Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by Pyromaniac »

Are you saying that you know that there is another doc? If you are saying this than saying it was a bad idea.
Naomi_Saotome
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Naomi_Saotome »

One thing is for sure, we need Naomi to talk more. Answer these questions, please:

1) What made you think it would be assumed that your role included a 1-shot cop?

2) When asked directly if your only ability was NK immune, why did you say yes when you are supposedly a 1-shot cop as well?

3) How many mafia games have you played?

4) Have you ever played a game that had a NK immune role, and did that person have a 1-shot cop ability? Please reference the game unless it is ongoing.
1- Trilby is the hero, main character who continues through the game... investigating and unraveling the entire storyline to find the culprit.

2-I was answering the first part of his question, not the question as a whole

3- Amished is correct here...
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by Amished »

Of course I don't know if there's another doc. I do think (based on the games) that the scum is pretty powerful, and to be relatively balanced the town would also need to be able to have some powerful roles. Also, any other protective role would almost certainly not know about the future reality shift and not realize how important I really am.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Naomi_Saotome
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by Naomi_Saotome »

I was also alerted to the fact that eventually the town will start to go insane, so to speak. To prevent the reality shift into probably a more "bastardized" version of the game probably favoring the evil faction more, I will need to give up some of my protections. In this regard, I view myself to be highly important, and if the scum have a roleblocker, I'm also hoping that we have another doc besides me, just in case. Since I have multiple protections at this point in the game, I can basically cover for another doc role so that if I get RB'd and targetted for a NK, I still wouldn't die. I'm almost always against directing a power role, but with the way the game looks to be set up to me, this is one case where I'm breaking that personal rule.
That makes me wonder if the shell might do something other then just kill Lamont....
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by Pyromaniac »

Naomi_Saotome wrote:1- Trilby is the hero, main character who continues through the game... investigating and unraveling the entire storyline to find the culprit.
Isn't it obvious that Trilby is our cop? Why would he be one-shot? If anything, he would be 4 shot.
Naomi_Saotome
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by Naomi_Saotome »

of course the mod wouldn't want to make this role too powerful... besides, he did say that this game would be slightly swayed... did he not?
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 6:15 pm

Post by Lamont_Cranston »

Unvote, Vote Naomi

ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 6:24 pm

Post by Amished »

Lamont, while you're here, I want to try to get your opinion on my claim. I know you can't talk directly, but here's what I propose so that we can still get your viewpoint on me at least.

If you don't believe it, could you unvote Naomi, Vote me, then since you feel Naomi is a better lynch, you could revote her.

If you do believe it, could you unvote Naomi, then revote her in the same post.

If you're not sure, could you unvote, I'll post just in case of a restriction that prevents you from posting more than twice in a row, then you can revote for Naomi.

If you don't want to or have left already, clearly you can just ignore it/not choose to vote/unvote/revote or anything.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 6:32 pm

Unvote

[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 6:35 pm

Post by Amished »

Ok, so since you just unvoted, here's my post allowing you to post and vote whoever you feel is worthy. (I also take it to mean that you're not sure, which is understandable).

No, my name is not "Ed."
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 6:39 pm

Vote Naomi

Devestation
Devestation
Goon
Devestation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 7:25 pm

Post by Devestation »

I don't think he can say anything other than voting...

I need to reread the latest set of pages.
I wrttoe htis sginautre wiht my elbwo.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 11:52 pm

Post by Setael »

Amished, do you have any other info/insights about the trilby clone? Any chance naomi is that clone?

That aside, knowing this is her first game makes it easier to believe her claim. If she isn't lynched today I think she should be replaced. There's a good reason for the "must first play a newbie game" rule. It tips the scales toward the scum to have one of our power roles totally inexperienced in a game this compex.

I think everyone should unvote naomi. At least let her get her 1-shot in tonight in case she's telling the truth. We can always disrgard it if she flips scum, but if she doesn't we stupidly wasted it. Also, I doubt she's our only investigative role.

Keeping my vote on steph.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:47 am

[/quote]
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:03 am

Post by populartajo »

Im sorry about my activity in all my games. V/LA until the 2nd.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:18 am

Post by Amished »

The clones only appeared in the final game of the series. They were made from the original Trilby to keep the welder inside where the manor stands. At the end of the game, when the main character of ... I think it was the 5 days game, but it happened I think around 2100 AD but anyways..

at the end of the game as many of them as were needed were created for the main character to explore the manor and save that character from the welder who killed one every new room you entered (and if you didn't have one the welder killed you and game over). I never thought about it before, but she could very well be a clone, what with her powers being weaker than I expected. Of course, there were literally hundreds of trilby clones in that game. I wouldn't *doubt* having somebody else also named trilby but perhaps with slightly different powers (many people being NK-proof seems a little over the top). But clearly I wouldn't know if there were more or not.

No, my name is not "Ed."
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:56 am

Post by The Replacement »

I'm at work, and will be until deadline passes, but I'll check here every so often over the next four hours. I still think Stephoscope is the best lynch. Anyone who posts and is not voting for either Stephoscope or Naomi_Saotome should clearly state their reasons why they are either not voting or are putting their vote somewhere else (which is essentially a vote for a No Lynch at this point).
Willing to replace into any non-mini game. Just shoot me a PM.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:16 am

Post by Amished »

This is going to sound stupid, but I actually breadcrumbed Doc too.

I forgot about it because I *never* breadcrumb. This is literally the first and only game that I've ever breadcrumbed my role. I probably won't again unless it's an odd/challenging setup either. I did it in my large post against Lamont (which is what reminded me, I was trying to think of how else to ask questions to get his opinions on the happenings, and what questions would be relevant).

My large case against Lamont was my own ISO 78, and in that post I comment on his ISO 78.
Amished wrote:78:
D
uplicates an earlier post that says giving the item to somebody is a total crap shoot.
O
h, and something else to mention, that might be worth noting if/when Lamont dies: lynching people is *almost* (key word here) guaranteed.
C
asting a hammer to lynch somebody always ends in the person's death in normal games; though since this isn't a normal game and I believe Lamont to be scum he also has knowledge that we have a reviving mechanic, or unlynchable or something.
My comments on this one are of slightly different tone (if anybody noticed) and it's because while it's still my opinion, I needed to contrive a way to spell out "DOC". Especially the last sentence was rather run-on for me, just due to the fact that I was out of letters, and I felt that spelling out Doctor over a very short post by LC would've been a bit too obvious.

No, my name is not "Ed."
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:38 am

Is no one here but myself and Amished? Does the town not care about having a no lynch happening on day one?
Nyx
Nyx
Goon
Nyx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:11 am

Post by Nyx »

The Replacement wrote:Is no one here but myself and Amished? Does the town not care about having a no lynch happening on day one?
Like I said before I don't believe in a Naomi vote. If that's so the only option I have left is Steph ? Well I do find it weird how she pursued lamont that alone isn't really going to convince me to vote for her.

So seriously besides the fact that you're trying to push us onto a bandwagon. Yes supposedly town doesn't care. Even though I have to agree that this situation is going to end bad if it's going to stay on No Lynch. So I'll have to go with the most scummiest person with the most votes.

Unvote, Vote Steph
[i]"I know nothing, I didn't see anything, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep. "[/i]
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:20 am

Would you suggest that I be pushing people to not vote? It's been a deadline situation, can you explain to me why it is scummy to be asking players to vote when a lynch is still not close?
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:59 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Vote Count

Stephoscope - 6 (The Replacement, Shadow Knight, Setael, Xtoxm, Amished, Nyx)
Naomi_Saotome - 6 (populartajo, Sironigous, Pyromaniac, Sajin, Stephoscope, Alabaska J, Lamont_Cranston)
Lamont_Cranston - 2 (hohum, Pablo Molinero)
Pablo Molinero - 1 (Naomi_Saotome)

10 to lynch. Deadline in 1 hour
Last edited by Knight of Cydonia on Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:06 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

What is scummy about steph?
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:32 am

Post by Amished »

I think there are 2 main points against him (Steph):

1) Lack of contribution/scumhunting. Take a quick look at him in ISO. He used the drink showing up as a distraction, and throughout the time we were all talking about the elixir he advocated for LC to take it, but did not really question other people's viewpoints or try to advance the game.

2) This also ties into #1, but is more specific. He took my possibility of a devil smiley being significant and being a restriction on scum only and used that to not really scumhunt either. While I'm still not convinced that the smiley *isn't* a restriction on LC (and that his new restriction due to the shell overrode/canceled out his old one) that's not the crux of my argument on LC.

There's kind of a 3, but it's almost directly implied in #1, and is the reason I don't mind voting for him. Lack of suspects. He's not posted a list nor gone into any detail about something he finds suspicious on his own. I find that to be a relatively common scumtell.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:01 am

Post by Setael »

I also find it odd that she zeroed in on lamont's hesitation to drink hohum's drink when others were even more vocally against it (namely devestation).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”