skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by skitzer »

Well that's what I feel like. I have a weakness for making hasty generalizations.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by Mufasa »

ok for one Skiter is a screaming scum in his posts on this page.

My abilities only say Doctor Jailkeeper and Roleblocker each a one-shot, it still had no indication that the Doctor ability couldn't be used on yourself and I have never been doctor on this site so I did not know I couldn't self save. My apologies.

I noticed people looking at my meta. Feel free to look but I play each game accordingly to my role and the people playing.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by skitzer »

Now clearly you are lying. The mod of course used the same modular piece that is posted in the thread.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by skitzer »

Or wait...in the example PMs it never gives you the full description...so he may not be lying.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by Mufasa »

You may be the more retarded than me, wow you level of comprehension in that last statement was next to none. Seriously look at your pm and look at the examples they don't state much of an ability.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by skitzer »

I have already corrected myself.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by Seraphim »

roflcopter wrote:obviously if mufasa is not really a jack of all trades, the scum will not kill him. and we can lynch him at our leisure in a day or two if that is the case. if he
is
really a jack of all trades, he has a list of very useful abilities which are dangerous to the scum, and the scum are given a choice of either killing him, or risking leaving him alive to try and secure a mislynch on a later day, thus leaving themselves open to his doc protect, roleblock, and whatever else he's got up his jack of all sleeve.

lynching him today is just stupid.
I find myself agreeing with rofl on how to deal with Mufasa for now. However, I'm definitely going to keep watching him to ensure he doesn't slip under the radar.
Korts wrote:Why apologize for a read on alignment? Are you shyly bussing?
I apologize for being polite to someone I have a weak scum read on after one post. I will try to be more of a dick in the future.

Vote: skitzer

Thanks for unmasking the scum, rofl. The posts reads like scum jumping opportunistically on a bandwagon and then forced into a corner later by attacks.

Quote tag fixed.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Mufasa wrote: My abilities only say Doctor Jailkeeper and Roleblocker each a one-shot, it still had no indication that the Doctor ability couldn't be used on yourself and I have never been doctor on this site so I did not know I couldn't self save. My apologies.
Oh, right. Except you said this already:
Mufasa wrote:There is
one
ability in the Jack-of-all-trades meta that I do not have and that is the vig. I just used that name because you could all refer to the meta to see my active abilities
And the "Jack-of-All-Trades" role as listed in the rules post:
Active Abilities:

Cop:

1-Shot

Doctor:

1-Shot

Roleblocker:

1-Shot

Vigilante:

1-Shot
Where's the Jailkeeper? Another "mistake?"
I play each game accordingly to my role and the people playing.
Tell me how your role (of vanilla townie) or the players dictated that you claim Doctor in Open 122?

Tell me how this role, or this group of players dictated that you claim in your second post?

I am very close to voting you, FYI.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Thinking even further. You said the only role you didn't have was Vig., but there is Cop in the "Meta."

You have claimed Role-blocker AND Jailkeeper, which both role-block. This seems redundant.

I like this less and less.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Caboose »

ekiM wrote:Caboose following the policy vote on alvinz is weak sauce.
It's not like I don't have a reason.
Mix wrote:So it is a policy vote then? Please make up your mind.
No, it's not a policy vote. It's a pressure vote. But it's failing since no one is wagoning.

More alvinz wagon.

Trust me, it'll be worth it.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Caboose: What do you think of the newly found inconsistency in Mufasa's claim?

Mufasa: I think you are lying. You have now lied about your role...since when is Jailkeeper part of the classic JoAT?
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by Caboose »

Do you mean this one:
Axelrod wrote:Where's the Jailkeeper? Another "mistake?"
If Mufasa doesn't have a one-shot vig, he obviously doesn't have the role in the sample.

Again, I think everyone is hung up on a rigid definition of "JoAT". When Mufasa is claiming JoAT, I just think that he means he has a bunch of one-shot abilities.

That's not to say that there isn't the possibility that Mufasa is lying. Also, even if Mufasa does have the ability, that doesn't necessarily make him town.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by Seraphim »

No, earlier, he claimed he had all the abilties in the meta of a JoAT besides the vig. He does not have the cop which means he has lied.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by Caboose »

This is true.

But, as Seraphim should know, I'm not a really big fan of LAL, though it's hard to rationalize why a pro-town player would lie in this situation.

It's also really hard to rationalize why scum would lie in this situation.

Fine, I might be up for a Mufasa lynch, but first, alvinz wagon.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 2:26 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Caboose wrote:This is true.

But, as Seraphim should know, I'm not a really big fan of LAL, though it's hard to rationalize why a pro-town player would lie in this situation.

It's also really hard to rationalize why scum would lie in this situation.

Fine, I might be up for a Mufasa lynch, but first, alvinz wagon.
The problem isn't that he lied, though that is a big part of it. The worst part is how his abilities are now almost impossible to prove. He can't get any sort of investigations, he can only roleblock and protect.

This is very convent. Too convenient.
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by HowardRoark »

Mixologist (8) wrote:God damn Pittsburgh people.
What's wrong? Upset about the Steelers or the Penguins? :P

@ekiM: Did you know the reference in my username, or was it after looking at my wiki and Google-ing?
Caboose (57) wrote:I'm not trying to get alvinz lynched I'm trying to see if he will break down under the pressure.
This makes your vote worthless. If a wagon is built upon votes without the intention to lynch, then how is it pressure?

Mufassa's claim is poor. I hope that reaction to it is useful to finding scum.

FoS charter
for throwing shit to see what sticks.

ekiM's post 133 calling for prods and expecting more from those of us who have only posted once is just silly.
Axelrod (152) wrote:The "too stupid for scum" argument is not one that I've ever been fond of. Especially when made in defense of someone who has demonstrably acted stupidly before. It's neutral at best.
QFT

unvote
vote Korts

For his contrived case against Seraphim.

V/LA 22-29 MAY 2009

charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by charter »

Korts wrote:You have not given any opinion of Mufasa either. On what authority are you questioning my lack of stated opinion on the matter?
I said in the post I voted him that I wanted a lynch. What do you mean, on what authority? The authority that I'm trying to find and lynch scum. What the hell was the point of that question?
Mufasa wrote:Roleblocker: we have real doctors who won't be roleblocked and who hopefully should be smart enough to chose the right person to save.
If anyone claims to use any action other than vig on you, they need to be lynched.

I really do not see why there is still discussion going on. After Mufasa's stunt, he must be lynched. Not only did he claim in his not first post of the day, but his claim has changed twice since he made it.
SpyreX wrote:Well, let me be clearer.

(Policy, yea yea)

If OGB AND Mufasa are both town I will eat my hat.
If they are both town and are left alive we will lose.

One hangs, one hopefully dies. OGB first just because mufasa claimed, poorly, a role.
This is essentially the logic I'm going on. Mufasa first though, since he has declared himself to be the lynch. OGB is not so much a policy lynch as he is probably a scum lynch. I'm actually seeing Seraphim/Caboose as marginally scummier, but that's just splitting hairs at this point.
roflcopter wrote:dudes mufasa is pretty clearly town, no one should be voting for him
No. After someone makes an asinine claim like that, then changes it a few times, you lynch them. I'm not going to spend the rest of this game letting Mufasa create havoc.
rofl wrote:i mean, really, did anyone look at the EXAMPLE PMS provided with the ruleset? the name "jack-of-all-trades" is right there guys.
No shit, and that's exactly where I think he got it from. He certainly didn't get it from TDC, so that's why we're lynching him, fakeclaiming his role.
Seraphim wrote:Unvote Don't like the speed of this wagon at all. Mufasa is definitely still my #1 suspect but pressuring him with votes isn't going to do any good.
Keeping my vote on whichever of Seraphim and Mufasa currently has the most votes. Seraphim because he is definately scum, and Mufasa because if kept alive he will become a trainwreck and an unacceptable detriment to the town.
SpyreX wrote:However, are you ready for this, the fact he's claimed JOAT without the vig REALLY makes me think we have a separate vig around. If you shot him I wouldn't shed a tear.
In fact, if you don't shoot Mufasa tonight, I won't believe you if you ever claim.
roflcopter wrote:obviously if mufasa is not really a jack of all trades, the scum will not kill him. and we can lynch him at our leisure in a day or two if that is the case. if he
is
really a jack of all trades, he has a list of very useful abilities which are dangerous to the scum, and the scum are given a choice of either killing him, or risking leaving him alive to try and secure a mislynch on a later day, thus leaving themselves open to his doc protect, roleblock, and whatever else he's got up his jack of all sleeve.

lynching him today is just stupid.
Really? He's already proven he isn't useful enough for a powerrole. He has no vig for the town to use a second lynch. All of his one shots are entirely worthless if he doesn't hit scum, and since he's not given an opinion on anyone, I have no idea who he thinks is scum and not. Mufasa needs to be lynched, and there's also a good chance he is scum to boot.
Korts wrote:Seraphim needs a shinier wagon.
Agreed. It would be much to my liking if all those voting OGB voted Seraphim or Mufasa.

181- Holy crap. People seriously don't think Seraphim is scum?

190- HowardRoark is possible scum too. He drew zero conclusions in his post, but gave plenty of summaries. Plus he votes Korts for voting Seraphim, when Seraphim is almost certainly scum. Very, very scummy post.

Like I said, will contribute to both the Mufasa or Seraphim lynch as best I am able. Caboose and OGB and HowardRoark are my secondary lynch candidates.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

here been busy but am here. will read up on this highly active game and post comments!
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Once again, people fail to get an accurate read of my play. This is my town play, unfortunately.

charter, I have a difficult time defending against your attacks if you don't give me anything to defend against. Korts has given a case on why he thinks I'm scum, a case I can defend. You cannot say the same.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by darkdude »

I doubt OGB is scum because scum would try to use the alt account to their advantage. If they challenge people to find their other accounts and look up meta it would be disadvantageous for them. Plus the aforementioned thing - it's just unnecessary attention which scum would avoid.

Distracting town is bad, but I don't think in this case makes it more likely for OGB to be scum.

My initial reaction on Mufasa was indeed, "too stupid to be scum". There is meta suggesting that he is capable of this stupidity, but that's just a null tell. If there are examples of him doing this as scum, perhaps we can get a better read. But I'm too lazy to go on a meta hunt, sorry.
Mixologist
Mixologist
Goon
Mixologist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 4:22 pm

Post by Mixologist »

Haven't done a proper re-read since I've been home tonight, but this just caught my eye. Darkdude, instead of explaining why you don't find the top two sus people at the time scummy, why don't you contribute and say who you do find scummy.

Re-reading now.
Wretched excess is an unfortunate human trait that turns a perfectly good idea such as Christmas into a frenzy of last-minute shopping-or attaches the name of St. Patrick to the day of the year that bartenders fear most.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 6:15 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Maybe if we all hold hands and pray I can get a multi-daykill and fix this mess. Because holy hell in a handbasket.

OGB - dead man walking.
Mufasa - your ass better find a way to fix your mess or get killed. Either or works for me (HINT VIG THIS IS ME DIRECTING YOU).
Caboose - what the hell is your fixation with an alvins wagon?
Sera - IF (OGB = scum && Mufasa = town) THEN (Seraphim = dead)
Additionally:
(Darkdude / HowardRoark / skitzer)
Chance of at least 1 scum* in this grouping: 85%

*Something about the way this whole mess is going down + size of game makes me :tinfoil: on two scum groups / sk / other roles that do not win with the town.

There's some obvtowns around. YOU DONT GET TO KNOW WHO UNTIL ALL NAMES ABOVE HATH BEEN ELIMINATED.

It is written.
It is done.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 8:26 pm

Post by TDC »

Vote CountMufasa (5): charter, iamausername, Mixologist, Starbuck, skitzer
OozingGolfBall (4): roflcopter, X, SpyreX, ekiM
alvinz95 (1): Caboose
Mixologist (1): OozingGolfBall
skitzer (1): alvinz95
Seraphim (1): Korts
Caboose (1): inHimshallibe
skitzer (1): Seraphim
Korts (1): HowardRoark

Not Voting (6): ThAdmiral, darkdude, populartajo, Mufasa, Axelrod, tubby216

12 to lynch.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 11:55 pm

Post by ekiM »

Seraphim wrote:It's more than five votes now, I'm sure. And pressure isn't going to help in this situation as it is. Pressure doesn't help when deciding whether or not to lynch someone...pressure is getting someone to claim or getting them to post content. If you can demonstrate a need for pressure on Mufasa at this time, point it out and I will place my vote back in his direction.
It was five votes. Not paying attention? Then why were you worried?

Pressure isn't going to hurt in this situation, is it? I find it odd that you're trying to say that voting for your main suspect is not an appropriate use of your vote. What?
Seraphim wrote:
ekiM wrote:And what kind of tactic is making yourself look intentionally scummy? Seriously.
A tactic that has worked in the past and continues to work wonders. The early pressure is worth the reads I can get. I can be very, very deadly in LYOL if I can get my early game reads.
Sorry mang, pretty sure that early game reads aren't worth a bucket of spit compared to what comes later. As town, drawing suspicion to yourself by acting anti-town way outweighs the benefit of the reads you get in response. You make yourself a suspect when you shouldn't be, and distract townies from the real bad guys. Not. Worth it.

Skitzer --- *facepalm*. That is all.
Caboose wrote:
ekiM wrote:Caboose following the policy vote on alvinz is weak sauce.
It's not like I don't have a reason.
Mix wrote:So it is a policy vote then? Please make up your mind.
No, it's not a policy vote. It's a pressure vote. But it's failing since no one is wagoning.
Hint: If you tell someone "I am voting you for pressure to see if you slip up", they aren't going to feel pressured at all. Your vote isn't credible, which makes it useless. Placing useless votes is anti-town.
Howard Roark wrote:@ekiM: Did you know the reference in my username, or was it after looking at my wiki and Google-ing?
Yes.
Howard Roark wrote:ekiM's post 133 calling for prods and expecting more from those of us who have only posted once is just silly.
No. Several people hadn't seen the game had started, asking for them to be prodded is sensible. And pointing out people who no pro-town contribution helps stop them slipping under the radar.
HowardRoark wrote:V/LA 22-29 MAY 2009
That's nearly half of day one. :\

darkdude --- You've made two posts, and both of them have been defending OGB and Mufasa. That's not good enough.

Hey guys, let's not lynch Mufasa today, for his lynch would not be very informative. If we have a vig they can kill him tonight. Otherwise, I'd be happy to see him strung up tomorrow.

Still very happy with my vote on OGB, but Seraphim or skitzer look like good lynches, too.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 12:15 am

Post by Mufasa »

I seriously don't understand how I could be scum, or why you would lynch a townie when you know pretty damn well is a townie. The only reason why my claim had changed was because I didn't realize I couldn't self protect, and I didn't realize that the example pm had a cop in it, not a roleblocker. I really believe that at least one of the people that are for a vig on me today are scum, and I believe that Skitzer/Sera are scum. hmm S for Scum haha.
vote for sera

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”