Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #2550 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Ether »

Top-of-the-page edition:
Day 4, Block 1, Votecount 4 wrote:1 MafiaSSK (Empking)
1 Xylthixlm (populartajo)

7 Unvote (elvis_knits, image, Kinetic, MafiaSSK, ortolan, Stephoscope, Xylthixlm)

9 alive; 5 to lynch.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2551 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 10:38 am

Post by elvis_knits »

vote tajo
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2552 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Oh yeah, another question for tajo: What did Yos2 say when you PMed him to ask what result you'd get if you were roleblocked? Paraphrase.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2553 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 11:22 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I am also still very suspicious of kinetic being so against paraphrasing mason conversations. :/
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2554 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 11:23 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Xyl keeps getting to my questions first. And then switching from being scum and being town.

Oh yeah,
Fos Empking
for rediculously short explanation of the protects.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2555 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 11:25 am

Post by elvis_knits »

SSK, I asked you before if you're scum. What's the answer?
Talk nerdy to me.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2556 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by ortolan »

tajo (2544) wrote:Well, then you ahve a doctor and 3 masons, are you going to listen me now? Even after Emp claimed you came out with "oh, look, this is so easy, Emp and Tajo are scum, lynchplox".
The thing is I really wasn't expecting someone to actually claim another power role at that point. The fact it comes from one of the most unconfirmed players is also scummy. tajo may well have asked Empking to claim a power-role to help mask his own fake-claim (which would be a bad move imo cause ironically it makes me more skeptical of each of their claims).

His claim also has bizarre similarities in minimalist phrasing to my fake cop claim in Past Ages Mafia, which he was in (he was going to suicide bomb me if I didn't claim):
ortolan in Past Ages wrote: Cop.

BSG was town

hohum is town

raider is town
compare to his:
Empking (2503) wrote:Doctor - Rofl, Rofl, Elvis

Xyl, Claim.
The fact he wants neither image nor tajo lynched also screams scummy to me.

Empking 'n' tajo were late on the zwet wagon (6 and 7) and only after he became obv-scum by announcing his intentions to lurk. Assuming daytalking between the scum this bus becomes criminally easy.

1110 WIFOMs me.

They were 7 and 8 on the Malyss wagon, again next to each other.

Empking votes for Xtoxm in 1332 without explanation, tajo stays off the wagon.

Empking was fourth on DGB's wagon, again voting with no reasons given in 1452.

Empking conveniently isn't around to comment on the Mastin wagon or counter-claim/suspect his doc claim. I wasn't either (although I earlier voted antihero) but this is still a point to be considered.

2336 is his vote on Nuwen, again, no reasons whatsoever.
Stephoscope (2512) wrote:I'd be more comfortable lynching a claimed vanilla.
Why is this, so close to LYOL?

- Oh bam, I just realised the piece de resistance is why the hell didn't Empking protect tajo the claimed power role? I think we can lynch the scum now.

Empking first, then we can go from there.

Oh and on my re-read Xyl looks very town, as is elvis_knits- so it's pretty much these three (Empking, image, tajo) anyway. Even if one of the masons is scum at least two of them actually have to be scum.

So, Empking first, then tajo/image.

Vote: Empking

tajo: what do you think of Empking?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2557 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 4:29 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

ortolan wrote:- Oh bam, I just realised the piece de resistance is why the hell didn't Empking protect tajo the claimed power role? I think we can lynch the scum now.
That's... a very good question. Why the heck didn't I think to ask that?

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2558 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 10:05 pm

Post by Empking »

Xyl: I didmn't target him because people thought he was scum so I doubted he would be night killed.

Ort: So I'm scummy because I didn't give large reasoning in mass claim, that I wasn't on when Mastin claimed, that I voted DGB the day before so didn't think there was a need to repeat them and because I think false claiming a Post Restriction is scummy?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2559 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 11:14 pm

Post by ortolan »

Why did you protect roflcopter the first two nights then change to elvis?
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2560 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 11:25 pm

Post by Empking »

As Rofl was less townie-looking compared to Elvis.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2561 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 3:15 am

Post by Stephoscope »

ortolan: My gut just tells me that there aren't THAT many vanillas, and that one or more of the claimed vanillas are scum taking the easy fakeclaim.

Anyway, I'm going to be away for the next 48 hours or so. I have family coming in for my graduation (I have no idea why graduation is scheduled for a Thursday, but it is). I'm not trying any funny business--I will have no problem posting on Friday, but if I don't, lynch away.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2562 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 3:18 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I could go for an empking lynch.
Talk nerdy to me.

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #2563 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 3:57 am

Post by populartajo »

Sorry guys, if my V/LA doesnt get better in the following two days, I'd likely ask for a replacement.

Dont worry yet.

Just dont lynch Empking.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2564 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 4:24 am

Post by elvis_knits »

4. Xylthixlm Tue May 19, 2009 11:29 pm
5. image Tue May 19, 2009 12:33 am
8. MafiaSSK Tue May 19, 2009 6:23 pm
9. Empking Wed May 20, 2009 6:25 am
12. elvis_knits now
13. q21Kinetic Tue May 19, 2009 1:25 am
14. Stephoscope Wed May 20, 2009 10:15 am
15. populartajo Wed May 20, 2009 10:57 am
17. ortolan Wed May 20, 2009 6:14 am

Just noticing kinetic and image last post within 45 minutes of each other. So we have to be careful about not letting them pull anything funny where we can't lynch both of them if they both go over 72 hours.
Talk nerdy to me.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2565 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 4:32 am

Post by Empking »

Yes we can.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2566 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 4:50 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

vote: Empking

Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2567 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 6:45 am

Post by Stephoscope »

this post only serves to bump up my last post time a little. V/LA for the next 48 hours.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2568 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 8:07 am

Post by image »

Sorry I didn't post the case I said I was going to last night, I was busier than I expected...

Going to catch up now, then do a reread and post my thoughts.
"Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about?"
--The Doctor
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2569 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 10:58 am

Post by image »

The switch of opinion from "Oh look tajo is the only claimed active power role" to "Oh look Emp claimed doc so he and tajo are scumbuddies" worries me; if tajo is suspicious for being the only claimed active power role, you can't say it makes him look more scummy when another power role claims. That's just silly.

Xylthixlm wrote:I would like Empking, populartajo, and image to answer this question: Which of the other two on that list do you think is most likely to be scum?
Mu. I do not, at present, think that either is scum.

@Xyl: There are a few things that have happened this game that I feel haven't been addressed. If you will bear with me, I have a few questions I'd like answered. At the very beginning of the game, you voted tajo over zwet. Later on D1, you put him on your town list, without explaining why until much later, after you dropped him from the list. Why all the flip-flopping over tajo? What do you think his alignment is at present? Why?

In ISO 98, you give a scumlist of me, Antihero, and Malyss. This is the first time you mention Antihero. When later asked to justify why Antihero was on that list, you say it is because of his interactions with zwet and Empking. Why do his interactions with Empking matter? Empking was not on your scumlist, and you had not mentioned him either prior to this. If there was something fisy between Empking and AH, wouldn't that implicate both of them? What specifically made you think AH was scum
at that point
?

In ISO 106, Xyl, you say we should disregard DGB's analysis even if she flips town. Why? (For the record, DGB's most recent scum list at the time of the post is here.)

At the start of D2, ortolan inexplicably shows up on your scumlist, and yet you vote DGB who is
not
on your scumlist. Why? What are your current thoughts on ortolan? Why?

In ISO 358 you changed your gut read on SSK to not scum. Why?

Finally, yesterday, what made you change your position of "I don't think we should be lynching image or Nuwen," (ISO 325) to "I'm feeling decently confident that image and Nuwen are scum here"? You never gave a reason for voting Nuwen. Why did you? Why did you try to push people onto Nuwen's wagon simply because it was the largest when we were still a long time from deadline?

And, unfortunately, I wasn't around near the end of the day yesterday. Time to analyse the wagon on Nuwen. I'm unhappy that it went through when I wasn't around, so I didn't get a chance to say anything...
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1672046#1672046]Stephoscope wrote:[/url]Anyway, I have nothing to share regarding my mason partners right now, but for me personally, I'm thinking Mastin wouldn't have gone for the 72-hour bonus if we all haven't been on to something.

Unvote
Vote: Nuwen
Why would Mastin sacrifice himself in a way that wouldn't make his alleged scum-buddy look any less scummy? This strikes me as bad, perhaps scummy, logic. Especially since the focus before hand was on me and Elvis, not Nuwen.

@Xyl: Why did you call for a hammer before Nuwen had a chance to claim, especially when she was promising more content? Even if you were 99% sure she was scum (and I don't see what would make you this sure) the extra content still helps in the 1% where she is town, and doesn't hurt anything if she is scum.

@ort: Why did you decide it was a good idea to hammer pre-claim, again once Nuwen had promised content and a claim? What changed from before, when you posted:
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1672523#1672523]ortolan wrote:[/url]
Vote: image

I think he is scummier than Nuwen but I could be convinced otherwise, my suspicion of Nuwen is to a large extent based on the links between the two.
Why does it seem like a good idea to
hammer
someone
pre-claim
based off of ties to someone
who has not flipped
?
"Have you noticed how people's intellectual curiosity declines sharply the moment they start waving guns about?"
--The Doctor
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2570 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 11:13 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

elvis_knits wrote:SSK, I asked you before if you're scum. What's the answer?
No.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2571 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 11:28 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

image wrote:@Xyl: There are a few things that have happened this game that I feel haven't been addressed. If you will bear with me, I have a few questions I'd like answered.
You don't need to be so polite you know
At the very beginning of the game, you voted tajo over zwet. Later on D1, you put him on your town list, without explaining why until much later, after you dropped him from the list. Why all the flip-flopping over tajo? What do you think his alignment is at present? Why?
I felt like his overall style of play was more town (that is, I had a gut read). However I skimmed one of his scum games and realized I don't really have a read on him. The stuff he's actually done has been bad for the town, and I'm inclined to trust roflcopter's read over my own.
In ISO 98, you give a scumlist of me, Antihero, and Malyss. This is the first time you mention Antihero. When later asked to justify why Antihero was on that list, you say it is because of his interactions with zwet and Empking. Why do his interactions with Empking matter? Empking was not on your scumlist, and you had not mentioned him either prior to this. If there was something fisy between Empking and AH, wouldn't that implicate both of them? What specifically made you think AH was scum
at that point
?
I don't remember. Something about his interactions with Empking was bothering me but I have no idea what it was. It wasn't predicated on Empking being scum though; I'm pretty sure I wasn't suspecting Empking at that point.

I think I was proved right on the interactions with zwet though.
In ISO 106, Xyl, you say we should disregard DGB's analysis even if she flips town. Why? (For the record, DGB's most recent scum list at the time of the post is here.)
Because DGB's scumhunting ability is ... erratic. I'd put more trust in throwing darts at a pineapple.
At the start of D2, ortolan inexplicably shows up on your scumlist, and yet you vote DGB who is
not
on your scumlist. Why? What are your current thoughts on ortolan? Why?
I have completely forgotten what my "total read" on DGB was before she went on her berserk self-destruct. I think it was something in this post, or maybe something from rereading the previous day. My memory for why I did stuff that happened 50 pages ago is not that great. Did you ask these questions earlier?

I'm currently leaning town on ortolan, but that's mostly because he seems to agree with me and elvis on who the scum are.
In ISO 358 you changed your gut read on SSK to not scum. Why?
Because as much as I hate to say it, MafiaSSK might play this badly as town.
Finally, yesterday, what made you change your position of "I don't think we should be lynching image or Nuwen," (ISO 325) to "I'm feeling decently confident that image and Nuwen are scum here"? You never gave a reason for voting Nuwen. Why did you? Why did you try to push people onto Nuwen's wagon simply because it was the largest when we were still a long time from deadline?
Answering the last question first, there's no reason to wait until you get close to deadline to lynch. If you think you know who's scum waiting just slows the game down and makes people get bored and forget what's happening.

As for why image and Nuwen, I did a reread on both of them and they came out looking scummy. In Nuwen's case I was also influenced by elvis and rofl; they're pretty good, and I thought/think they're town, so I decided to support their Nuwen wagon instead of going after image. By myself I would have preferred image.

And, unfortunately, I wasn't around near the end of the day yesterday. Time to analyse the wagon on Nuwen. I'm unhappy that it went through when I wasn't around, so I didn't get a chance to say anything...
This game goes fast. Of course, I only have your word that you weren't around.
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1672046#1672046]Stephoscope wrote:[/url]Anyway, I have nothing to share regarding my mason partners right now, but for me personally, I'm thinking Mastin wouldn't have gone for the 72-hour bonus if we all haven't been on to something.

Unvote
Vote: Nuwen
Why would Mastin sacrifice himself in a way that wouldn't make his alleged scum-buddy look any less scummy? This strikes me as bad, perhaps scummy, logic. Especially since the focus before hand was on me and Elvis, not Nuwen.
Still parsing this.
@Xyl: Why did you call for a hammer before Nuwen had a chance to claim, especially when she was promising more content? Even if you were 99% sure she was scum (and I don't see what would make you this sure) the extra content still helps in the 1% where she is town, and doesn't hurt anything if she is scum.
I deny the "more content can't hurt" argument. I think there's a MD thread about it somewhere.
@ort: Why did you decide it was a good idea to hammer pre-claim, again once Nuwen had promised content and a claim? What changed from before, when you posted:
[url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1672523#1672523]ortolan wrote:[/url]

I think he is scummier than Nuwen but I could be convinced otherwise, my suspicion of Nuwen is to a large extent based on the links between the two.
hammer
someone
pre-claim
who has not flipped
?

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #2572 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by populartajo »

Promisse to post tomorrow. I just got tired rerading another game that needed my presence.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2573 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 7:36 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Still here. Sorry, sick, posting to avoid lurk timer.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2574 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 8:00 pm

Post by ortolan »

image (2569) wrote:The switch of opinion from "Oh look tajo is the only claimed active power role" to "Oh look Emp claimed doc so he and tajo are scumbuddies" worries me; if tajo is suspicious for being the only claimed active power role, you can't say it makes him look more scummy when another power role claims. That's just silly.
That is not the argument. The argument is that Empking's claim is itself scummy
image (2569) wrote:Mu. I do not, at present, think that either is scum.
I very much dislike this trio insisting they all find one another town, never giving reasons.
image (2569) wrote:@ort: Why did you decide it was a good idea to hammer pre-claim, again once Nuwen had promised content and a claim? What changed from before, when you posted:

hammer
someone
pre-claim
who has not flipped
?
It wasn't really a good idea, especially as she flipped town. However I was under pressure e.g. from Xyl who seemed to be suggesting I shouldn't be detracting from a healthy bandwagon by starting a new one. There was also the obvious point made that whatever Nuwen claimed she wasn't going to be believed- certainly if she'd claimed vanilla townie, which she was and which she would have; that wouldn't have stopped her lynch.

image: in 2569, I see a whole bunch of questions, mainly directed at Xyl, but not really a whiff of your suspicions. This is apart from you inexplicably (along with both tajo and Empking) suggesting the others in your posse are town without providing reasons. You should have strong suspects at this point in the game- odds are at least 1/3 of the currently living players are scum- I know I certainly have strong suspects. Who are yours? I will need at the very least 2 names with strong cases against them, and up to 4 names would be desirable. My thoughts are that there were probably five scum leaving us three left.
Xyl (2571) wrote:By myself I would have preferred image.
Really? That's not the impression I got- I preferred an image lynch at the time and you seemed to want me to vote Nuwen.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”