ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 9:27 am

Post by ekiM »

Mod: VC is slightly in error, tubby216 was voted BY HowardRoark, he didn't vote FOR him. tubby hasn't posted yet.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Seraphim »

rofl: I dunno, rofl. You haven't seen Mufasa's past play. I've certainly been weighing whether or not he's town in my head.

OGB: Who do you think is scum? Instead of posting one-liners defending yourself sorta, please scumhunt.

inHimshallIbe: I'm sorry but your first post reads scum to me...placing your vote on someone in no danger of being lynched while you catch up so that you seem like you're doing something is very scummy. Please explain your case against Caboose in more detail.

Unvote
Don't like the speed of this wagon at all. Mufasa is definitely still my #1 suspect but pressuring him with votes isn't going to do any good.

FoS: ekiM
urm, no. I don't want him to claim any more abilities. It's pretty clear what abilities he has claimed if you read into his posts. If he really is a JoAT, he's a fairly useless one now. Don't try to make him ever more useless.

Mix: I wasn't fishing for a reason to vote you(I could do a lot better job than that). I was fishing for a reaction to my obvious anti-town behavior.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 9:42 am

Post by Axelrod »

roflcopter wrote: its a question of motivation. claiming out of the clear blue sky on day one before a serious wagon has even really taken off on anyone is undeniably stupid, and will bring the house down on your head. scum do not want that kind of attention. they can't afford that kind of attention. therefore it is beyond silly to believe that any scum, experienced or otherwise, would do what he did. the fact that he is clearly an inexperienced player lends further credence to the fact that his ability to convincingly fakeclaim probably isn't well developed, and the way he's been explaining his claim really seems like a truthful misunderstanding of the way his one shot doctor ability is supposed to work, not to mention he specifies that his list of abilities does not exactly match the list given in the sample pms.

and the wagon that has sprung up on him as a result has opportunism written all over it. especially the reasoning of "he claimed a catchy role name when we're not given catchy role names in our pms."

i mean, really, did anyone look at the EXAMPLE PMS provided with the ruleset? the name "jack-of-all-trades" is right there guys.

we need to get back to lynching ogb.
The "too stupid for scum" argument is not one that I've ever been fond of. Especially when made in defense of someone who has demonstrably acted stupidly before. It's neutral at
best

I mean seriously, how does someone - anyone - make posts like these?
Now why would you lynch me? I am a useful asset to the town.
How can I be scum where my role only wins when all threats to the town are eliminated?
Is he functionally retarded? Is he really saying "How can I be scum when it says right here in my role PM that I'm town? Who says that with a straight face?

So, is he pulling our legs then? Is this some kind of game? How stupid can I act before I get lynched for it?

I didn't say before, but the other thing I saw in my "review" of his games was his first newbie game, where he was scum, and in that game he
faked
a role PM from the
Mod.
saying he was vanilla town and posted it in the thread, earning himself a mod-kill. For one's very first game, ignoring the fact that it totally broke the rules, that seems fairly sophisticated. This appears to be someone who gambits, regardless of being town or scum. And that's someone to be very wary of.

I don't think he's completed any other games, so I haven't reviewed them, but his track record appears to be...not reassuring. So at the moment I'm waiting for him to come back and say something else.
axelrod, why haven't you commented on anything yet except for mufasa? his claim is far from the only thing that happened before you posted.
It was by far the most significant thing to have happened up to that point. We're only ~140 posts in. I don't like making absolute judgments that quickly. Saying stuff like:
we need to get back to lynching ogb.
^^^ lynch this guy now
Like there's some kind of open and shut case out there is not helpful - Which doesn't mean I'm actually a fan of OGB.

I'm much more interested in getting Mufasa figured out first though. Much more.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 9:45 am

Post by Axelrod »

Seraphim wrote:
Unvote
Don't like the speed of this wagon at all. Mufasa is definitely still my #1 suspect but pressuring him with votes isn't going to do any good.
Really?

Why not?
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 9:47 am

Post by ekiM »

Seraphim - If it's pretty clear what his abilities are, how is it suspicious to ask him to restate what he has already said for clarity? How would that make him more useless?

Why are you unvoting your main suspect? How is pressuring your main suspect with 5 votes a bad thing?

And what kind of tactic is making yourself look intentionally scummy? Seriously.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 9:55 am

Post by SpyreX »

I could see a few scum-maneuvers for the pants-on-head retardation we've seen from Mufasa that would be BRILLIANT. Thus, I doubt its there. So, he IS probably town.

However, are you ready for this, the fact he's claimed JOAT without the vig REALLY makes me think we have a separate vig around. If you shot him I wouldn't shed a tear.

That said.

I'm fairly confident in OGB being scum. Furthermore, if he is, like I think... at least one of those early votes is scum. I will be doing a more detailed analysis, but it would be too creamy to not jump on and jump on fast if your partner decided to go dangle over the ledge just asking for a push.

I would like to get him lynched BEFORE I do the full analysis but initial reads look poorly on Sera and X (to a degree).

Caboose, despite the twitching, looks alright as of now.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 9:55 am

Post by Seraphim »

ekiM wrote:Seraphim - If it's pretty clear what his abilities are, how is it suspicious to ask him to restate what he has already said for clarity? How would that make him more useless?
Scum might have not figured it out. Or, maybe I'm lying and he hasn't posted them somewhere. But clarifying things for town right now is just as good as clarifying it for the scum. We're directing his doctor ability whether or not we like it. No need to give the scum more info than they need to know.
ekiM wrote:Why are you unvoting your main suspect? How is pressuring your main suspect with 5 votes a bad thing?
It's more than five votes now, I'm sure. And pressure isn't going to help in this situation as it is. Pressure doesn't help when deciding whether or not to lynch someone...pressure is getting someone to claim or getting them to post content. If you can demonstrate a need for pressure on Mufasa at this time, point it out and I will place my vote back in his direction.
ekiM wrote:And what kind of tactic is making yourself look intentionally scummy? Seriously.
A tactic that has worked in the past and continues to work wonders. The early pressure is worth the reads I can get. I can be very, very deadly in LYOL if I can get my early game reads.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 9:55 am

Post by roflcopter »

ok, seraphim is plunging down the town charts and heading very quickly towards scum territory.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 10:01 am

Post by TDC »

A reminder:
The Rules wrote:All Mod communication should go through PMs, please do not request me to do things in thread. You may never quote anything you received as PM from me.
Please try to follow this, not only does it increase the chance of me reacting to it, it also doesn't clutter the thread.

Vote CountMufasa (4): charter, iamausername, Mixologist, Starbuck
OozingGolfBall (4): roflcopter, X, SpyreX, ekiM
alvinz95 (1): Caboose
Mixologist (1): OozingGolfBall
skitzer (1): alvinz95
Seraphim (1): Korts
tubby216 (1): HowardRoark
Caboose (1): inHimshallibe

Not Voting (8): ThAdmiral, darkdude, skitzer, populartajo, Mufasa, Axelrod, tubby216, Seraphim

12 to lynch.

Reminding ThAdmiral, skitzer and tubby216 that the day started.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 11:27 am

Post by skitzer »

Here:

Let's consider something here: If Mufasa isn't really a Jack-Of-All-Trades and is scum, then scum won't kill him, obviously. We should lynch Mufasa.

Vote: Mufasa

Not sure of the cases on caboose and Seraphim, and I'm not sure on iamusername's initial vote of alvinz95.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 11:34 am

Post by roflcopter »

skitzer.. *facepalm*
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 11:37 am

Post by roflcopter »

obviously if mufasa is not really a jack of all trades, the scum will not kill him. and we can lynch him at our leisure in a day or two if that is the case. if he
is
really a jack of all trades, he has a list of very useful abilities which are dangerous to the scum, and the scum are given a choice of either killing him, or risking leaving him alive to try and secure a mislynch on a later day, thus leaving themselves open to his doc protect, roleblock, and whatever else he's got up his jack of all sleeve.

lynching him today is just stupid.
soi soi soi

skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 11:38 am

Post by skitzer »

Well, there is certainly more reasoning towards lynching him than lynching OGB.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 11:40 am

Post by roflcopter »

skitzer wrote:Well, there is certainly more reasoning towards lynching him than lynching OGB.
uh.. thats a nice little nugget of a post right there. are you going to explain why you feel this way? what evidence you have for this statement?

and your reason why mufasa should be lynched is because there is "more reasoning towards lynching him than lynching ogb"? what about, i don't know, EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS GAME? its not like if you hate the ogb wagon you don't have other choices aside from the claimed power role.
soi soi soi

skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 11:43 am

Post by skitzer »

Well, mufasa is likely lying, town or scum, due to his misinterpretation of the doctor ability. Have you seen his meta?

OGB's case is a post during the RVS that fired certain people up. I don't think any of us knew initially who OBG was an alt of, and I, for one, still don't know.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 11:45 am

Post by roflcopter »

skitzer wrote:Well, mufasa is likely lying, town or scum, due to his misinterpretation of the doctor ability. Have you seen his meta?
what makes it more likely that he's lying about misinterpreting the doctor ability vs him actually misinterpreting the doctor ability?
skitzer wrote:OGB's case is a post during the RVS that fired certain people up. I don't think any of us knew initially who OBG was an alt of, and I, for one, still don't know.
you are 1) completely missing the crux of the whole ogb case, to the point where i doubt you even bothered to read the thread and 2) actively aiding ogb's intentions of making this game about guessing who he is instead of figuring out who the scum is.

get with the program
soi soi soi

skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 11:50 am

Post by skitzer »

well, I assume mufasa can read, and it's written right there in the ability.

as for OGB, I see nothing in his four posts except maybe a sense of brashness and his lurking. I did read the thread, FY!.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 11:51 am

Post by roflcopter »

skitzer wrote:well, I assume mufasa can read, and it's written right there in the ability.

as for OGB, I see nothing in his four posts except maybe a sense of brashness and his lurking. I did read the thread, FY!.
well you obviously missed the part where multiple people explain in very clear terms why what ogb did was indicative of being scum
soi soi soi

tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 11:53 am

Post by tubby216 »

so sorry completely spaced diddn't realize day one has started.
i will read the last 6 or so pages and get something up by tomorrrow. agian my appologies
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 11:55 am

Post by skitzer »

Because he wanted to confirm his alt-ness? That seems like something whoevers alt this is would do.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 11:56 am

Post by roflcopter »

skitzer wrote:Because he wanted to confirm his alt-ness? That seems like something whoevers alt this is would do.
so why hasn't he done anything else besides try to make it a guessing game and whine about people voting for him?

and why are you still voting for mufasa? did my explanation of why we should leave him alive not make sense to you?
soi soi soi

skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 11:58 am

Post by skitzer »

Because that's what whoevers alt this is would do. I'm also apt to guess that it is zwet.

It made sense, but I still would rather lynch him today.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by roflcopter »

skitzer wrote:It made sense, but I still would rather lynch him today.
then please explain why lynching him today is better than the alternative i presented.
soi soi soi

skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by skitzer »

Because I don't think scum will consider "leaving him for a mislynch". Plus, if he weren't lynched and didn't die tonight, you could pass this off as the above and we could be incorrect. The question is: How long will the scum leave him for a mislynch?

It's easier just to lynch him now and use later lynches when we have more information.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 12:12 pm

Post by Korts »

Seraphim wrote:inHimshallIbe: I'm sorry but your first post reads scum to me...
Why apologize for a read on alignment? Are you shyly bussing?

Seraphim needs a shinier wagon.

I don't like skitzer's posts, particularly where he sets up a false dichotomy that if Mufasa won't be lynched, OGB will. I also don't like any of the people on the Mufasa wagon.
scumchat never die

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”