Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by Kise »

I'll chill for now. For all we know, Taranski could be mafia and, by not saying anything, he gives us no reason to suspect him, so we're tearing into each other.

How odd would it be if the mafia kept getting replaced in a game while the townies killed each other off?
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by camn »

That is why all lurkers must die.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by Kise »

Meh.. what the hell..

Vote: Taranski
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by camn »

Yay! Lurkerwagon Ho!

Unvote,
Vote Taranski!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 8:48 pm

Post by imaginality »

Man. I don't know if it's down to personalities or roles, but I've found the first few pages here to be a weird read. Most everyone seems kinda... edgy and suspicious. Moreso than normal. It gives me the feeling of being in a room with caffeinated paranoiacs.

Anyhow.

mole's answering for Kise in post 76 rubs me the wrong way slightly.
Josh's posts also: it's logic but not as we know it.
And VP's reason in post 83 for not answering Q4 seems over-cautious.

Kise I'm okay with at the moment.
Platypus_Dude wrote:
Imaginality wrote:Vote: molestargazer lurking.
Ironic much? Also, what is your stance on lurking?
I'm a rock paper scissors player. Irony is the spice of life.

I think most town lurkers I've encountered seem to lurk intermittently as offline stuff waxes and wanes, more so than continuously. So I'm not too worried about lurking this early on day 1, at least if the game's not stalling because of it. If it gets later on in the day and someone has continued not to contribute then I find that more suspicious.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 2:56 am

Post by molestargazer »

Right, FINALLY I have time to have another quick read.
Kise wrote:why defend a possible scum player, unless you both aren't townie
I understand where you're coming from. I do, however, think there's nothing wrong with defending a player you believe to be pro-town - as long as they answer for themselves FIRST.
Kise wrote:Honestly, and no disrespect, but.. I think answering this is irrelevant for a townie player to know...
I disagree. I think it's a question that can be helpful. People won't disregard your opinions because of your potential lack of experience - denying good logic on the grounds of meta is scummy, and just reeks of trying to avoid said logic in the first place.
Josh Lyman wrote:Since you seem to be searching for whether town will lie to you, it seems that you aren't town, and it pings my scumdar. A lot.
What? Finding out if people might lie is an anti-town action? How does this make him not town?

Reading VPB as very pro-town so far.
Josh Lyman wrote:I read your explanation, but I don't like it.
Are you implying that his refusal to answer the question re:experience is a scummy action? Just asking, not sure what you're meaning here.
Kise wrote:And I could also give cop/lie detector something to work with.
Why do you assume we HAVE a cop?
Josh Lyman wrote:It might lead to a Townie tripping themselves up upon answering it, and trying to not tell the truth in order to answer a supposed hypothetical. Since scum knows who's town and who isn't, if the Townie being questioned claimed scum* it would show that Townie as lying.
I don't like how you're saying that Kise's question is scummy because of the remote possibility of this very unlikely chain of events unfolding. Townies have no reason to lie, and they're unlikely to slip either. I don't think this combined with Re:Experience is a valid reason to pursue Kise.

On to P5.
Josh Lyman wrote: Five pages and you can't find any discussion?

I hate lurkers.

Unvote, Vote skitzer
I'm sure you could've found some more lurky people. At this point, I have posted less. So has imaginality. More people probably have that I've forgotten. Why Skitzer in particular?
Kise wrote:And back on the topic of teamwork, (and I'm not going to FoS anybody, but) VP, Josh & Kid have not been suspecting of each other at all. Guys, I just want to point out how this looks like you're watching each other's back and acting as if you 3 can trust each other as being on the same side.
Could you please elaborate on this, and give us a coupla examples? I'm struggling to see how no suspicion of could = scumbuddies.

For now,
Unvote
Vote: Josh Lyman

I don't like your reasons for finding Kise scummy. IMO, they aren't scumtells. Almost seems like jumping onto the bandwagon of questioning him at the time.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 7:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Kise, regarding the number of scum, I've seen 2, 3, and 4 in minis, so there is really no standard number to be looking for. More than four would be excessive, but there could be any number of those and perhaps even a third-party thrown in the mix...it's pretty much going to be impossible to tell on D1.
Kise wrote:And back on the topic of teamwork, (and I'm not going to FoS anybody, but) VP, Josh & Kid have not been suspecting of each other at all. Guys, I just want to point out how this looks like you're watching each other's back and acting as if you 3 can trust each other as being on the same side.
I think KKN's supposed "contradiction" was pretty innocuous. I felt your attack on him for it was actually more suspicious, hence the questioning. I also haven't really questioned imaginality, molestargazer, PD, Crazy, etc., does that mean I'm buddies with them as well?

And regarding Lyman:
VP wrote:I support Josh Lyman and/or skitzer hate.
How exactly am I buddying with him as you claim?

Also:
Kise wrote:Now VP asks Josh if he's serious about a vote on me, essentially treating Josh like you guys are buddied up on D1.
How is my question treating him like we are buddied? It was a serious question because he placed his vote on you, which seemed serious, and then later said that he was getting ready to leave the RVS...so I wanted to know if his vote on you was serious or not.
Btw, Josh, why did you not answer my question?
molestargazer wrote:Why do you assume we HAVE a cop?
QFT.
camn wrote:Yay! Lurkerwagon Ho!
This is pretty weak. Taranski needs to be replaced at this point and we can look other places until that happens. Camn, you seem to be hanging out in the background this game and not stating many opinions. Why is that?

Imaginality, I know we're all highly paranoid, but if you were going to cast a serious vote at this point, who would it be for and why?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 7:38 am

Post by camn »

VP Baltar wrote:
camn wrote:Yay! Lurkerwagon Ho!
This is pretty weak. Taranski needs to be replaced at this point and we can look other places until that happens. Camn, you seem to be hanging out in the background this game and not stating many opinions. Why is that?
See my sig.
No worries, though.. I will bring the pain once this week is over!

Plus, I am historically weak on D1. It takes me a while to get a read on people.
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 8:10 am

Post by Stef »

Looks like a nice, quiet day. Where is everybody? Hmm...

The votes so far:

VP Baltar - (0)
Starbuck - (0)
camn - (0)
imaginality - (0)
skitzer - VP Baltar. Josh Lyman (2)
Kid Know Nothing - (0)
Josh Lyman - Platypus_Dude, molestargazer (2)
Platypus_Dude - (0)
Crazy - (0)
molestargazer - imaginality, Crazy (2)
Kise - (0)
Taranski - Kise, Camn (2)

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lobotomize

Checking to see if any other prods are needed.
The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 8:11 am

Post by VP Baltar »

camn wrote:See my sig.
Sorry. Perhaps I should use my eyes upon occasion. Best of luck on your exams.
YOUR AD HERE

Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 8:17 am

Post by Stef »

Everybody, except the prodded Taranski, has posted in the last 72 hours (everybody except him has actually posted in the last 48).

Keep the activity level high and everything will be ok.

Taranski has another two days to post before I'll start seeking a replacement.

That would be all

The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 9:30 am

Post by Kise »

VP Baltar wrote:
QFT.
Because.. well.. :roll: It's a 12-person mafia game.. and cops are, you know.. in pretty much all of these.. :? QFT, huh?

OH, or did you guys want to know if I'm roleclaiming as cop? No, I'm not but if people start acting suspicious, they should be investigated. Tis all I'm saying.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 9:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In your past experience with 12-player games is there always a cop Kise?
YOUR AD HERE

Kid Know Nothing
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Kid Know Nothing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Kid Know Nothing »

Kise wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:
QFT.
Because.. well.. :roll: It's a 12-person mafia game.. and cops are, you know.. in pretty much all of these.. :? QFT, huh?

OH, or did you guys want to know if I'm roleclaiming as cop? No, I'm not but if people start acting suspicious, they should be investigated. Tis all I'm saying.
In this post, out-guessing the mod.

I am going to re-read and get my thoughts out in a little bit, getting a little busy with applying for College classes right now.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 10:16 am

Post by camn »

Kise wrote: Because.. well.. :roll: It's a 12-person mafia game.. and cops are, you know.. in pretty much all of these.. :? QFT, huh?
Hahahaha!
We are in a mental institution!

But flavor aside . . Kise is new here, so he might not know... but MS.NET mods have had a HUGE anti-cop meta for a while now...
(correct me if Im wrong everyone, this is IMHO!)

I rarely see cops here, and I can't even remember a time that we had one that wasn't crippled somehow, be it sanity, or millers, or what have you..... so..The follow-the-cop meta is almost totally broken here, these days..!

Just FYI.

But your initial statements are just as true for trackers, watchers, roleblockers, etc... so I support it. Attack=good. Reactions=good. Info=good. LynchingLurkers=Good.

Though, for clarity.. Kise.. at your OLD home are you saying there were often cops?
If so , how often were they sane, or otherwise gave reliable results?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 10:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Camn, why the need to jump in there and mediate? Wouldn't my question about cop levels where he played mafia before have answered those suspicions? Getting an unskewed answer directly from him would have cleared things up a lot.

Also, Kise, can you address the points I raised in post 131.
YOUR AD HERE

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 10:39 am

Post by camn »

Sry.

I was skimming.

/camn hides in corner in shame...
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 2:11 pm

Post by Platypus_Dude »

VP Baltar wrote:It's more fun and will move us out of the RVS sooner. Any reason not to?
Nope, I'm just trying to get a sense of people's playstyle.
camn wrote:MS.NET mods have had a HUGE anti-cop meta for a while now
Really? Of all the forum mafia games I've played (including other sites), I only remember two without a cop. I don't remember much of any crippling either. I sort of expected a cop to be in this one; most likely because I'm used to it.
molestargazer wrote:Reading VPB as very pro-town so far.
What in particular so far could give you a 'very pro-town' reading of him?
"Platypus_Dude: I thought you played well throughout." - Incognito
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by Crazy »

Eh, this is too much to read for right now. I'll post here either tonight or tomorrow.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by camn »

Platypus_Dude wrote:
camn wrote:MS.NET mods have had a HUGE anti-cop meta for a while now
Really? Of all the forum mafia games I've played (including other sites), I only remember two without a cop. I don't remember much of any crippling either. I sort of expected a cop to be in this one; most likely because I'm used to it.
Meh.
Maybe its just the games I have been in!
Other places, sure.. here? no.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by Crazy »

And it will be tonight...

First of all, "lurking" like Taranski is not scummy. He likely forgot the thread or disappeared off site or something. Real lurkers do post
some

Kise's vote on Taranski after camn mentioned it is bad... but camn only voting Taranski after Kise did (despite wanting to) is very scummy.

Unvote
Vote camn

As for the Josh wagon, well, yeah, his logic sucks. He's certainly another one of my suspects, though I'm sure you all knew that already.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by camn »

What is so scummy about it?

I have a MONSTER meta-base of hating all lurkers. If I see a lurkerwagon... I jump on!
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by Crazy »

camn wrote:What is so scummy about it?

I have a MONSTER meta-base of hating all lurkers. If I see a lurkerwagon... I jump on!
That's fine... but you didn't vote Taranski until Kise did...
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by Kise »

VP Baltar wrote:In your past experience with 12-player games is there always a cop Kise?
Dude... :roll:

Ok, why is everyone DEFINITE that there are NO cops in this game? It's not like I said there was definitely one... All I said was that I wanted us to get into some heavy discussion so that a possible cop or lie detector could investigate.

Nowhere did I even say a cop was definitely here, but it's really ignorant (as in ignoring) to dispel any possibility of a cop being in this game. Again, I did not say it was definite, but a few of you are acting as if it's impossible for a cop to appear... WTF?

Unless... you are trying to finagle me into admitting I'm a cop.. The answer to that is no.

See, it still seems like I'm being lined up for a night kill. And since when did this turn into an episode of Dr. Phil?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun May 31, 2009 6:01 pm

Post by camn »

Kise wrote:See, it still seems like I'm being lined up for a night kill.
What does this mean?
I don't get it...
Are you saying that scum might somehow try to manipulate public opinion into deciding who they want to kill?
Or are you saying that Townies have a reason to drive the nightkill towards someone??
??

@ Crazy.. TBH, I am a little behind, and I hadn't taken a proper lurker-inventory. But no worries.. I will find all the scum later this week! :)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”