Mini 773- Welcome to Lynchville! Perfection! (Over)

afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 10:06 am

Post by afatchic »

Your number ____ Votecount
qwints-(2)-Albert B. Rampage, hohum

BrianMcQueso-(2)-RedCoyote, Kublai Khan
Archon-(1)-qwints
Albert B. Rampage-(1)-alexhans

Not voting-(4)-Skruffs, Archon, BrianMcQueso, Light-kun

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Kublai Khan wrote:Oi. Just because you replaced Archon, it doesn't mean you have to post like Archon.
I Lol'd. :)

alexhans wrote:Welcome Skruffs! I hope you are VERY ACTIVE and contribute more and better than Archon.
Read and comment ASAP.
Skruffs replaced LesterGroans! :)

I'm still looking for a replacement for Archon. Sorry it's taking so long.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by Light-kun »

alexhans wrote: LK: If I thought you were claiming naive doctor I'd definetly go for your lynch RIGHT NOW. Because you've been in the chopper yesterday and only saved yourself because of your doc claim. After, you voted KK, not cater, so...

Does your PM mention sanities?
Well, no not really. I suppose your point is that since paranoid doctor is told he's paranoid, a naive (if one was) would be told? Interesting. Not to outguess the mod, but I can see telling paranoid he's paranoid. Informing a naive he's naive doesn't make sense.

By your logic though, I was roleblocked and am not naive.

Also: Hm... I see your point on the ctrl+F "cateraction " thing, but I guess from my perspective a mafia player, having just lost their godfather, would do everything to not make a mistake like that. A ridiculous accusation (as it has been proven to be) would be a huge mistake that scum would avoid to avoid suspicion, right? I think that the quieter players would be more likely to be mafia.

Hm... who's been quiet today?

Kubali Kahn
Chief sky/albert?
Lester groans/skruff (abandoned because of GF lynch?)

As a side note: Hohum was skittish, but I don't find it too scummy.

I dunno. Maybe Brian is scum, and the thought isn't that far, but it just seems like the EXACT opposite of what a scum would do.
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 1:02 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Last week of school, very busy with finals and semester projects...won't be able to make full length posts until I'm done with school and especially Linear Algebra which I suck balls at.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by alexhans »

LK wrote:By your logic though, I was roleblocked and am not naive.
yeah. That's what I think. And me seeing you as useful is what kept me from lynching you on day 1.
LK wrote:Also: Hm... I see your point on the ctrl+F "cateraction " thing, but I guess from my perspective a mafia player, having just lost their godfather, would do everything to not make a mistake like that. A ridiculous accusation (as it has been proven to be) would be a huge mistake that scum would avoid to avoid suspicion, right? I think that the quieter players would be more likely to be mafia.
LK... you can't just excuse a mistake by saying that scum would be more careful. Scum makes mistakes too. And if its a town mistake it's really bad because it was a false accusation.
LK wrote:Hm... who's been quiet today?

Kubali Kahn
KK hasn't been quiet IMO...
LK wrote:As a side note: Hohum was skittish, but I don't find it too scummy.
Skittish definition wrote: 1) Moving quickly and lightly; lively.
2) Restlessly active or nervous; restive.
3) Undependably variable; mercurial or fickle.
4) Shy; bashful.
The dead laughs at the hanged... lol. ;D
LK wrote:Lester groans/skruff (abandoned because of GF lynch?)
Meta him a bit... he was replaced in other games as well.
LK wrote:I dunno. Maybe Brian is scum, and the thought isn't that far, but it just seems like the EXACT opposite of what a scum would do.
How's that? What would scum do?
----------------------------------------
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Last week of school, very busy with finals and semester projects...won't be able to make full length posts until I'm done with school and especially Linear Algebra which I suck balls at.
Dude. You REPLACED INTO our game. You've read it. You voted qwints. I can understand you being busy irl but you haven't given us any content. You don't need to post walls of text. Just say in short sentences what you think of the game so far.
Anyway... Good luck with the finals.
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

RedCoyote wrote:Like you said, maybe we're at an impasse. You say you decided your vote purely based on KK's early play, right? I can't accept that. I can't accept that you, as townie, were that uninterested in understanding why cater was the alternative lynch. It's not like you were alone, Light-kun was in your same position. Light-kun asked why cater was chosen, and I tried to give him quick summary of why. I have to think you ignored that, not because you made a "dumb mistake" or whatever reason you gave us, but because you had a reason to not look over cater's activity.
I am sorry that you can not accept something I have said. It hasn't been the first time, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

I was not interested in a Cateraction lynch. Light-kun claimed doctor with literally less than 24 hours until deadline. At that point, I really wasn't interested in lynching or even paying attention to cateraction. Kublai Khan had set off my scumdar before. I was not the only one voting for him at that point. I saw a good lynch, and I wanted to make sure someone other than one of our two claimed power roles would be lynched.

Yes, I really wasn't interested in the cateraction wagon. I had a perfectly good alternative.
alexhans wrote:Brian 614: As I've said. Brian suspecting KK along the game and after voting for me is consistent. It would've been suspicious if he voted Cater and cater flipped town. Anyway, in this case, being wrong throws suspicion on you because you NEVER interacted with cater and that could be you avoiding links with your partner.
I am aware being wrong throws suspicion on me, I know how Mafia works. I'm not disagreeing that my actions yesterday make me look bad today. But cateraction
lurked
. I never interacted with him. Here, for your reference, is a list of all the people I haven't significantly interacted with (you can go ahead and read my ISO)

Albert B. Rampage
Archon
ChiefSkye4
Cream147
LesterGroans

If you'll notice, that's also a list of our least active people. When people don't talk a lot, I don't talk about them.
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by Light-kun »

alexhans wrote:
LK wrote:By your logic though, I was roleblocked and am not naive.
yeah. That's what I think. And me seeing you as useful is what kept me from lynching you on day 1.
Is that a threat? Be useful or I'll kill you? (This is mostly in jest.)
alexhans wrote:
LK wrote:Also: Hm... I see your point on the ctrl+F "cateraction " thing, but I guess from my perspective a mafia player, having just lost their godfather, would do everything to not make a mistake like that. A ridiculous accusation (as it has been proven to be) would be a huge mistake that scum would avoid to avoid suspicion, right? I think that the quieter players would be more likely to be mafia.
LK... you can't just excuse a mistake by saying that scum would be more careful. Scum makes mistakes too. And if its a town mistake it's really bad because it was a false accusation.
Hm... I suppose a dead townie (worst case) isn't too bad. However, I think it is better to consider other possibilities and rule them out first.
alexhans wrote:

Kubali Kahn
I think he's had 4 posts today, but I made that list from memory, so could be wrong.
alexhans wrote:
LK wrote:Lester groans/skruff (abandoned because of GF lynch?)
Meta him a bit... he was replaced in other games as well.
LK wrote:I dunno. Maybe Brian is scum, and the thought isn't that far, but it just seems like the EXACT opposite of what a scum would do.
How's that? What would scum do?
I think scum would be quiet. Didn't I say this?

About Lester: Does this mean you did that and he dropped off the map or that there are other games I should check to see if this is a common occurrence?

Note to self: Respond to Brian, can't now because I'm busy.
Show
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

alexhans wrote:Dude. You REPLACED INTO our game. You've read it. You voted qwints. I can understand you being busy irl but you haven't given us any content. You don't need to post walls of text. Just say in short sentences what you think of the game so far.
Anyway... Good luck with the finals.
If I didn't replace you would still have been in a night phase. I skimmed the thread and I found qwints suspicious without knowing the reason why yet. I'll post content on the newer posts but I don't have lotsa time to do the full re-read of doom.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Light-kun wrote:
alexhans wrote:

Kubali Kahn
I think he's had 4 posts today, but I made that list from memory, so could be wrong.
Not this again. This is what got you in trouble on Day 1. Compile evidence/accusations properly, then present it. None of this "I think... wait, I take it back" stuff. It's scummy.

I've posted my fair share today. As far as I'm concerned, we're waiting on Skruffs, Archon's replacement, and Albert B. Rampage to finally weight in on this game.
Albert B. Rampage wrote:If I didn't replace you would still have been in a night phase. I skimmed the thread and I found qwints suspicious without knowing the reason why yet. I'll post content on the newer posts but I don't have lotsa time to do the full re-read of doom.
You replaced in a week ago and you still haven't done more than skimmed? If you knew you had exams coming up, why'd you sign up for a new game that you'd have to read several pages worth?

Mod Edit: I Fixed your broken quote tags. If i flipped the names around or something PM me and ill fix it, but i think i did it right.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 12:55 am

Post by alexhans »

Brian wrote:If you'll notice, that's also a list of our least active people. When people don't talk a lot, I don't talk about them.
piece of advice... You SHOULD. Otherwise lurking scum will beat you.
LK wrote:Is that a threat? Be useful or I'll kill you? (This is mostly in jest.)
No. It's an explanation as to why I didn't lynch you yesterday. But consider it a warning. Someone claiming doc and after suggesting they're naive (wich equals VT).... not good... because it's like if you claimed when you were in danger and now you renounce your powers...
LK talking about Brian wrote:I think scum would be quiet. Didn't I say this?
I really don't follow... can you elaborate on this an its relevance to Brian?
LK wrote:About Lester: Does this mean you did that and he dropped off the map or that there are other games I should check to see if this is a common occurrence?
When you think a player is lurking you should go to his profile and look at the games he is playing... if he doesn't post in any of them then there's no reason to be suspicious... in this case... If you check his profile you'll see that he is being replaced on other games as well. So he is not replacing out ONLY from this game.
Albert wrote:If I didn't replace you would still have been in a night phase.
mmmm... There's other people who replace into games. You're not the only one... Skruffs just replaced for Lester so he could've been you.
Albert wrote:I skimmed the thread and I found qwints suspicious without knowing the reason why yet.
right. You find someone suspicious. Don't even know why (so we could call it a gut call) and you vote for them without saying anything else in your first posts? It's just odd IMO. There's no RVS when you replace into games.
I'll post content on the newer posts but I don't have lotsa time to do the full re-read of doom.
mmm... I agree with KK... You should've had a full-read by now... Do you have time? If not... why did you replace?
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 5:20 am

Post by hohum »

I'm back. I will catch up today.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 11:58 am

Post by Light-kun »

alexhans wrote:
LK talking about Brian wrote:I think scum would be quiet. Didn't I say this?
I really don't follow... can you elaborate on this an its relevance to Brian?
Brian hasn't been quiet. If scum would be quiet, in my opinion, Brian doesn't fit that definition. Maybe Brian's just stupid scum? I mean, he's made a careless error and he's been very vocal, but this seems like something town aligned players are more likely to do. It's possible Brian looked at RC's posts and when he didn't find cateraction in the posts he just jumped on it automatically. I think Mafia would use the wagons (like RC did, but RC made sense with them, so he doesn't necessarily count) to try and veer the town into a mislynch OR lurk for the rest of the game to avoid suspicion.

Anyway:
KK has 9 posts, so I guess he hasn't been that quiet after all.
Show
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 7:25 pm

Post by afatchic »

3 posts today, 3 posts yesterday... I'm really not liking the activity right now. I guess i will check to see if anyone is worthy of a prod yet. Sorry the Archon replacement is taking so long. I have posted in the replacement thread and mini normal thread as well as PM'ed multiple mod's in need or replacements telling them to ask anyone in their game if they would cross replace. I really don't know what to do at this point. If you know anyone that may join, have them PM me.
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 12:57 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

I guess we can always pressure the slackers.

unvote

vote: Albert B. Rampage

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 1:12 am

Post by Skruffs »

I intend to be very busy, however, my sister from Maryland is visiting the next two days so I may be absentee until then.
I can post pix if you need me to.
Do not construe the lack of activity for lack of interest!
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by afatchic »

*Chirp Chirp* This town is so quiet i can here crickets in the background...

On a different note, Brian McQueso, qwints, and RedCoyote are all being prodded. Still no luck on an Archon replacement. I'm trying my best to get one.
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by alexhans »

I've read most of a very recent game where Archon was lynched on D1 an was scum... He was very talkative at first wich got him in trouble and he was finally lynched (I'm still missing 5 pages so I don't know what were everyone's motives for the lynch but he sure looked some scumm from the beginning). Later he replaced into this game (I think timelines are correct) and he posts very little content... like if he was dissapointed with his role and didnt want to throw suspicion upon him....

Scum? townie? Wich is it?

I'm toying with the idea that we should lynch either him or Albert (wich STILL hasn't posted) and make Brian and qwints claim (in that order because qwints softclaimed) so that tomorrow we have something to go with regarding both players who I can't entirely see as scum although they have they're share of scummy things.

I'll go with either Albert or Archon. Anyway, I'd like to hear from Archon's replacement first.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 5:46 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

I'm finding myself agreeing with Light-Kun on the issue of scum keeping quiet on Day 2. The way that the deadline lynch happened at the end of Day 1 is a smorgasbord of leads for Day 2 and anyone that is avoiding commenting on it is scummy as hell.

The fact that Albert B. Rampage has only skimmed really irks me and Skruffs' attempt to get us to discuss something that's already been discussed was lame. Hopefully Skruffs will finally read the game on Thursday and participate.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 8:03 pm

Post by BrianMcQueso »

I'm here, but I'm sortof at a loss as to what to say. Not much has developed since my last post. We're at a lull, but I am hopeful that the lull will be remedied when some of our new replacements re-read and give us stuff to talk about. And if that doesn't happen, then... blarg.

I know that it's bad to let people sit and not address them, but I've typically found that inactivity is not linked with scumminess. And what can I really say to a person who's inactive? "Hey, start posting." "No, seriously, start posting". It's just easier responding to players who are saying things. *shrug*
alexhans wrote:I've read most of a very recent game where Archon was lynched on D1 an was scum... He was very talkative at first wich got him in trouble and he was finally lynched (I'm still missing 5 pages so I don't know what were everyone's motives for the lynch but he sure looked some scumm from the beginning). Later he replaced into this game (I think timelines are correct) and he posts very little content... like if he was dissapointed with his role and didnt want to throw suspicion upon him....
Or maybe he deduced that being talkative gets him lynched. Drawing "disappointed with role" is a little bit of a stretch, but I have seen that trend with other players in the past.
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 8:05 pm

Post by afatchic »

Happy Birthday Brian! Hope you enjoy it and may God bless you.
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 8:18 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Brian 614 wrote:Cateraction is mango juice. Do I like mango juice or not? I never said anything about mango juice. I didn't say if I did or didn't like it.
I think you get the jist of the analogy; I guess you just don't see your offense as, well, an offense.

I think it is scummy for a player to not have an opinion on someone, not consider why it is others have a negative opinion on them, and use your vote on another player who you've said to be leaning more town on. The combination of all that, Brian, really sticks out to me, more than anything else I've seen this game.

---
KK 616 wrote:I feel somewhat demeaned by [being called the apple juice]. :/
XD
Albert 618 wrote:All right guys put down the fruit drinks and let's catch some scum.
ROFL

---
alex 619 wrote:As I've said. Brian suspecting KK along the game and after voting for me is consistent. It would've been suspicious if he voted Cater and cater flipped town. Anyway, in this case, being wrong throws suspicion on you because you NEVER interacted with cater and that could be you avoiding links with your partner.
If by consistent you mean consistently vauge:
Brian 167 wrote:And as much as it pains me to say it, Kublai Khan is feeling better to me with time. Though I still think your early game play was suspect, your response to a lot of the accusations against you has been reasonable. Posts 147, 149, 153 and 155 are good posts.
To me, it's not even really about him avoiding interaction with cater, I don't think that's great but that's not what gets him my vote. It's the fact that he
admits
he wasn't interested in the cater case, didn't make an effort to see why cater was the alternative lynch, asked the Mod to extend the game's deadline because cater was being lynched, and accepted cater's end of day behavior as townie behavior. Adding all of that up doesn't sit right with me.

As far as your push on Albert goes, I get the feeling you're just trying to pressure him some. I may be a little bias because the last game I played with Albert he played kind of the same way and I was just like you, I really wanted him lynched. It turned out he flipped as an important power role that won the game for the town.

---
Skruffs 620 wrote:So according to page one's first count, Qwints has two votes.
Let's discuss this!
Welcome to the game! You'll want to ask Albert and hohum directly the reasoning behind their votes, but if you want my own opinion on him, I'll give you a quick quote,
RC 517 wrote:
qwints
:

Cream had virtually nothing to look at, but as soon as qwints joins the game, rather than give an opinion on the players in the game and on the current Archaist wagon, he, quite oddly, comments on every single KK post in the game. This amounts to a few large walls that would become the basis of qwints' KK vote upon replacing and at the end of the day.
qwints 252 wrote:1) Saying he didn't attack Brian when he did and 2) saying he wasn't pushing a policy lynch when he was (I refer to ppp, not archon.)
His case boils down to this, the first point being invalid and the second point being a reach at best. He concedes the first point is bad (post 256) but says his attitude is still too defensive.

I just don't see what all the fuss is about at this point. I don't know if it's a coincidence that qwints, Archon, and Brian were all major KK attackers throughout the day.
qwints 266 wrote:Scummy: Archaist. Kublai Kahn, lightkun and cateraction
Towny: alexhans, ChiefSky, BMQ, RedCoyote
Don't know: Lester, ppp973, archon
cater was in qwints' scummy section here, but apparently not scummy enough to consider jumping over KK.
cater 344 wrote:Qwints on the other hand, fits a scum role very well from what I've seen of him.

[...]

I think you're opportunistic scum pushing an easy wagon.
Vote: qwints
cater votes qwints, which was his first (and only) vote for anyone who didn't end up on his wagon. This could be distancing.
qwints 433 wrote:KK started out as my number one suspect and the complete dismissal of a PR on a flawed premise bothers me. Cateraction has been lurky and passive. No lynch is not really an option.

vote: Kublai Kahn

I will switch my vote if that's what it takes to avoid a tie
What I want to point about this is that qwints always had cater on his scummy side during D1, but what is particularly odd here is how qwints says he'll switch "to avoid a tie", but he never ends up doing this. Granted, he probably wasn't aware of the lynch going through despite a tie (as I wasn't either), but it still makes me a little uneasy.
Main issues with qwints:

∙ I see his original case on KK to be poor, and I see his intentional focus on KK as soon as he replaced to be a little short-sighted.
∙ cater is on qwints' list of four scummy people (along with Archaist, KK, and Light-kun), yet he never, in my opinion, truly considers his lynch. Although post 266 leads you to believe qwints would be happy with a cater
or
KK lynch, he keeps the votes tied and holds out for KK.
∙ The only person cater voted who ended up on the KK wagon at the end of the day was qwints, which could amount to distancing.

Moreover, I just wanted to say that you're in relatively good standing with me now, Skruffs. Lester put you in a pretty good spot, you've definitely got room to swing your weight and start some accusations.

---
KK 623 wrote:BrianMcQueso's "oops" just doesn't feel sincere.
Agreed. I get the feeling he was trying to sweep his accusations under the rug by calling cater a random choice, but it ended up backfiring.

I will grant Brian that he may not have realized the
extent
with which cater was talked about, but he surely knew that cater's name was brought up.

---
Light-kun 626 wrote:Hm... I see your point on the ctrl+F "cateraction " thing, but I guess from my perspective a mafia player, having just lost their godfather, would do everything to not make a mistake like that.
Perhaps.

But, Light-kun, are you not concerned with why this didn't bother Brian in the first place? If he was so sure that KK was scum, not even willing to consider the alternative... then he must've either thought highly of cater, or lowly of KK, or both. If he thought highly of cater, show me the quotes where he says as much. If he thought lowly of KK, why is he on record saying that KK is "feeling better" with him?

Hell, why don't we ask Brian why he isn't voting KK right now?
Light-kun 626 wrote:Lester groans/skruff (abandoned because of GF lynch?)
Seems very unlikely. Why did Lester vote cater then?

---
cater 629 wrote:I was not interested in a Cateraction lynch. Light-kun claimed doctor with literally less than 24 hours until deadline.
The deadline, I think, is your only saving grace, but if that's the case, if you weren't interested in pressuring cater at all, why did you push him for his claim?
cater 629 wrote:If you'll notice, that's also a list of our least active people. When people don't talk a lot, I don't talk about them.
Be that as it may, you should still keep some minor tabs on what other conversations are going on. You mentioned at some point that you don't get a scum vibe off me, and I appreciate that, but who are you interested in pushing? As much as I'm asking you to defend yourself, I'd like to know who your suspects are as well.

---
Light-kun 635 wrote:Brian hasn't been quiet. If scum would be quiet, in my opinion, Brian doesn't fit that definition. Maybe Brian's just stupid scum? I mean, he's made a careless error and he's been very vocal, but this seems like something town aligned players are more likely to do.
I think my accusations of Brian as above and beyond any and all other cases (there are other cases?) that have been made today.

Aside from the recent pressuring of Albert for not rereading the thread, I've yet to see anything since my post 517 where I called out Brian, qwints, and Archon.

---
Skruffs 638 wrote:I can post pix if you need me to.
"Hey, uh, sis, can I get some pictures of you for MafiaScum.net? I need proof to show the mod that I had an excused V/LA!"

XD

---
alex 640 wrote:I'll go with either Albert or Archon. Anyway, I'd like to hear from Archon's replacement first.
I agree with the second part, but not the first.

Our lynch should definitely be Brian or qwints. I think Archon is too "shot-in-the-dark" at the moment, and I may just say the same thing about Albert. If anything Albert may need to be replaced as well. Archon's meta is conflicting, but Albert is playing to his town meta unless someone can prove otherwise. Right now that's about all I've got to go off either of them.

---
KK 641 wrote:I'm finding myself agreeing with Light-Kun on the issue of scum keeping quiet on Day 2. The way that the deadline lynch happened at the end of Day 1 is a smorgasbord of leads for Day 2 and anyone that is avoiding commenting on it is scummy as hell.
This is a pretty good point, I think you phrased it better than Light-kun did.

Still, I'm not convinced Brian or qwints have played much like town, and I'm conflicted on both Albert and Archon. Let's wait for the replacement, I have a feeling we can't get three bad replacements in a row. XD
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 7:37 am

Post by Light-kun »

Kublai Khan wrote:I'm finding myself agreeing with Light-Kun on the issue of scum keeping quiet on Day 2. The way that the deadline lynch happened at the end of Day 1 is a smorgasbord of leads for Day 2 and anyone that is avoiding commenting on it is scummy as hell.

The fact that Albert B. Rampage has only skimmed really irks me and Skruffs' attempt to get us to discuss something that's already been discussed was lame. Hopefully Skruffs will finally read the game on Thursday and participate.
True. Do you have any leads. And since I've failed to do it yesterday (didn't get on), I'm going to go look up Lester Groans as I was asked to do.

As for the above: Archon sounds like scum by that analysis Alex; however, does anyone know if he does this quiet thing with a townie role? (I'd assume Archon PR would have been more talkative due to being able to claim to save himself, but that isn't outside the realm of possibility despite his quietness.)

Nevermind the lester thing, since he voted Cater. Didn't realize that. (Thanks RC!)

Also, excuse me if my point was bare bones and included only the essentials. The "holes" were all self evident to me, and KK got it... (slightly peeved).

Anyway, I like Qwints for scum over Brian.

Why?
Qwints lost interest in his mega case on KK just because I joined. Looks like paranoia to be associated with me on what, if KK is town, would be a mislynch. (If Qwints is scum, KK is town, I'm sure.)

His interaction (above) around the Cater wagon also looks scummy, and with me claimed, he didn't have to worry about associating with the guy who looked scummy.

Qwints overall play hasn't been very pro town to me.

However, I'm not voting him because he hasn't been exactly quiet (with a mega 15 posts!) Plus, his point on Archon actually makes sense.

On Brian, I don't get scum from his play. I get overexcited player OR a player playing too quickly. Neither of these fits how the mafia would be acting. (If Brian's sk, he might act this way, and we can't eliminate that as a possibility yet can we?)
Show
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 10:48 am

Post by qwints »

Acknowledging my prod. Will post after i get home from my new summer job.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by qwints »

Light-kun wrote: Anyway, I like Qwints for scum over Brian.

Why?
Qwints lost interest in his mega case on KK just because I joined. Looks like paranoia to be associated with me on what, if KK is town, would be a mislynch. (If Qwints is scum, KK is town, I'm sure.)

His interaction (above) around the Cater wagon also looks scummy, and with me claimed, he didn't have to worry about associating with the guy who looked scummy.

Qwints overall play hasn't been very pro town to me.
You're analysis of me leaving the KK wagon doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Scum want non-scum to join their wagons on townies. Saying that me being scum clears KK is absolutely crazy. Scum attacking their partners and then jumping off the wagon before it gains steam is quite common. I really don't know what to make of this point except to say that it's wrong.

As to your next two points, I don't know how to respond - my action re:cater "were scummy" and I haven't been very "pro-town." There's nothing wrong with a few generalizations, but if you want a response from me you'll need to be more detailed.

RC on BMQ:
redcoyote wrote: To me, it's not even really about him avoiding interaction with cater, I don't think that's great but that's not what gets him my vote. It's the fact that he admits he wasn't interested in the cater case, didn't make an effort to see why cater was the alternative lynch, asked the Mod to extend the game's deadline because cater was being lynched, and accepted cater's end of day behavior as townie behavior. Adding all of that up doesn't sit right with me.
QFT. This post in particular seemed very scummy to me:

BrianMcQueso wrote:
I was not interested in a Cateraction lynch. Light-kun claimed doctor with literally less than 24 hours until deadline. At that point, I really wasn't interested in lynching or even paying attention to cateraction. Kublai Khan had set off my scumdar before. I was not the only one voting for him at that point. I saw a good lynch, and I wanted to make sure someone other than one of our two claimed power roles would be lynched.
Yes, I really wasn't interested in the cateraction wagon. I had a perfectly good alternative.
Note that this is basically a dressed up, "I was too lazy to scum hunt" defense. He says he wasn't "interested" in cater twice and that he wasn't even paying attention to cater. Despite the fact that cater was squirming pretty bad in the run up to the lynch.

Futhermore, it's disingenuous for Brian to claim his only goal was to avoid a claimed-PR lynch. Let's look at Brian's end of day 1 post:
BrianMcQueso wrote:
MOD:
Can we have an extension? Please? I know you've given us a boatload of extra time already, but I'm just asking for another... 24 hours. So much has developed recently.

I'm really not buying the case against cateraction. Everyone has the instinct for self-preservation, regardless of alignment. And unvoting the doctor without re-voting is not scummy play.

While Kublai Khan has gotten a lot more pro-town as the game has progressed, his early play is deciding my vote. I'd rather see him lynched than cateraction, at this point.
vote: Kublai Khan
RC already pointed out the deadline request, but he doesn't go far enough in rejecting Brian's defense. Brian was vigorously fighting for a KK lynch over a cater lynch.

All that said, I think it's a huge mistake to write off a lurker lynch today. Archon's only real post was extremely scummy, as I've already gone into.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed May 20, 2009 6:39 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I guess we're just butting heads.

If y'all are really deadset on Brian as town, then we'll just wait for the Archon replacement. Like I said, I technically can't oppose an Archon lynch for his behavior, but reading some of his meta, and with KK's own input, I'm less supportive of it than I was before.

I will not lynch him before a replacement comes though.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2009 6:23 am

Post by qwints »

Who besides LK is "dead set" on Brian being town?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”