VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Wed May 27, 2009 12:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

/confirmarino

...that's my Ned Flanders impersonation.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Wed May 27, 2009 2:41 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Haha, it's what the site needs really.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Wed May 27, 2009 7:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Vote Taranski
Confirm or die!

I'm glad Ellsworth is dead. He talked too much. There, I said it.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Wed May 27, 2009 8:13 am

Post by VP Baltar »

skitzer wrote: I've heard things about you...
Elaborate for my benefit, please.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (isolation #4) » Wed May 27, 2009 8:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Well, that was anti-climatic. :(
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #50 (isolation #5) » Wed May 27, 2009 11:06 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

RVS ends whenever you want it to end. For instance, you could help wagon Taranski for not showing up yet. Nothing random about that.

camn wrote:you people should know that I am re-visiting The Fragile by Nine Inch Nails.
Yeah. About two years ago I listened to the Downward Spiral just because I hadn't in such a long time. All I remember thinking was, 'god, this is a damn depressing record'. However, I want to see angry camn. It would be entertaining.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (isolation #6) » Thu May 28, 2009 4:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

That was your angry fury? We need to bring out your inner anger more then because that was tame.

I want to see tears from your opponents.

Also, why don't you vote Mrs. Anders if you think she'd be a good wagon? If you aren't prepared for that commitment yet, may I warm a seat for you on the Taranski train?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (isolation #7) » Thu May 28, 2009 5:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Sorry, I guess I missed your vote for the lack of vote count.

If those guys cried (particularly two of them, who you certainly know), then you're my new hero even more so.

People should talk more and stop being so boring, me thinks.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (isolation #8) » Thu May 28, 2009 7:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

camn wrote:The people who cried were the scum, my friend...
I'll back this. Camn decimated their whole team, and I gave her a scummy nomination for it....which may be why she's been getting massacred early in so many games lately. :oops: sorry
kise wrote:So what are we looking at here; 2 or 3 mafia? I can already see the teamwork amongst a few of you.
Well, you waiting for christmas to make your accusations or are you going to get on with it?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (isolation #9) » Thu May 28, 2009 8:57 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Kise wrote:VP didn't answer my question first; "So what are we looking at here; 2 or 3 mafia?"
Didn't know it was directed at me or I would have. 3 would be the obvious assumption. I've seen as many as 4 before, but it is less common.

Me not answering your question is no reason not to answer mine, however. Which you can go ahead and do for real now.

Kise wrote:The point of my silly question/actions is because I am trying to bait KKN into responding a certain way.
So, you believed that he would vote for you because you asked him a question about his "daddy"? Is this a common scum hunting process for you? How effective do you feel it is? Why did you choose to target KKN in particular with your question?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (isolation #10) » Fri May 29, 2009 12:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

mod: can you prod Taranski, please

This thread needs some more: Starbuck, imaginality, skitzer, Josh Lyman and molestargazer.

Kise, are you an alt? Do you have mafia experience other than MS?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (isolation #11) » Fri May 29, 2009 5:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

mole wrote: Why'd you want to goad people into responding in a certain way?
Surely you just ask and see how they respond, not try and manipulate them into something?
That was essentially what I was getting at by questioning Kise. I just wanted him to say it in his own words, so I don't think I was going too far.

Plus, it's early in the game, we need to keep asking questions to get people talking and pull ourselves out of the RVS.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (isolation #12) » Fri May 29, 2009 7:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Kise wrote:Ehh... I refuse to be the only one getting questioned. It's someone else's turn in the hotseat. And I'd like to nominate VB, since he appears to be the more articulate of the bunch.

1) Are you purposely cutting KKN slack, or are you grilling me to show me how it feels when I grilled KKN? Or neither? Please explain.

2) Would you put your trust in camm for any reason? (I won't tell you ATM why I asked this. Check with me later if you want.)

3) How do you feel about the minimal activity by most of the other players in this game; worth being suspicious, or just blame it on them not having enough internet time?

4) Hypothetically speaking, if you were mafia, who would you LIKE to be partnered with on the anti-town side?

5) What's your take on aggressive players -- Do you like them; dislike them; do they make you nervous, etc.?

6) If an aggressive player is hounding another player, do you defend the other person if you feel they have a weak defense, or would you suspect them to be mafia?

7) Does lack of confidence come across as scummy to you?

8) What's a VI? :?:
Questioning is good. No need to fear it unless you're scum. Speaking of which, could you please answer the question I posed about your mafia experience...I do want to know.

1)Neither, I wanted to know if you were scumhunting or just being sarcastic with your response to KKN. I wanted to hear you motives behind the questioning. I also wanted to help spur discussion on.

2)If I had a confident read of town on camn, hell yes. She's a good player from what I have seen. Do I have a town read on her now? No, absolutely not. I have no read on anyone really...I was just being personable with her because we recently played a game together, and I think a little small talk early in the game is ok as long as people are still trying to move the game forward.

3)I don't like people lurking...so, yeah, I'll call it suspicious right now. Unless you have a meta for lurking that I am aware of, I consider it suspicious. Not lynch worthy in most cases, but not contributing to discussion is anti-town.

4)I don't like this question. It smells like entrapment later that could be used later to justify a mislynch. No comment.

5)I personally think there has to be a mix in every game. Some players have to be aggressive others have to sing back up. You obviously cannot have a game where 12 people are die hard trying to get different people lynched and no agreement is reached. You also cannot have a game where 12 people don't speak up and take risks by calling people scum. People playing aggressively doesn't make me nervous, and I do like it because it spices things up and gets real discussion going. If I have to play that role to get a game going, I will. Do they make you nervous?

6) That would probably change on a situation to situation basis for me. If I agree with the aggressive player, I would probably chime in and help nab someone who I think is scum. If I think the attacker is nitpicking to try and string a case together, I will say so.

7) No, not necessarily. Being wishy-washy in your opinions does, however. A player may not be entirely sure about their opinions, but I expect everyone to at least
have
opinions and not fencesit when the time comes to make choices.

8) VI=Village Idiot

Crazy, what is your understanding of Kise?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (isolation #13) » Fri May 29, 2009 8:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

The reason I asked you your experience is because it would possibly have an effect upon what I assume you intentions to be when asking certain questions. I would expect experienced players to pursue certain things and perhaps disregard other things as trivial. I can understand where you are coming from in your answer I guess. Can't say I agree, but I can understand.
Kise wrote:do you mind if I ask you if this is the current case you feel is going on? Do you feel I'm nitpicking KKN, despite what his actions have been as well?
I got a vibe of it, but nothing that I would consider scummy really. I really don't feel that hypocrisy is a very reliable scumtell most of the time, so much as it's an annoyance. However, it's way early in the game and most things could probably be perceived as nitpicking, so it's nothing to fret over, and I wanted to get your reaction to being leaned on a bit.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (isolation #14) » Sat May 30, 2009 1:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Crazy wrote:Contradictions are scummy.
Is this a hard and fast rule for you?
Josh Lyman wrote:I think I'm actually ready to move out of RVS.
I would hope so. Do you consider your vote on Kise to be a serious vote?
skitzer wrote:I'm in the process of reading the book now, and I can see a possibility of 4 scum (that's obviously not likely though). Also, I think their may be an SK, we are in an insane asylum, after all.
More scumhunting, less setup speculation would be useful at this point.
skitzer wrote:This is an odd post. Especially with the bolded part.

Also, camn expresses anger in many of her posts. I think she tried to cover this up at the beginning with her "listening to NIN" post.

There are a lot of question marks and elippsisses (elippsi?), but they are sporadic and pertain to no one particular person.

In general the game itself isn't playing...normally.
This all looks like an attempt to look busy without really contributing.
Unvote, Vote:Skitzer

camn wrote:Hmm.
Stellar analysis...care to elaborate?

I think I need a translater for Josh Lyman's posts. KKN, can you get an avatar plz?

mod, did you prod Taranski?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (isolation #15) » Sat May 30, 2009 4:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

yeah, but no one asked you about post restrictions or reading kesey or number of scum in the first place, correct?

Can you tell me how any of those are more than pretty baseless speculation or would serve the town in helping to find scum at this point?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (isolation #16) » Sat May 30, 2009 9:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

PD wrote:VP: I'm getting the sense that you like the game to move quickly?Any reason?
It's more fun and will move us out of the RVS sooner. Any reason not to?

I support Josh Lyman and/or skitzer hate.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (isolation #17) » Sun May 31, 2009 7:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Kise, regarding the number of scum, I've seen 2, 3, and 4 in minis, so there is really no standard number to be looking for. More than four would be excessive, but there could be any number of those and perhaps even a third-party thrown in the mix...it's pretty much going to be impossible to tell on D1.
Kise wrote:And back on the topic of teamwork, (and I'm not going to FoS anybody, but) VP, Josh & Kid have not been suspecting of each other at all. Guys, I just want to point out how this looks like you're watching each other's back and acting as if you 3 can trust each other as being on the same side.
I think KKN's supposed "contradiction" was pretty innocuous. I felt your attack on him for it was actually more suspicious, hence the questioning. I also haven't really questioned imaginality, molestargazer, PD, Crazy, etc., does that mean I'm buddies with them as well?

And regarding Lyman:
VP wrote:I support Josh Lyman and/or skitzer hate.
How exactly am I buddying with him as you claim?

Also:
Kise wrote:Now VP asks Josh if he's serious about a vote on me, essentially treating Josh like you guys are buddied up on D1.
How is my question treating him like we are buddied? It was a serious question because he placed his vote on you, which seemed serious, and then later said that he was getting ready to leave the RVS...so I wanted to know if his vote on you was serious or not.
Btw, Josh, why did you not answer my question?
molestargazer wrote:Why do you assume we HAVE a cop?
QFT.
camn wrote:Yay! Lurkerwagon Ho!
This is pretty weak. Taranski needs to be replaced at this point and we can look other places until that happens. Camn, you seem to be hanging out in the background this game and not stating many opinions. Why is that?

Imaginality, I know we're all highly paranoid, but if you were going to cast a serious vote at this point, who would it be for and why?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (isolation #18) » Sun May 31, 2009 8:11 am

Post by VP Baltar »

camn wrote:See my sig.
Sorry. Perhaps I should use my eyes upon occasion. Best of luck on your exams.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (isolation #19) » Sun May 31, 2009 9:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In your past experience with 12-player games is there always a cop Kise?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (isolation #20) » Sun May 31, 2009 10:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Camn, why the need to jump in there and mediate? Wouldn't my question about cop levels where he played mafia before have answered those suspicions? Getting an unskewed answer directly from him would have cleared things up a lot.

Also, Kise, can you address the points I raised in post 131.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (isolation #21) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Kise, for the third time, can you please answer the questions I put to you in 131.

re: cops--I don't think anyone said there was or wasn't one in this game. People were just asking why you were so sure there was one.
Kise wrote:And I could also give cop/lie detector something to work with.
That sounds pretty damn certain that there is a cop. Now you are trying to play it off like were not certain there is one, and that anyone questioning you about it must be suspicious because they are trying to find out if you are the cop. WTF?
kise wrote:why is everyone DEFINITE that there are NO cops in this game?
Please quote where anyone said this. You seem to venture into hyperbole a lot when you are posting and I don't like it.
Kise wrote:Did we just call them scum, camm!?!?
What are your feelings on camn this game? Do you read her as town, scum or neutral? Why?

Also, Kise, if you think mole or I are rolefishing and trying to find out if you are a cop with our questions (ie we are scum), why are you not voting for one of us instead of going after the lurking Starbuck?

----

skitzer, we've had some more pages added now, you find anything to comment on yet or are you going to continue to avoid this game?

-----

Josh Lyman seems to moved to lurkerville since getting a little bit of pressure.

Lots of other people seem to be doing the same and it's not helping discussion.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Kise wrote:Ok, well then how about you two tell me what you think is going on?
My main point is that you're better served to scumhunt than worry whether or not we have a cop. I don't know what is going on at this point, nor do a I care.
Kise wrote:My main thing is showing you how it looks whenever you co-sign what Josh is saying, and also support/defend Kid a lot instead of letting him speak for himself.
I still would like you to point out where this potential buddying to Josh is considering I have said that I find him scummy and have asked him serveral questions. I can see where you are saying that I was defending KKN, but I felt your attacks were unfounded and hyperbolic, so I felt they needed to be defended.
skitzer wrote:And the discussion hasn't been much IMO, or I'm not seeing it.
Then you need to look harder.
skitzer wrote: In other news, my top pick for the post restriction is camn. Unless she's been listening to her NIN perpetually for five days
She has been studying for finals, remember?
skitzer wrote:That's how I post. I'm not sure I know how to post any other way.
Do you get lynched a lot for this? Because it just looks like active lurking and seems quite scummy. Can you link two games where you were town and two where you were scum.
Kise wrote:I felt like it needed to made more evident in case people missed it. I'm so townie! Yes! I'm not mafia!
Is this sarcastic?
Kise wrote:What is scummy about saying there is likely a cop in this setup, even if that is what Kise did?
Nothing inherently. Saying
for sure
that there is a cop would imply inside knowledge and thus would be scummy. Kise has clarified that this was not what he was doing, but that clarification would not have happened if mole had not asked. I think it was a fair question.
Starbuck wrote:Do you guys know what alliteration is?
Haha, I was going to say something, but I didn't want to sound rude...
Josh wrote:I'll post a couple things then.
This needs to happen as soon as you can. Lurking won't get you out of suspicion.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (isolation #23) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:32 am

Post by VP Baltar »

PD wrote:I don't know of any scum roles that can find out other roles in the game, can you describe and/or post the link to one?
There is such a thing as a scum role cop, I actually just died in Mafia 91 and that was my role. However, I wasn't really saying that as scum he would know if someone is cop but rather as part of a scum group might have a feeling that there is a cop present in this game.

For instance, if he was a member of the scum and had a role like "investigation immune godfather" that would perhaps imply to him that there would be a high probabililty of a cop being in this game. Do you understand where I'm coming from?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (isolation #24) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:55 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I just explained what I meant. Certain scum roles would cause a player to be more assured of an investigative role, which is why I asked Kise to clarify. He said he wasn't sure and was only considering the possibility. That makes me feel better.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (isolation #25) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:45 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Hey alex! good to play with you again. Looking forward to your thoughts.
KKN wrote:Will be posting within the next few hours.
Please do, I don't think we've heard much from you.

I think it's funny how this game has gone to crickets since I stopped being so verbose.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (isolation #26) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:11 am

Post by VP Baltar »

The film, yes. It's based on a novel by Ken Kessey. Why do you ask?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (isolation #27) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:50 am

Post by VP Baltar »

apologies for the typo...I'm well aware of who Ken Kesey is. Care to answer Crazy's question now?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (isolation #28) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

kise wrote:You're overthinking what roles may be in the game. I've played Entourage Mafia (based off the HBO show) and it didn't make sense for Arnold (the DOG) to be a Mason Recruiter, but hey.. that was the ability that the mod gave him.
This.

I find that themed games and roles on MS are rarely dependent upon the theme. It becomes far too easy to break the game if they are.

In other news:

Unvote, Vote Josh Lyman
post or die.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (isolation #29) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

camn wrote:Unvote.
Vote Josh Lyman

Lurkerwagon Ho!

u,m... when I sober up tomorrow expect me to bring the pain.
haha. <3

This is why camn is awesome, drunk promises of death and pain.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (isolation #30) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:53 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Kise wrote:Somebody got an extra scoop of apple sauce, I think.
Let's lynch the greedy bastard.

I'm in the dark about this special mechanics thing, but it did come right after Starbuck's vote. Hmm, I guess that was L-1.
Unvote
He needs to come post and at least claim before we lynch.
PD wrote:I'm sad to say it's obvious when VP Baltar doesn't post.
Yeah, that was kind of the point I wanted to make. I was getting kind of disturbed at how quiet everyone was being. It makes me feel that the scum could just be sitting back and letting me go off.

In other news, this is what skitzer has said all game: "I think there are post restrictions happening in this game." "I can't find anything else to comment on, I'm usually quiet early in the game."

@Skitzer, still nothing to say? I see you have been posting in MishMash and some other games fairly frequently. What do you think about Josh Lyman? Platypus Dude? Kise?

@imaginality, do you have any other suspects than Josh?

Still looking forward to camn's post, as well as alex when he catches up.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (isolation #31) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:53 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

So, you got this power after the special mechanics were announced? What do you mean by "temporarily"?

Nice post alex, that's why I was glad to see you join the game. I knew I could at least count on you for some content (even if you called me scum in it). I'll get addressing your points some time today.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (isolation #32) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:13 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Ok, catching up with alex post responses:
alex wrote:How useful is it to waggon someone who cant respond?
To get them to post obviously. There was no information pointing at that time to him not being able to respond.
I'm already disliking VP for pushing the lynch of my former self...
I said we should lynch Taranski? Quotes please.
more camn and Baltar irrelevant chatter. They should get married...
awww, will you pick out my dress? :)
(to Kise)lol. You don't get to choose... Anyway, you can respond and scumhunt at the same time... One doesn't take the other.
Ok, I'm quickly noticing in your post that you are spending a lot of time coaching Kise. Why is that? There is more than one instance where you tell him what the 'proper' play would be...which suggests that under normal circumstances you would find what he did to be scummy. Why the free pass?
alex wrote:
Josh wrote: Why would a Townie claim scum at all, ever? I don't know, but I've seen it happen.
LINKS please.
I've heard of it happening too. Iirc, Xtoxm was the one I heard who did it. I may be wrong on that though, since I've never seen the game first hand.
alex wrote:That's it ... I think I might've found SCUM. You hate lurkers but waggon her and not on taranksi for instance?
HoS: Josh
While I'm pro-Josh hate, I have to call you on this one. Weren't you just busting my chops over voting Taranski on like page 2? I have a feeling that if he
had
voted Taranski there you would have found him just as suspicious, if not more. It's a lose-lose situation.
DUDE!!!! Why do you want to out a possible cop??? The only way he could know there is a cop is if he is cop himself or a reserve cop. Mafia wouldn't know! So cut the rolefishing because it's very scummy.
First, I don't expect anyone in this game is stupid enough if they were a cop to come out and go, "HEY GUYS, I'M THE COP. IT'S COOL!!!!". It just wouldn't happen. Second, You're accusing me of rolefishing under the premise that he himself could be a cop. Keep in mind, I'm not the one who brought up the cop at all. If he's the cop, then it was an awful play because there was no reason to say what he did in the first place.
DUDE! How many people do you want (Kise) to vote at the same time? leave him be.
More defending for some reason. My point is that one should be voting people one finds scummy, not just lurkers. If you want to accuse someone, then put pressure on them with your vote.
And what do you expect him to tell you? yes, I am a godfather??? not enough. It seems that you people don't worry about outing power roles.
Where did I say I expected him to claim godfather? I said a godfather is a type of scum role where the scum would assume there to be an investigative role. You disagree with that logic? And again, no I don't feel that the conversation was bordering anywhere near outing powerroles. Give people a bit of credit sometimes.

Kise wrote:But I'm glad SOMEBODY else noticed the rolefishers. This is why I want to draw certain reactions; regular townies would never take the kind of bait I offer.
Ok, you're starting to get on my nerves now. YOU BROUGHT UP THE DAMN IDEA OF A COP. You continued to bring it up several times. You engaged people in a conversation on it. Now you are calling them rolefishers? You bring up the idea of Lie Detector being in the game as well. If anyone was rolefishing it was you.
Kise wrote: want to be MC Hammer when Josh is back to L-1. I won't lie about it. The majority of us think he's made enough slips to warrant a lynch. And I know you just got here, but we've been playing this game a lot longer than you and have read enough from Josh to make that decision.
Why the hurry? Would you be willing to lynch him right now even if he doesn't come back to respond to questions or claim?
imaginality wrote:How does that make you feel?
heh. Imaginality's psychiatry services.
Starbuck wrote:Honestly, I think Kise is quite cocky. I've always attributed cockiness to being scum.
Pretty sure that's not a reliable scumtell.
Kise wrote:@imaginality - You never did answer my question.
pretty sure I had at least one in there too.
molestargazer wrote:Trying to goad people into responding in a certain way, perhaps one that would make them look scummy, is not.
This.
PD wrote:The first quote says you can vote temporarily. The second says you're unsure if or when you lose it. Why the switch?
and this.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (isolation #33) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

@Kise-how about you answer my question instead of trying to get the last word about cops?

Oh, did I scare you there?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (isolation #34) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:17 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Kise wrote:Only reason I HAD to engage people in convo about PR's is because people asked me about them.
Did you not bring up the idea first before anyone had said anything about it?
Kise wrote:But no one is telling me exactly HOW I endangered the PR's. Please explain.
When did I say you endangered the PRs? I'm more annoyed that this conversation continues pointlessly. There has been so much idiotic setup speculation this game it's making it nigh impossible to actually get conversation that can lead to finding scum going.

@camn--I'd hammer, but I want answers from alexhans before we end the day. If he answers and Josh still hasn't posted or been replaced, then I'll crush him. I think your new meta is drunk posting. Do you feel it is improving your scumhunting? If so, I might have to join the party.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (isolation #35) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:17 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Kise wrote:Only reason I HAD to engage people in convo about PR's is because people asked me about them.
Did you not bring up the idea first before anyone had said anything about it?
Kise wrote:But no one is telling me exactly HOW I endangered the PR's. Please explain.
When did I say you endangered the PRs? I'm more annoyed that this conversation continues pointlessly. There has been so much idiotic setup speculation this game it's making it nigh impossible to actually get conversation that can lead to finding scum going.

@camn--I'd hammer, but I want answers from alexhans before we end the day. If he answers and Josh still hasn't posted or been replaced, then I'll crush him. I think your new meta is drunk posting. Do you feel it is improving your scumhunting? If so, I might have to join the party.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (isolation #36) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Either investigate whoever you think is scummiest or someone you can't get a read on. I don't think the town should decide for you because the scum could try to influence your decision away from them.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (isolation #37) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Still waiting on your post alex....I suppose you have a post restriction too huh.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (isolation #38) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Just so you all know....I've jumped on the drinking while posting bandwagon. It was a rough day.
alex wrote:VP Baltar KEPT asking him about his experience.
I did? Please quote. I asked him once and when he said he didn't want to I said I didn't agree, but I could understand his reasoning.
alex wrote:Well... I assume that cheerleading for someone's waggon should Imply that you don't disagree with their lynch... Or do you think that someone who doesn't log in MS will hear an alarm bell if he is at L-1?
You're very much exaggerating this. Taranski was not anywhere near L-1, nor would he have been likely to reach that. Also, just because someone is not posting does not mean they are not reading the thread *cough*mole*cough*
alex wrote:And Kise, as opposed to Zwets or Wall-e, is a frantic poster
heh, have you played with zwet? [off-topic]Where is he anyhow? Haven't seen him post anywhere in awhile.[/off-topic]
alex wrote:His push on kise for the hypothetical question and later for the experience thing... Then he went on a farfetched explanation that lead to an implicit conclusion that scumhunting was bad because townies could lie when pressured... Then said that a townie would claim scum...
I agree...I was just pointing out that your one point was bad.
alex wrote:You and mole started this.
Yeah, you're right. We acted like there certainly was a cop in this set up first. I bet we also speculated about a lie detector first too. :roll: I suggest you start being a bit more objective in your analysis.
alex wrote:And later she gives the answer she should've given (as town) in the first place.
Waaaiiiit, didn't you just give specific suggestions to Kise as to who you think he should investigate?
alex wrote:I would go for camn or Starbucks... I think. Or someone who I have no read on... like Imaginality or mole.
Hey! look at that, you did.
Alex, can you explain to me why camn is a better lynch than Josh?
skitzer wrote:I find this very slightly suspicious. camn (i think) has said that she now has an extra vote, but before she said that, imaginality said the above statement well after the mod posted the Special Mechanic thing. I'm thinking that imaginality may have something to do with it as well.
What? Does any of your scum hunting not involve conspiracy theories? Why would he as scum ask for a vote count before camn had received a double vote and had a chance to use it? What benefit would that have to scum?
PD wrote:Just seems like an odd word choice to me. Any reason you chose 'crush' over 'hammer'?
I...just...did? what is your point here?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (isolation #39) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Kise wrote:Lyman's scumminess isn't as strong to me as Buck or camn's, but we need progression. If anyone is online, I want you to know that I am about to make the final (I think?) vote against him.
I think I unvoted him as well, but I'm cool with his lynch. I'm a little uneasy by your willingness to lynch someone who isn't your top pick though, especially when we aren't exactly facing a deadline.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (isolation #40) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

EBWOP: and by that I mean I'd most likely hammer after you answer my question.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (isolation #41) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

camn wrote:Ps.. I am practically confirmed, anyway.. if any of you guys would start putting 2 and 2 together! I expect more from VP Balthar, in particular. . .

Don't ask me why cuz I won't tell till tomorrow!
heh. I was busy with another game. ;) I can assure you I'll have more time to dedicate to this game now.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (isolation #42) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Are we positive Josh is lynched? I feel so useless sitting here waiting for Stef.
alex wrote:I was at L-1. I'll make sure you have the experience if you want to.
I'm not sure I'm liking your overall cockiness so far in this game. It's starting to get a bit grating.

@camn, sorwwwy :( at least you know your instincts are still razor sharp.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (isolation #43) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I don't mind you going at it with camn, just don't act like you're confirmed town or something cause that is certainly not the case.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (isolation #44) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Vote Josh Lyman
(just in case the count is incorrect cause I'm feeling too lazy to check) and while we're waiting:
alex wrote:
VP wrote:
Alex wrote: I would go for camn or Starbucks... I think. Or someone who I have no read on... like Imaginality or mole.

Hey! look at that, you did.
So?
So how can you attack camn for this when you did the same exact thing. I agree that saying that she herself should be investigated is strange, but at the heart of the matter you both tried to direct the investigation somewhat.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (isolation #45) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Ok, let me ask you this as well....what do you think of her double voter ability? Do you think she had it all along or got it during the day? What do you think of her being the first to claim receiving anything from 'the voice'?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (isolation #46) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Yes, camn, I realize that double voter gives no clue to your alignment...I was making the point that it was more just the way you did it that read town to me.

However! I don't really like that 'ha ha. WE ARE ALL CRAZY HERE' or the fact that you tried to question the sanity of a one shot investigation. Even though the theme is an insane asylum, I would think that you would know better than to assume that the theme would influence a role like that. Have you ever seen a game where a one shot cop was insane?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (isolation #47) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:34 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

His last post on the site was yesterday around 9:30 GMT-4. I'm sure he will be here soon.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (isolation #48) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:35 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

sorry 9:30 am
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (isolation #49) » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:33 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

So, skitzer killed herself? That is strange. I need to do a reread of camn and see who her suspects were beyond Josh.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (isolation #50) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

:( Sorry to hear that Stef.

I was having a good time and I think this was a really creative game from what I saw. Can you reveal the full setup before you leave and the secrets of the mechanics?

For the record, my money is on The Machine doing the second kill last night and being the one to distribute the special abilities.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (isolation #51) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

So, do we all want to reveal our roles or leave the setup secret so it could be picked up later?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (isolation #52) » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:32 am

Post by VP Baltar »

It would be cool if camn took over the game...I don't think it would be too hard. Of course, all this depends on if Stef is still on the site. Does the list mod normally receive the flavor as well?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #400 (isolation #53) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:04 am

Post by VP Baltar »

lol, I was going to either kill or get you lynched alex. I don't think you guys had anything solid on me yet.

I'm glad I voted against it continuing....I think it realy would have gone awry if we had kept playing.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (isolation #54) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

lol, I was going to either kill or get you lynched alex. I don't think you guys had anything solid on me yet.

I'm glad I voted against it continuing....I think it realy would have gone awry if we had kept playing.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (isolation #55) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

what gambit was that camn? I just think you are crazy good at gut reads and I was worried you were going to be a problem if we left you around. Might have been able to get alex and kise to go for your mislynch, but I would have rather taken care of it myself.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #404 (isolation #56) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:10 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I can post the quicktopic if MeMe and Crazy are cool with it.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (isolation #57) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:14 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Oh, haha....read closer Baltar.

Just so you know Kise, claiming a clear on mole made him high on the target list for a NK....might not want to try that again in the future unless you want your mason partner dead.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (isolation #58) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Seeing the mechanics, it definitely wouldn't have been fair to camn as a mod.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (isolation #59) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:21 am

Post by VP Baltar »

camn wrote:hough I will admit, if VP was in on it, it may have been possible... But I think he would be too scared.
I would have looked obvscum because the case would have sucked, but if I felt Kise and alex would bite I might have gone for it. :)
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (isolation #60) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:22 am

Post by VP Baltar »

He was!? Well crap, I wish I would have had that knowledge. He's a great mod (not that you aren't, I've just never seen you mod).
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (isolation #61) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:45 am

Post by VP Baltar »

haha, have you played a full game with camn before alex? She's got mad skills.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”