MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

image wrote:Well, yes, I am trying to call SSK's vote a blatant wagon hop. I see it as such; he provided no reasoning for why he thinks I am scum. In fact, he went from calling me TOWN to agreeing that I am the scummiest unclaimed player without even mentioning me once in the interim. I want to hear why, because it looks very scummy on his part.

At any rate, I'm not trying to alter MafiaSSK's views by means of that question, so it fails the definition of push polling. Regardless of my alignment, can you think of any reason why it is good to have SSK not explain his votes?
Rereading through a certain user can change views.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by image »

Xylthixlm wrote:Ok. Our interaction "seems off". That has you confident enough that we're scumbuddies that it doesn't matter to you which order we're lynched in. Do I have that right?
The interaction between you seems off, and I believe you are each individually pretty scummy. These things together have made me confident enough that you are both scum that yes, I am willing to lynch you in either order.
"Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about?"
--The Doctor
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by image »

@MafiaSSK: I'm not saying you aren't allowed to change your views. I would like to know
why
you changed your views.
"Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about?"
--The Doctor
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by ortolan »

I'm not getting the "I'm a mislynch" vibe from image
image (2664) wrote:You should be detracting from a healthy bandwagon if, in your opinion, (as you had seemed to claim) it is not a good lynch for the day.
True, I'm not perfect. Mislynching Nuwen has thankfully allowed me to narrow down my reads to the likely correct scumteam though :)
image (2664) wrote:The reason my post contained a lot of questions and not a lot of case was because I was suspicious of Xyl but unsure of the read. A lot of his reasoning seems to deal more with meta and gut, and he waffles much. This enforces my suspicions. I particularly disliked the way he switched from saying that lynching nuwen was a bad idea to driving for her lynch, despite admitting he himself did not see this as the ideal wagon. His argument was that he didn't want to detract from the elvis/rofl wagon since he thought both of them were town, but they had both stated that they thought I was scum has well.
I don't see how you can expect to make anything of this without studying his meta.
image (2664) wrote:We should not discount peoples reasoning merely because they got killed, especially in the case of DGB, as her death was not entirely, and perhaps not at all, scum controlled. She was not killed to introduce WIFOM about her scum list, but Xyl saying we should flat out ignore it regardless of her alignment strikes me as scummy.
We should ignore it because it's probably all wrong.
image (2676) wrote:The interaction between you seems off, and I believe you are each individually pretty scummy. These things together have made me confident enough that you are both scum that yes, I am willing to lynch you in either order.
Scum. Isn't your only point against me that I supposedly "flip-flopped" on Xyl (which wouldn't be much of a point against me really cause I'd never played with Xyl before this game and he has something of an unconventional playing style seemingly- I did comment on this earlier in the game). As elvis pointed out I was on the zwet wagon, and did originally vote antihero (who got quicklynched for lurking when I wasn't here) rather than ?Malyss? Apparently you're willing to ignore these facts in favour of me expressing a gut read if nothing else on Xyl when someone else was about to be lynched; and supporting the Nuwen wagon even though it was my second favourite wagon (after yourself).
image (2664) wrote:My current suspicions are Xyl + Ort + 1 mason (+ 1 non-mason if there are 4 scum)
Convenient that you express no doubt of the unconfirmed power-roles in a setup with nothing but mountainous flips thus far.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by Ether »

Day 4, Block 1, Votecount 9 wrote:4 image (Xylthixlm, ortolan, elvis_knits, MafiaSSK)
2 Xylthixlm (populartajo, image)
1 MafiaSSK (Empking)

2 Unvote (Kinetic, Stephoscope)

9 alive; 5 to lynch.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

ortolan wrote:I'm not getting the "I'm a mislynch" vibe from image
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

4. Xylthixlm - now
5. image - Sat May 23, 2009 16:39:21
8. MafiaSSK - Sat May 23, 2009 16:35:43
9. Empking - Fri May 22, 2009 12:27:42
12. elvis_knits - Sat May 23, 2009 11:17:08
13. Kinetic - Fri May 22, 2009 13:24:14
14. Stephoscope - Sat May 23, 2009 13:33:50
15. populartajo - Fri May 22, 2009 16:05:12
17. ortolan - Sat May 23, 2009 17:50:29

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 8:41 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Hey, here, reading more, got caught up in something yesterday that was SUPPOSED to be half the day, ended up taking the whole day.

I see image is at -1, I'm thinking of dropping the hammer because he was high on my list of possible scum. Not sure if we should leave the powers issue until later, but it might truly be a non-issue...

When I get done I'll either hammer or say why I didn't hammer.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 9:35 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Wow, if anyone would have read the first few pages they would have known DGB wasn't scum because of this vote:

1 DrippingGoofball (zwetschenwasser)

Continuing a few more targeted reads right now before I place my vote:
image wrote:Wow, I missed the opening of the thread, and there are already three pages...

It occurs to me that if we manage to lynch two people within 72 hours, scum cannot possibly gain lurker points that day. This strikes my as a net loss, though, due to the rushed play it would force.

Also, I agree that policy lynching people who have not posted for 72 hours is a good strategy for now. It will be important to reconsider, though, if we reach a day that is undoubtably the last day. (ie. 5 or fewer people alive at start of day and no chance of no lynch)

I'm going to
Vote: DGB
for suggesting a wagon on people who haven't checked the thread within the first five hours of its opening, in "anticipation of their lurking".
Hate this post with a vengeance.

-----

Alright, here is my view on the game so far, which may change again:

Elvis/Ort are highest on my non-scum list.

Xyl is pretty high on my town list as well.

Not really liking a lot of Pop's posts that I have read. The claim is keeping me from lynching her, but I really feel like we should test one of Pop or Emp. Neither are high on my list, although I'd rather test on Pop then Emp because of the posts I've read.

I think one or both of SSK or Steph (yes, even though they are masons with me) could be scum. I'm not sure if SSK is playing the bus on image or if Steph is playing the "stay off the townie lynch" though. Image's flip will give me a little more insight.

Of the two I hate Steph's play more, but I'm not sure if that is indicative of scum and my guys says SSK is more likely scum.

That leaves image. Of the vanilla claimed townies (Xyl, Elvis, Ort, image) you are by far the scummiest in my book.

In a scum team of three-remaining I can only see two possibilities where you are not scum (that would be SSK/Steph, Emp, Pop or SSK, Steph, Pop), while I see only one possibility in a four player scum team of you not being scum (SSK, Steph, Pop, Emp). Because of the reliance on so many power roles being scum, and the fact that I know at least one power role is not scum (myself), I can conclude that the likelihood of those possibilities are small.

Thus, there are many more pairings for you as scum (as a three player team my personal favorite is (SSK, Pop, image), and I think at this point with the players currently voting you I feel reasonably sure your lynch is a good one.

vote:image
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 9:54 pm

Post by ortolan »

Kinetic (2683) wrote:Alright, here is my view on the game so far, which may change again:

Elvis/Ort are highest on my non-scum list.

Xyl is pretty high on my town list as well.
This, along with the hammer, is pleasing. We've got two groups both of whom largely have the same suspects amongst themselves, and one group is smaller.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 5:00 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I think that was a good lynch... waiting to find out...
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 5:13 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

I will be extremely surprised if image flips town.

Kinetic's analysis looks good. I'm a little suspicious of the two groups reasoning. I need a reread on ortolan.

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 5:22 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Kinetic wrote:I think one or both of SSK or Steph (yes, even though they are masons with me) could be scum.
Kinetic is probably scum. He is trying way too hard. Look at this statement of the obvious. OMG A MASON MIGHT BE SCUM??
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 5:30 am

Post by Kinetic »

Stephoscope wrote:
Kinetic wrote:I think one or both of SSK or Steph (yes, even though they are masons with me) could be scum.
Kinetic is probably scum. He is trying way too hard. Look at this statement of the obvious. OMG A MASON MIGHT BE SCUM??
Umm, So I express something other people have expressed before? Steph, what exactly the issue? I agree with a statement that has been expressed before?

You're acting just a tad bit ridiculous.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 5:40 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Stephoscope wrote:
I agree Kinetic is scummy, but I don't like your reasoning. "Trying too hard" seems too much like a fallacy, like someone being "too townie" or being "overdefensive."

Although it's possible you're just not explaining it right (whatever problem you have with him).
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 5:47 am

Post by Stephoscope »

elvis_knits wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:
I agree Kinetic is scummy, but I don't like your reasoning. "Trying too hard" seems too much like a fallacy, like someone being "too townie" or being "overdefensive."

Although it's possible you're just not explaining it right (whatever problem you have with him).
Well, keep in mind it's the impression I've had of him for a while. He hopped right into the mason quicktopic and started "scumhunting", despite the fact that I'm unconvinced there's any point to doing it in a room of unconfirmed masons, and despite the fact that I'd agree with your analysis that the masons have been useless (I'm trying to help out as best I can as a townie, but I still have no idea exactly how this mason role can be used to the town's advantage.)
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 5:53 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I would like to know how he was "scumhunting." I understand we've had this argument before about not quoting things. But I think some sort of general statement of his actions should be okay.

Personally, this is one thing that bothered me about his recent post:
kinetic wrote:I think one or both of SSK or Steph (yes, even though they are masons with me) could be scum. I'm not sure if SSK is playing the bus on image or if Steph is playing the "stay off the townie lynch" though. Image's flip will give me a little more insight.
I don't like the second part of this because he's setting up a situation where one of them looks like scum no matter what.

Also, didn't Steph offer to hammer? So I don't think he's trying to "stay off the townie lynch." I think kinetic's framing his actions to serve his own ends here.
Talk nerdy to me.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 5:57 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

The argument that the quicktopic is pointless and you should just talk in thread only applies if you
actually talk in thread

I'd love a summary of what happened in the quicktopic.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 6:00 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Day 4, Block 1, Votecount 10, FINAL VOTECOUNT wrote:5 image (Xylthixlm, ortolan, elvis_knits, MafiaSSK, Kinetic)
2 Xylthixlm (populartajo, image)
1 MafiaSSK (Empking)

1 Not Voting(Stephoscope)

9 alive; 5 to lynch.
IMAGE WAS LYNCHED. HE WAS A VANILLA TOWNIE.

It is now Block 2.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 6:01 am

Post by ortolan »

that's horrid

going to bed now
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 6:02 am

Post by Empking »

elvis_knits wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:

Being over defensive isn't a fallacy.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 6:02 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 6:03 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Vote: Kinetic
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 6:05 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Stephoscope wrote:
Vote: Kinetic
Last period your start-of-period fellow mason vote was MafiaSSK. What changed your mind?

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 6:07 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

image coming up town reduces some of the suspicion I have on ortolan.

Stephoscope, Kinetic, MafiaSSK: Scumlists. Now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”