muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:15 am

Post by muzzz »

BloodCovenent wrote:Yea, I didn't call it a gladius. But I still got it.
No, I don't think you did. Cateraction was referring to the fact that Spartacus was a gladiator.

If you really did get that part, you'd have been expecting someone else to have the same info about Spartacus, making your attack on Pads completely bogus.
Most justified random vote ever:
"Vote: muzzz for making my girlfriend think you were me" - Rai
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:26 am

Post by Empking »

And so our heroes and villains saw fit to try and recreate one of those moments ingrained in humanities psyche that have made Kubrick famous.

Vote Count 3

Cateraction (2): Ortolan, Fishythefish
Muzzz (2) Ash, Infinis
Bloodcovenent (2): Cateraction, Muzzz
Ortolan (1): Skitzer,
Fishy (1): Archon
Archon (1): Lazurusmoth
Lazurusmoth (1): Spolium
Infinis (1): Pads
Not Voting (1): Bloodcovenent
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:37 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Can you explain that a little more? How would this make my attack on Pads bogus? I honestly thought he was lying, but now i don't. I'm sure he was given the name Spartacus, but then again, who wasn't? And frankly, we got this out kinda early, which is almost surprising, and maybe even good. Imagine if we were 20 pages in.
muzzz wrote:
BloodCovenent wrote:Yea, I didn't call it a gladius. But I still got it.
No, I don't think you did. Cateraction was referring to the fact that Spartacus was a gladiator.

If you really did get that part, you'd have been expecting someone else to have the same info about Spartacus, making your attack on Pads completely bogus.
Of course, the way it looks right now, is that everyone, or almost everyone was given the name Spartacus. But each one has a specific role under that. So claiming Spartacus right now, is actually, and probably was pointless from the beginning. the only one that i don't know about, is Spolium. Thus why i Originally voted for him.
Spolium wrote:
I am drinking a bottle of Frothy Moth right now, and it feels like my throat's come back from the dead. This is highly unlikely to be a coincidence.
Problem is, we were all given the name Spartacus. I don't know why, i guess it was just to confuse us or something. So, my suggestion... is that we disregard the whole Spartacus debate, on who really is. We probably all are. But one person i didn't get, was Spolium.Like, i have no idea what Spolium is talking about, it doesn't sound like something from a Gladiator movie. Does anyone else have any history or knowledge of other Kubrick films?
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:59 am

Post by muzzz »

BloodCovenent wrote:Can you explain that a little more? How would this make my attack on Pads bogus?
If you were aware that at least two people (you, cateraction) knew about Spartacus then you shouldn't have been surprised that a third person (pads) also knew.
cateraction
cateraction
Goon
cateraction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:00 am

Post by cateraction »

Is anyone not Spartacus?

Blood: Why would you assume we are all spartacus, I don't think everyone has posted. Do you have some knowledge of the setup that I don't?
Town - 3-1-0
Scum - 1-3-0
3rd Party - 1-0-0
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:05 am

Post by muzzz »

At this point, anyone not claiming Spartacus is either absent or a complete idiot.

Re. Frothy Moth - The only thing I could find was an actual moth. Nothing that seemed to be related to Kubrick (or even drinking or throats, for that matter).
cateraction
cateraction
Goon
cateraction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:51 am

Post by cateraction »

Why? As a town person who wasn't spartacus, I wouldn't claim. Townies shouldn't lie. I'm curious how this affects the game and so I'd like the information in.
Town - 3-1-0
Scum - 1-3-0
3rd Party - 1-0-0
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:05 am

Post by skitzer »

I'm also Spartacus...

What a clever way for someone to incorporate a movie into the game...lol.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:23 am

Post by muzzz »

@cateraction: because
if
anything can be learned from this scene, informed roles will be the most likely to pick it up. While we may have one or two of those on the town side, it's safe to assume that the scum are currently the most informed side. I'll be getting back to this, BTW.

Therefore, all townies should claim Spartacus to limit the amount of information that can be gained. And scum wouldn't want to stand out, either.
cateraction
cateraction
Goon
cateraction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:30 am

Post by cateraction »

I guess that's a good point.
Town - 3-1-0
Scum - 1-3-0
3rd Party - 1-0-0
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:51 am

Post by Spolium »

muzzz wrote:At this point, anyone not claiming Spartacus is either absent or a complete idiot. [..] all townies should claim Spartacus to limit the amount of information that can be gained. And scum wouldn't want to stand out, either.
QFT.
muzzz wrote:Re. Frothy Moth - The only thing I could find was an actual moth. Nothing that seemed to be related to Kubrick (or even drinking or throats, for that matter).

Throat coming back from the dead = Lazarus (this was a personal spin, as I smoked way too much the night before and Frothy Moth is pretty soothing).

If you'd prefer a Kubrick reference I could vote him because he's trying to steal my precious fluids, or because he tried to shut the pod bay doors, or because OH GOD EYES WIDE SHUT WAS FUCKING ABYSMAL - whatever floats your boat.

Incidently, I'm enjoying how the greatest mass claim in the history of film suddenly becoming an anti-mass claim in this game. Sweet irony!
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Fishythefish »

When I said I thought Blood and Ash very likely town, I meant Pads and Blood, the two spartacus claimants. However, I no longer believe this is a way to confirm people.
I strongly disagree all townies should claim spartacus. From the scum's pov, spartacus may well not exist (except, of course, that I am him). Spartacus is a likely protown role. So are his followers- ie. his fellow claimants. People with information about spartacus are likely to be protown. Everyone claiming spartacus negates this absolutely. I would strongly encourage any townie who does not have a good reason from claiming spartacus to refrain from doing so, or to withdraw their claim if they have claimed already.
lazurus posted immediately after the spartacus claim. I am surprised and suspicious at the lack of an immediate counterclaim here.
unvote, vote: lazurus
Infinis
Infinis
Goon
Infinis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:24 am

Post by Infinis »

muzzz wrote:At this point, anyone not claiming Spartacus is either absent or a complete idiot.

Re. Frothy Moth - The only thing I could find was an actual moth. Nothing that seemed to be related to Kubrick (or even drinking or throats, for that matter).
Or have a day job...on that note...I am Spartacus and
Unvote
Games Played: Mini 741, Newbie 764
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:47 am

Post by AshMC1984 »

unvote
Win / Loss record
Town: 2 / 0
Scum: 1 / 1
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:12 am

Post by Spolium »

Fishythefish wrote:I strongly disagree all townies should claim spartacus. From the scum's pov, spartacus may well not exist (except, of course, that I am him).

Spartacus is a likely protown role. So are his followers- ie. his fellow claimants. People with information about spartacus are likely to be protown. Everyone claiming spartacus negates this absolutely. I would strongly encourage any townie who does not have a good reason from claiming spartacus to refrain from doing so, or to withdraw their claim if they have claimed already.
You're essentially suggesting that the pool of targets be narrowed for scum. I fail to see the benefit in doing so, particularly when I'M SPARTACUS.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:34 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Spolium wrote:You're essentially suggesting that the pool of targets be narrowed for scum. I fail to see the benefit in doing so, particularly when I'M SPARTACUS.
It is not at all clear whether spartacus claimants make good or bad targets for the scum- we have no information about the role, or indeed existence, of spartacus, or of the role(s) of people with good (ie. role-related) reason to claim spartacus, and it is certainly not obvious that spartacus, if he does exist, will claim. I hardly see it helping the scum, unless they have some serious and unlikely information. On the other hand, it may well help townies to find out who is scum- since the spartacans would to some extent form an informed minority of townies. The scum could barely risk joining this minority, since if questioned it would become obvious that they didn't really know what was going on.

Right now, I suspect that every townie, and possibly even every scum as well, has an actual reason to claim Spartacus. However, if they don't, that is very interesting information and worth knowing. If there is a townie who was totally taken aback by Pads' claim, and who is not Spartacus, I for one want to know they exist. The small amount of extra information this gives the scum is more than made up for by the amound of extra information we gain from knowing the whole Spartacus affair means something.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by muzzz »

It's extremely likely that what you're asking is, in practice, the same as asking "If you got a different role PM than most of us, please let us know." What on earth could that possibly do for us, except potentially force a powerrole to claim?
lazarusmoth
lazarusmoth
Goon
lazarusmoth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by lazarusmoth »

Fishythefish wrote:I strongly disagree all townies should claim spartacus. From the scum's pov, spartacus may well not exist (except, of course, that I am him). Spartacus is a likely protown role. So are his followers- ie. his fellow claimants. People with information about spartacus are likely to be protown. Everyone claiming spartacus negates this absolutely. I would strongly encourage any townie who does not have a good reason from claiming spartacus to refrain from doing so, or to withdraw their claim if they have claimed already.

lazurus posted immediately after the spartacus claim. I am surprised and suspicious at the lack of an immediate counterclaim here.
unvote, vote: lazurus
I agree with the first paragraph, and I want to clear my name by saying I had very little time to post on that day. I read and responded to Archon's post as it was first in line and I had to split.

I think fishy's got something here though. I think ortolan's scum for:

1) Making a hesitant Spartacus claim in post 36
2)
Suddenly urging everyone else to claim Spartacus in post 44

Why'd you do that?
unvote, vote: ortolan
There are so many questions I'd like to ask, but we are left watching the checkered board. Our eyes pass over the symmetry. I wish it were possible to achieve such mimicry, to move our pieces in peace ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ my bishops to church, your wild horses to stable.
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:45 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

F the F - I am very surprised to hear that you meant Pads and not me in this statement:
Fishythefish wrote:From extra information via my role, I can say, with very good certainty indeed, that Ash and Blood are both town, for reasons which will probably be clear to them but not to the rest of the town. In the case of Ash, I am completely sure. Following this statement, I expect at least one if not both of them to be able to say the same about me.
The reasons for this will become clear in time. However, divulging them now would be anti-town.
Oh, and I really, really, really am Spartacus.
because there is something in there that 99% confirmed you for me. I thought it was a breadcrumb, but I guess it's possible that it was pure coincidence.

Question to all: Does anyone else see what I saw? If so and you can answer it correctly you will be confirmed in my mind. DO NOT COME OUT AND SAY IT. I want to save it for if someone claims to pick up the crumb - and later if pressed, can't produce the right answer, we will pretty much have confirmed scum.

So:
Who sees the perceived crumb (whether Fishy meant it or not)?
Win / Loss record
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

muzzz wrote:It's extremely likely that what you're asking is, in practice, the same as asking "If you got a different role PM than most of us, please let us know." What on earth could that possibly do for us, except potentially force a powerrole to claim?
Hmmmm. This is a tricky one, and needs discussion.

Temporarily, at least, everyone should claim Spartacus- since not claiming Spartacus is an irreversible move.

If there are a smallish number of Spartacus role pms, knowing who they are would be extremely useful and testable. On the other hand, if there are a large number the remaining roles should want to blend in. If there is anyone without a Spartacus pm, the first scenario is pretty likely. There is a clear benefit of knowing it, but a single non-Spartacan is a bit of an obvious night kill target. If there is a non-Spartacan who, for whatever reason, wouldn't mind too much if they got shot at, I'd say they should speak up.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:50 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

AshMC1984 wrote:F the F - I am very surprised to hear that you meant Pads and not me in this statement:
Fishythefish wrote:From extra information via my role, I can say, with very good certainty indeed, that Ash and Blood are both town, for reasons which will probably be clear to them but not to the rest of the town. In the case of Ash, I am completely sure. Following this statement, I expect at least one if not both of them to be able to say the same about me.
The reasons for this will become clear in time. However, divulging them now would be anti-town.
Oh, and I really, really, really am Spartacus.
because there is something in there that 99% confirmed you for me. I thought it was a breadcrumb, but I guess it's possible that it was pure coincidence.

Question to all: Does anyone else see what I saw? If so and you can answer it correctly you will be confirmed in my mind. DO NOT COME OUT AND SAY IT. I want to save it for if someone claims to pick up the crumb - and later if pressed, can't produce the right answer, we will pretty much have confirmed scum.

So:
Who sees the perceived crumb (whether Fishy meant it or not)?
This question should not be answered!

There is no intended crumb in there. If people see a crumb, then they likely have the same pm as Ash. That is not something I want the scum to know.
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:11 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

Good point. It's a double-edged sword really. :(
Win / Loss record
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:30 am

Post by muzzz »

Yeah. I already have strong suspicion that two specific players didn't get exactly the same information about Spartacus that I did. I'm currently thinking very, very hard about how much the scum be able to see.

I'm afraid we might have to force some claims today. We should probably try our best to avoid that.
Pads
Pads
Goon
Pads
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by Pads »

From extra information via my role, I can say, with very good certainty indeed, that
Pads
and Blood are both town, for reasons which will probably be clear to them but not to the rest of the town. In the case of Ash, I am completely sure. Following this statement, I expect at least one if not both of them to be able to say the same about me.
This is along the lines of what I was thinking. For people who posted after this post by Fishy, however, it's a bit muddier. Still, there were some reactions to the Spartacus claiming that struck me as unnatural. Ortolan's Post 36 and Cateraction's Post 41, complete with misspelling of the Role Name, specifically.

However, it seems unlikely that we'll be able to find scum solely by figuring out who is not Spartacus, but it's as good of a place to start as any.

unvote

vote: Lazarusmoth

'Not having much time to read and post' doesn't work for me when it was a single line claiming a role that he didn't claim in his first post after the claim, but then tried to claim later on the same page.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Pads wrote:
From extra information via my role, I can say, with very good certainty indeed, that
Pads
and Blood are both town, for reasons which will probably be clear to them but not to the rest of the town. In the case of Ash, I am completely sure. Following this statement, I expect at least one if not both of them to be able to say the same about me.
This is along the lines of what I was thinking. For people who posted after this post by Fishy, however, it's a bit muddier. Still, there were some reactions to the Spartacus claiming that struck me as unnatural. Ortolan's Post 36 and Cateraction's Post 41, complete with misspelling of the Role Name, specifically.

However, it seems unlikely that we'll be able to find scum solely by figuring out who is not Spartacus, but it's as good of a place to start as any.

unvote

vote: Lazarusmoth

'Not having much time to read and post' doesn't work for me when it was a single line claiming a role that he didn't claim in his first post after the claim, but then tried to claim later on the same page.
i share your concern with the claims of Spartacus by cater and orto, but i'm not sure if the misspelling really makes a difference. I'll also look into this thing with lazar. And i'll reread the thread tomorrow. and see what i can find.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”