The Apprentice: MafiaScum - Someone Hired!

Who would you rather work for?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:17 pm

Donald Trump
32%
ShadowLurker
68%
Blackberry
No votes

Total votes: 207

crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 8:46 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

That was so close.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 8:52 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Task 8 Boardroom

To be honest, I feel this was an upset as I think some of the strongest player's in the game were all put on this team.

iamausername
, in retrospect, do you think you made the right delegations? Who should I fire?

JDodge
, why did you lose to dahill1? Was chess a bad decision to assign you on? Who should I fire?

Porochaz
, why did you lose to crywolf20084? Was chinese checkers a bad decision to assign you on? Who should I fire?

+
, congrats on winning your task. Do you believe iamausername made good decisions in assigning games? Who should I fire?

This will be a very tough Boardroom as you have each proved your merits in weeks prior.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 10:38 am

Post by iamausername »

ShadowLurker wrote:
iamausername
, in retrospect, do you think you made the right delegations?
I do think I made the right delegations, given the information available to me. I'll just explain my thought processes for why I made the choices that I did:

I know I'm a pretty weak chess player, so I wasn't going to put myself in for that. I looked through the rest of the team's post histories, and found that JDodge has played a couple of chess games on the forum, and I figured that anyone who's interested enough in the game to be playing it on MS must have at least some skill. I didn't find any reason to believe that either of the other two would be better, so JDodge got chess.

I knew I was either going to assign either myself or + to Quadradius, since he played in the QR tournament, and I know I'm pretty good at the game. That left either Ultimate Bullseye or Chinese Checkers for Porochaz, and since I knew he had limited time available, Ultimate Bullseye obviously would have been the wrong choice, so it had to be chinese checkers.

So the one decision I really struggled with was which of myself and + to put on QR, and which to put on UB. And since those were the two games we won, I don't think there's any grounds to argue that I made the wrong choice there.
ShadowLurker wrote:Who should I fire?
Between the two that lost their games, I think JDodge has been the better performer throughout the competition, so I'd have to say Porochaz should be the one to go.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 11:52 am

Post by JDodge »

ShadowLurker wrote:
JDodge
, why did you lose to dahill1? Was chess a bad decision to assign you on? Who should I fire?
Because quite simply I suck at chess - I even had a massive advantage but made one wrong move and screwed it up.

It was a pretty bad decision to assign me to chess. Iam claims to have done research, but anyone researching would notice that I never had the patience to finish a game and I was always losing. He can't claim to have done research and overlook such a glaring fact. In fact, the only reason I was in the chess tournament to begin with was to fill out the field.

Either Iam or Prozac should be fired. Personally, I would say iam; his predecessor did nothing, and he honestly hasn't done anything worth mentioning. In the picture-finding task, he even supplied the tool which I used to find the majority of the images for the task. He was just too lazy to use it. Meanwhile, Porochaz has mostly been busy with other things and has a 1-0 record as Project Manager. I don't think one can have a 1-0 record and have it said they've done almost nothing for the team.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 1:59 pm

Post by Porochaz »

My laptop is totally fucked, so I apologised for this spelling but I am looking at a purely white sceen with occasional multicoloured verticl lines rather than text. I can only see it when I contort the screen in a random way, I hope I can get a new laptop next week at some point, due to my dyslexia support giving me a new one.

Im getting a new laptop at some point next week...

Why did I lose to crywolf? Mainly because I havent played chinese checkers for at least 8 years... however as it was the only game I knew how to play beyond chess, it was an ok choice for me... I dont know if I could have won any of those games although I think I may have a better chance at chess... but iam wouldnt have known that. With my exams and without a proper monitor it was so hard I have to hold the screen any time I want to move the mouse. That is what contributed to my loss.

As to who you should fire... iam... the reason I dont think + should be fired is due to him winning the task and being a useful member in no matter what task hes in. Ill be honest I dont like this task as it depends on skill is decided on only the projec manager. The fact I lost chinese checkers is because I havent played it in ages, the fact JDodge ost chess is the fact he hasnt actually completed a game online, which is a point against him due to him not showing "stickability" not keeping interest long enough. Is this someone you want in your employ? However the loss at chess could have possib ly been avoided if iam had done proper research on him. Pacman failed to do anything during his tenure, iam has now had a chance to make a mark and honestly, what has he done? He has now failed a task as PM and honestly off the top of my head I cant think of anything useful he has done... There was also no contact or advice which would have been nice considering he didnt know how good we were at the game...
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 9:24 pm

Post by Drench »

ShadowLurker wrote:Question 1: Which of these weighs more?
A) Gallon of water
B) Gallon of crude oil
C) Gallon of vegetable oil
D) They all weigh the same

Crywolf covered A/B, iamausername covered A
Correct answer was A

Question 2: How many landlocked countries are there in the world?
A) 14
B) 24
C) 34
D) 44

Crywolf covered C, iamausername covered A/B
Correct answer was D

Sudden Death: How many zeroes does 205! end in?
A) 25
B) 50
C) 75
D) 100

Crywolf covered B/C, iamausername covered C/D
Correct answer was B.

Virgo wins! I will see you in the boardroom Eagle Eye.
Drench wrote:I predict you will be playing the game show Duel. Get your chips ready!
CALLED IT

Also, <3 Jath for including a game show.
join your union
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 1:06 am

Post by iamausername »

JDodge wrote:Personally, I would say iam; his predecessor did nothing, and
he honestly hasn't done anything worth mentioning
. In the picture-finding task, he even supplied the tool which I used to find the majority of the images for the task. He was just too lazy to use it. Meanwhile, Porochaz has mostly been busy with other things and has a 1-0 record as Project Manager.
I don't think one can have a 1-0 record and have it said they've done almost nothing for the team.
I was PM on the previous task, we won, so I had a 1-0 record at that time. So basically, you're completely contradicting yourself here.

And as far as "too lazy to use it", that's just utter bullshit. You found four of the images using the tool that, as you say, I supplied (and without which, we would have had a lot fewer images to submit). I found two that I posted, plus one I rejected based on the assumption that the size of the images had to match (and that one was one of the four you found). I later found two more images in the right size that we'd already found in the wrong size. I made a wrong assumption, sure, but I was absolutely not lazy in that task.
Porochaz wrote:I think I may have a better chance at chess... but iam wouldnt have known that.
This is my point. For all I knew, Porochaz could have had absolutely no idea how to even play chess. I stand by my decision.
Jdodge wrote:I never had the patience to finish a game
JDodge wrote:In fact, the only reason I was in the chess tournament to begin with was to fill out the field.
Information that I did not have. There was nothing in the chess tournament thread to indicate that you didn't sign up purely because you wanted to, and your stated reason for dropping out was that you didn't have the time, not that you didn't have the interest. I don't see why I should have assumed you were lying.

Let me ask you, how do you think I should have assigned the games? How would you have done it?
Porochaz wrote:He has now failed a task as PM and honestly off the top of my head I cant think of anything useful he has done...
I've also WON a task as PM. That was pretty useful, I think.
Porochaz wrote:There was also no contact or advice which would have been nice considering he didnt know how good we were at the game...
I'd have loved to contact the team before making the delegations, so that I could actually make an informed decision, but I was strictly forbidden from doing so. Afterwards, there really wasn't a lot of point; I'm not a good chess player, and I don't even know how to play chinese checkers, so there really wasn't any advice I could offer beyond "try to win the game", which would have been more than a little bit patronising.

And, for the record, when he didn't post in this thread at all the day the tasks went up, I did send a PM to + to make sure that he was aware that the task had started. Beyond that, there really wasn't anything to do as a manager; this task was about individual skills, not the ability to work in a team. But I think I proved on the previous task that I can manage effectively when teamwork
is
on the table.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 4:09 am

Post by JDodge »

iamausername wrote:
JDodge wrote:Personally, I would say iam; his predecessor did nothing, and
he honestly hasn't done anything worth mentioning
. In the picture-finding task, he even supplied the tool which I used to find the majority of the images for the task. He was just too lazy to use it. Meanwhile, Porochaz has mostly been busy with other things and has a 1-0 record as Project Manager.
I don't think one can have a 1-0 record and have it said they've done almost nothing for the team.
I was PM on the previous task, we won, so I had a 1-0 record at that time. So basically, you're completely contradicting yourself here.
That was then, this is now. You have a 1-1 record now.
iam wrote:And as far as "too lazy to use it", that's just utter bullshit. You found four of the images using the tool that, as you say, I supplied (and without which, we would have had a lot fewer images to submit). I found two that I posted, plus one I rejected based on the assumption that the size of the images had to match (and that one was one of the four you found). I later found two more images in the right size that we'd already found in the wrong size. I made a wrong assumption, sure, but I was absolutely not lazy in that task.
Yeah, but you were still too lazy to use your own tool. The only thing you weren't too lazy to do is reject one of my submissions for a lame reason.
iam wrote:
Jdodge wrote:I never had the patience to finish a game
JDodge wrote:In fact, the only reason I was in the chess tournament to begin with was to fill out the field.
Information that I did not have. There was nothing in the chess tournament thread to indicate that you didn't sign up purely because you wanted to, and your stated reason for dropping out was that you didn't have the time, not that you didn't have the interest. I don't see why I should have assumed you were lying.
You're still missing the point of "I suck at chess", which is also obvious to anyone who looks at those games.
iam wrote:Let me ask you, how do you think I should have assigned the games? How would you have done it?
I would've swapped myself and Prozac, and you and +.
iam wrote:
Porochaz wrote:He has now failed a task as PM and honestly off the top of my head I cant think of anything useful he has done...
I've also WON a task as PM. That was pretty useful, I think.
But you still failed this task, which is the point. And quite frankly, you won the last task for two reasons:

1. The other team failed to submit
2. I found most of the pictures
iam wrote:And, for the record, when he didn't post in this thread at all the day the tasks went up, I did send a PM to + to make sure that he was aware that the task had started. Beyond that, there really wasn't anything to do as a manager; this task was about individual skills, not the ability to work in a team. But I think I proved on the previous task that I can manage effectively when teamwork
is
on the table.
First of all, in business, you need to know the strengths of your employees to succeed. You need to be able to properly utilize them. You have proven yourself unable to do this.

Secondly, you didn't really prove you can manage effectively since we won after I ignored your orders and found over half the images on my own.
stream

ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 6:13 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

Clarification: The Project Managers were NOT allowed to discuss with their teams when delegating the tasks.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

The firing will be posted Sunday. If + does not post by then, he will be fired.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
Eteocles
Eteocles
Goon
Eteocles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 5:51 pm

Post by Eteocles »

It's hard for me to pick, but I would have to go with Iamausername. Simply, everyone who has been here from the start has already formed bonds and had experiences that a new contestant just can't replicate. Iam should have worked much harder if he wanted to have a serious shot at winning.
AddyMuyo: lesbians love their dogs
lordgurgi: I'm more of a cat guy.
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Based on what has gone down in the Boardroom, I think it is clear that
+
and
JDodge
should not be fired this week.
iamausername
and
Porochaz
, this is definitely the hardest firing so far. Porochaz, I appreciate you stepping up to fill in Panzerjager's shoes, when he was proved to be an incompetent Project Manager. I really hate when people only do what is asked of them and avoid stepping up and taking responsibility. However, recently, you've been busy, and I do not know how long that will continue. iamausername, you replaced into a tough situation, yet you quickly made the best of it, stepping up as Project Manager and leading your team to a win. You have shown commitment to the tasks, actively helping your team each task. However, ultimately, this task was directly lost by you.

Porochaz...

you are safe.
iamausername
YOU'RE FIRED!
sorry but Carolyn and the rest of your team all agree that you should be the one to go. If you had been in this game from the start, I am sure you would've made it further. Good luck.

Congrats everyone on making it to the final 7!
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

Task 9

It's a Kodak world. We just live in it. Welcome.

Hello contestants. This week, I will be giving you a short task briefing before you decide your Project Manager. You will be asked by Kodak to portray a specific feature of their products, while planning your own event around it. This event will obviously require a written description, but its length and any other supplementary materials are completely up to you. Please decide your Project Managers within the next 48 hours.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by JDodge »

Porochaz for Project Manager!
stream

Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by Blackberry »

pickemgenius, crywolf20084 and JDodge are still alive, why am I not surprised? X_x
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu May 28, 2009 11:45 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

I think Dahill would be good for this one, but i'm open to ideas.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 12:04 am

Post by Max »

Blackberry you should be more surprised I'm still here. ;)

I'm willing to get behind anyone with this one.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 1:34 am

Post by Porochaz »

Heh, I have my new laptop but my ex flatmate broke in and stole the internet and tv and ironically my old laptop. Ill be home (as in non uni home) on sunday with all brand spanking new internet so if the task wont start before then then I will accept Project Manager.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 8:25 am

Post by dahill1 »

I'm fine with doing it
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 8:31 am

Post by JDodge »

Porochaz wrote:Heh, I have my new laptop but my ex flatmate broke in and stole the internet and tv and ironically my old laptop. Ill be home (as in non uni home) on sunday with all brand spanking new internet so if the task wont start before then then I will accept Project Manager.
K. You're still going to be PM regardless of when the task starts.
stream

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 10:07 am

Post by Porochaz »

Well, if your going to take that tone maybe you should be PM, because Im not going to be penalised for something I cant help and Im not going to put up with you when your in one of those moods.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 10:18 am

Post by JDodge »

Porochaz wrote:Well, if your going to take that tone maybe you should be PM, because Im not going to be penalised for something I cant help and Im not going to put up with you when your in one of those moods.
And I'm sick of you dodging responsibility because you're too busy.
stream

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 10:19 am

Post by Porochaz »

like you and mafia games then...
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 10:22 am

Post by JDodge »

Porochaz wrote:like you and mafia games then...
Whine all you want, this team would be better with you gone anyways. Maybe we'd be able to get someone else who actually has the time to help us.
stream

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri May 29, 2009 10:48 am

Post by Porochaz »

Basis of one task, Ive been with you in. Hard to get on when you dont have a computer/internet and your moving out. So hey, judge me on that if you like... I just find it amusing that your complaining about my lack of activity in this game when you consistently fail with activity elsewhere on the site.

Return to “Social Game Archive”