orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Um.....um...
unvotes!
*puts hands up*

Alright, so sorry about my absence. I got my PM, looked at the thread - wasn't open yet, so I forgot about it, because I forgot to 'watch' it. Thanks for the prod though! I've been desperately waiting for a new game, and of course, I had one, I just.. forgot. So..
that was obviously my random vote.

Why should Caesar just get to stomp around like a giant while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar, right? Brutus is just as smart as Caesar, people totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar, and when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody because that's not what Rome is about! We should totally just STAB CAESAR!
vote: STARBUCK!

Er..
unvote
Mixologist
Mixologist
Goon
Mixologist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by Mixologist »

So, this isn't the extensive post I wanted to make, the wifey brought home a nice bottle of champagne and we've been indulging ourselves tonight. I'll have my thoughts complete tomorrow.

Quick post though.

@KMD- I can see why you think why Andy is scum, but why do you think, outside of distancing, that Goat and Starbuck are his scum buddies?
@Starbuck- What are your thoughts on to this point?
Wretched excess is an unfortunate human trait that turns a perfectly good idea such as Christmas into a frenzy of last-minute shopping-or attaches the name of St. Patrick to the day of the year that bartenders fear most.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Before I get into the loop, can we get a
vote count?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Kmd4390 wrote:OP, can you tell me why you just quoted Mean Girls?
I apologize for not knowing the quote. I've made it a point to
NEVER
watch that movie.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Mixologist
Mixologist
Goon
Mixologist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by Mixologist »

vote Starbuck
Wretched excess is an unfortunate human trait that turns a perfectly good idea such as Christmas into a frenzy of last-minute shopping-or attaches the name of St. Patrick to the day of the year that bartenders fear most.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Mix, I have nothing more on Goat than his interactions with Andy and his actions being weird. Star is mostly gut.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Mixologist wrote:
vote Starbuck
LOL, I really hope you are voting her because she hasn't seen Mean Girls. If anything is worth a vote, that sure is. :D

*will get serious tomorrow*
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 5:42 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

I haven't seen Mean Girls.

KMD: Your suspicion against me is purely because you disagree with my playstyle. That doesn't make me scum, just different than the type of townie you idealize. And your case about me being scum with Andy is really weak.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 5:45 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I haven't played with you before. I can't use meta to clear you like that.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 10:28 pm

Post by Empking »

Kmd4390 wrote:Mix, I have nothing more on Goat than his interactions with Andy and his actions being weird. Star is mostly gut.
Why the avatar?

Who's scummier Andy or Goat?
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 12:04 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Kmd4390 wrote:I haven't played with you before. I can't use meta to clear you like that.
Nor can you use playstyle differences or "weird play" to condemn me.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 2:13 am

Post by Starbuck »

So why all the votes for me all of a sudden? I'm confused.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 2:24 am

Post by SensFan »

Andycyca - 4 (KMD, Tony, ortolan, Goatrevolt)
ortolan - 3 (Sudo, Shadow, Andycyca)
Starkbuck - 1 (Mixologist)

Not voting - 4 (orangepenguin, Starbuck, Empking, xofelf)

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 3:36 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Emp, my avatar bet has expired. I'm gonna find out pretty soon about another though. If I lost, I'll have a new avatar. If I won, Ether has one waiting for me.

Andy is scummier.

Goat, fair enough I guess.

Star, you have
one
vote. Why are you freaking out over one vote?
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 7:24 am

Post by Andycyca »

TonyMontana wrote:
Andycyca wrote:So it was a pressurevote? (if not, please answer my last question)
What's a "pressurevote"?
Voting just for putting some pressure on someone (usually to get said player to say something) Your post, quoted in 106 seems to confirm so. It was your second vote and you still haven't answered 97. So far, I've answered most of the things I've been accused of (whether they believe me or not is another matter)

-----------
KMD: You voted me in 18 during "Random". Later on, in 87 you say that your vote is based on my poor-sarcasm vote. Now that I've explained myself (in 33 Why is your vote still on me? (no sarcasm here, I just want to check something)

Unvote
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 11:19 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

My vote is on you because I think you are scum. Why else would it be there?
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Andycyca wrote:Voting just for putting some pressure on someone (usually to get said player to say something) Your post, quoted in 106 seems to confirm so. It was your second vote and you still haven't answered 97. So far, I've answered most of the things I've been accused of (whether they believe me or not is another matter)
Well it's not like I wanted to put pressure on you out of the blue. I thought the post warranted a vote, and regarding your vote on ort, it it wasn't hypocritical, it was opportunistic.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by ortolan »

Sudo_Nym (113) wrote:True. I'm not voting you for any super justified reason; you were largely a target of opportunity to get the game rolling.

My point is not to stop you from discussing, I only wonder why you're so obsessed about an opening bandwagon, which is why I've kept my vote on you.
"I'm voting you for no reason and as you've questioned that I'm going to continue voting you".
Sudo_Nym (113) wrote:As for talking about game theory, that's just how I play. I love to bring it up, because different people respond different- and the same person will respond differently depending on their role. Admittedly, its more of a long term strategy than a short term scumhunt, but its how I've always done it, in RL and online, and I don't imagine that's going to change.
While I agree with you that discussion of theory can be helpful, your two posts 72 and 89 are so abstract and really quite unrelated to either anything relevant which has occurred this game or scumhunting in general. It's not your theory discussion I take issue with, it's the irrelevant and seemingly "filler" quality of it.

Not sure what to make of Goatrevolt vs Kmd at present. Could well be townie vs townie.

lol @ 121.

Mixologist why did you vote Starbuck in 129?

Andycya why did you unvote in 139?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 2:08 am

Post by Starbuck »

Kmd4390 wrote:Emp, my avatar bet has expired. I'm gonna find out pretty soon about another though. If I lost, I'll have a new avatar. If I won, Ether has one waiting for me.

Andy is scummier.

Goat, fair enough I guess.

Star, you have
one
vote. Why are you freaking out over one vote?

When I posted I had orangepenguin and Mix, and it seemed like it was added up a lot of votes with just no reason at all behind them.

I don't care if I get votes. This is Mafia, you have to expect it. I just expect a reason or an explanation. Or is that wrong in this game?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 6:20 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Well
Starbuck wrote:So why all the votes for me all of a sudden? I'm confused.
This looks like an over reaction for two votes.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 7:21 am

Post by Starbuck »

It wasn't meant to be. I was just asking.

But take it as you will.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 7:50 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

ortolan wrote:
Sudo_Nym (113) wrote:True. I'm not voting you for any super justified reason; you were largely a target of opportunity to get the game rolling.

My point is not to stop you from discussing, I only wonder why you're so obsessed about an opening bandwagon, which is why I've kept my vote on you.
"I'm voting you for no reason and as you've questioned that I'm going to continue voting you".
Not quite, old chum. I voted you for no great reason, true, but it was your suspicious reaction that got me to keep my vote on you. I fully believe you've overreacted to a total of what? 3 votes? And then you try and twist what I've said to the most negative of its connotations.
Sudo_Nym (113) wrote:As for talking about game theory, that's just how I play. I love to bring it up, because different people respond different- and the same person will respond differently depending on their role. Admittedly, its more of a long term strategy than a short term scumhunt, but its how I've always done it, in RL and online, and I don't imagine that's going to change.
While I agree with you that discussion of theory can be helpful, your two posts 72 and 89 are so abstract and really quite unrelated to either anything relevant which has occurred this game or scumhunting in general. It's not your theory discussion I take issue with, it's the irrelevant and seemingly "filler" quality of it.[/quote]

That's fair. But that's the way I've done it, and its hard to break habits.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Mixologist
Mixologist
Goon
Mixologist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 11:34 am

Post by Mixologist »

@all- Sorry for lack of participation this past week. Real life issues have been forcing my hand and I haven't been able to delegate my time to the games I am in as much as I would like to. Things have been resolved and I should be more active starting now. Outside of my V/LA this weekend for a wedding I am in.

As for the issues at hand:

@ortolan - It appeared to me that she ignored my question in 126. There is a slight chance that she missed it. However, that fact that she acknowledges that she saw OP and I vote her means that she has read through my question and decided to not answer. So I decided to swing a vote her way and see how she reacted. To me it seems that she overly reacted for no reason.

@Starbuck - It would appear to me as well that you overreacted for one vote on you. OP jokevoted you twice and immediately unvoted you each time. At the time of post 136, I had the only vote on you. Would you please respond to my question I posed to you in 126?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 7:21 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I guess no one read 143?

Mixologist wrote:@Starbuck- What are your thoughts on to this point?
I did miss this question and I apologize.

I was trying to quickly catch up during my lunch break. Also, I do live in Italy right now (stationed here with the Navy) so my board times may be off from you guys quite a bit.

I saw OP's joke votes, but then saw yours with no reason or explanation behind it, which is why you should read 143.

Now, onto my thoughts so far:

I'm suspicious of Andy and KMD.

The only thing that's holding me back on KMD is his vote on Andy, but that still could be a cover. Maybe there's a way that the votes can be redirected and/or deflected, or maybe someone is immune lynch. My reasoning behind thinking this is because I'm currently playing a game on the View Askew forums which is an all power Avengers game and we just finished an all power DC Comics game. I don't know if any of that could come into play in this game, but this is a "Fantasy" mafia game, so anything is possible.

I am wondering what his thought process is with this statement:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Goat wrote:Here's a question: Why have you kept your random vote on Andy this entire time, even though you have not bothered to question or pressure him a single time since early page 2 when you merely asked him the seriousness of his vote? I see you questioning Ortolan, myself, Starbuck, but not Andy, who your vote is conveniently on.
Because I think Andy is scum. And I think you and Starbuck are his buddies. I don't think Ort is scum.

He seems to just be taking shots at everyone and being quite insulting (cocky?). He seems to be riding Goat pretty hard, and hasn't backed off, and seems to be pretty defensive like he is hiding something.

But the same could be said about Andy.

I think Ortolan may be onto something with this:
ortolan wrote:
Andycya (96) wrote:Oh I see now. Here's what I meant: I didn't know whether your post was serious or not, but I assumed not, since we were already discussing meatier events. However, You were making a very weird statement (vouching for his towniness). Since we were already discussing non-jokes I read it as stalling other discussions. However, seems like my own vote originated much more discussion topics.
How come you didn't explain this at the time? You just said "please, we've already gone through the silly discussion phase" which implies scum feigning arrogance in order to mask not bothering to do their reading before laying a vote down.

Also, I don't like you claiming credit for starting discussion as a way of defending yourself rather than, for example, trying to better justify your vote on me or attack me further. It's like you attack me, then realise you're not going to get away with it that easily, then withdraw and start defending yourself and try to justify why your vote "prompted discussion" rather than say why you think you voted for scum (me).
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 8:27 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Don't wory I read 143. We can commisserate together in our reading of 143 as the other players skip on past. Those basards.

KMD has been riding me quire hard. I feel abused. I have to apply makup to cover up black eyes and act like I hurt myself on accidnt but the real truth is he abuses me. I need help. Please help me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”