Mini 773- Welcome to Lynchville! Perfection! (Over)

hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 8:49 am

Post by hohum »

alexhans wrote:People shouldn't call fellow players
bitch

anyway....

Are you gonna keep playing like this or there's hope that you can improve your content?

If so... when?
Your attitude really sucks.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 8:56 am

Post by alexhans »

hohum wrote:
alexhans wrote:People shouldn't call fellow players
bitch

anyway....

Are you gonna keep playing like this or there's hope that you can improve your content?

If so... when?
Your attitude really sucks.
You can't really talk about my attitude can you?

Anyway, care to give us opinions on the game so far?

Since your catch up?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 9:47 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Well my vote went from a pressure vote to a serious vote.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by hohum »

here are my thoughts after a reread.

I really want either qwints or alexhans lynched. I think those are the only two overtly scummy people in the game right now. I've been outlining reasons why all day today and part of the day yesterday, but I will recap for clarity's sake.

Alexhans has been beating me over the head with my meta most of the game, and he is starting to take a really piss poor attitude with other people than me in the lasts few posts. He has consistently torn my arguments apart to discredit me yet he maintains the stance that he's defending me. He's admitted as much as he admits that he thinks my play is week. He's continually trying to say things I'm saying and doing are scummy so that he can go "look, I told you so" no matter which way I flip.

At minimum his condescending and combative "holier than thou" attitude is NOT HELPFUL.

Qwints seemed a bit over defensive at first and so I kept prodding. The more I prodded the more comfortable I felt about my vote. I especially didn't like the abandonment of the KK wagon, and his stances on LK at all, and I'm inclined to believe LK's claims.

Not sure a bmq lynch is as likely to be productive right now.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 5:35 pm

Post by hohum »

also the fact that alex is STILL using meta, this late in the game, really is scummy. Meta can be useful for helping make lynch decisions during D1 but by D2 there should be enough information in THIS game to draw a real case on.

If you can't support your positions on various people based on what's in THIS game by now as long as the thread is (28 pages now) without continually resorting to meta, then it's because your opinions are only convenient to you and not because you have convictions about them.
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by afatchic »

Votecount forthcoming...

In the mean time lets all try to take a look at one of my lovely rules real quick...
rule #12 wrote:12) Fun: Please remember this is a game. Try to have fun, but please don’t harass anyone else in the process. If you feel harassed or attacked, PM and I will PM them. If I see something that I think is out of line, I will PM you letting you know. You get two warnings, third time results in replacement/ Mod-kill. But come on, we won’t have to worry about this. :)
If you have the slightest indication this may have been toward you, consider it a warning.
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by qwints »

hohum, I really think you need to take a step back and take another look at the game, especially Brian's last pot on Day 1 and LK's reversal on Brian. These deserve more consideration than you're giving them. Alex (and you, for that matter) are simply not on the table for today's lynch. You both were instrumental in lynching the mafia godfather at the last minute. Furthermore, YOU BLOCKED alex last night. That means he can't be a mafia roleblocker (which LK's claim imply exist) in addition to requiring that he not send in the kill.

I'm not going to re-iterate my defense to your accusation since we've been over it a dozen times. I'll simply point out that LK has admitted he was the scummiest player when I voted for him.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 8:56 am

Post by Light-kun »

qwints wrote:
Light-kun wrote:
I believe its been proven and beaten to death that you're the most suspicious, and if its the best way to push town forward, then voting for you is the best option.
I don't think you're scum
, but there's enough evidence presented by Red Coyote to support the theory that you're scum, so I'll go with it until a suitable defense is created.
(emphasis added)
WTF!?! There is NO excuse for voting for someone you don't think is scum at this point. There's no deadline pressure and he's not lurking. It's quite clear that BMQ is being pressured without your vote - especially when you admit you don't really believe in it.
FOS: Light-Kun
Oh yes, the two votes prior to my own were just so much pressure. And the fact I can't defend a guy feeling that he's town doesn't allow me to just not vote him. It's the best move to progress the game, and with one scum down, I don't quite understand why you wish to hinder votes on Brian. If Brian is scum, you're looking like scum with him.
alexhans wrote:
LK wrote:
I believe its been proven and beaten to death that you're the most suspicious, and if its the best way to push town forward, then voting for you is the best option.
I don't think you're scum
but there's enough evidence presented
by Red Coyote to support the theory that you're scum, so
I'll go with it until a suitable defense is created.
Woah...

dude... You're willing to vote someone who you don't think is scum because a pro town player made a good case???? WTF?
If you think the case is good you should think Brian is scum! or at least scummy enough to go for a vote.
This reads to me as: I know Brian isn't scum and I don't want to get stuck by his death. Added to that, we have the crossing of fingers stuff...

Do we have a doc? or just a Jailkeeper?
LK wrote: Alex: Half your post is dated since I realized my defense is null. (Brian doesn't see that apparently.)
my last post goes a little into the recent past and doesnt jsut look at the events after my previous last post. But what do you mean about Brian? What post exactly are you referring to and what is Brian supposed to see?
LK wrote: I do take responsibility for my vote. I'm voting him. If I wanted no responsibility, I wouldn't have voted.
It sure doesn't look like. Let's remind ourselves you voted half the people in the game yesterday... and now you're just saying that you vote scum although you don't think they're scum...

@LK: Can you answer PLEASE the question that I adressed to EVERYONE?
"[L-k says] that [he] vote
scum although [he] doesn't think they're scum."

That could be a slip that you know Brian is scum, but you're pushing for an Albert lynch?

Also, Red has zero reason to have gone with the cater lynch yesterday, if scum. He could have swung over and finished KK (unless also scum? In which case, make a third case to try and distract people?) but he didn't. So, I don't think he's town. In my book, Red is very close to confirmed town.

Second: Red's case on Brian has made sense and continues to be one of the best cases with the exception of "mafia members would try to just float through the day" logic I presented. However, Qwints, I THINK, stated that Brian said too much at the end of yesterday to NOT speak today. (In other words, Brian is being forced, regardless of alignment, to speak today.)

With that point defeated, the best move I can make is support that lynch sense my one reservation is defeated. As said earlier in this post: Gut feelings don't trump strong cases, and that is the end of subject as to the "WTF" factor of my vote.

As for your case on Albert: He better fits my description of scum, and I agree with your case as well. Since he did just vote Brian, that makes me feel a lot less uneasy about my vote. So, my question is: Is he scummier than Brian?

Brian's scumminess is roughly relative to the Cateraction incident, and how much (if any) of that can be excused, I don't know. His reactions today seem to be a denial of his interaction with (lack there of or lack of acknowledgment of) Cateraction. Cateraction=scum. Flusters reading to me like overwhelmed townie, but that may not be objective.

I would rate this about a 6/10 on the scumminess scale where all normal actions are 3 and against scum cases are 0.

Albert: Voted qwints without explanation. Fluffs and pushes the qwints wagon. Wagon hops onto Brian in the last few posts. Also little explanation. Gives reason on qwints' vote as "instinct." There might be something there.

Final note: Qwints, why must you paint my actions? Too weak to make a real case?

Unvote

RC, I want your opinion with the new influx of people back in the game.
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 7:15 pm

Post by afatchic »

Your Next Votecount
BrianMcQueso-(2)-RedCoyote, Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage-(2)-alexhans, Kublai Khan
qwints-(1)-hohum
Archon-(1)-qwints

Not voting-(4)-Skruffs, Archon, BrianMcQueso, Light-kun

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

I would really like activity to pick up,
so i guess i will be checking activity for prod purposes now.
Since it was a holiday weekend, I will be giving RedCoyote and Skruffs until this time tomorrow to post before i prod them.

I'm still looking for an Archon replacement. It would be very helpful if anyone could cross replace. PM me if you can, Thanks!
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 7:26 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Brian 662 wrote:@LK: You've spent a lot of time defending me for a bizarre switch like that. And "Crossing your fingers for scum blood"? You're acting like I've already been lynched! That's pretty bold for a second vote.
Does this deserve your vote?
Brian 662 wrote:Pardon me? I was capable of voting for either cateraction or KK (or, well anyone else). I voted for KK. How, in any way, is that not a choice?
When you never considered one of the possibilities, how are you really choosing anything?

---
alex 664 wrote:[Brian's] just sat down and expected us to vote qwints or someone else other than [him]... Why not try to scumhunt a little? Or [he] don't need to scumhunt to win?
Yes, yes, yes.
alex 664 wrote:I don't care if Albert plays to his meta or not...

He posts with content or he is replaced...
I can't tell you how to use your vote. Albert, technically, is a reasonable lynch today. I don't support the lynch, I think my experience with him leads me to a townread, but I can't argue that it's a
bad
lynch per se.
alex 664 wrote:DUDE!!! he SOFT-claimed!!! One of the five more scummy things to do...
No, I agree with you. qwints has not been the most town player here.
alex 664 wrote:What's the difference? That you have an excuse? People won't suspect you for "trying to out a PR" or something?
There's a big difference. If people started claiming whenever they felt like, not because they were about to be lynched, then the town could theoretically lose almost all of its power.
alex 664 wrote:
RC 657 wrote:From my point of view, a claim could only help their chances of survival, depending on what it is.
How?
Let's just say we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. A vanilla claim probably won't help Brian, but a power role may; I can't say for sure.

---
qwints 667 wrote:If you're asking what I think about having Brian and I claim - all I am willing to say is that I have a limited ability.
alex thinks this is reasonable, I think it's a little silly. qwints, I don't get why you bothered soft claiming when you did if you are afraid to go all out now.

---
alex 669 wrote:
Confirm vote Albert
Are you serious? He explained why he voted qwints. Perhaps not to your satisfaction, but he replied directly to you when he said that he found qwints scummy in a skim of the thread.

I saw nothing those showed me that Albert wasn't eventually going to give the thread a solid read.
alex 669 wrote:Anyone has a problem with that? tell me why.
I think you are moving too fast.

---
qwints 681 wrote:hohum, I really think you need to take a step back and take another look at the game, especially Brian's last pot on Day 1 and LK's reversal on Brian. These deserve more consideration than you're giving them. Alex (and you, for that matter) are simply not on the table for today's lynch. You both were instrumental in lynching the mafia godfather at the last minute. Furthermore, YOU BLOCKED alex last night. That means he can't be a mafia roleblocker (which LK's claim imply exist) in addition to requiring that he not send in the kill.
This is a very good post and an important reminder for the town in general as they try to assess the field for scum.

---
Light-kun 682 wrote:Second: Red's case on Brian has made sense and continues to be one of the best cases with the exception of "mafia members would try to just float through the day" logic I presented. However, Qwints, I THINK, stated that Brian said too much at the end of yesterday to NOT speak today. (In other words, Brian is being forced, regardless of alignment, to speak today.)

With that point defeated, the best move I can make is support that lynch sense my one reservation is defeated. As said earlier in this post: Gut feelings don't trump strong cases, and that is the end of subject as to the "WTF" factor of my vote.
This makes sense to me as a reasoned, thought-out switch of suspicions. Like alex and qwints, I had some reservations with Light-kun's sudden switch, but given what he's said here, and the fact that we've all patiently waited for someone else to present the town with another serious case, but nothing so far as really bubbled to the surface.

Face it, out of the four people I think most of us can reasonably agree to lynch (the KK vote minus Light-kun), Archon's replacement hasn't got a chance to get started, and qwints is looking more town helpful than he did in the past.

What's left, Albert and Brian, are now the two people I think should be chosen from today.
Light-kun 682 wrote:RC, I want your opinion with the new influx of people back in the game.
Well, I guess you would be most interested in my opinion on Albert. I've told alex before and I will tell you now, Albert appears to be playing to his town-meta. I can send you a link to the specific game I'm talking about, but that's about it. I've only played with Albert once before, and he was doing some of the same things that game that he is doing now.

Like alex, my immediate explanation for Albert's, uh, reactionary playstyle, was that it was scummy. I mean, literally, I did the same thing that alex did in post 669 here, I quoted virtually everything Albert said in an attempt to show how he's active lurking. It turned out that he was an instrumental town power role that game. I'm not so opposed to an Albert lynch that I will start throwing things across the room, but I've seen nothing to dissuade my suspicions of Brian either. I won't be content with leaving Brian alive.

Rest assured that if hohum didn't vote when he did yesterday, I'd want him gone. hohum has zero excuse, in my opinion, to be pushing alex the way he has this entire game. He doesn't like alex personally, and it definitely shows.

Unlike hohum, Albert has been willing to at least speak about Brian.

qwints gets a couple of town points for post 681.

[
Town
]---hohum--alex--KK-----Lightkun--Skruffs-[
]-Albert---qwints-Archon--------Brian--[
Scum
]
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 2:11 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

RedCoyote wrote:Well, I guess you would be most interested in my opinion on Albert. I've told alex before and I will tell you now, Albert appears to be playing to his town-meta. I can send you a link to the specific game I'm talking about, but that's about it. I've only played with Albert once before, and he was doing some of the same things that game that he is doing now.
Yeah, but his town-meta is easy to duplicate when he is scum. That's why he should be pressured. So far he's making his short posts with strong opinions and little details, then when someone questions him on it, he complains that questioning him is unfair because he's really busy with school. He's been repeating that pattern for 3 weeks now! And now he's stated that he won't be done with finals until after the deadline.

I'm fine with either a BrianMcQueso or an Albert B. Rampage lynch today.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 3:04 am

Post by alexhans »

hohum wrote:Alexhans has been beating me over the head with my meta most of the game, and he is starting to take a really piss poor attitude with other people than me in the lasts few posts. He has consistently torn my arguments apart to discredit me yet he maintains the stance that he's defending me. He's admitted as much as he admits that he thinks my play is week. He's continually trying to say things I'm saying and doing are scummy so that he can go "look, I told you so" no matter which way I flip.
:roll: aha... so...
- you don't like my attitude.
- I use meta.
- I think you're a poor player due to all the games we've been together (and now I have more example in a game Im reading where you flamed at people and then asked for replacement)
- I believe your claim.

How does any of this makes me scum? And you're overlooking everything else that has happened in the game... Did I buss Cater?
The only option that WOULD be plausible is that I could be an SK and you could've blocked me jailkeeping me. Therefore, only 1 nightkill. But you didn't even think of that...
hohum wrote:At minimum his condescending and combative "holier than thou" attitude is NOT HELPFUL.
So... I'm not helpful in your opinion... wanna lynch me for that?
Am I less helpful than Albert or Archon or Brian?
hohum wrote:Qwints seemed a bit over defensive at first and so I kept prodding. The more I prodded the more comfortable I felt about my vote. I especially didn't like the abandonment of the KK wagon, and his stances on LK at all, and I'm inclined to believe LK's claims.
We've been over this yesterday and you stop talking about it. You even recognized that LK was scummy. You completely backtracked and now you're back at qwints, again...
hohum wrote:Not sure a bmq lynch is as likely to be productive right now.
Why?
hohum wrote:
also the fact that alex is STILL using meta, this late in the game, really is scummy. Meta can be useful for helping make lynch decisions during D1 but by D2 there should be enough information in THIS game to draw a real case on.
I totally disagree. Meta can be used at any time to see how a player has reacted in the past and if he would do it again... It can be ESPECIALLY useful late in the game.
hohum wrote:If you can't support your positions on various people based on what's in THIS game by now as long as the thread is (28 pages now) without continually resorting to meta, then it's because your opinions are only convenient to you and not because you have convictions about them.
So... All my arguments have been meta??? :roll:
------------------------
LK to qwints wrote:Oh yes, the two votes prior to my own were just so much pressure. And the fact I can't defend a guy feeling that he's town doesn't allow me to just not vote him. It's the best move to progress the game, and with one scum down, I don't quite understand why you wish to hinder votes on Brian.
If Brian is scum, you're looking like scum with him.
mmmm... maybe it's a good idea to lynch brian after all... and remember this phrase... LK+Brian+Cater?
Remember... Doc is an easy fake claim and it can help out the REAL doc... plus, LK suggesting that he was a naive doc made me suspicious.
LK wrote: "[L-k says] that [he] vote
scum although [he] doesn't think they're scum."

That could be a slip that you know Brian is scum, but you're pushing for an Albert lynch?
Twice you've said Brian is scum in different scenarios to accuse first qwints and then me when you previously looked totally uncertain about his allignment...
LK wrote:As for your case on Albert: He better fits my description of scum, and I agree with your case as well.
Since he did just vote Brian, that makes me feel a lot less uneasy about my vote.
So, my question is: Is he scummier than Brian?
I don't follow your wording...
You dont feel uneasy with your vote on Brian because Albert voted him?
OR
You DO feel uneasy because Albert voted Brian?

mmmm look at Cater's post 344... When the LK waggon was going over the qwints waggon cater jumps of and tries to steerr the lynch again.
Cater 344 wrote:I don't feel comfortable voting for LK, because I can't convince myself that his play has been scummy. It's so frantic and confusing that I don't know what to think of him.

Qwints on the other hand, fits a scum role very well from what I've seen of him. He seemed very adamant about KK, which to me seemed like he was wearing blinders and coming to conclusions and then finding support. But he's seemed to forget about KK when he came under some questioning and pressure. I think he misread the general opinion on KK and when pressure came, he switched to LK, who is an easier case to make.
---------------------------------
qwints wrote:If you're asking what I think about having Brian and I claim - all I am willing to say is that I have a limited ability.
RC wrote:alex thinks this is reasonable, I think it's a little silly. qwints, I don't get why you bothered soft claiming when you did if you are afraid to go all out now.
QFT.
RC wrote:Are you serious? He explained why he voted qwints. Perhaps not to your satisfaction, but he replied directly to you when he said that he found qwints scummy in a skim of the thread.
You're right. It DOESNT satisfy me. No reasoning but vote qwints?? what did he expect? a confession?
RC wrote:I saw nothing those showed me that Albert wasn't eventually going to give the thread a solid read.
has he?
RC wrote:I think you are moving too fast.
I think some people are moving too slow, or too scummy.
RC wrote:Face it, out of the four people I think most of us can reasonably agree to lynch (the KK vote minus Light-kun),
Archon's replacement hasn't got a chance to get started
, and qwints is looking more town helpful than he did in the past.
This is highly relevant... we NEED a replacement. and We NEED skruffs to post here too. What's with the replacements activity anyway? (not you hohum)
RC wrote:Rest assured that if hohum didn't vote when he did yesterday, I'd want him gone. hohum has zero excuse, in my opinion, to be pushing alex the way he has this entire game. He doesn't like alex personally, and it definitely shows.
dude... You have one metaread on Albert and that makes you think he is town? well... I have 3 meta reads on hohum (1 unkown, 2 town) and I know that his playstyle is the same... Attacking whoever attacks him and getting easyly frustrated. Anyway, that doesn't make him town but his playstyle in this game plus the claim make me trust him despite all he can say against me.
RC wrote:Unlike hohum, Albert has been willing to at least speak about Brian.
Is he? He said 3 Empking-like phrases and voted Brian... And never even mentioned the past events of this game. That's not talking about Brian... And what happened with all the "brian makes sense" stuff?
-------------------

I agree wholeheartedly with KK's 685. (previous post)

SIDE NOTE: thanks for Advertising KK... I can't adv now because I'm advertising a mini mash game of my making... 3 spots left...(hint hint)
I'm back...
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 9:47 am

Post by Light-kun »

Kublai Khan wrote:
RedCoyote wrote:Well, I guess you would be most interested in my opinion on Albert. I've told alex before and I will tell you now, Albert appears to be playing to his town-meta. I can send you a link to the specific game I'm talking about, but that's about it. I've only played with Albert once before, and he was doing some of the same things that game that he is doing now.
Yeah, but his town-meta is easy to duplicate when he is scum. That's why he should be pressured. So far he's making his short posts with strong opinions and little details, then when someone questions him on it, he complains that questioning him is unfair because he's really busy with school. He's been repeating that pattern for 3 weeks now! And now he's stated that he won't be done with finals until after the deadline.

I'm fine with either a BrianMcQueso or an Albert B. Rampage lynch today.
I agree with this.

Red: I don't understand... if hohum has been unwilling to speak about Brian, why is he most town?

At Alex: Deconstructionism doesn't work on my posts. YOU WILL ALWAYS MISS THEIR POINT IF YOU BREAK THEM DOWN. (Also, I didn't say Brian is town or scum. I quoted someone else, hence the quotation marks. I also said "If Brian is scum" because Qwints was going out of his way for Brian a bit.

Anyway, thanks Red.

Vote Brian

Alex+Red put Albert as my Second suspect. These are the best cases, hands down.
Show
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 10:21 am

Post by afatchic »

By the way, deadline will be suspended until i can find a replacement.

If anyone would be interested in replacing into Riceballtail's Mini theme inventor mafia please PM me and i will try to set up a cross replacement. The reason i am asking is because i was actually the one to review his setup, so i can't cross-replace myself. However i can tell you that it is a pretty cool setup. Had i not reviewed it i would like to play in it.

Skruffs will be getting prodded right about now as well.
Last edited by afatchic on Tue May 26, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

KK 685 wrote:Yeah, but his town-meta is easy to duplicate when he is scum. That's why he should be pressured. So far he's making his short posts with strong opinions and little details, then when someone questions him on it, he complains that questioning him is unfair because he's really busy with school. He's been repeating that pattern for 3 weeks now! And now he's stated that he won't be done with finals until after the deadline.
Look, I don't want to come across as an Albert defender here. I want him to post more too, I want a lot of people to post more, frankly.

---
alex 686 wrote:LK+Brian+Cater?
Very possible. You know, the quote you pulled out from post 344 makes me think that either Light-kun or qwints is cater's partner.
alex 686 wrote:No reasoning but vote qwints?? what did [Albert] expect? a confession?
Far be it from me to speak for him, but perhaps he was gauging the town's reaction?
alex 686 wrote:
RC 684 wrote:I saw nothing those showed me that Albert wasn't eventually going to give the thread a solid read.
has he?
I don't know, you'd have to ask him.
alex 686 wrote:I think some people are moving too slow, or too scummy.
What do you mean by "too scummy"?
alex 686 wrote:dude... You have one metaread on Albert and that makes you think he is town?
He's playing like town, but I don't know what he is. I don't think he's the worst threat to this town at the moment.

---
Light-kun 687 wrote:Red: I don't understand... if hohum has been unwilling to speak about Brian, why is he most town?
Because of yesterday's vote.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 8:15 pm

Post by qwints »

unvote, vote Brian

Brian is clearly the better lynch than Albert. Albert has been unhelpful, while Brian has been scummy. The early scummy behavior Brian referred to justify his vote took place before post 147: KK's first 8 posts. Brian called KK's next 4 posts "good posts" (see Brian in post 167). Now, these first few posts are scummy, but if you're willing to defend KK from the first real wagon by unvoting and defending him, and find yourself "agreeing with [KK] more and more" (post 348), why the hell would you default to him as a lynch target?

Furthermore, brian
did
express suspicion of cat.
(Iso 12/ 167]
BrianMcQueso wrote: Cateraction's active defense of ppp has me concerned. While I'm against policy lynches, the way I would bring that up is vastly different. Compare the way ChiefSkye argued against a ppp lynch to Cat's:
Skye, 141 wrote:Personally, can't stand policy lynches. It's a perfect hiding place for scum. But, ppp (for unpolicy reasons) is not an entirely bad lynch.
Cat, 145 wrote:Honestly, I really don't think that ppp is scummy. I think he's annoying, yes, but that's no reason to lynch him. In my experience, the annoying players are very often town, who are trying to contribute but don't know how. Too often, scum can push for the lynch of these players by going for a policy lynch or painting their eagerness as scumminess.
I think Cat's laying the "ppp's probably innocent" on a little thick, considering you really can't know if he's innocent or not, regardless of ppp's behavior.

And as much as it pains me to say it, Kublai Khan is feeling better to me with time. Though I still think your early game play was suspect, your response to a lot of the accusations against you has been reasonable. Posts 147, 149, 153 and 155 are good posts.

unvote
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 8:29 pm

Post by qwints »

RC's done a good job laying out the case, but I think we can lynch Brian based solely on one huge inconsistency.
BrianMcQueso wrote: Cateraction's active defense of ppp has me concerned.

I think Cat's laying the "ppp's probably innocent" on a little thick, considering you really can't know if he's innocent or not, regardless of ppp's behavior.

And as much as it pains me to say it, Kublai Khan is feeling better to me with time. Though I still think your early game play was suspect, your response to a lot of the accusations against you has been reasonable. Posts 147, 149, 153 and 155 are good posts.
unvote
BrianMcQueso wrote: I'm really not buying the case against cateraction. Everyone has the instinct for self-preservation, regardless of alignment. And unvoting the doctor without re-voting is not scummy play.

While Kublai Khan has gotten a lot more pro-town as the game has progressed, his early play is deciding my vote. I'd rather see him lynched than cateraction, at this point.
vote: Kublai Khan
So for Brian at post 167, cater was concerning while KK felt better. KK then got "a lot more pro-town" over the rest of day 1 to Brian. But, when the deadline came, Brian preferred a KK lynch to a cateraction lynch. There's the smoking gun.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 11:28 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

qwints wrote:Furthermore, brian
did
express suspicion of cat.
(Iso 12/ 167]
I thought I had caught everything, but this quote must've slipped by me. Good find, qwints.

Brian put his neck out there for cater, his Godfather, with the hopes that one of the town members, likely hohum, would switch back to KK yesterday. This explanation makes so much more sense than Brian saying that he never considered cater at all, especially when you have the post that qwints just quoted.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 3:10 pm

Post by hohum »

I'm pondering qwints' comments on alex. he may have a point.

more qwints votes please.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 3:20 pm

Post by qwints »

Silly old bear.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 5:06 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Well, all we need is Brian's claim and we can progress to night...assuming someone else is willing to vote.
Show
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 5:57 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I think KK is willing to lynch him, hopefully we can convince alex that this is the best solution as well.

Albert, Skruffs, and Archon are gone, hohum is... hohum, and we can't expect Brian to vote himself.

Maybe if we're lucky the last mafia will be Brian and Archon or something like that.
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 6:01 pm

Post by afatchic »

Guess I'll be prodding Albert B. Rampage shortly if he doesn't post.
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by hohum »

RedCoyote wrote: hohum is... hohum, and we can't expect Brian to vote himself.
qwints wrote: Silly old bear.
I really have been useless this game :D

It's okay.

I mostly trust RC's judgement so I'm going to hammer. If I'm wrong you can lynch me tomorrow.

Unvote, Vote: Brian

Quote tags fixed by me!
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Post by hohum »

@RC: hope you'll be ready to spoon-feed my opinion to me tomorrow because I'll need some guidance.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”