Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 6:07 pm

Post by Kise »

Yes, I'm saying the scum got all scared when I said, and figured I might be able to investigate them..

Uh ohs! Did we just call them scum, camm!?!? :o

You guys can dispel everything I'm saying and try to accuse me of being overly paranoid.. but all things are possible. In fact, it's pretty much a part of mafia's job to lie to the townies. So excuse me if I'm a bit rough and unbelieving in people's intentions.

I just want to throw this out there -- Have you all noticed how independent I am? Juuuust checking to see if anyone has noticed I'm quite a loner thus far.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 6:08 pm

Post by Kise »

Kise wrote:Yes, I'm saying the scum got all scared when I said COP, and figured I might be able to investigate them..
Sorry. Not sure how I forgot to add that word in there.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 6:09 pm

Post by Kise »

camn wrote:Or are you saying that Townies have a reason to drive the nightkill towards someone??
Never thought of it that way... They'd be some rotten bastards if they tried to make mafia think I was the cop. But, I'd like to think that would make me a martyr.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 6:12 pm

Post by camn »

Thats no answer. What do you mean "
it still seems like I'm being lined up for a night kill.
"??

What are you reading that gives you that impression?
And who is writing it?

And what does it even MEAN?
Like, if scum WERE intending on killing you.. how would you even know it?

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN???!!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 6:35 pm

Post by Kise »

Ok let's assume for a second that I'm the only townie here.

I get asked about my experience. To me, this translates into, "Are you a smart player that should be NK'd so we can get your troublesome ass out of the way? Or are you a noob that can live through the day and be manipulated with during the next day phase?"

And when asked if I was certain there is a cop in this game, that translates to me as, "Do you know who the cop is? Is it you? There's hardly ANY cops in these Coney Island games, so surely you must know something, Kise. Come on, tell us. Are you the copper? We really need to kill you right away if you are."

I hear voices in my head.

And actually, camn, I wouldn't know if they were intent on killing me, but even if I don't know for sure, I don't doubt it neither. All things are possible. I tend to consider the worse-case scenario.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by Kise »

Unvote
Vote: Starbuck

She has time to make posts tonight and yesterday in other games (May 30th-June 1st), yet she doesn't feel the need to contribute in this one[?]

I'm not going to wait around for someone to explain themselves, or lurk while everyone else is in a state of chaos. If you're too scared to have attention on you, it must be for a reason, SB.

Yet…
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 7:36 pm

Post by camn »

oh!
You mean "rolefishing"!

Who do you think is doing it???
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 7:54 pm

Post by Kise »

Any & everyone who keeps asking me why I think a cop is in this game. And the thing is, I didn't say I was 100% sure a cop was here. All I said was that I wanted to provoke some good responses from everyone so that a cop could make a priority list of who he thinks is worth investigating.

I believe molest was the 1st to ask me why I thought a cop was in this game in the 1st place, then VP quoted him for truth.

Yet…
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by molestargazer »

Kise - I think I need to put my old avatar back on. Read the sig. :P
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 10:36 pm

Post by molestargazer »

Platypus_Dude wrote:What in particular so far could give you a 'very pro-town' reading of him?
Nothing 'in particular'. From the limited discussion we've had so far, I've seen VPB generally contributing and being reasonable and logical in what he says.
Kise wrote:Ok, why is everyone DEFINITE that there are NO cops in this game? It's not like I said there was definitely one... All I said was that I wanted us to get into some heavy discussion so that a possible cop or lie detector could investigate.
I'm not definite. But relying on one isn't good.
I understand your motives, but discussion purely for cops isn't something we need. We need discussion to lead to a good lynch.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Kise, for the third time, can you please answer the questions I put to you in 131.

re: cops--I don't think anyone said there was or wasn't one in this game. People were just asking why you were so sure there was one.
Kise wrote:And I could also give cop/lie detector something to work with.
That sounds pretty damn certain that there is a cop. Now you are trying to play it off like were not certain there is one, and that anyone questioning you about it must be suspicious because they are trying to find out if you are the cop. WTF?
kise wrote:why is everyone DEFINITE that there are NO cops in this game?
Please quote where anyone said this. You seem to venture into hyperbole a lot when you are posting and I don't like it.
Kise wrote:Did we just call them scum, camm!?!?
What are your feelings on camn this game? Do you read her as town, scum or neutral? Why?

Also, Kise, if you think mole or I are rolefishing and trying to find out if you are a cop with our questions (ie we are scum), why are you not voting for one of us instead of going after the lurking Starbuck?

----

skitzer, we've had some more pages added now, you find anything to comment on yet or are you going to continue to avoid this game?

-----

Josh Lyman seems to moved to lurkerville since getting a little bit of pressure.

Lots of other people seem to be doing the same and it's not helping discussion.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:02 am

Post by Starbuck »

For the record, I have been working and all I really have been able to do is read to catch up on the forums.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:15 am

Post by Kise »

VP Baltar wrote:I think KKN's supposed "contradiction" was pretty innocuous. I felt your attack on him for it was actually more suspicious, hence the questioning. I also haven't really questioned imaginality, molestargazer, PD, Crazy, etc., does that mean I'm buddies with them as well?
Yes.
VP Baltar wrote:
molestargazer wrote:
Kise wrote:And I could also give cop/lie detector something to work with.
Why do you assume we HAVE a cop?
QFT.
Ok, well then how about you two tell me what you think is going on? I won't assume we have a cop, because that's all I did was accept the possibility that a cop would be in this game. So whatever with this whole cop situation. I think enough has been said for ANY potential investigative role to do some research during NP. So, let's move on. We're going in a circle by discussing this because I pretty much have the same, unchanging answer: I only assumed a cop would be here.

And VP, I was joking when I said you were scum buddies with everyone else. My main thing is showing you how it looks whenever you co-sign what Josh is saying, and also support/defend Kid a lot instead of letting him speak for himself.

Welcome back, Starbuck.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:35 am

Post by skitzer »

KKN wrote:Skitzer, how strongly do you feel that there are post restrictions going on? And do you feel that the discussion thus far hasn't been serious discussion?
I definitely feel there is at least one post restriction, though I'm not sure what it is. And the discussion hasn't been much IMO, or I'm not seeing it.

In other news, my top pick for the post restriction is camn. Unless she's been listening to her NIN perpetually for five days, she can't be this angry.
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:48 am

Post by Platypus_Dude »

Kise: I think that it's good that you're finding connections between players, but not all connections necessarily mean maf. It's sometimes better to watch the connections rather than comment on each one.
Kise wrote:I just want to throw this out there -- Have you all noticed how independent I am? Juuuust checking to see if anyone has noticed I'm quite a loner thus far.
To me, this almost reads as, "Look how townie I am!" Why did you feel the need to add that?

It seems like skitzer posts mostly when he's called upon. Is that intentional?
"Platypus_Dude: I thought you played well throughout." - Incognito
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:48 am

Post by skitzer »

That's how I post. I'm not sure I know how to post any other way.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:00 am

Post by Kise »

Platypus_Dude wrote:
Kise wrote:I just want to throw this out there -- Have you all noticed how independent I am? Juuuust checking to see if anyone has noticed I'm quite a loner thus far.
To me, this almost reads as, "Look how townie I am!" Why did you feel the need to add that?
Yup, that was my point. I felt like it needed to made more evident in case people missed it. :) I'm so townie! Yes! I'm not mafia! <--- If there is a Lie Detector, inspect that sentence right there.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Crazy »

To be honest, I'm going back and forth on this "rolefishing" thing.

@Kise: If scum suspected you were the cop, why wouldn't they just not mention it and kill you tonight? Then they wouldn't look like they had anything to do with it.

@Molestargazer/VPB: What is scummy about saying there is likely a cop in this setup, even if that is what Kise did?
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by Kise »

Crazy, do not give mafia any ideas. Also, I have a feeling people (whomever is scum) are asking about whether I myself am the cop because they want to be 100% sure that there NK counts. That's what I'm getting at.

Yet…
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:39 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Kise wrote:Welcome back, Starbuck.
I was never gone.

Quick Note: I'm in the US Navy and stationed in Sicily. I also am doing college classes as well. My hours can be very weird and sometimes I can go a day or two without posting, although I do keep up reading wise while I am at work.

Kise wrote:
Unvote
Vote: Starbuck

She has time to make posts tonight and yesterday in other games (May 30th-June 1st), yet she doesn't feel the need to contribute in this one[?]

I'm not going to wait around for someone to explain themselves, or lurk while everyone else is in a state of chaos. If you're too scared to have attention on you, it must be for a reason, SB.

Also, I've had this notepad document saved on my desktop for the last day or so and have been adding to it, but haven't had a chance to get through the rest of the thread. So I'd appreciate you not assuming that I'm blowing off this thread. Seems like you are doing a lot of assuming anyways but I'll get to that.

Back to the game.....

On everyone's questions on how to get out of RVS, I really don't know how to get past the RVS yet. It's something I've been thinking about every game. I normally play on View Askew, but our games normally consist of 25-45 people. You really can't get an RVS going with that many people.

Something I find funny is this:
Kid Know Nothing wrote:
Kise wrote:I smell a catfight.
Yes, oh yes, I dooo!
This helps hunting how?

Also; alliteration.
Crazy wrote:I had to read that whole Kise/KKN thing again.

I'll admit, Kise, that KKN's alliterative comment was a little overboard. Still, I don't see it as anything more than an attempt to start discussion. Do you think he's scum, Kise, or were you just trying to add to the discussion?
Kid Know Nothing didn't even insult Kise. Do you guys know what alliteration is? It's not that he is illiterate (having little or no education or unable to read or write). It means this, for example, "Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Pickled Peppers", the same repeating consonant sound at the beginning of several words in close succession.

Here's the Wiki article for those of you that want to double check me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliteration

I'm not a teacher or anything. I've just been writing poetry since I was about 13 (close to 11 years now).

I find Kise to be quite scummy.

Kise wrote:VB, you know who I think are "teamming," as I put it. I see this little conversation about NIN going on with yourself, Camm, & KKN.
I really don't think the conversation about NIN has anything to do with the game. I'm also a fan of NIN, are you gonna throw me onto your list too?

I really think all of the non game banter in the first few pages was what it was, BANTER.

Kise wrote:Woops, didn't see your post, Starbuck. But that quote of mine that you used should have summed it up... Just like Josh said, "guilty until proven innocent." I have the mindset that all of you could be mafia, so I'm viewing VPB's question as if he is mafia asking me about my experience... and like I told him, I think that's sticking my neck out there for mafia to NK me if they fear I may catch onto them sooner or later.

If the majority want an answer that bad, I've played & modded mafia games on other forums. Hopefully that's enough.. I see no reason to be any more intimate unless you guys are trying to line me up for NK.

I'm purposely trying to catch someone slipping. I'd rather have a general idea as to who the whole mafia is, rather than just picking one possible member. I may be gone after the NP, so I at least want to see who I can put on my suspect list.
He keeps deflecting the experience question. I know that I'm still fairly new to the site (only one completed newbie game), but I have offsite experience which is logged in my Wiki. Kise's Wiki says he is only competing in Newbie 787 and I see no links to his supposed offsite experience.

camn wrote:
Kise wrote: Because.. well.. :roll: It's a 12-person mafia game.. and cops are, you know.. in pretty much all of these.. :? QFT, huh?
Hahahaha!
We are in a mental institution!
As I said earlier!

We are in an asylum! I'm pretty sure there aren't cops here, although there may be something along the lines of a cop but may not be called that. Everyone's crazy! Well except the nurses and doctors, but I'm pretty sure at the end of their day, they are a little nuts from dealing with all the inmates....err patients. I'm definitely going to assume that Nurse Ratchet plays a part in this game but that's the literary hopeful in me.

Kise pretty much put it out there that there is some type of lie detector role. I think he slipped up and spilled too much information for his own good.

Platypus_Dude wrote:

I definitely agree with Platypus about this statement. Kise seems a bit overconfident to me.

I am also suspicious of Skitzer.

Out of no where he posts this:
skitzer wrote:I think there are some very subtle post restrictions out there.
Josh Lyman asks him to expand and he answers with this post:
skitzer wrote:Well, here's what I was potentially thinking:
Starbuck wrote:I really hate RVS. Just putting it out there.
This is an odd post. Especially with the bolded part.

Also, camn expresses anger in many of her posts. I think she tried to cover this up at the beginning with her "listening to NIN" post.

There are a lot of question marks and elippsisses (elippsi?), but they are sporadic and pertain to no one particular person.

In general the game itself isn't playing...normally.
What's a normal way a game is played? I'm not sure about everyone else, but each Mafia game I have played has always played differently.

VP Baltar wrote:
skitzer wrote:This is an odd post. Especially with the bolded part.

Also, camn expresses anger in many of her posts. I think she tried to cover this up at the beginning with her "listening to NIN" post.

There are a lot of question marks and elippsisses (elippsi?), but they are sporadic and pertain to no one particular person.

In general the game itself isn't playing...normally.
This all looks like an attempt to look busy without really contributing.
I agree.

skitzer wrote:
KKN wrote:Skitzer, how strongly do you feel that there are post restrictions going on? And do you feel that the discussion thus far hasn't been serious discussion?
I definitely feel there is at least one post restriction, though I'm not sure what it is. And the discussion hasn't been much IMO, or I'm not seeing it.

In other news, my top pick for the post restriction is camn. Unless she's been listening to her NIN perpetually for five days, she can't be this angry.
Skitzer seems certain on this subject, but I'm concerned that he still thinks there is a lack of discussion.

I'm also a bit suspicious of Josh Lyman's comments about Kise's question. He contradicted himself all over the place while trying to explain why a Townie would claim scum and vice versa.

camn wrote:
Kise wrote: Because.. well.. :roll: It's a 12-person mafia game.. and cops are, you know.. in pretty much all of these.. :? QFT, huh?
Hahahaha!
We are in a mental institution!
As I said earlier!

We are in an asylum! I'm pretty sure there aren't cops here, although there may be something along the lines of a cop but may not be called that. Everyone's crazy! Well except the nurses and doctors, but I'm pretty sure at the end of their day, they are a little nuts from dealing with all the inmates....err patients. I'm definitely going to assume that Nurse Ratchet plays a part in this game but that's the literary hopeful in me.

Kise pretty much put it out there that there is some type of lie detector role. I think he slipped up and spilled too much information for his own good.

Btw on Taranski, he did post and say that he's in the middle of buying a house.

Platypus_Dude wrote:
Imaginality wrote:Vote: molestargazer lurking.
Ironic much? Also, what is your stance on lurking?

I want to add that I wish there are some aggressive players in this game. It might make some of the newer people or lurkers more interested in the game.
I also saw this post and was going to comment on Imaginality's vote but if you look he posted just 1 minute after Mole and his very next post was "lol ninja'd".
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Josh Lyman
Josh Lyman
Goon
Josh Lyman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by Josh Lyman »

Hi, all -- I'm here; not exactly lurking, had a couple things come up today. Tomorrow I won't be on until evening. I'll post a couple things then.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:30 pm

Post by molestargazer »

Crazy wrote:@Molestargazer/VPB: What is scummy about saying there is likely a cop in this setup, even if that is what Kise did?
I never claimed it was scummy. I was purely asking why he thought there might be a cop.

Nothing to say about Starbuck's huge post, apart from the fact that I agree the alliteration thing shouldn't be taken as aggressive at all. I don't know why that was blown out of proportion so much.

Josh - I look forward to seeing your response.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:42 am

Post by imaginality »

Starbuck wrote:Btw on Taranski, he did post and say that he's in the middle of buying a house.
Nope, that was me.

My gut is pointing to mole and Josh at the moment, and telling me to reread VP's posts. I want to have a better read on him than I do.

I am suspicious of how VP's comments about cop/lie detector were put under the spotlight. Seems to me it would have been more pro-town not to draw further attention to them. The mix of bemusement and annoyance in Kise's responses seems genuine to me.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Kise wrote:Ok, well then how about you two tell me what you think is going on?
My main point is that you're better served to scumhunt than worry whether or not we have a cop. I don't know what is going on at this point, nor do a I care.
Kise wrote:My main thing is showing you how it looks whenever you co-sign what Josh is saying, and also support/defend Kid a lot instead of letting him speak for himself.
I still would like you to point out where this potential buddying to Josh is considering I have said that I find him scummy and have asked him serveral questions. I can see where you are saying that I was defending KKN, but I felt your attacks were unfounded and hyperbolic, so I felt they needed to be defended.
skitzer wrote:And the discussion hasn't been much IMO, or I'm not seeing it.
Then you need to look harder.
skitzer wrote: In other news, my top pick for the post restriction is camn. Unless she's been listening to her NIN perpetually for five days
She has been studying for finals, remember?
skitzer wrote:That's how I post. I'm not sure I know how to post any other way.
Do you get lynched a lot for this? Because it just looks like active lurking and seems quite scummy. Can you link two games where you were town and two where you were scum.
Kise wrote:I felt like it needed to made more evident in case people missed it. I'm so townie! Yes! I'm not mafia!
Is this sarcastic?
Kise wrote:What is scummy about saying there is likely a cop in this setup, even if that is what Kise did?
Nothing inherently. Saying
for sure
that there is a cop would imply inside knowledge and thus would be scummy. Kise has clarified that this was not what he was doing, but that clarification would not have happened if mole had not asked. I think it was a fair question.
Starbuck wrote:Do you guys know what alliteration is?
Haha, I was going to say something, but I didn't want to sound rude...
Josh wrote:I'll post a couple things then.
This needs to happen as soon as you can. Lurking won't get you out of suspicion.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:13 am

Post by skitzer »

VP Baltar wrote:Do you get lynched a lot for this? Because it just looks like active lurking and seems quite scummy. Can you link two games where you were town and two where you were scum.
I usually don't do this the entirety of the game, and I think I'm doing it right now because I havent done an intense read to look closer.

For town:
MeatWorldish Mafia - Modded by ShadowLurker:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... start=1300
Mini 608 - Modded by XReyoX
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=

For scum:
Unorthodox Venture - Modded by zu_Faul
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 50&start=0
Triumvirate Mafia - Modded by MOS (it's abandoned but you can get the idea.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”