Devestation
Devestation
Goon
Devestation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 12:58 am

Post by Devestation »

We don't have anything like the votes needed to be close to a lynch, and Lamont will probably die at the end of the day anyway :(
I wrttoe htis sginautre wiht my elbwo.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 3:09 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Isn't it only burning his hands?
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Naomi_Saotome
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 4:16 am

Post by Naomi_Saotome »

For now... I think its safe to assume that it's going to get worse.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 4:20 am

Post by Xtoxm »

That sounds like the type of stupid question i've seen Zwet make as scum.. :roll:

But yeh, apart from the fact I don't think he's a good lynch anyway, based on that alone we shouldn't be lynching him.

I hadn't realised we were this close to deadline, we really need to get something together.

Naomi is the only current wagon I feel happy with atm.

There are some others I can support - Amished seems to have disappeared, and I wasn't liking what he was saying about the items.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Naomi_Saotome
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 4:51 am

Post by Naomi_Saotome »

In post 771 Amished stated he has summer activities
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 4:52 am

Xtoxm wrote:That sounds like the type of stupid question i've seen Zwet make as scum.. :roll:

But yeh, apart from the fact I don't think he's a good lynch anyway, based on that alone we shouldn't be lynching him.

I hadn't realised we were this close to deadline, we really need to get something together.

Naomi is the only current wagon I feel happy with atm.

There are some others I can support - Amished seems to have disappeared, and I wasn't liking what he was saying about the items.
How the hell is it a stupid question?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 5:18 am

Post by Setael »

Finished the thread. I think Lamont is town. None of the arguments against him hold any weight imo, especially the devil sign thing. It's weird that Stephoscope won't just agree to drop it and start scum hunting, in which case Lamont said he wouldn't use it anymore. Also, in my experience, scum is careful not to say things like “If I didn't know you were town (even before it was revealed by the Mod)” - draws too much negative attention.

Devestation is my #1 scum candidate, with Stephoscope #2. Pretty sure they're scum buddies.

Devestation's Lamont vote looks really opportunistic (727), just hiding behind hohum's attack and jumping on the wagon. Then, with his vote still on lamont, he makes the following post:
Devestation wrote:Okay judging by your information about the shell on this page Lamont I would say that you've gone and picked up a timebomb (sulphur was used in early chinese explosives) and it's going to explode and kill you soonish unless you give it away, thereby exploding and killing the recipient. But no pressure :P
If Devestation really thinks lamont is scum and is voting him, why does he 1) believe what lamont is saying about the shell and 2) think he should give it away?

He then unvoted, not because he doesn't think he's scum (supposedly) but because he believes what lamont's saying about the shell and believes it's going to kill him anyway, so it's a wasted vote.

Seems to me that Devestation never thought lamont was scum. He knows he's town and therefore knows he's telling the truth about the shell. My guess is he unvoted to get off a townie wagon in order to avoid future suspicion.

As for Stephoscope, he's playing with the kind of self-awareness usually seen only in scum. He's very careful of what he says, and has made statements like:
stephoscope wrote:I made sure to credit Amished for the catch.
stephoscope wrote:if I were trying to get away with something, I would not have announced it and then have suspicions such as yours come up.
I think they're scum buddies due to stephoscope's attack of lamont's reaction to the drink and totally ignoring devestation's much more blatant desire to not drink it.
stephoscope wrote:Well, let the record show you're absolutely terrified of that drink.
stephoscope wrote:But I would still support forcing it on terrified Lamont, with majority's approval
... and yet says nothing about Devestation even though he has said:
Devestation (several different posts) wrote:because of my hard line anti use thingy. Didnt yo mamma ever tell you to not drink anything that someone else gave to you... nobody knows what the mod mightve put in there :P

and besides, at last check I didn't think it was the best idea to consume the thing AT ALL.

Let me put it this way, Amished. If hohum got a Devestation on the random result, you'd have to tie me down before I'd drink it.

Anyone who uses or suggests the use of any items on anyone, regardless of their scumminess or method of selection, is making themselves look scummy in mye eyes.

I'm a hardline conservative, Lamont. If I don't know what it does, I won't touch it :P

To be honest, I don't want to even get one of those items in the first place.
Really suspicious that Steph never confronted devestation, considering her reaction to lamont's statement about not wanting to drink it.

In fact, she totally ignores him the entire game. The only time she says anything about or to him is this:
stephoscope wrote:The mod is away, and we haven't yet heard from the backup mod.

I agree we should be careful with voting until we understand what the drink did. I for one will not be casting any vote until we find out what the effects were, or when it becomes very clear that we're not going to.
I think they're avoiding each other because they're scum buddies. Distancing and what not.

vote: Devestation

I'm certainly also willing to vote Steph, but I'd rather shine a spotlight on Devestation.

I know the deadline is looming, but I think both the main wagons right now are townies. Devestation or Stephoscope should be today's lynch.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 5:35 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Vote Count

Lamont_Cranston - 6 (Sajin, hohum, Amished, Pablo Molinero, Devestation, Stephoscope)
Naomi_Saotome - 4 (Xtoxm, populartajo, Sironigous, Pyromaniac)
Pablo Molinero - 2 (Lamont_Cranston, Naomi_Saotome)
Stephoscope - 1 (The Replacement)
Devestation - 1 (Setael)

Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 6:13 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

@Setael- How did you read Devestation as scum? I just reread him in iso and got nothing but townie vibes.

I haven't gotten a strong scum read on anyone yet, but that's mainly due to the fact that all the talk has been about items and as someone pointed out, each item is mainly a WIFOM discussion trigger.
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Town/Mafia/SK/Cult/Oth 5/3/1/0/0
Win/Loss/Draw/Abandoned 4/1/0/1
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 6:14 am

Post by Setael »

I'm guessing you just looked at my vote without reading my post. I think I was clear with my reasoning.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 6:15 am

How many votes to lynch?
The Replacement
The Replacement
Townie
The Replacement
Townie
Townie

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 6:20 am

Post by The Replacement »

Ten votes to lynch.

Lamont_Cranston is not the lynch I support for the day.
Willing to replace into any non-mini game. Just shoot me a PM.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 6:23 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Setael wrote:Finished the thread. I think Lamont is town. None of the arguments against him hold any weight imo, especially the devil sign thing. It's weird that Stephoscope won't just agree to drop it and start scum hunting, in which case Lamont said he wouldn't use it anymore.
No, it's not "weird". The easy thing to do would be for Lamont to promise not to use it any more. I thought there was just an off chance the devil sign meant anything, but he first ignored my remarks twice, and now he seemingly feels he is in a position to negotiate. He is not. I will not make an agreement about "real scumhunting", which we all know is arbitrary, and have him try and disparage my efforts so that he can go and use his devil sign again. It's him who's being unreasonable here, not me.
Setael wrote:I think they're scum buddies due to stephoscope's attack of lamont's reaction to the drink and totally ignoring devestation's much more blatant desire to not drink it.
*snip*
Really suspicious that Steph never confronted devestation, considering her reaction to lamont's statement about not wanting to drink it.

In fact, she totally ignores him the entire game. The only time she says anything about or to him is this:
stephoscope wrote:The mod is away, and we haven't yet heard from the backup mod.

I agree we should be careful with voting until we understand what the drink did. I for one will not be casting any vote until we find out what the effects were, or when it becomes very clear that we're not going to.
I think they're avoiding each other because they're scum buddies. Distancing and what not.

vote: Devestation

I'm certainly also willing to vote Steph, but I'd rather shine a spotlight on Devestation.

I know the deadline is looming, but I think both the main wagons right now are townies. Devestation or Stephoscope should be today's lynch.
Lamont has been the most vocal player in this game, and I was quite clear on multiple occasions why I wanted the drink to be consumed, and I hoped Lamont could consume it. I am sure there are numerous players who didn't want the drink to be used, and I am also sure there are quite a number of players whom I haven't said anything about. And, for what it's worth, I don't have any scumbuddies. I think you're really stretching here.
Naomi_Saotome
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 6:46 am

Post by Naomi_Saotome »

Steph, you're grasping at straws demanding that he promise not to use it... even if he did promise not to use it, doesn't mean that he actually will do it. I don't see why you're making such a big deal over it, since he agreed not to use it, on 2 conditions... which you wouldn't agree to either... It sounds to me that you want it both ways...
You want him to stop using it so that no longer have a reason to suspect him, and you want him to use the sign, so that it looks obvious that he's scum.

You've been suspicious of him from the early stages of this game, and I can see your reasoning behind some of them, but I don't see the logic in the devil smiley...
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 6:50 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Naomi_Saotome wrote:It sounds to me that you want it both ways...
You want him to stop using it so that no longer have a reason to suspect him, and you want him to use the sign, so that it looks obvious that he's scum.
This makes no sense. If he's town, I want him to promise not to use the devil sign, so I can look past that (with the understanding we should lynch him if he goes back on his word). If I won't make such a promise (without trying to turn it against me by making me promise arbitrary things), I can only assume he is scum, in which case I want him lynched.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 6:51 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Naomi_Saotome wrote:You've been suspicious of him from the early stages of this game
This isn't really true. In the early stages of the game, I quickly recognized he was the most vocal player and treated him accordingly, but I didn't have reasons to be overly suspicious.
Shadow Knight
Shadow Knight
Goon
Shadow Knight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 7:29 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

No, I read your post, I just disagree with it, especially the capper of your case, the link between steph and devastation based on the lack of a link.

After reading through the whole devil sign debate debacle, I'm ready to lynch either Lamont or Steph, but its mainly an annoyance with both of them for distracting the town until deadline with a bunch of bullshit about promising stupid things. Steph looks bad because he pulled a post restriction out of his ass based on some other game and assumed Lamont had it based on him using a certain smilie twice. Lamont looks bad because he can't simply act townie and comply with a simple request to not use the damn smilie any more, and the whole thing looks like two toddlers throwing temper tantrums.

The odds of Lamont having a posting restriction which marks him as scum is so unlikely that it could fuel the starship Heart of Gold. If he did have such a PR, he could easily have hidden it or even claimed a stricter restriction in which he has to use smilies in every post and he could just hide the damn devil smilie in amongst them.

Because this speculation did nothing but derail the town's efforts to find scum, I'm considering it an anti-town act and I'm voting accordingly, although Lamont is rather high on my scum list for perpetuating the insanity.

vote Stephoscope
Show
House of Mirrors- Dead
Werewolves of MH- Dead
MKM II- Dead
Wheel of Time- Dead
Fantasy- Coney Island

Town/Mafia/SK/Cult/Oth 5/3/1/0/0
Win/Loss/Draw/Abandoned 4/1/0/1
Naomi_Saotome
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 7:34 am

Post by Naomi_Saotome »

correct me if I'm wrong... but this was your 3rd post of the game, since you replaced.... Second if you don't count the confirmation post...
Stephoscope wrote:
hohum wrote:If you had the opportunity to pick a recpient now, who would it be and why?
I say give it to Lamont. He's been posting a lot and seems to want to control the game, so it'll be good to throw a wrench into things to try and determine if he's town or if he has scumbuddies.
I did not say you were overly suspicious... jut that you were early in the game
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 11:40 am

Post by Lamont_Cranston »

I just got another PM. I am now writhing on the ground screaming in pain.

Set's argument does look stronger on stepho & now that I think of it, Replace did briefly mention the "covering tracks" angle.

I know am now willing to admit that Stepho could be scum here.

Two other BW choices in my book:

1) Pablo -- Rolefishing & having "fun" with the elixir.
2) Nueva Vida -- Semi-lurking i.e. no post content

ARRRGH!
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

We have barely over a day left, we
need
to get something together quickly. And it should
not
be Lamont, as he is almost certainly going to die regardless, and it would thus be equivalent to a no lynch.

MOD: Please massprod everyone for the upcoming deadline
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 12:04 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I expect everyone who is not voting, or voting for Lamont, to do something with their vote in their next post, please.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Even if Lamont doesn't die, it's worth finding out what this shell does. Although the chance of him dying is enough on itself.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by populartajo »

Im here, sorry Im neglecting this game. I did a quick skim but bad news is that I have to go out now. Ill reread tomorrow.

For now, I agree with Xtoxm and some others: Lammont is not the lynch of the day. My gut tells me that he is active townie.

Im still happy with my vote. I will post tomorrow my other suspects.

Even better, mod, deadline extension, please (amount of replacements and such)
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Well that's besides the point. And my comment was more directed at the people who want him lynched.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sat May 30, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by Lamont_Cranston »

Btw, I have already stated that I am not happy with the Naomi vote. I consider it anti-town as I see her as inexperienced village.

ARRRGH!
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”