charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 5:57 pm

Post by charter »

SpyreX wrote:Starbuck for SK! This just in!
Scum, read my post. Gosh.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 6:26 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I concur but reading his post at face value :)
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 12:11 am

Post by TDC »

Vote CountOozingGolfBall (9): roflcopter, SpyreX, ekiM, Mixologist, alvinz95, iamausername, tubby216, charter, Starbuck
inHimshallibe (3): X, skitzer, Seraphim
Seraphim (2): Korts, Mufasa
Starbuck (2): populartajo, ThAdmiral
Mufasa (1): OozingGolfBall
alvinz95 (1): Caboose
Korts (1): HowardRoark
skitzer (1): inHimshallibe

Not Voting (2): darkdude, Axelrod

12 to lynch.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 12:25 am

Post by Korts »

I'm still thinking a Seraphim lynch is best here.

@rofl:
Korts ISO 22 wrote:I could go for an OGB lynch too, after continued lack of any pro-town intentions.
I only defended the initial three-four anti-town posts of OGB, and I still stand by my "14 minutes" comment. The attack there was bullshit, since forum mafia is not the medium for immediate responses at all.

Either way, OGB is a fine substitute for Seraphim at this juncture, with no helpful comments at all and 4 days since his last post.
Starbuck wrote:Either he himself is Mafia and is just riling up all of us town, which he's doing rather well
The phrasing of this, specifically the "all of us town", is so fake.

Meanwhile, darkdude is disgustingly under the radar. He has had little actual content and the questions he pose don't seem to be for scumhunting purposes. Particularly his latest is the one that bugs me:
darkdude wrote:I don't understand why some think Mufasa is scum but not OGB or vice versa. Anyone care to explain?
Implying that the two, completely independent cases are actually connected, and trying to set up a Mufasa-OGB town/town or scum/scum dichotomy. This is not just a useless comment, it is downright scummy.

ekiM makes a compelling case against inHimshallibe, for the most part.
scumchat never die
OozingGolfBall
OozingGolfBall
Townie
OozingGolfBall
Townie
Townie

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 1:02 am

Post by OozingGolfBall »

Interesting. To rofl's case I don't have much to say besides the fact that my first post was just a joke and that the rest of your case is founded on that one joke post.
Insanity is not a scumtell.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 1:04 am

Post by Korts »

unvote, vote: OGB
(L-2)
scumchat never die
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 6:02 am

Post by darkdude »

Implying that the two, completely independent cases are actually connected, and trying to set up a Mufasa-OGB town/town or scum/scum dichotomy. This is not just a useless comment, it is downright scummy.
They are "connected" by similarity. Both of them did nonsensical stuff, so why would one case be scummy and another not?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 6:42 am

Post by Korts »

darkdude wrote:
They are "connected" by similarity. Both of them did nonsensical stuff, so why would one case be scummy and another not?
One lurks and makes no effort to aid town; the other claimed way too early and plays like a newbie. How are the two even remotely similar?
scumchat never die
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 7:36 am

Post by HowardRoark »

unvote
vote darkdude

I think both OGB and Mufasa are town. Unfortunately I don't have good picks for scum yet.
And you still don't? Later that day he states why he believes these two are town:
on OozingGolfBall wrote:it's just unnecessary attention which scum would avoid.
While generally true, is this really enough to clear him?
on Mufassa wrote:My initial reaction on Mufasa was indeed, "too stupid to be scum". There is meta suggesting that he is capable of this stupidity, but that's just a null tell.
I always
love
when people mention "too stupid" as a town tell . . . and then you go on to acknowledge that it is a null tell. So a null tell is enough to clear him?
Since when isn't there WIFOM?
There is always WIFOM, but it is counterproductive to bring it into the discussion.
I was actually thinking that scum would try to disguise their NK as a vigging.
While this is a plausible tactic, why do you think that
this
game's scum group(s) might employ this?

V/LA 22-29 MAY 2009

Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 8:30 am

Post by Axelrod »

OozingGolfBall wrote:Interesting. To rofl's case I don't have much to say besides the fact that my first post was just a joke and that the rest of your case is founded on that one joke post.
You fail.

Vote: OGB

(L-1)
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 9:00 am

Post by ekiM »

Charter wrote:ekiM is right when he says "How likely is a player like Mufasa to find the right target and time to use those abilities in a game this size?" Add on top of that the fact that Mufasa has given zero opinion on everyone, and who knows what damage he will do. Even if we can confirm Mufasa, so what? He is not doing anything to help the town win.

There is zero reason to let Mufasa live past day one. I do not understand how this is a difficult concept to grasp. If you do not see the light, please ask me your questions and I will clarify.
He's plausibly town and there are some bona fide scumbags knocking around right now. edit: but I see you saw the light
Tajo wrote:ekiM - good analyzer. Im a little bit biased to be extra careful with him since he just came up scum in a game where I pegeed him as obv town. 230 is good posting. But I dont understand his position regarding Mufasa. Clarify.
From that, a simple application of the gambler's fallacy shows that I am town.

My position on Mufasa: he might be town and he might be scum. Not a good lynch today because non-informative. A good vig candidate because he's compromised town or scum. Lynch an obv scumbag today and see if Mufasa is still here in the morning.
Tajo wrote:OozingGolfBall - I dont get the hate OGB is getting for asking to guess his alt. Damn, it was random stage. I can buy some of the agressive players here will be over him, though. This lynch is not as optymal as you imply to be. How is he different than other "quality" posters? Ill analyse his wagon later.
It's been a week and he has posted zero content, despite being around on the site and looking at the game. What's not to hate?
ThAdmiral wrote:
ekiM wrote:OK. I think active lurking is probably worse than lurking though, especially when done after being specifically called out for not contributing.
Fair enough. Just for the record what is your definition of active lurking as there are a few different interpretations.
OGB is active on the site and makes occasional posts in this thread but has no opinions on anything whatsoever. He's active lurking.
ThAdmiral wrote:
ekiM wrote:He is still yet to show interest in scumhunting.
There are others though. Darkdude comes to mind.
Yes, absolutely. Both would be good lynches.
ThAdmiral wrote:
ekiM wrote:It's a bit hard to say what would've happened in the counter-factual where his question wasn't immediately called out by several people as being a distraction and not worth addressing. Posts 32, 33, 34, 36, 39, 43, 169, 171 were discussing who OGB is. I think if unchallenged it could've been worse.
At it's worst I still don't think it would have given us all that much less information than a normal random voting phase. In fact since it ended the random voting phase I think this was very good for the town as actual scum hunting was able to begin very early. This was not, of course, his intention though, so he shouldn't be given credit for it, but if we are talking about simply actions and consequences you can't really say his action was anti-town.
I can. I do!
ThAdmiral wrote:
ekiM wrote:I don't think he's a particularly informative lynch today, because he's such an easy target. There's a reasonable chance there's a vig in a game this size. What's the problem with him being vigged if he is scum?
No problem with him being vigged, but I would be happy to lynch him and I don't feel as strongly about anyone else.
No strong feelings after ten pages? Hmm...
darkdude wrote:I don't understand why some think Mufasa is scum but not OGB or vice versa. Anyone care to explain?
^^ Scum.

Answer, if it's needed: they haven't behaved similarly. So your question is ill posed.
X wrote:Except, roflcopter, his meta shows that he's done similarly as town. And it doesn't take long to check, I promise.
I don't see the games that he's had his alignment revealed in. So this confuses me. I also see he's been posting more, and posting CONTENT in another game.
Mufasa wrote:I have given you guys every piece of truthful information that my role has and it certainly should be enough to easily to tell my allignment to the town.
I am struggling to believe you are this much of a naif. Telling us role info doesn't prove you're town. REALLY.
OozingGOldBall wrote:Interesting. To rofl's case I don't have much to say besides the fact that my first post was just a joke and that the rest of your case is founded on that one joke post.
If you're an alt then presumably you know the basics of the game. So you know that this post is damning.
darkdude wrote:They are "connected" by similarity. Both of them did nonsensical stuff, so why would one case be scummy and another not?
Similarly, both I and you have used capital letters, so our alignments must be the same.

Random thoughts:

I note that tubby216 is flying under the radar. Alvinz too.

What is Caboose's obsession with alvinz? An excuse not to contribute?

There are some obvious townies out there that don't need naming.

Scumbags

OGB - Yes.
darkdude - No scumhunting, just defending OGB and Mufasa.
Seraphim - A lot of things other people have been cataloguing. I am still waiting for an answer to 230 --- why did you LIE about how and why you came off the Mufasa wagon?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 9:01 am

Post by ekiM »

Axelrod wrote:
OozingGolfBall wrote:Interesting. To rofl's case I don't have much to say besides the fact that my first post was just a joke and that the rest of your case is founded on that one joke post.
You fail.

(L-1)
:goodposting:
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 9:59 am

Post by Mufasa »

Unvote vote ogb
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 10:02 am

Post by charter »

VIG, if you are out there and can hear this. I am begging you for a favor. Please, please, PLEASE shoot Mufasa tonight. Consider this my request for 20 years of forgotten birthday and Christmas presents.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 10:13 am

Post by Mufasa »

unvote vote ogb
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 10:15 am

Post by Mufasa »

I hope people do the right thing tonight and I'm here for day 2 cause I swear I'm towm
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 10:23 am

Post by roflcopter »

Axelrod wrote:
You fail.

(L-1)
axelrod is a driving a big yellow schoolbus
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 10:29 am

Post by TDC »

"This Golfball dude sure is annoying. Wanna string him up?"
"Yeah. Better do it before dusk, I don't want to miss the game tonight."

And thus, without much resistance you string up OozingGolfBall. As you do so, a gun, loaded with a single bullet falls out of his pocket.
Good thing he couldn't use it, eh?

Final Vote Count of Day 1
OozingGolfBall (12): roflcopter, SpyreX, ekiM, Mixologist, alvinz95, iamausername, tubby216, charter, Starbuck, Korts, Axelrod, Mufasa

inHimshallibe (3): X, skitzer, Seraphim
Starbuck (2): populartajo, ThAdmiral
Mufasa (1): OozingGolfBall
alvinz95 (1): Caboose
skitzer (1): inHimshallibe
darkdude (1): HowardRoark

Not Voting (1): darkdude

Lynch: OozingGolfBall
OozingGolfBall, 1-Shot Vigilante, Member of The Russian Mafia
:
  • Active Abilities:
    • Vigilante:
      • 1-Shot
  • Passive Abilities:
    • none
  • Groups:
    • The Russian Mafia:
      • classified
  • Victory Condition:
    classified

StatusYou have ended Day 1 before the deadline and will have
additional days for tomorrow.

It is now
Night 1
Deadline: Wednesday, May 27th, 23:30 CEST (GMT+2).
Remember that I will randomize night choices I don't receive in time.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 3:31 am

Post by TDC »

Since I've been asked about it, a note about the setup: The Roles are revealed exactly like they
started out
So in the case of OGB this means that he had the 1-Shot all along.
Also, had he used it in one of the following nights and then died, he would still have been revealed with it.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by TDC »

"This is Ernesto Torta. We're above Roccisi, the town that publicly hanged a member of the Russian Mafia and now lives in fear of retaliation. I've yesterday telephoned with a local physician, ThAdmiral. He told me they hanged him, because they think he killed Dust, who - and he repeated that a lot - was such a nice guy to be around. As you can see, the inhabitants are gathering on the town square as I speak."

The heli-bound camera zooms onto the villagers. Suddenly they all turn around towards the church. The camera pans over and someone is standing in the door, frantically gesticulating.

"What's happening there? The townspeople are now running towards the church and.. they're dragging two dead bodies out of it. Let me call my new friend ThAdmiral and find out what's up."

One of the villagers bends down to one of the corpes, searches all its pockets and finally finds the cellphone.

"Oh no. Is.. the dead body ThAdmiral? This must be a shock for you... It isn't? What do you..? Wow... I mean that's just.. wow. And the other guy? Is he the hero that.. What? .. Another one?.. Well, thanks."
Ernesto Torta turns into the camera.
"Well, I've just learned that my dear friend ThAdmiral was not all that bound to the Hippocratic Oath. He was a member of the local family! And this other guy, inHimshallibe was actually their Godfather! Can anyone believe this?
I know one thing. This was not the last dead body this town will produce.
And on that bombshell, back to the studio."

Kills: inHimshallibe, ThAdmiral
inHimshallibe, Godfather, Member of Upper Roccisi Neighborhood, Member of the Italian Mafia
:
  • Active Abilities:
    • none
  • Passive Abilities:
    • Godfather
  • Groups:
    • The Upper Roccisi Neighborhood:
      • classified
    • The Italian Mafia:
      • classified
  • Victory Condition: classified
ThAdmiral, Doctor, Member of The Italian Mafia
  • Active Abilities:
    • Doctor
      • Night 0
  • Passive Abilities:
    • none
  • Groups:
    • The Italian Mafia:
      • classified
  • Victory Condition: classified

StatusIt is now
Day 2
. With 19 alive and the 5 extra days this day will last 20 days.
Deadline: Wednesday June 17th 2:00 CEST (GMT+2).
10 to lynch.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Whoa. Well, I'm back. Looks like there are definitely two Mafia teams now. I am a little more hesitant to lynch Mufasa now...but I definitely want to see the "reads" he supposedly got yesterday. Also, what ability he used and who he used it on, please.

Alvinz and darkdude, I think, are two players who need to start scum hunting.

Vote: darkdude

All you've done is defend OGB(who is now scum) and defend Mufasa. This makes me think that a Russian Mafia of:
OGB
Mufasa
darkdude

is highly likely. We can get to alvinz later.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by tubby216 »

ok now i need a re-read,

the people i am looking at are
{in no particular order}

korts
seraphim
skitzer
spyrex

be back with something tomorrow
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by Mufasa »

I roleblocked Korts on night one.
Strangely enough I agree with tubby's list of suspicious characters. Everyone should take a good look at them
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by X »

I love it when I'm right! I also really like the # of dead mafiosi!
Seraphim wrote:Looks like there are definitely two Mafia teams now. I am a little more hesitant to lynch Mufasa now...but I definitely want to see the "reads" he supposedly got yesterday. Also, what ability he used and who he used it on, please.
QFT.

Caboose, is there anyone else you see as suspicious other than alvinz.

roflcopter, what makes you think that Axelrod was bussing OGB?

DD is looking pretty bad right now.
Mufasa wrote:Strangely enough I agree with tubby's list of suspicious characters. Everyone should take a good look at them
Care to elaborate? I'm most curious about why you're suspicious of SpyreX, but other information could be nice too...

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”