Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:10 am

Post by Porkens »

Howdy Y'all.

I'm sorry for my relative inactivity the last couple days. I've been busy prepping for the Summer quarter and re-settling in Arkansas.

Just so there's no ambiguity at all; I shot afatchick. I had been hemmin' and hawing about daykilling a number of people; VP Baltar, Mykonian, Incognito, Plum, or Zilla. But then, afatchick promised a re-read on Saturday. I realized he was, actually,
in the game
and, furthurmore, that he'd only posted twice in a 6 page game (that's less than ME). When his re-read didn't come for over 24 hours, I got the twitch and made the call (and you better believe I rubbed my belli when he flipped scum PR).

I was also considering hammering Zilla in the next post, but I have this nagging feeling that he's not scum (which I may or may not be able to articulate well). And then Plum made my decision easier with her unvote.

I ~think~ I'd be happier with a Mycon lynch over a Zilla one at the moment, but I'm going to hold off on a vote (hammer?) until I take one more look which, unfortunately, I don't have time to do right now.

What I'd really, really like to see when I get back, if anyone has time, is an analysis of VP Baltar and Llamafluffs interactions with one-another in the game so far. I think I see...~something~ but I'd like an unbiased, second opinion.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:17 am

Post by mykonian »

ok, I seem to be misunderstanding what is happening here. Because I can't imagine that people actually want to lynch me because I waited with voting. Zilla thinks I lurk too, something I don't think I can.

but there must be something else, that I haven't defended against. Could someone point this out to me?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:52 am

Post by ZazieR »

Porkens wrote:Howdy Y'all.

I'm sorry for my relative inactivity the last couple days. I've been busy prepping for the Summer quarter and re-settling in Arkansas.

Just so there's no ambiguity at all; I shot afatchick. I had been hemmin' and hawing about daykilling a number of people; VP Baltar, Mykonian, Incognito, Plum, or Zilla. But then, afatchick promised a re-read on Saturday. I realized he was, actually,
in the game
and, furthurmore, that he'd only posted twice in a 6 page game (that's less than ME). When his re-read didn't come for over 24 hours, I got the twitch and made the call (and you better believe I rubbed my belli when he flipped scum PR).

I was also considering hammering Zilla in the next post, but I have this nagging feeling that he's not scum (which I may or may not be able to articulate well). And then Plum made my decision easier with her unvote.

I ~think~ I'd be happier with a Mycon lynch over a Zilla one at the moment, but I'm going to hold off on a vote (hammer?) until I take one more look which, unfortunately, I don't have time to do right now.

What I'd really, really like to see when I get back, if anyone has time, is an analysis of VP Baltar and Llamafluffs interactions with one-another in the game so far. I think I see...~something~ but I'd like an unbiased, second opinion.
What are your reasons for thinking about killing those players?
Also, if you're not a 'full' vig (which you'll have to prove day 2), but a one-shot, expect my vote tomorrow.
Ignore the ''R''
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:17 am

Post by mykonian »

ZazieR wrote:What are your reasons for thinking about killing those players?
Also, if you're not a 'full' vig (which you'll have to prove day 2), but a one-shot, expect my vote tomorrow.
???

a one shot mafia vig that shoots his own buddy?

very unlikely.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:19 am

Post by ZazieR »

mykonian wrote:
???

very unlikely.
Porkens who doesn't have a lurking Zazie in list of players who he was thinking about killing is very unlikely to be town.
Ignore the ''R''
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:26 am

Post by mykonian »

ZazieR wrote:
mykonian wrote:
???

very unlikely.
Porkens who doesn't have a lurking Zazie in list of players who he was thinking about killing is very unlikely to be town.
but he shot a mafia powerrole, and you threaten to vote him if he is a one shot. What does that have to do with who he has on his list?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:39 am

Post by ZazieR »

mykonian wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
mykonian wrote:
???

very unlikely.
but he shot a mafia powerrole, and you threaten to vote him if he is a one shot. What does that have to do with who he has on his list?
If he's a one-shot, I find it suspicious that he has used it almost at the start.
Second, his claim. Why would a dayvig claim right away?
Third, I wasn't on his list, while I was lurking as well.

I can see a 1-shot daykill mafia, but not a daykill mafia. This is why I'm giving Porkens a chance for today to prove tomorrow if he's a dayvig. If he's not, point 3 is a very big tell against him.
Ignore the ''R''
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:49 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Why would a daykill mafia shoot a powerrole on his team unprovoked, especially one as useful as Governor?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:51 am

Post by mykonian »

VP Baltar wrote:Why would a daykill mafia shoot a powerrole on his team unprovoked, especially one as useful as Governor?
He wouldn't. Zazie has to assume a lucky 2nd team mafia, or a daykill SK to make this work. Unlikely, so I won't vote for Porkens tomorrow because of that.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:52 am

Post by ZazieR »

VP Baltar wrote:Why would a daykill mafia shoot a powerrole on his team unprovoked, especially one as useful as Governor?
To let others think that he's town?
Sorry, but he should either be a dayvg or have a very good reason why I wasn't on that list in order for me to think something else.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:53 am

Post by ZazieR »

mykonian wrote:
He wouldn't. Zazie has to assume a lucky 2nd team mafia, or a daykill SK to make this work. Unlikely, so I won't vote for Porkens tomorrow because of that.
ZazieR wrote:
To let others think that he's town?

Sorry, but he should either be a dayvg or have a very good reason why I wasn't on that list in order for me to think something else.
Ignore the ''R''
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:54 am

Post by mykonian »

There are much easier ways to look town, then to daykill a mafia governor :)
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:57 am

Post by ZazieR »

mykonian wrote:There are much easier ways to look town, then to daykill a mafia governor :)
It's about the succes rate not to find an easy way.
But I'll wait till tomorrow to see if my suspicions are correct.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:58 am

Post by ZazieR »

And while waiting, Porkens can of course tell why I wasn't included in that list.
Ignore the ''R''
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:09 am

Post by Incognito »

unvote

Not because I don't think he's scum any longer, but we really don't need L-1 yet.
Post 172, Plum wrote:
Unvote: Zilla

Now it's L-1, I'm not ready to have her there and am in the middle of preparing a reread post in which I was considering other cases anyhow.
You do realize that your vote on mykonian placed
him
at L-1 too right? Were you concerned about ANYONE being at L-1 so quickly when you stated the above or just Zilla?

Porkens:
why kill so quickly? If you had a scum read on afatchic, why not allow him to produce some content (like a Player-by-Player) before shooting?

More later. Haven't read through the last page yet.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Zazier wrote:To let others think that he's town?
Wouldn't the same thing be achieved by killing a goon?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:32 am

Post by ZazieR »

VP Baltar wrote:
Who says there are goons present?
Ignore the ''R''
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:00 am

Post by camn »

Porkens dayvigged a filthy lurker!

The fact that that lurker flipped scum is simply the karma gods rewarding us all!
I, for one, have never heard of mafia daykilling their buddy. It seems inconceivable... especially day one, with a perfectly good wagon in place.

He could easily have vigged Zilla, and not bothered claiming..... Or could he?

Porkens: Were you
required
to write "blam" or something? Or could you have dayvigged invisibly?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:08 am

Post by Plum »

There is no reason to assume Porkens is, at this point, anything but town. I'm interested in the points Zazie is bringing up . . . but right now that's more intellectual than anything. I highly doubt that this is the work of scum of the same faction as afachic. Outside chance of something else, I suppose.
camn wrote:I, for one, have never heard of mafia daykilling their buddy. It seems inconceivable... especially day one, with a perfectly good wagon in place.
^^That.
Incognito wrote:You do realize that your vote on mykonian placed
him
at L-1 too right? Were you concerned about ANYONE being at L-1 so quickly when you stated the above or just Zilla?
I'm ashamed to say that I didn't, and I would not have voted him at that point had I realized that. Now that you've unvoted and he's at L-2, well, he remains my top suspect.

Zilla: Hm, you're right, I see the post of Porkens you were concerned about. I want to analyze that more when I have more time than the lunch break at school, but it's on my list and I think it'll be something that makes me more inclined to see your side of things.
Zilla wrote:Can you elaborate please? What is the cause of this null-read?
His tunnelling on you: it's not really helping the town &c. but I'm not sure whether to read it as a scumtell or not. I think I may feel that way because I'm under the impression, rightly or wrongly, that that sort of aggression and tunnelling is par for the course it Charter. I plan to do a more extensive reread of him as early as convenient.
mykonian wrote:
this could be eager town, or scum with a particular way of playing. Seen my game with her, it is the last.
But you're pretty sure/quite confident for a Day 1 case that it's the latter of the two possibilities, are you?

More soon-ish.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:58 am

Post by SpyreX »

Nothing to see here, gents'

Kmd4390 (0):
Zazier (0):
Plum (0):
Llamafluff (0):
Porkens (0):
camn (0):
Mykonian (4): Zilla, VP Baltar, camn, Plum

charter (0):
Incognito (0):
Zilla (3): Charter, Kmd4390, Mykonian
VP Baltar (0):

With 11 alive, it is 6 to lynch.

Deadline: Thursday June 11th 10:30 PST
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:08 am

Post by mykonian »

Plum wrote:
mykonian wrote:
this could be eager town, or scum with a particular way of playing. Seen my game with her, it is the last.
But you're pretty sure/quite confident for a Day 1 case that it's the latter of the two possibilities, are you?

More soon-ish.
yes. I think it is weird that I'm accused of tunneling. I have tried to express my doubt of VP early (which was seen as defending my self). The only thing that makes that a bit more doubtful is the way zilla talked to him, after I voted her. Also, I have reacted on zazie here, that brought something really unusual up, that is hard to believe to come from town. So no, I don't think I'm tunneling, I believe in what I did there, it is hard to defend, and there has been little talking about it.

but, to accuse people of tunneling, I still have trouble to understand why I'm your top suspect. I would like to defend myself from it, because on this moment the only reason why people don't lynch me is because they think it is too early :(
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:42 am

Post by Zilla »

charter wrote:
Zilla wrote:If you think I'm backpedaling on my stance on Porkens, apply that same logic to KMD regarding Mykonian. He DID suspect Mykonian.
No. None of what you quoted
suggest Kmd suspecting myk,
you're just interpreting it your own (wrong) way.
Yes they do. They certainly suggest KMD suspecting Mykonian. You can believe KMD's justification, but that would mean you're not applying the same method you're applying to me, which is to discount anything the person says about it.

You haven't taken it as viable when I tell you that you're just interpreting my stance on Porkens in your own (wrong) way. Why does this work for KMD?
Aware of that. However, you are attacking him repeatedly. Assault and battery can lead to death if sustained over a period of time. ~ Cybele
Zilla
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Zilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:49 am

Post by Zilla »

Mykonian: did you see my explanation for why you don't see the same pattern in the games you looked at? What do you think of that? Are you still voting me for meta?
Aware of that. However, you are attacking him repeatedly. Assault and battery can lead to death if sustained over a period of time. ~ Cybele
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:00 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Zilla wrote: If you're saying my defense of my meta that you need to actually look at the context of the game is weak, I'm assuming you agree that my meta "implicates" me somehow. You weren't being specific, so I asked why you thought my meta impicated me.
I'm not taking your meta into account at all because it's too inconsistent. It doesn't implicate you and it doesn't clear you.
Zilla wrote: Why are you coaching Mykonian? Why would you overlook a poor defense? If you follow your logic, you would be suspicious of Mykonian on the grounds that he claimed the WIFOM of bussing being impossible. Saying you're not suspicious of him is trying to avoid the flak you'd catch for backing out of being suspicious about him. I don't see town justifying that they weren't suspicious of somebody like this.
Um, no. I'm not suspicious of people every time they do something that I disagree with. I don't
actually
think there is enough evidence to say who was bussing who or anything at this point and I have yet to see a solid case on Myko.

Nice try, scum.
Zilla wrote: Now, a weak case in that on this page, KMD again coaches Mykonian over his attack on VP Baltar. I don't like how Mykonian did a 180 because KMD gave his accusation a different label, between "story" and "theory." The exchange of posts 160-162 is odd to say the least. Why does calling it a theory make his 160 statements suddenly void, and why does that offer "insight" any more than a story would?
Stories are completely made up by scum. Theories are what townies believe to be true.
SpyreX wrote:
afatchic, Forest Wolf Governor, has been pierced through the heart.
Good shot. :lol:
Incognito wrote:
Mod:
camn's also voting mykonian.

It should be noted that the death of afatchic now places Zilla at L-1. afatchic-scum's posts:
afatchic's 1st post wrote:
Vote Incognito
Votes obvtown during random stage.
afatchic's 2nd post wrote:
Zilla wrote:Ninja'd.

doublevote: afatchic
for the same reason as Llamafluff.
Only scum would wanna lynch two people right at the start!
Serious accusation towards Zilla dressed up as a joke.

Not much to analyze unfortunately but at least one scum is dead.
Very minor scumpoints for Incog for being random voted by scum. But VERY minor.

Zilla gets more scumpoints. Afat's Zilla accusation looks more like distancing.

We didn't get much from afat, but that's what I'll take from his flip.
Zilla wrote: Judo-speculation: Is camn's interest in afatchic solely based on lurking?
Most likely. Camn is a lurker hunter.
Plum wrote: @ All: Is not casting a random vote more or less suspect than casting a random vote without jokey reasoning provided? Also, does anyone know if Myk has a history of avoiding voting in the random stage at all?
I've always disliked it when people don't random vote, but the last time I called someone out for it, he was town (Sci in Newbie 734).
Plum wrote: Kmd: How do you see Mykonian and the case on him. Please, feel your freest to elaborate.
I'd like to see him express some more suspicion on people, but he seems like townMyko to me.
Zilla wrote: If you think I'm backpedaling on my stance on Porkens, apply that same logic to KMD regarding Mykonian. He DID suspect Mykonian.
Stop putting words in my mouth. I haven't suspected Myko yet in this game.
Zilla wrote: And then there's how he didn't like Mykonian's response to the Zilla/Mykonian bussing theory. Either he's coaching Mykonian, or he suspects him.
I disagree with some of his play so far. That doesn't make him scum though.
ZazieR wrote: There was a post that set off my gut. But if I'd comment on it at that point, the player could possibly change his/her approach in this game. If his/her play stays the same, I'll get back to that post.

Also, you posted some quotes in this post from Zilla. Could you state which of them are scummy to you and why?
Um, fair enough I guess.

Anything I've seen as scummy from Zilla, I'be already pointed out.
ZazieR wrote: Also, if you're not a 'full' vig (which you'll have to prove day 2), but a one-shot, expect my vote tomorrow.
You'd vote someone who shot scum? Why?
ZazieR wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:
Who says there are goons present?
Are you suggesting that scum have a Governer, Dayvig, and something more powerful? I'm not completely sure what a Governer does, but VP's post suggests that it is powerful
Zilla wrote: You haven't taken it as viable when I tell you that you're just interpreting my stance on Porkens in your own (wrong) way. Why does this work for KMD?
You SAID that you were partially serious about voting Porkens. I never said Myko was scummy in any way.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:06 am

Post by mykonian »

isn't a governor a role that stops a lynch?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”