veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #0) » Sat May 16, 2009 11:37 am

Post by veerus »

vote: hp
for calling out a 4-player scum team in a 12-player mini. He must know something we don't..
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #1) » Tue May 19, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by veerus »

A 4 scum team is possible but unlikely. I'd sooner believe 3 scum and sk which seems to be a popular set up around here.. my original comment/vote were pretty flimsy as befits a random vote this early in the game however the discussion which ensued may be interesting to analyze once a couple days go by... fishy/furry sure seem to have latched on to that a little too much

But the person that interests me is inHimshallibe. We're in the middle of our first non-random discussion and he interjects just to switch from one bandwagon to another without contributing anything to the ongoing argument. That stinks of scum trying to seem active without posting any content.

unvote; vote: inHimshallibe
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #2) » Wed May 20, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by veerus »

Gorrad wrote:Scummy buddy to town for two reasons. The first being that improves the buddy's opinion of the scum, making the former less likely to vote for the latter. The second is that, should the buddy die, the scum look good by association with town.
masked as "hey, we're still in random stage, i don't need a reason to play scummy"
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (isolation #3) » Wed May 20, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by veerus »

This:
inHimshallibe wrote: veerus: It's Day 1, meh. I'm not going to add much if there's nothing to be added. That's just more garbage to wade through on a reread, and doesn't help anyone, as far as I'm concerned. I'll do my little thing on the bandwagon.

Fishy seems to have cooled it on his front. Too bad he still has the most votes (I think.) Someone needs to climb aboard!
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #4) » Wed May 20, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by veerus »

he's deflecting without really defending his actions and tries to fuel bandwagons without any logic.. ie. playing scummy while hiding behind the "it's too early in the game" excuse...
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #5) » Sun May 24, 2009 6:18 pm

Post by veerus »

...and giving us your newly updated thoughts on the matter?
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #6) » Mon May 25, 2009 6:05 am

Post by veerus »

inHimshallibe wrote: My intention was more along the lines of, "I want to vote someone I think is scummier than many of the other players in the game,
and
other players might agree with me this time."
I don't buy this. It feels like you're backpedaling now. How can you think someone is scummier than someone else based on who has the most random votes?
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #7) » Wed May 27, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by veerus »

I'd like to see posts from inhim, slicey and maturin.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #8) » Sat May 30, 2009 7:33 am

Post by veerus »

What's wrong with the exchange between Gorrad and myself? He wanted me to clarify my comment and when I did, the "weird dialogue" ended.

It looks to me that Inhim is getting desperate and trying to "wagon" anyone he can pile up on with Brandi being the easier choice in this situation.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by veerus »

Fishythefish wrote:
inHimshallibe wrote:
hp [leaves] wrote:I reread Brandi and don't understand why she has four votes.
Well, there's probably a scum on there.
What? You should think that there are good reasons to be on Brandi's wagon, since you are on it yourself.

unvote, vote: inHim

I don't think you believe in the wagon you are on.
That, in a nutshell, has been the basis of my vote since early on. He's just jumping from wagon to wagon until something takes without a real conviction or opinion.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by veerus »

Furry wrote:
Dr. Perry Cox wrote:(Inactive players have been prodded. Maturin24 has not picked up his prod and will be replaced at the end of D1 if still alive.)
Wait seriously? We wont get a replacement for the entire day?
As I was reading the thread, I thought the same thing... That's a bit ridiculous and robs us of a day's input from another player.

DDD, your argument with Furry quickly derailed into theory instead of scumhunting... Who do you think is scummy right now?
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by veerus »

Slicey, we're currently waiting for some fresh opinions from you since you took back your last of your (very few) opinions in this game.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by veerus »

Hmm... looks like we need to start wrapping this up.

DDD, I understand your point about Gorrad but with the deadline looming and Gorrad's given reason for his behavior (finals), I think this is something we should look at tomorrow.

Looking at the vote counts, we have 3 top suspects. Of those, case on Brandi seems the least substantial right now. Two of the voters are our other suspects and BMQ's case is pretty weak and he's since disappeared so I'm not sure of his convictions.

The case on Slicey is a good one. His posts have been erratic and he's managed to dodge questions about his opinions for the entire day. If it wasn't for inHim, Slicey would likely be my top suspect.

As for inHim, I think I've made my case on him. His defense has been very unsatisfactory by any measure. He said he was going to reread and post his opinion. I'm looking forward to that.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #13) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:02 pm

Post by veerus »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Next post, from inHim:
inHimshallibe wrote:At Brandi: I'll admit it wasn't the strongest, but explain to me why my reasoning was "crappy."

unvote
vote: Fishy

I like this wagon better than Brandi's.
This right here, proving point #4 of my beef with his previous post. He is ADMITTING that his only real reason for voting for Furry was the fact he took a
BANDWAGON
off of ME. A BANDWAGON THAT WAS BASED PURELY ON
RANDOM VOTES.
No. Do you always put words into people’s posts like this? And people like this reasoning against me? Wow.
What was your reasoning behind that vote then? I saw it as a distraction tactic since you apparently voted for the sake of bandwagoning.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (isolation #14) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by veerus »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Of the top three vote getters inHim is highest on my list, with Slicey not far behind and Brandi pretty low down the list and while I won't have computer access for the rest of the night I will read anything inHim writes tomorrow before making any decision.
Slicey wrote:DDD, do you plan on changing your vote anytime soon? Deadline is tomorrow, and it looks like either me or InHim are going to be lynched, and your vote is on neither of us.
Slicey, are you reading or just posting?
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:41 am

Post by veerus »

Furry, if you take out hindsight from your thought process, you would see that you're wrong. Did you KNOW that he was town? Most of us didn't. And while I'm not a theory buff, everything I've read around here states that a lynch, any lynch, is better than a no lynch.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (isolation #16) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:23 pm

Post by veerus »

Brandi's fishing for night action reactions reminds me strongly of one of Tar's standard scum tells. And his tells are right on the money way too often for me to ignore one here.

vote: Brandi
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (isolation #17) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by veerus »

Is a reaction not an opinion?

And who do you mean by everyone? Until you started fishing, no one said anything about Slicey/DDD, except Furry who merely stated his opinion.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (isolation #18) » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by veerus »

By splitting hairs you're further convincing me that my suspicions are correct. Furry's was a simple conclusion based on the events that happened. He said it of his own volition.

You, on the other hand, went on a tirade about how it sucks that Slicey was killed and why, oh why, was DDD targeted? Oh, and what does everyone else think?
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (isolation #19) » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:17 am

Post by veerus »

Fishythefish wrote:I think the argument between Furry and Tzee is a pretty irrelevant distraction. All this theory will be relevant if and when it is applicable- ie. when we actually get another claim. Until then, it is pointless- I don't understand why people think scum-Furry would take an incorrect/self-contradictory position on this theory. There's no motivation for it.
While I agree that this argument is irrelevant at
this
point in the game, it will become relevant later and I don't see a reason to supress the discussion. As for the motivations -- there don't have to be any. Scum-Furry could just be confused based on the knowledge he would have versus what he'd trying to tell to the town. Not that I'm convinced Furry is scum at this point, but the numerous contradictions in the last few posts don't lend a lot of credibility to his townieness either.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (isolation #20) » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by veerus »

Where is everyone?
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (isolation #21) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:30 pm

Post by veerus »

Hm, I still don't like her excessive fishing about the night results. I also think Brandi's defensiveness about claiming with a deadline less than a week away is a little weird -- why stall if you're the top suspect and time is running out to analyze someone else if the claim is real? And what was that with the "whoops, I quoted my role, oh wait, I didn't, mod said it's ok" line?? I haven't played that many games on this site, but is this stuff generally allowed? Since mod confirmation one way or the other would likely reveal the role, what are the odds of this being a scum gambit?
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (isolation #22) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by veerus »

Fishythefish wrote:
veerus wrote:And what was that with the "whoops, I quoted my role, oh wait, I didn't, mod said it's ok" line?? I haven't played that many games on this site, but is this stuff generally allowed? Since mod confirmation one way or the other would likely reveal the role, what are the odds of this being a scum gambit?
Typically, paraphrasing is allowed, word for word quotes are not. In this game, the mod requests but doesn't insist that paraphrases are run past him in order to check they aren't too close to the original. In this case, according to Brandi, she failed to do this, and the mod told her it was ok after she had publicly worried about it.

The sequence of events Brandi claims is a plausible and legal one. She could of course be lying about everything, including the mod pm, to add credence to her claim. I think it has to be a complete nulltell.
Fair enough, point taken.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #23) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by veerus »

Gorrad,

What is it that you're not understanding? It seems to me that you're voting her for the same reasons. In addition, now that I re-read this day, she has also made absolutely no attempts to scumhunt which is a drastic departure from her D1 behavior.

On a side note, and this is mostly addressed to the
mod
, but why did we get deadlined only 10 days after the start? And with 2 highly active lurkers/dropouts (hp & lindisframe) present?
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (isolation #24) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by veerus »

Fishythefish wrote:
veerus wrote:And with 2 highly active lurkers/dropouts (hp & lindisframe) present?
It is an interesting inconsistency that you fail to mention BMQ.
Not quite. His absence has been well documented while the two I named have not been mentioned in quite some time. And of these three, his absense has been explained by the fact he lost his job shortly after the game started. Since the mod seems to replace only at the end of the day, I'm hoping that BMQ will be one of those slated for replacement during the night.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (isolation #25) » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by veerus »

Fishythefish wrote:I'm still very much up for a veerus lynch. He was the most tagging-along player on a bad bandwagon.
This is blatant misrepresentation. How can you claim that I was tagging along when I was one of the first people to voice my opinions and place my votes on those players? Now, yes, despite their poor play, both unfortunately turned out to be town. But you obviously didn't disagree with me too much either.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #26) » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:52 am

Post by veerus »

Yeah... why?
Fritzler wrote:
Tzeentch wrote:
Mod: I will have uncertain access for approximately a week while my new place gets Internet access.
We should totally lynch him while he is gone.
We could... or we could have the new people read the thread and post their thoughts since both of the replacements had like 6 posts combined.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (isolation #27) » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by veerus »

So let's see:

1) you want me lynched despite the fact that you have really failed to explain your reasons for it.
2) you are trying to hurry a lynch in a possible lylo situation despite failing to provide sufficient reasoning.

The conclusion here is rather obvious.

vote: fishythefish
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (isolation #28) » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:41 pm

Post by veerus »

Since I'm at L-1, I will claim and ask that everyone reconsider this train as its conclusion will lead to engame. I'm Kimberly Briggs, JD's ex-girlfriend. I'm a vanilla townie.

We're applying circular reasoning that could apply to anyone here. For example:

Tzee & Snow are town. I'm town. Therefore, three of Gorrad, Fishy, MafiaSSK, Fritzler are scum. Fishy, for one, comes to mind with his hardcore tunnel vision on me during LYLO for what he feels is an unjust lynch. Which I disagree with as Brandi exhibited some scum tells that have been observed and confirmed time and time again. And a case could be made for just about everyone here except Fritzler since he and his predecessors are yet to post their thoughts on anything. We've got to use better reasoning to back up this blind process of elimination.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (isolation #29) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by veerus »

Yay, my plan worked! I figured I'd pick the two of the most towniest roles I could think of (JD & Turk) because a claim would save them for sure in the end. The mod had an unexpected twist with them being lovers, but luckily that mechanic didn't come into play.

Great job by my partners in crime. I probably could've played a bit better but it worked out in the end.

SW, I didn't really volunteer as I was worried that it would lose due to BMQ's lurkiness since he wasn't replaced right away at night like the others. When you came in however, it was definitely the right play. Good call on the no-lynch too. It still kept us in LYLO and gave a plausible explanation for why the town-confirmed masons weren't dead.
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (isolation #30) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:26 pm

Post by veerus »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Interesting, why was I the NK on N1?
Lack of a more obvious target and you were town-ish w/o attracting attention.

By the way, Emp, great Dr. Cox monologues. Did you borrow actual rants and change to fit the context or did you mostly make them up using his personality as a guideline?
-Fight Club
veerus
veerus
Mafia Scum
veerus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (isolation #31) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by veerus »

EmpTyger wrote: I do think I will make explicit for my ruleset in my next game that forced replacements will only occur in twilight.
Why delay it so much? Odds are, it'll hurt the town.
EmpTyger wrote:99% made up by me. The cop results were lifted almost verbatim from actual rants. The “throwing randomvote after randomvote” bit was loosely adopted from his “regular strength Tylenol dosage” rant. I couldn’t resist throwing in “Always side with the hoochie, newbies. It’s a rookie mistake; you hate to see it.” (Kelso’s initial post would have been “What has two thumbs and doesn’t give a crap about flavor? / You’re nothing but a bunch of vanilla scrubs to me.”) But everything else I composed myself, using John McGinley as my muse.
It was very well written. I'd like to nominate you for a scummy... pretty sure there was one for flavor.
-Fight Club

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”