Newbie 767 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Phelan
Phelan
Goon
Phelan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Phelan »

Sorry guys, having a busy weekend. :|
Reading.
Phelan
Phelan
Goon
Phelan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by Phelan »

Phelan wrote:
delathi wrote:I am still not certain about MordyS's claim.

However, assuming MordyS is telling the truth, Cojin moves to my #1 suspect based on three different player's individually and separately suspect actions.

Primarily, the thing keeping him from being the #1 suspect is the fact that my other #1 suspect is attacking him so vehemently.

A no lynch is bad also, and we are moving towards it rapidly.

Unvote
Vote : Cojin
What actions were those?
delathi, you missed this question...
Phelan
Phelan
Goon
Phelan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Phelan »

Platypus_Dude wrote:EBWOP:
Phelan wrote:By the way, Platypus, if you were here rereading on the last few hours of Day 2, why didn't you post to say you were?
I really didn't expect him to be hammered. Korlash had seemed content with his Archaist vote, and I didn't think Archaist would pop in, nevermind vote.
Platypus_Dude wrote:
Korlash wrote:I seemed content with my lack of reasonings and stupid questions? And it was Delathi that poped in, not Arch.
I'm not sure if I misread you comment or you misread my answer. You and Archaist were the only people that weren't voting Cojin at the time besides me. I didn't think either of you were going to hammer him.
delathi wrote:You were happy with a no lynch?
I meant that Korlash or Archaist hammering caught me off guard.
So you were expecting to hammer Cojin yourself? Or were you expecting Korlash and Archaist to let the deadline hit?
Phelan
Phelan
Goon
Phelan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Phelan »

Korlash, MordyS, I understand what you are doing, but I don't like it.

Mod: Can we have a prod on Archaist?
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by Platypus_Dude »

Phelan wrote:So you were expecting to hammer Cojin yourself? Or were you expecting Korlash and Archaist to let the deadline hit?
I was planning to hammer him myself.

I'm not sure if I said this, but my suspicion of delathi has gone down.

MordyS: Do you think delathi is 'flying under the radar'?
"Platypus_Dude: I thought you played well throughout." - Incognito
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 9:42 pm

Post by MordyS »

Yes. I think a lot of people are flying under the radar. In fact, everyone but Korlash and Phelan has been practically MIA since day one. Which doesn't just mean that scum are hiding out. It means townies are hiding out too. I don't really understand why.
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 4:44 am

Post by Archaist »

Korlash wrote:So is your case on me vote hoping or simply voting you without a reason? I need to know what to defend against don't I?
It's both.
Korlash wrote:The harder you attack me for this the more opportunities I get to build on it.
When I read this I got the feeling that you voted me with purposely little reason in order to get me to vigorously defend myself, thereby giving you more opportunities to attack me and further your case, ignoring the fact that you had no case upon which to vote me in the first place.
MordyS wrote:If it turned out that Archaist and Platypus were the scum pair, they will have essentially remained under the radar the entire game, escaping any serious pressure by simply not showing up. So I'm not sure what to do but try to force Archaist to try to show up - albeit a bit late in the game.
So if you think both Platypus and I are suspicious, why vote me instead of Platypus? What separates the two of us?
Korlash wrote:Somebody gets me... o.o *look of awe*
You're clearly trying to buddy up with MordyS here by trying to make him feel "special" that he got something the IC was doing.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 5:33 am

Post by Korlash »

Arch wrote:When I read this I got the feeling that you voted me with purposely little reason in order to get me to vigorously defend myself, thereby giving you more opportunities to attack me and further your case, ignoring the fact that you had no case upon which to vote me in the first place.
Actually I've been waiting for you to actually ask me what my reasons for voting you were and are and you have yet to do that. Yesterday I voted you and you didn't seem to care why, today you suddenly find it vote back worthy which is inconsistent. The only difference is an extra town death bringing the game to mislynch and lose status. The fact you are now, today, more interesting in calling me scum then actually finding out my reason kinda shows you care less about the scum hunting process and more about just making a case that calls someone scum, the one someone I know for a fact is town. My only conclusion is that you are thusly in fact scum.

As for your actual point, no. You can't defend yourself if I don't provide reasons so this entire line of thought from you is faulty. if I wanted you to vigorously defend yourself I would have said something, anything. I said nothing. And I haven't ignored the fact I had no case, I think I've mentioned that fact at least twice myself.
Arch wrote:So if you think both Platypus and I are suspicious, why vote me instead of Platypus? What separates the two of us?
Besides how you spell your name?
Arch wrote:You're clearly trying to buddy up with MordyS here by trying to make him feel "special" that he got something the IC was doing.
It's funny how you turned that into an IC thing when I in no way mentioned my being an IC at all in the quote you posted. If you replaced "the IC" with "You" what you say here might actually make sense. As you instead choose to make it an IC issue you have thusly proven when making points about or to me you don't stay within fact, you manufacture false points to give your attacks and comments more... omph...

And as for the point itself, it's probably true, but the buddying is not intentional. I do posts like that all the time, it's just my natural playstyle. I like to think it's a strategy. But as little as I care about my own meta I care even less about the validicity of this point. If I was scum I wouldn't need to buddy up to Mordy. He's already voting WITH me, me and Plat have a history in which I beat him so I already like to think I have his respect, and Phelan has more or less seemed to agree with me on almost everything this entire game. You factor in Del's lack of any real interest in me ever and the fact I'm voting you and it ends up I have no one important against me. I don't need to buddy up with anyone at this point. And of course counter to that arguement, if I believe Mordy the doctor why wouldn't I buddy up to him? If I assume him to be the doctor then I must also assume him to be town. Doing that makes him look like part of my team and so I see him as an ally. It's only natural to be buddy buddy with your allys. That's why we gave Bussing it's own term, because it's such an unnatural thing.

so theres three distinct arguments as to why buddy buddy talk doesn't even come close to suggesting I'm scum and an arguement as to why the way you pushed that point makes you scum. All in all a pretty good day I think.
arch wrote:It's both.
So prevening a mislynch is scummy? The only vote hoping is me hammering Cojin which if I didn't the town would have No Lynched. (Which is regardless of what Plat might or might not have done becuase that didn't factor into me making that vote.) In order to call my vote hoping scummy you have to prove I didn't have good reason to vote hop onto Cojin, which you can't becuase I did have good reason. Albeit not a reason of him being scum, but a good reason none the less.

As for the voting without reason I'll point out once again you have never asked me once what my reasons were proving you don't care, and you cant find it scummy if you don't care. Quid pro Quo, contradiction via omission. In my actual vote on you you completely ignore my reasons and instead focus all of your time on the question, a question any sane person would realize was rhetorical and not meant to get a real answer. Yesterday the only responce to my vote was to answer the question. Today your reasons given for voting me dealt primarily or at least in excess with said question.

I find it very hard to believe you find my lack of reasons for voting you a scummy act yet you care more about a rhetorical question then actually finding out both if I had reasons and what those reasons were. Just doesn't make sense.

Also my last point of the day, if you were town and you did think not having reason to vote you was scummy then you would and should have at least first tried to find out if I did in fact have a reason. You didn't. You instead choose to simply rush into the attacking me of having no reasons.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
delathi
delathi
Townie
delathi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 10:40 am

Post by delathi »

Phelan wrote:
Phelan wrote:
delathi wrote:I am still not certain about MordyS's claim.

However, assuming MordyS is telling the truth, Cojin moves to my #1 suspect based on three different player's individually and separately suspect actions.

Primarily, the thing keeping him from being the #1 suspect is the fact that my other #1 suspect is attacking him so vehemently.

A no lynch is bad also, and we are moving towards it rapidly.

Unvote
Vote : Cojin
What actions were those?
delathi, you missed this question...
No, I didn't miss it.
I'd already talked about it.
Wolf did his "I have my reasons suspicion"
Mikey had his fast hammer
Cojin had his own caveleir attitude.

Oh, by the way.
Vote : Archaist
I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything.
Phelan
Phelan
Goon
Phelan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Phelan »

Also by the way:
Vote: Archaist
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by MordyS »

That's four, which is a lynch, right?

delathi
delathi
Townie
delathi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by delathi »

MordyS wrote:That's four, which is a lynch, right?
That is the expectation.
Archaist
Archaist
Goon
Archaist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by Archaist »

I see several people rushed in to vote without giving me a chance to reply to Korlash's post; not very pro-town on their parts. I am a vanilla townie. Since I'm dead though, I won't waste time making my reply.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by Claus »

Archaist has been lynched!

Unfortunately, he was a
Vanilla Townie

Night actions, please?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 7:03 pm

Post by Claus »

- You got lucky yesterday, but your luck has ran out, Mordy!
- No! Get away!

*BAM, BAM*

- That was harder than we expected, huh?

Korlash and Platipus_Dude heard the shots coming from the back of the plane during the night. The "fasten your seatbelts" sign was still on, but they decided to ignore it, and rush to the sounds.

They found the bloodied body of Mordy_S in the Aisle. Above the body were delathi and Phelan, the first still holding a smoking gun to his hand. Before Korlash could even crack a joke about it, delathi spoke up:

- Ding Dong,
the doctor
is dead. Who is going to protect you now?

====
Game over! Phelan and Delathi,
Mafia,
Win!
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 7:06 pm

Post by Claus »

Thanks all for participating in the game, and for taking my screw-up in good sport! Hope to see you all in the next game!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by Korlash »

I guessed wrong then. I believed both scum to be on one of the two wagons and I picked day one over day two. *snaps fingers* oh well.

Nice to see I can be completely wrong sometimes. Awesome...

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 7:25 pm

Post by Korlash »

Oh right I should probably mention GG to you guys. I have a hard time going after the less active people so Del slipped by me. I had suspicoons of Phelan with his constant agreeing with me but I always found something else in someone else.

While I could say the mod error screwd me up a bit I doubt today would have played out too differently regardless. I can really say I'm sad we lost Porkens though... He might have been able to keep me in line...

delathi
delathi
Townie
delathi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 2:18 am

Post by delathi »

The mod error did make for extra interesting stuff and I think there was a bit of overcorrection on it. We were given day talk access on day three and that allowed the coordinated hammer on archaist, without it, there was a decent chance khorlash or mordy would have pulled their vote before the other of us would have hammered.
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 5:17 am

Post by Platypus_Dude »

o_O

I looked at the thread and was like, 'The only people who aren't voting Archaist are me, delathi, and Phelan. The game can't be over." So, I was completely surprised by the scum pair, and I was indeed busy/not paying attention for most of the game. :(

How did you two get your votes 1 minute apart from each other? And why did you choose Porkens?

Korlash: At the start of Day 3, I thought you were the cop because you didn't go after me from the get-go.
"Platypus_Dude: I thought you played well throughout." - Incognito
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 5:58 am

Post by MordyS »

Definitely the mod error made things a bit more difficult. I'm really glad Korlash wasn't the scum tho. After Porkens died (and I failed to save him), I was really concerned that now the only IC left would be scum, and as it was my first game, it seemed like that would be it. It seems more fair somehow that Korlash was Town like the rest of us.

Also, congratz to Phelan and Delathi, though I have to say: This is going to strengthen my inclination to attack early and often people who fly under the radar. If Archaist had been vocal sooner, I think we could have avoided a mislynch on him (and if everyone who took over Wolf's bit didn't do something suspicious, we could have done the same). I gotta reread the game now, knowing what I know. I suspect Phelan might turn some hints up, but Delathi - you really did not post much!

delathi
delathi
Townie
delathi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 5:58 am

Post by delathi »

Platypus_Dude wrote:o_O

I looked at the thread and was like, 'The only people who aren't voting Archaist are me, delathi, and Phelan. The game can't be over." So, I was completely surprised by the scum pair, and I was indeed busy/not paying attention for most of the game. :(

How did you two get your votes 1 minute apart from each other? And why did you choose Porkens?

Korlash: At the start of Day 3, I thought you were the cop because you didn't go after me from the get-go.
We got the votes one minute apart because Claus gave us daytalk ability during day 3 and we coordinated to be on and do the 2 part vote fast enough that MordyS and Khorlash wouldn't have time to see Archaist at L-1 and pull one of their votes off before the hammer.

Porkins was chosen because we thought he'd be hard to lynch and he was experienced and seemed to know what he was doing.

I'll see if there is any problem with posting a link to the secret scum thread.
delathi
delathi
Townie
delathi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 6:02 am

Post by delathi »

MordyS wrote:Also, congratz to Phelan and Delathi, though I have to say: This is going to strengthen my inclination to attack early and often people who fly under the radar. If Archaist had been vocal sooner, I think we could have avoided a mislynch on him (and if everyone who took over Wolf's bit didn't do something suspicious, we could have done the same). I gotta reread the game now, knowing what I know. I suspect Phelan might turn some hints up, but Delathi - you really did not post much!
No, I didn't, mostly the newness of it really. Trying to figure out how to attack while knowing my attacks were invalid. Which is why I was coming up with the random crap analysis that I did and poking you with what I could find.
muzzz
muzzz
Goon
muzzz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 9:38 am

Post by muzzz »

GG, mobsters.

I enjoyed reading the past two days. Some parts were pretty funny, from an observer's perspective. Although being completely wrong is a bit of a pain.
Most justified random vote ever:
"Vote: muzzz for making my girlfriend think you were me" - Rai
Phelan
Phelan
Goon
Phelan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by Phelan »

Korlash wrote:Oh right I should probably mention GG to you guys. I have a hard time going after the less active people so Del slipped by me. I had suspicoons of Phelan with his constant agreeing with me but I always found something else in someone else.
Duly noted. I think I agreed with the IC's more than I should.

I tried to play this game with a town mindset, without actually voting for delathi. I only noticed I was ignoring delathi too much when it was actually noticeable.
Platypus_Dude wrote:o_O

delathi has answered the first part.
Because I thought he would be hard to lynch, and delathi saying that Porkens and Korlash together would be hard to deal with.
MordyS wrote:Definitely the mod error made things a bit more difficult. I'm really glad Korlash wasn't the scum tho. After Porkens died (and I failed to save him), I was really concerned that now the only IC left would be scum, and as it was my first game, it seemed like that would be it. It seems more fair somehow that Korlash was Town like the rest of us.

Also, congratz to Phelan and Delathi, though I have to say: This is going to strengthen my inclination to attack early and often people who fly under the radar. If Archaist had been vocal sooner, I think we could have avoided a mislynch on him (and if everyone who took over Wolf's bit didn't do something suspicious, we could have done the same). I gotta reread the game now, knowing what I know. I suspect Phelan might turn some hints up, but Delathi - you really did not post much!
I probably will. Without rereading, the feeling I got from this game is that I kept seeing people say that such and such is scummy, and started to try and avoid it. I think I learned a lot from this game. :)
delathi wrote:I'll see if there is any problem with posting a link to the secret scum thread.
I've seen other games where it was posted. I don't think there's a problem. Here it is: http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/BwF4R9SnFUmR
As you can see, I kind of disagree with giving us unlimited daytalk abilities. But I might be biased, since I wanted to play cop and lynch Platypus. :P
muzzz wrote:GG, mobsters.

I enjoyed reading the past two days. Some parts were pretty funny, from an observer's perspective. Although being completely wrong is a bit of a pain.
Thanks. What parts?

I want to thank Korlash and Porkens for all they taught me, and the people who replaced in. Especially Cojin, who didn't have much of a chance from the get go.
Thanks for modding, Claus.

Also a note: MordyS, I never suspected you of having a power role, so well done there. I kept looking at Archaist and Platypus as the possible people with a power role.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”