Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 12:25 am

Post by Starbuck »

Shouldn't you know that pertinent information before you claim?
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 12:50 am

Post by Mufasa »

Should've probably but it was an honest mistake
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 1:25 am

Post by ekiM »

mufasa wrote:I seriously don't understand how I could be scum, or why you would lynch a townie when you know pretty damn well is a townie.
What don't you understand? We can't see your role pm, and you aren't allowed to show us it, so we have no way to verify that you're not simply lying. We don't know that you're a townie. Various considerations make it seem more likely than not that you are town, but acting like you're confirmed is inane.
mufasa wrote:I really believe that at least one of the people that are for a vig on me today are scum
If you're a JoAT you've compromised your role to the point of uselessness by claiming. It's also pretty clear that you're not, as a player, capable of scumhunting. If you're a townie, you're useless.

The other possibility is that you're scum.

Someone who is either useless or scum is an excellent vig target.
mufasa wrote:I believe that Skitzer/Sera are scum. hmm S for Scum haha. vote for sera
OK, I take it all back, this convinces me that you are pro-town and an excellent scum hunter.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 1:25 am

Post by ekiM »

EBWOP: For "pro-town and an excellent scum hunter" read "completely useless".
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 1:40 am

Post by iamausername »

roflcopter wrote:claiming out of the clear blue sky on day one before a serious wagon has even really taken off on anyone is undeniably stupid, and will bring the house down on your head.
This is true, but why does stupid = town? If Mufasa got a scum role, would it suddenly boost his IQ by a few orders of magnitude?
roflcopter wrote:i mean, really, did anyone look at the EXAMPLE PMS provided with the ruleset? the name "jack-of-all-trades" is right there guys.
Yes, I noticed. I assume that's where Mufasa got it from when he decided to fake claim.
darkdude wrote:I think both OGB and Mufasa are town. Unfortunately I don't have good picks for scum yet.
This is a pretty scummy post.
OozingGolfball wrote:I'd love to hear some reasons why I'm scum besides you pile of wifom that is your misrep of my first post.
OK, still failing to contribute anything remotely useful. I could definitely go for an OGB lynch too.
Seraphim wrote:placing your vote on someone in no danger of being lynched while you catch up so that you seem like you're doing something is very scummy.
Why?
skitzer wrote:Let's consider something here: If Mufasa isn't really a Jack-Of-All-Trades and is scum, then scum won't kill him, obviously. We should lynch Mufasa.
Wow, this is some horrible circular reasoning. "If he's scum, he's scum, therefore we should lynch him". Congratulations, you have successfully put me off of lynching Mufasa today.
skitzer wrote:Not sure of the cases on caboose and Seraphim, and I'm not sure on iamusername's initial vote of alvinz95.
Could you be a little more vague here? I don't think this is vague enough.
roflcopter wrote:why are you still voting for mufasa? did my explanation of why we should leave him alive not make sense to you?
skitzer wrote:It made sense, but I still would rather lynch him today.
roflcopter wrote: then please explain why lynching him today is better than the alternative i presented.
skitzer wrote:Because I don't think scum will consider "leaving him for a mislynch".

Did you really just say "We should lynch Mufasa today because if we don't, scum will kill him tonight anyway"?
Caboose wrote:No, it's not a policy vote. It's a pressure vote.
Those aren't mutually exlusive, you know.
Seraphim wrote:Once again, people fail to get an accurate read of my play. This is my town play, unfortunately.
What is the point of making statements like this?
SpyreX wrote:(Darkdude / HowardRoark / skitzer)
Chance of at least 1 scum* in this grouping: 85%
The other two, totally, but I'm missing what's putting Howard in such esteemed company.
ekiM wrote:Hey guys, let's not lynch Mufasa today, for his lynch would not be very informative. If we have a vig they can kill him tonight. Otherwise, I'd be happy to see him strung up tomorrow.
Down with this. Still think Mufasa is obviously lying about his claim, but since his history indicates that that is a nulltell for him, this is probably the best way to deal with it.

Unvote, vote: skitzer

I'm finding his massive logic fail in pushing the Mufasa lynch marginally scummier than OGB and darkdude's total aversion to scumhunting, but there's not a lot in it.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 2:46 am

Post by Korts »

HowardRoark wrote:For his contrived case against Seraphim.
lol contrived. Unless you can actually show me how it is contrived, I'll just have to think you're spewing bullshit.
scumchat never die
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 3:39 am

Post by TDC »

Vote CountMufasa (4): charter, Mixologist, Starbuck, skitzer
OozingGolfBall (4): roflcopter, X, SpyreX, ekiM
skitzer (3): Seraphim, iamausername, alvinz95
Seraphim (2): Korts, Mufasa
alvinz95 (1): Caboose
Mixologist (1): OozingGolfBall
Caboose (1): inHimshallibe
Korts (1): HowardRoark

Not Voting (5): ThAdmiral, darkdude, populartajo, Axelrod, tubby216

12 to lynch.
Last edited by TDC on Tue May 19, 2009 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 4:43 am

Post by HowardRoark »

charter (191) wrote:190- HowardRoark is possible scum too. He drew zero conclusions in his post, but gave plenty of summaries. Plus he votes Korts for voting Seraphim, when Seraphim is almost certainly scum. Very, very scummy post.
Interesting. I've found your play to be questionable and this is just adding to the puzzle. Having replaced Seraphim and reading other games he was in, this play is not out-of-line for him. You also overlook the questions I have posed. Most interesting is the fact that the first part in your post is an issue with Korts while you question my vote for him.
darkdude (194) wrote:I doubt OGB is scum because scum would try to use the alt account to their advantage.
Complete WIFOM.

I realize that my V/LA is a good chumck of D1, but my brother's wedding is then (and about 2000 miles from my home). I should still have access, but due to events it will be limited.

@Korts: Please explain how each exhibit is relevant. #1 Just because a player doesn't say "I agree with ___" = scum . . . false. #2 I believe that Seraphim believed that Mixologist was backpedaling. #3 Saying that a player has been posting useless shit is not padding. #4 Voting a player for an early claim (and especially a questionable one) makes someone scum how? I believe that you know how Seraphim plays and found him to be an easy target (outside of the popular ones).
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 4:53 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Seraphim wrote:inHimshallIbe: I'm sorry but your first post reads scum to me...placing your vote on someone in no danger of being lynched while you catch up so that you seem like you're doing something is very scummy. Please explain your case against Caboose in more detail.
I actually thought he had more than 0 votes at the time I voted. I much prefer a wagon. I have no more detail.
Seraphim wrote:rofl: I dunno, rofl. You haven't seen Mufasa's past play. I've certainly been weighing whether or not he's town in my head.

Unvote
Don't like the speed of this wagon at all. Mufasa is definitely still my #1 suspect but pressuring him with votes isn't going to do any good.
unvote
vote: Seraphim

What is there to pressure Mufasa about anyway? I don't like how you've backed off his lynch train.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 5:01 am

Post by Axelrod »

Mufasa: you didn't answer my last post, so allow me to ask again.

Tell me how your role (of vanilla townie) or the players dictated that you claim Doctor in Open 122?

Tell me how this role, or this group of players dictated that you claim in your second post?

While you're at it, explain why you said you used the name "Jack-of-all-Trades" because we could refer to the meta to see what abilities you had, when you apparently don't have 1/2 the abilities on the "meta" and you have a completely different ability that isn't on there?

Also, why do you keep saying that it is obvious we should know you are a townie? What exactly is "obvious" about it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OGB: you have been accused of trying to distract the town by getting people to guess your "real" identity. You have been further accused of ignoring complaints against you and failing to contribute anything to the game. How do you plead?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 6:00 am

Post by roflcopter »

i would like to see all of the people voting any of ogb, skitzer and seraphim decide on a consensus candidate and pile all of the votes that are spread between these three onto one of them. much better way of doing business.

i'm still for ogb getting the noose.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 8:11 am

Post by SpyreX »

iaun wrote:The other two, totally, but I'm missing what's putting Howard in such esteemed company.
His one post is a vote for Korts under the grounds of a "contrived case" against Seraphim and a FoS on charter for spaghetti.

On Seraphim. One post. Defensive. Not even explaining the contrived.

Thats enough for me.
i would like to see all of the people voting any of ogb, skitzer and seraphim decide on a consensus candidate and pile all of the votes that are spread between these three onto one of them. much better way of doing business.

i'm still for ogb getting the noose.
By god I love you rofl.

See the above. This. Do this. (Pick OGB)

As an aside: Axel is really rubbing me the wrong way. That is for far later down the road.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 8:36 am

Post by X »

ekiM wrote:Seraphim asking for reasons for votes feels weird.
I agree. He questioned a lot of the random votes as to why they were where they were. It may just be nothing, but it seems odd.
roflcopter wrote:its a question of motivation. claiming out of the clear blue sky on day one before a serious wagon has even really taken off on anyone is undeniably stupid, and will bring the house down on your head. scum do not want that kind of attention. they can't afford that kind of attention. therefore it is beyond silly to believe that any scum, experienced or otherwise, would do what he did. the fact that he is clearly an inexperienced player lends further credence to the fact that his ability to convincingly fakeclaim probably isn't well developed, and the way he's been explaining his claim really seems like a truthful misunderstanding of the way his one shot doctor ability is supposed to work, not to mention he specifies that his list of abilities does not exactly match the list given in the sample pms.
You're arguing that it would be a stupid choice as scum, therefore he wouldn't do it? It's a stupid choice as town, so he might do it either way. It's possible that he's eager to get his fakeclaim aired, but I haven't seen him claim so early in his meta.
OozingGolfBall wrote:I'd love to hear some reasons why I'm scum besides you pile of wifom that is your misrep of my first post.
Yay asking other people to play the game for you!
skitzer wrote:Well that's what I feel like. I have a weakness for making hasty generalizations.
This was in response to an accusation about presenting a false dichotomy between two people. Your response doesn't justify, and barely explains your behavior.

Axelrod's catches in 182-3 are convincing.
Mufasa wrote:I seriously don't understand how I could be scum, or why you would lynch a townie when you know pretty damn well is a townie.
You're not that convincing. Your meta is in your favor...but yeah, you're not seeming very town.
Mixologist
Mixologist
Goon
Mixologist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 8:49 am

Post by Mixologist »

unvote

vote OGB
Wretched excess is an unfortunate human trait that turns a perfectly good idea such as Christmas into a frenzy of last-minute shopping-or attaches the name of St. Patrick to the day of the year that bartenders fear most.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 9:56 am

Post by tubby216 »

ok upon first

1 mufasa's claim don't like it seems off ,, but i will aloow it for now and see how he plays out tomorrow

! agree with the pressure on OGB i think there needs more pressure but i will await an acurate vote count before placicing vote.

this game needs moar howard,, be careful your meta is showing howard and i am tempted to vote you.
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Seraphim »

EkiM: I wasn't worried. Mufasa was going to have no lack of votes sO I decided to pressure another player instead who is another lead of possible scum. Why are so intent on seeing Mufasa lynched so early in the game?
ekiM wrote:Sorry mang, pretty sure that early game reads aren't worth a bucket of spit compared to what comes later. As town, drawing suspicion to yourself by acting anti-town way outweighs the benefit of the reads you get in response. You make yourself a suspect when you shouldn't be, and distract townies from the real bad guys. Not. Worth it.
Says you. This is how I play as town. Later in the game, you'll see how dangerous I can be.

Mufasa:
Mufasa wrote:I didn't realize that the example pm had a cop in it, not a roleblocker.
I claim bullshit. You said the meta for JoAT was your role minus vig...you're backpedalling. And your OMGUS vote isn't helping anything.

IAUN: Placing on a vote on someone just to vote them without any sort of back-up case while you read the thread is simply trying to appear town while watching the game and weighing your chances. I find that scum do it quite a bit. I am definitely watching him.

InHimshallibe: Wow. Just wow. I'll get to you in just a sec.

HR: Thanks for defending me, but I can assure you, I'm fine. Korts's case on me isn't complete and utter bullshit but I feel that his vote could be used better elsewhere.

X: Questioning random votes ends the random stage and gets discussion flowing. It's like self-voting or OMGUS in the random voting stage except discussion can sometimes be relevant.

Alright, inHimshallibe. In your last two posts, you have demonstrated extreme scumminess. Your first post set off some alarm bells as you put your vote on Caboose who had no wagon on him because of doublespeak(what?) and reactions to Mufasa. You are never questioned on this except by me who mentions it in passing as scummy behavior.

Then, second post.
IHSHIB wrote:I actually thought he had more than 0 votes at the time I voted. I much prefer a wagon. I have no more detail.
So you though you were wagoning a player who you vote because of tells you can't elaborate on?
IHSHIB wrote:What is there to pressure Mufasa about anyway?
Urm...that's why I unvoted. Kneejerk reaction was to vote him but that doesn't do anything. If we lynch him, it will be at the end of the day when all avenues of discussion are finished. Voting him serves no purpose as he doesn't need pressure.

I still want to hear more from skitzer, otherwise my vote would definitely land on you.

Players who I have a scum read on:
OGB
Mufasa
skitzer
inHimshallibe

Hi tubby!
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 10:20 am

Post by roflcopter »

axelrod, does skitzer's vote for mufasa change your opinion on either skitzer or mufasa in any way?
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Mufasa »

First off, my vote is not OMGUS.

Second, this is my first big game that isn't a theme game, so I wanted to use a different strategy when I found out about my power role, and seeing some familiar faces I knew some of you would go back on my meta and say oh he is just a stupid fool, well I'm not. There is always a reason for my madness, I love to see peoples reactions and can pretty much get a good tell for them on how they react to my gameplay.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 11:25 am

Post by SpyreX »

Ok, I could accept you are just retarded.

I can not accept "for reactions" for this mess.

God...so many people, not enough votes guns.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Mufasa, I thought you said the reason that you claimed was so we could direct night actions. Why do you continue to backpedal?
OozingGolfBall
OozingGolfBall
Townie
OozingGolfBall
Townie
Townie

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by OozingGolfBall »

Mufasa wrote:You may be the more retarded than me, wow you level of comprehension in that last statement was next to none. Seriously look at your pm and look at the examples they don't state much of an ability.
Nice ad hom.
Unvote; Vote: Mufasa

Too much jumpiness in your posts.
Insanity is not a scumtell.
Mixologist
Mixologist
Goon
Mixologist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 3:00 pm

Post by Mixologist »

So this is what I can gather at the moment:

-I'm not entirely sure what to make of skitzer at this point. Reading his posts in isolation and in thread it seems he is more confused than anything. I'm not saying he isn't scum, he just isn't at the top of my list right now
-Caboose seems bent on taking us down an alvinz wagon. This seems off to me as there are several other options that are more active than setting off on a tagent about a player who has only posted one time.
-Mufasa continues to backpedal and switch his claim up. At this point, if he is town he is no longer useful. We can not even check his abilities to see if what he claims to be is true.
-Waiting on darkdude/tubby/alvinz/ThAdmiral to start playing.
-Yeah. I'm down for a OGB lynch. That is all.

@Mufasa- What reactions where you searching for? What are your thoughts on possible scum right now?

Also, I already PM'ed TDC about this, but I will be
V/LA the 23rd and 24th
. Expect little to no content those two days.
Wretched excess is an unfortunate human trait that turns a perfectly good idea such as Christmas into a frenzy of last-minute shopping-or attaches the name of St. Patrick to the day of the year that bartenders fear most.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by Mufasa »

From what I have gathered certain players who look at ways to lynch/vig me seem to pop out as scum, and i believe Skitzer's whole statement which I damned him for earlier was very scummy as well. I believe Sera pushing the backpeddle on me when I am justifying my actions based on your questions is rediculous as well.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by darkdude »

HowardRoark wrote:
darkdude (194) wrote:I doubt OGB is scum because scum would try to use the alt account to their advantage.
Complete WIFOM.
Since when isn't there WIFOM? I'm trying to guess the WIFOM layer here, and it seem to me it's more likely he's town.
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

Wow, gone for 2 days, and 9 pages. Will catch up.
Is back.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”