ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2650 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 6:16 am

Post by ortolan »

elvis_knits (2647) wrote:Xyl and Ortolan have forged an unlikely mind meld.
not really, he is more skeptical of me than I am of him.
elvis_knits (2647) wrote:I currently think that image and kinetic are the scummiest.
you are so town s2
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2651 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 7:16 am

Post by elvis_knits »

ortolan wrote:
elvis_knits (2647) wrote:Xyl and Ortolan have forged an unlikely mind meld.
not really, he is more skeptical of me than I am of him.
I'm just jealous of you because I lost my boyfriend rofl and then our threesome with steph went all to hell.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2652 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 7:17 am

Post by elvis_knits »

so image is L-1... hooray!
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #2653 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Ether »

Day 4, Block 1, Votecount 8 wrote:4 image (Xylthixlm, ortolan, elvis_knits, MafiaSSK)
1 MafiaSSK (Empking)
1 Xylthixlm (populartajo)

3 Unvote (image, Kinetic, Stephoscope)
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #2654 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 7:50 am

Post by Ether »

Let's try that again.
Day 4, Block 1, Votecount 8 wrote:4 image (Xylthixlm, ortolan, elvis_knits, MafiaSSK)
1 MafiaSSK (Empking)
1 Xylthixlm (populartajo)

3 Unvote (image, Kinetic, Stephoscope)

9 alive; 5 to lynch.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2655 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Stephoscope »

I had my vote on image before, and will hammer him in a little while...unless anyone provides a reason to hold off, or anything else noteworthy happens
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2656 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 9:37 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Stephoscope wrote:I had my vote on image before, and will hammer him in a little while...unless anyone provides a reason to hold off, or anything else noteworthy happens
nO.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2657 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 9:39 am

Post by image »

Building long post now; please don't hammer yet.
"Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about?"
--The Doctor
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2658 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 9:42 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

image wrote:Building long post now; please don't hammer yet.
Stalling.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2659 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 9:43 am

Post by image »

Also, while I'm dropping smaller posts...

MafiaSSK: Why the rush for a hammer? How is your vote on me anything other than a blatant wagon hop? What conclusions and reasoning came up in your alleged mason discussion about me vs. Xyl as scum? Does it look like either of your mason partners may also be a scum buddy with Xyl? For that matter, does it look like either could be a scum buddy with me? Why?
"Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about?"
--The Doctor
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2660 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 9:44 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

image wrote:How is your vote on me anything other than a blatant wagon hop?
image is "push polling"

Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2661 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 9:50 am

Post by image »

"Push polling"? I'm not familiar with the term, and it is not on the Wiki. Please define?
--The Doctor
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2662 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 9:51 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Wikipedia wrote:A push poll is a political campaign technique in which an individual or organization attempts to influence or alter the view of respondents under the guise of conducting a poll. In a push poll, large numbers of respondents are contacted, and little or no effort is made to collect and analyze response data. Instead, the push poll is a form of telemarketing-based propaganda and rumor mongering, masquerading as a poll. Push polls may rely on innuendo or knowledge gleaned from opposition research on an opponent.

Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2663 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 10:09 am

Post by image »

Well, yes, I am trying to call SSK's vote a blatant wagon hop. I see it as such; he provided no reasoning for why he thinks I am scum. In fact, he went from calling me TOWN to agreeing that I am the scummiest unclaimed player without even mentioning me once in the interim. I want to hear why, because it looks very scummy on his part.

At any rate, I'm not trying to alter MafiaSSK's views by means of that question, so it fails the definition of push polling. Regardless of my alignment, can you think of any reason why it is good to have SSK not explain his votes?
--The Doctor
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2664 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 11:08 am

Post by image »

I expect either one or three of the claimed masons are scum; I'm leaning heavily towards one. I would like to hear a lot more from Kinetic. Since replacing in he has posted almost no content, mostly just a discussion about the quicktopic. He has not voted, even once. Kinetic: Who (plural) do you expect? Why? Why have you not voted since joining the game?

@Tajo
: You are voting Xyl, and promised reasoning when you weren't at your office. You say you find a high probability of a scum in the Xyl-ort pair. Why? Why do you think the scum is more likely to be Xyl?

@Steph
:
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1682513#1682513]I wrote:[/url]
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1672046#1672046]Stephoscope wrote:[/url]Anyway, I have nothing to share regarding my mason partners right now, but for me personally, I'm thinking Mastin wouldn't have gone for the 72-hour bonus if we all haven't been on to something.

Unvote
Vote: Nuwen
Why would Mastin sacrifice himself in a way that wouldn't make his alleged scum-buddy look any less scummy? This strikes me as bad, perhaps scummy, logic (on Steph's part). Especially since the focus before hand was on me and Elvis, not Nuwen.

[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1683169#1683169]ortolan wrote:[/url]
image (2569) wrote:The switch of opinion from "Oh look tajo is the only claimed active power role" to "Oh look Emp claimed doc so he and tajo are scumbuddies" worries me; if tajo is suspicious for being the only claimed active power role, you can't say it makes him look more scummy when another power role claims. That's just silly.
That is not the argument. The argument is that Empking's claim is itself scummy
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1681668#1681668]ortolan wrote:[/url]
tajo (2544) wrote:Well, then you ahve a doctor and 3 masons, are you going to listen me now? Even after Emp claimed you came out with "oh, look, this is so easy, Emp and Tajo are scum, lynchplox".
The thing is I really wasn't expecting someone to actually claim another power role at that point. The fact it comes from one of the most unconfirmed players is also scummy. tajo may well have asked Empking to claim a power-role to help mask his own fake-claim (
which would be a bad move imo cause ironically it makes me more skeptical of each of their claims
).
Liar.

[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1683169#1683169]ortolan wrote:[/url]
image (2569) wrote:Mu. I do not, at present, think that either is scum.
I very much dislike this trio insisting they all find one another town, never giving reasons.
I'm not trying to defend either, just saying that I have a mild town read on each. And I'm pretty sure Empking and tajo both said I was scum in response to that question, so your point is simply wrong.
image (2569) wrote:@ort: Why did you decide it was a good idea to hammer pre-claim, again once Nuwen had promised content and a claim? What changed from before, when you posted:
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1672523#1672523]ortolan wrote:[/url]
Vote: image

I think he is scummier than Nuwen but I could be convinced otherwise, my suspicion of Nuwen is to a large extent based on the links between the two.
Why does it seem like a good idea to
hammer
someone
pre-claim
based off of ties to someone
who has not flipped
?
It wasn't really a good idea, especially as she flipped town. However I was under pressure e.g. from Xyl who seemed to be suggesting I shouldn't be detracting from a healthy bandwagon by starting a new one. There was also the obvious point made that whatever Nuwen claimed she wasn't going to be believed- certainly if she'd claimed vanilla townie, which she was and which she would have; that wouldn't have stopped her lynch.
You should be detracting from a healthy bandwagon if, in your opinion, (as you had seemed to claim) it is not a good lynch for the day.
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1683169#1683169]ortolan wrote:[/url]image: in 2569, I see a whole bunch of questions, mainly directed at Xyl, but not really a whiff of your suspicions. This is apart from you inexplicably (along with both tajo and Empking) suggesting the others in your posse are town without providing reasons. You should have strong suspects at this point in the game- odds are at least 1/3 of the currently living players are scum- I know I certainly have strong suspects. Who are yours? I will need at the very least 2 names with strong cases against them, and up to 4 names would be desirable. My thoughts are that there were probably five scum leaving us three left.
The reason my post contained a lot of questions and not a lot of case was because I was suspicious of Xyl but unsure of the read. A lot of his reasoning seems to deal more with meta and gut, and he waffles much. This enforces my suspicions. I particularly disliked the way he switched from saying that lynching nuwen was a bad idea to driving for her lynch, despite admitting he himself did not see this as the ideal wagon. His argument was that he didn't want to detract from the elvis/rofl wagon since he thought both of them were town, but they had both stated that they thought I was scum has well.
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1683171#1683171]ortolan wrote:[/url]oh, plus, image again directing us to a specific post of DGB's (701) where she gives us a scum-list is very scummy (oh look she was town, let's lynch down her scum-list). I personally think the only person on that list with a good probability of being scum is Empking (nice going DGB :P)

Remember Mastin tried to do exactly the same by linking to Troll's earlier post.
We should not discount peoples reasoning merely because they got killed, especially in the case of DGB, as her death was not entirely, and perhaps not at all, scum controlled. She was not killed to introduce WIFOM about her scum list, but Xyl saying we should flat out ignore it regardless of her alignment strikes me as scummy.

[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1682513#1682513]Xylthixlm wrote:[/url]
At the start of D2, ortolan inexplicably shows up on your scumlist, and yet you vote DGB who is
not
on your scumlist. Why? What are your current thoughts on ortolan? Why?
I have completely forgotten what my "total read" on DGB was before she went on her berserk self-destruct. I think it was something in this post, or maybe something from rereading the previous day. My memory for why I did stuff that happened 50 pages ago is not that great. Did you ask these questions earlier?
I did not ask them earlier, but that doesn't make them less valid. If you had a "total read" on DGB,
why wasn't she on your scum-list
? More importantly, that post (1374) gave you such a strong read on DGB, you
travelled back in time and voted her, then confirmed the vote, before she even made it
? (Posts 1208, 1274)
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1682513#1682513]Xylthixlm wrote:[/url]I'm currently leaning town on ortolan, but that's mostly because he seems to agree with me and elvis on who the scum are.
Do you think scum-orto would be disagreeing with your reads? Why?

My current suspicions are Xyl + Ort + 1 mason (+ 1 non-mason if there are 4 scum)

Vote: Xyl
--The Doctor
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2665 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 11:13 am

Post by image »

EBWOP:
I wrote:His argument was that he didn't want to detract from the elvis/rofl wagon since he thought both of them were town, but they had both stated that they thought I was scum
has
as
well.
--The Doctor
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2666 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 11:27 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Questions about why I did stuff 50 pages ago may be important, but
I can't answer them because I don't remember
. Why didn't you ask them then when it was fresh in my mind?

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2667 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 11:33 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

P.S. I don't discount DGB's reads because she got killed, I discount DGB's reads because she's DGB.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2668 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 11:35 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

image, why are you voting me rather than ortolan? Any particular reason?

Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2669 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 11:50 am

Post by image »

I would not expect something as strong as a total read to fade from your memory so completely this quickly. I didn't ask the question earlier because I was at that point paying more attention to rofl and DGB than you; I noticed the point again when I reread you.

I find you slightly scummier than ort, and you already have someone voting you, so all other things being equal, I might as well push for your lynch first. If I didn't believe you were scumbuddies, it might matter in which order you get lynched, but since I do, I'm happy either way. I would still like to hear why tajo is voting you, though.
--The Doctor
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2670 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 11:57 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Memory is funny. I can remember fine why I thought DGB was scummy when she was actually lynched, but I haven't a clue what it was which led to my initial vote. The super-scummy stuff she did at the end just pushed out the memories of the less-scummy stuff she did earlier.

Why do you think me and ort are scumbuddies?

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2671 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Oh yeah, the really important question.

Why did you follow the thread without posting for 48h?

Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2672 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by image »

Ortolan began by placing you as scummy without reasoning, then abruptly changed to town, again without reasoning. He seems quick to defend you. This post seems sketchy, especially since he gave no reasoning of
why
he expected you to be scum with DGB, and he would have known it was a perfectly safe accusation to make.

You, on the other hand, place mild suspicion on ortolan early D2 based on "gut read you can't really explain." Later, this read inexplicably reverses itself, and you explain away things ortolan does as "stupid not scummy." You argue that you said this because you believed he had pro-town reasons, despite the fact that he had not posted his reasons when you first said that he was acting stupidly. (Link) You then later waffle back to scummy again.

To summarize, the interaction between the two of you seems off. On top of this, you have each acted individually scummy, in my opinion.
--The Doctor
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2673 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Ok. Our interaction "seems off". That has you confident enough that we're scumbuddies that it doesn't matter to you which order we're lynched in. Do I have that right?

Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2674 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by image »

Xylthixlm wrote:Oh yeah, the really important question.

Why did you follow the thread without posting for 48h?
I didn't; I wasn't following the thread. I have been quite busy this week, and last night I realised I had forgotten to post the day before. As it happened, the most recent discussion was about me not posting, so I commented on it. Purely coincidental. I didn't catch up until today.
--The Doctor

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”