, reviewing the list of abilities this game, I'm pretty sure I don't know what kind of role-based info would allow you to know that a kill was attempted and failed on Night 0 unless (1) you were attempting that kill yourself, or (2) someone tried to kill you and you had a Bulletproof vest. Just saying.
You know, it's not particularly pro-town to muse about these things out loud. I can think of at least one other way other than these
or
the actual case if it isn't one of the above, though, just off the top of my head.
scumchat never die
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:33 am

Post by TDC »

Vote Countdarkdude (2): charter, ekiM
HowardRoark (1): populartajo

Not Voting (11): tubby216, darkdude, iamausername, Seraphim, Korts, X, Mixologist, HowardRoark, SpyreX, Caboose, Axelrod
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:13 am

Post by SpyreX »

Thanks for the clarification Ek, barring CC which I doubt tubby be town yo'.

Vote: Darkdude.

Also would happily, again, lynch Sera.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:25 am

Post by Mufasa »

No posting when you're dead, please. Even if it's just a bah.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:16 am

Post by Seraphim »

Korts wrote:Also, roflcopter was obviously a scum kill. I'm suspicious of Seraphim first and foremost for this.
Can I ask why?
EkiM wrote:Seraphim! Still scummy! Why did you think claiming that you're in a neighborhood helps you out? What did you say to your neighbors last night? Did you reach an agreement on whether they would claim or not? What's going on, basically.

Why did I claim? It decreased the probability of me being scum. Alvinz's flip decreased that chance again, barring the existence of a third scum group. Four people were killed last night which seems to indicate a fourth possible killing group, more than likely a one-shot given the previous night's two kills.

Do you think that my inclusion into the Lower Neighborhood makes more or less likely to be scum given the two flips in the Upper Roccisi Neighborhoods?

We talked about Caboose's information and my behavior yesterday. We also talked about my abilities.

We did not talk about claiming because I only claimed to save my ass. There was no need to talk about dragging the rest of them into it.

ekiM, what advantage would there be in my neighbors claiming?

---

My current suspects are Darkdude and ekiM. No, Mike, this isn't OMGUS, I do have reasons to suspect you beyond what Korts has pointed out. I think you may have slipped. But of course, let's hear what Caboose has to say.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Korts wrote: You know, it's not particularly pro-town to muse about these things out loud. I can think of at least one other way other than these
or
the actual case if it isn't one of the above, though, just off the top of my head.
It is completely "pro-town" to "muse" about things out loud, plus, if you didn't want that to happen I rather think you ought not have brought it up in the first place. Why did you do that again? Just to quash ekiM speculating that Skitzer was responsible for the kill on N0?

I usually post with the assumption that the Mafia are not stupid and will figure out obvious things, so I am not particularly concerned talking about them.

dum de dum de dum....

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”