Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 10:31 am

Post by Incognito »

Vote Count #2 of Day 2

AceMarksman (1) <-~ Albert B. Rampage

Not voting (6) <-~ Nuwen, AceMarksman, populartajo, springlullaby, ekiM, hp [leaves]

With 7 living, 4 will do it.

[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 7:15 pm

Post by Nuwen »

Finals weekend/week and extra shifts, sorry all. I'll switch to using Mafia as my primary form of procrastination this weekend (rather than playing endless hours of Peggle and drawing frogaphants).
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 3:04 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

ekiM wrote:
hp wrote:The extreme speed of my wagon also increases the chance that I'm the Chosen (or the first post I made. Revealing the entire scumteam.). I hope I'm not.
Do you think the looming deadline might have had something to do with it?

They were pushing for the lurker's lynch when there was a better option: Law the scummy flip-flopper. So I think it's likely.

I'm mad suspicious of anyone saying "Oh, I'm probably the Chosen, guys, so we best not lynch me". Hp-Law bus is not out of the question here.
hp wrote:There is also a link between [Law] and populartajo so I want tomorrow's lynch to be [Tajo].
Explain this.

Law flip-flopped many times on Tajo. I see that as a connection. It was most likely scum buddying up a townie, though.

hp wrote:Lynchlist analysis: Law's scummate was bussing him.
Please give some reasoning when you state conclusions like this. Just asserting things doesn't help us much.

1) Scum wants me to get lynched.
2) Everyone wanted me lynched also wanted Law lynched.
3) Bus.
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 6:17 am

Post by Incognito »

Bumping past thread locks (not to be confused with dreadlocks).
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 5:10 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Anyone cares to post?
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 7:25 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Unvote, Vote ekiM

obvscum
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 11:50 am

Post by Incognito »

Prods going out to all except Nuwen and hp [leaves].
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 11:51 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Hi. Busy days ahead.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

sorry about needing prodding all, I was hiking in the mountains over the weekend and forgot to announce it.
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

My record: W/L/T/A
Overall:5/2/0/1
Town:5/2/0/1
Scum:0/0/0/0
3rd Party:0/0/0/0
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 3:48 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

ABR can you tell us what you think about Tajo?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 3:50 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

hp [leaves] wrote:ABR can you tell us what you think about Tajo?
I think that in this game like in his life, tajo could go both ways.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 4:20 am

Post by ekiM »

Ace wrote:I was calling it as I saw it. ABR is an erratic player, and I made the comment that what he said looked like scum proactively protecting his partner. I wasn't trying to set up two lynches.
You're really just asserting your innocence here.
Ace wrote:Besides, your scenario is stupid because that would make me a target the day after and there are only two scum.
Scum never do things that draw suspicion to them? Depends what the pay-off is, I think.

Ace, any explanation for what was going on with 310--313?
hp wrote:They were pushing for the lurker's lynch when there was a better option: Law the scummy flip-flopper. So I think it's likely.
That's easy to say in retrospect. At least three townies were voting for you, for quite legitimate reasons. You've just admitted you were lurking. Why were you lurking?
hp wrote:
ekiM wrote:
hp wrote:There is also a link between [Law] and populartajo so I want tomorrow's lynch to be [Tajo].
Explain this.
Law flip-flopped many times on Tajo. I see that as a connection. It was most likely scum buddying up a townie, though.
Huh? If you think Law was buddying up to Tajo-town, why do you want today's lynch to be Tajo? This makes no sense.
hp wrote:1) Scum wants me to get lynched.

2) Everyone wanted me lynched also wanted Law lynched.

3) Bus.
I don't follow this.
hp [leaves] wrote:
Unvote, Vote ekiM

obvscum
Because?

Is this your usual MO? Wouldn't it be better to give some reasons behind your posts when you make them, rather than waiting for someone to ask?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 4:23 am

Post by populartajo »

Im here catching up all I missed in the weekend.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 4:26 am

Post by AceMarksman »

310 was the only important one. Law claimed that he was the chosen when it wasn't possible for him to know that. 311-313 are me making clarifications of votes and such.
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 7:10 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

My vote has done its duty.
Unvote
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 7:19 am

Post by AceMarksman »

hp [leaves] wrote:My vote has done its duty.
Unvote
care to explain this?
Show
Words to live by.

hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 7:32 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Thread needed activity. I random voted.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Vote Ace

I collected the Law/Ace interraction in a pbpa but can't put my hand on the file right now.

Anyway

->See Lawrencelot flipflop vote on Ace. My stand on this is that Law is too experienced to be so bad as to do that kind of flip flop as scum without a real motive. I think that what happened there was that he figured it wouldn't matter as he was voting his buddy, and thought that it would help his camp anyway if one of them flipped.
->It is also true that each time he voted/unvoted Ace was following a moment in which Ace was garnering attention/pressure was easing on Ace. This would be consistent with someone wanting to secure a good non-bus looking vote on a buddy, but not really wanting to push the case on them.
->See also the case Lawrencelot wrote on Ace, and compare it to his certainty of tone while voting Tajo later in the day.
->On Ace's side, see both time he drew a link between ABR and Law in an incongruous manner and without justification in the middle of the day whereas there was only 3 votes on Law. I think what happened there was that Ace got a bit panicky about Law getting lynched, and tried to set up a mislynch.

->There are also multiple individual scumtell on Ace's part, I still think what I wrote about him yesterday is true. Plus, the total lack of initiative today. Though it's true Tajo and Nuwen have been crappy at this as well.

Anyway my scumscale in order would be

SCUM
^
I AceMarksman: see above
I
I Nuwen: really crappy contribution
I
I hp leaves: I'm thinking stupid town, though
I
I populartajo: I'm thinking ego town, but possibly intelligent enough to fake it
I
I Albert B. Rampage: chance of being fake low, but who knows
I ekiM: good contrib so far, a little under the radar maybe
v
TOWN
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

Spring, that's one hell of a bullshit case you've got there, lemme tell ya.
spring wrote:See Lawrencelot flipflop vote on Ace. My stand on this is that Law is too experienced to be so bad as to do that kind of flip flop as scum without a real motive. I think that what happened there was that he figured it wouldn't matter as he was voting his buddy, and thought that it would help his camp anyway if one of them flipped.
I'm sorry, but wasn't law's flip-flopping one of the reasons I voted him in the first place? This entire point is WIFOM and boils down to "Law is too experienced to flip flop like that except for on his scumbuddy." No, this is not a strawman of your argument, it is an accurate summary. Furthermore, this is a load of bull because if law is as experianced as you claim (which I failed to see from his play yesterday), then he would know not to flip-flop like that as scum. Why do you think that he would only flip-flop on a scum buddy?
spring wrote:It is also true that each time he voted/unvoted Ace was following a moment in which Ace was garnering attention/pressure was easing on Ace. This would be consistent with someone wanting to secure a good non-bus looking vote on a buddy, but not really wanting to push the case on them.
This was another point I was pushing against law. This point is both bullshit and unfair. It is bullshit in connection with your first point as you claim law to have some experience in the game of mafia. If this is true, then he wouldn't try and so obviously bus his parter especially when I called him out on it. Law was scum trying for an easy lynch. It's unfair because it's an argument against me that I can't truly defend against because it hinges on someone else's actions. You have just decided to contort the circumstances to paint me in the worst possible light. That is not a pro-town course of action.
spring wrote:See also the case Lawrencelot wrote on Ace, and compare it to his certainty of tone while voting Tajo later in the day.
again, contorting law's actions to paint me as scum.
spring wrote:On Ace's side, see both time he drew a link between ABR and Law in an incongruous manner and without justification in the middle of the day whereas there was only 3 votes on Law. I think what happened there was that Ace got a bit panicky about Law getting lynched, and tried to set up a mislynch.
This is the ONE SINGLE POINT against me that I ACTUALLY SAID. That said, it is horribly misconstrued. It did look like ABR was chainsaw defending/proactively protecting law, and you're calling me scummy for pointing this out?
spring wrote:There are also multiple individual scumtell on Ace's part, I still think what I wrote about him yesterday is true.
No, bad spring. No blanketing suspicions. I want specific quotes with detailed analysis.
spring wrote:Plus, the total lack of initiative today
Oh wow this is what, your first post today? Who lacks initiative? Plus, I was hiking over the weekend.

So, in a nutshell, your case against me boils down to law's attempted quick/easy lynch of a townie (me) implementing me as his scumpartner. I do believe that is a load of crap, tyvm.
FoS:spring
for the moment, I'll have to go back and look for connections between spring and law before I place my vote there.
Show
Words to live by.

springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Yeah, pretty sure I'm arguing with scum. If anyone beside Ace want me to answer, please ask, and I'll do.

Mod: a round of prod again please
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 2:51 am

Post by Incognito »

Nuwen has been prodded.
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 8:00 am

Post by AceMarksman »

springlullaby wrote:Yeah, pretty sure I'm arguing with scum. If anyone beside Ace want me to answer, please ask, and I'll do.
I don't think that you should need anyone else to tell you to respond, thank you.
Show
Words to live by.

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by populartajo »

Spring and ABR, Ace is probtown. Look at these quotes and tell me what do you think:
AceMarksman wrote:
law wrote:but for example Ace and ABR just joined my wagon without good reasoning.
I was the first one on your wagon :roll:
This doesnt look like bussing at all.
AceMarksman wrote:
law wrote:Don't lynch me, I have the most powerful protown role of the game
Ha! Scumslip. There are no power roles besides the chosen one and the chosen one does not know that they are the Chosen one, as cleared up by incog in the first posts of the game:
incog wrote:To clarify since I've gotten this question a bit: The Chosen One will
not
know that he or she is the Chosen One. His or her role will be revealed upon death though.
Therefore you would not know if you were or were not the chosen one. A townie would have no reason to claim this, however the mafia would have every reason to claim this hoping the rest of the town would forget about incog's clarification above. Sorry law, you made it too easy.
This is a terrible bus if Ace were scum. If he were scum he wouldnt push a weak case against his scumpartner.
AceMarksman wrote:Here's what I think happened here. First, I think law and ABR are scum together. Second, to avoid them getting lynched, ABR put together a "do not lynch" list including the two scum and two townies. Third, there isn't a third.
Thoughts on this?
This is what ABR has called as setting up mislynches. I disagree. This is some decent speculation since it passed through my mind at some point. Again, the possibilities of bussing this hard when there are only two scum are lower.
AceMarksman wrote:I've got some computer access today (yey!) and reading through, I found this little scummy nugget:
law wrote:Unvote, might switch back to Ace later.
Note, this is (another) point where my wagon is cooling off but law still gives excuse to jump right back on it when it picks up again.
More hard attacking.
AceMarksman wrote:I'm starting to think law is scummier than ABluRker at the moment. I would make a case, but I'm stressed out because of AP exams. Expect one soon. However:
Unvote, Vote: law
And more.
AceMarksman wrote:@ law leaning scum: he jumped on my bandwagon here based on gut right at the moment my wagon is picking up steam. He then unvotes me (when my wagon is cooling off), promising a case (which has not come yet), and the re-votes me once my bandwagon picks up steam again. He hasn't made much of a case against me. He's being really opportunistic.
And more.

This is Law
Law wrote:Since these are my highest suspects at the moment, I'll Vote: AceMarksman. Mostly gut, but I don't have much more this early in D1.
What kind of scum votes his scumpartner that early?
Law wrote:I'm still not that sure about q21. I'll wait for his replacement to catch up and then reconsider. But for now, Vote: AceMarksman.
What kind of scum revotes his scumpartner that early?

Post 130 is a big post against Ace. Again, this is some serious attacks against Ace, kinda an easy target at the middle of day 1.
Law wrote:Good lynches:
hp

Not bad lynches:
Ace, ABR (if you don't take chosen stuff into account)

Worse lynches:
populartajo, no lynch?

Bad lynches:
rest
I would bet money that the remaining scum is in the rest group.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by populartajo »

hp [leaves] wrote:
ekiM wrote:*
Lawrencelot
(5): spring, Nuwen,
Claus
, Tajo, ekiM
* hp [leaves] (5): spring, Nuwen,
Lawrencelot
Claus
, ekiM
Lynchlist analysis: Law's scummate was bussing him. I'll read these three for how hard they pushed for the lynches.
This.

Im 90% sure scum is in this group : "Nuwen, spring or Mike"
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by populartajo »

Incognito wrote:
Nuwen has been prodded.
Any news?
Call me Tajo.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”