Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 8:37 am

Post by Amished »

I guess that clears that up.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 8:38 am

Post by Lamont_Cranston »

ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 8:42 am

Post by The Replacement »

It looks like he can vote, unvote, but not anything else.
Willing to replace into any non-mini game. Just shoot me a PM.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 8:43 am

Post by Amished »

Just what I was thinking.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 8:43 am

[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 8:47 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Vote Count

Stephoscope - 6 (The Replacement, Shadow Knight, Setael, Lamont_Cranston, Xtoxm, Amished)
Naomi_Saotome - 5 (populartajo, Sironigous, Pyromaniac, Sajin, Stephoscope, Alabaska J)
Lamont_Cranston - 2 (hohum, Pablo Molinero)
The Replacement - 1 (Nyx)
Pablo Molinero - 1 (Naomi_Saotome)

10 to lynch. Deadline in 24 hours and 15 minutes.

There will be no more vote counts for the next 2 hours. I'm going out for Chinese.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 8:48 am

The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 8:55 am

If this works and I start to have the same problem as Lamont_Cranston, not being able to post and all that, I want someone to take the shell from me. My reasons for asking that is that If I can't speak then I won't be able to confirm anything about the item. If in taking it from me you want me to take it back from you, please say so in your post where you take it from me and I promise to take it back from you after I am able to say what I learned or didn't learn about the item. If I did not feel that Lamont_Cranston is likely town, I would not do this.

Here goes...

Take shell
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 9:02 am

Post by Amished »

Unfortunately the mod is out for 2 hours.

Another thing: this does confirm that there can and will be posting restrictions in the game. Also, as I'm pretty sure Lamont now has to "argh" within a short period of dang near every post. To prevent the thread from being cluttered, I hope that if you decide to post you'll put the time into really posting something that you put a lot of thought into or view to be significant.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Sigh..You
really
shouldn't have claimed, Amished...There will almost certainly be some power among the scum that can screw with you, to avoid massclaiming/outing of power's being beneficial at the start of the game. If scum have a roleblocker they can completely negate you now...
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Amished »

I also prevent any pro-town roleblockers or anything else we may have from targetting me. I'm trying to work with a balance of my knowledge of the theme (innocents in the manor game locked trilby up, so I'm assuming a jailkeeper type role on our side) and of the game. I don't know of anything *in the games* that signals a scum role being a roleblocker.

With the evidence that there is/can/will be posting restrictions, as I'm not under any right now, this seemed like a good time to claim. The information gleaned from both "clearing" (and I use the term loosely as it is mafia) me, allowing a real Trilby to come out if Naomi is fake-claiming without revealing any powers they might have, or allowing the real Trilby (Naomi) to avoid a lynch is all beneficial. Really the only bad part is *if* they have some bad type of role, and if I'm killed or one of my targets is, then everyone also still has information from the night actions and allows other PR's that we probably have to know that they have that capability too.

That is why I felt it appropriate to claim.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 9:38 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Well, I am yet to see a game where a doctor being outed on D1 has been any kind of useful for town. (Other than averting a mislynch etc)
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 9:43 am

Post by Amished »

Well, if Naomi is Trilby (and with the confusing nature of her claim that could potentially lead to more votes on her) I feel that allowing a counter-claim (and if we don't get one) helps to avert a mislynch (even though it's not my own).

That and hopefully this game will allow you to see it being helpful, and I'll do my best to be useful.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 11:02 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Mmm... Kung Po Chicken.

22 hours to Deadline, by the way.
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 11:55 am

Apparently that didn't work.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by Pyromaniac »

Well if he can't give it away, it is not surprising that it can't be stolen.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by Pyromaniac »

1031 and 1038 directly contradict. Anyone not voting Naomi should explain how this is not a dead giveaway that the claim is false.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 3:36 pm

Post by Amished »

Personally, I know that this is Naomi's first and only game (this is her first ever, as I introduced her to the concept of playing forum mafia, and she hasn't played Face-2-Face either AFAIK).

The way I read the situation is that she took role characteristics (NK-immune) and abilities (1-shot cop) to be separate from each other and only revealing the former and not the latter.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by Setael »

The only thing I can think of is she's SO new that she really did think NK immune might always be a 1-shot cop..... ?

Anyone have any insight on Naomi's history? Is this her first game beyond newbie games?

Even if that was the case, it still doesn't explain her saying basically "Oh, you thought Trilby would have a cop ability. Well, yeah, I know I said I was NK immune and nothing else but I actually do have a cop ability."

Also, I doubt that both Amished and Naomi's claims are true. 2 unNKable roles are unlikely- too town powered. Obviously, unNKable is the ideal scum claim since it explains why their power role isn't being offed by scum night after night... I think one of them is lying. Trilby very well could have been given to scum as a safe claim. with all the items and the mod wanting us to think etc. etc. I really doubt there will be no funny business with the names.

My only hesitation is the exact reason why it's smart for scum to claim something like this, if Naomi is scum. On the off chance that she really is a NK immune 1-shot cop, I'm not willing to risk it. Maybe she's just new enough to not realize how upfront power roles need to be with claims, and she didn't understand her role well enough to fully claim. That's all I'm coming up with.

As an aside, if you are town Naomi you really sucked it up with this claim. In the future, claim fully once you are one vote away from being lynched. If you are scum, then my bet is you were given Trilby as a fake claim. Sounds stacked against the town, but yet supposedly we have a super overpowered doc so I guess it's evened out.

One thing is for sure, we need Naomi to talk more. Answer these questions, please:

1) What made you think it would be assumed that your role included a 1-shot cop?

2) When asked directly if your only ability was NK immune, why did you say yes when you are supposedly a 1-shot cop as well?

3) How many mafia games have you played?

4) Have you ever played a game that had a NK immune role, and did that person have a 1-shot cop ability? Please reference the game unless it is ongoing.

Amished, I have a question for you, too. When you first claimed, why didn't you mention that your role enables you to avoid being blocked by town power roles? the way you tacked it on after really made it sound like you made it up...

Also, I feel that the town should have a say in your night action in order to at least attempt to confirm your claim. Assuming no other Trilby claims, and if Naomi is not lynched today, my vote would be for you to protect her so she can get her 1-shot in. If you are unsuccessful, we'll know that either you were lying or the mafia stopped you somehow.

I'm sticking with my steph vote for now just in case the weirdness of naomi's claim is due solely to newbness. And frankly, though I really don't want a D1 no lynch, I'm less worried about it in this game than I would be in other games where we don't have items taking out players at a steady pace.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by Setael »

Simulpost.

How can this be her first and only game? Isn't it REQUIRED to be in a newbie game first here?

Doesn't explain her posts if she thought characteristics and abilities were separate. doesn't explain her statement that she thought it would be assumed that she'd be a 1-shot cop.
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 4:03 pm

Amished should not say who he is protecting, in my opinion he should list 2 to 4 likely targets that he will choose one from on his own and protect that person. If he just says he is protecting one person than scum know to avoid, but if he lists a small group of people than scum will likely have to avoid all of them for the night kill unless they want to risk not having one.

Also I didn't read it as his role can't be blocked by town power roles, but the fact that he has claimed would make it so that a pro-town roleblocker/jailer/etc would not target him, thus his claiming is what avoids a pro town blocking rather than his actual role.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 4:08 pm

Post by Pyromaniac »

Also amished, flavor?
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by Amished »

@Set: I don't have the ability to be unblockable. I just hoped that claiming (not particularly necessarily) would allow me to not be role-blocked by the rest of the town where I believe the blockers (if any) would be. I fully intended one of my protections to go to Naomi if there is no CC on her, and clearly one of mine would go to myself. That's not a problem at all. I will also say that I have at least one more protection, which I would prefer to keep to myself to try to thwart the scum if they go after others.

Apparently KoC didn't check to see if the players were in one game before, or assumed that Naomi was an alt. I thought she was in a Newbie game simultaneously with this one, but if you go to her profile and find all of her game posts, they're all in this game.

*crossposted with TR and Pyro*

TR, you nailed it, but even listing anybody further that I'd want to protect leaves them wide open to nail somebody that I didn't mention. I could lie and say I had protected other people on my list, but I don't intend to lie at all.

@Pyro: I'm Jonathon Somerset AKA the Gatekeeper. Along with Trilby, I'm one of the main guiding factors throughout the games. In the game, I'm more a prisoner of fate, having delivered myself a weapon to commit suicide so that I could basically become a ghost and travel through time to make sure that everything happened the way it was necessary so that Chzo didn't come to our world. This basically means that in the game, I arranged for a Trilby clone (debatable on whether it was the real one or not) to be taken by Chzo to save the rest of the world by keeping the God of Pain (Chzo) in the spiritual world (what happened in the last game).

The story becomes heavily convoluted when my character appears in the space game (6 days a sacrifice if I remember correctly, but it's the 3rd game).

I was also alerted to the fact that eventually the town will start to go insane, so to speak. To prevent the reality shift into probably a more "bastardized" version of the game probably favoring the evil faction more, I will need to give up some of my protections. In this regard, I view myself to be highly important, and if the scum have a roleblocker, I'm also hoping that we have another doc besides me, just in case. Since I have multiple protections at this point in the game, I can basically cover for another doc role so that if I get RB'd and targetted for a NK, I still wouldn't die. I'm almost always against directing a power role, but with the way the game looks to be set up to me, this is one case where I'm breaking that personal rule.

@Hohum/everybody: When hohum became confirmed innocent I wanted to ask him if he had flavor of somebody in game, or just a vanilla innocent pm. I held back as obviously that would've tipped off that I wasn't vanilla, and probably would've come under flak for that and not being able to prevent a mislynch on Naomi that it looks like so far.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Pyromaniac »

I doubt we would have another doc if we do have a multiple protection doc.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by Amished »

How often do you know of that a Doc outs himself D1 to be able to work with another doc if one exists?

No, my name is not "Ed."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”