Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2450 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 10:24 pm

Post by Empking »

Kinetic wrote:
ortolan wrote:What did you ask them?
Now what would be the point of the topic now if we just re posted everything here now?
I'd prefer you claimed what you asked.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2451 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 10:27 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Empking wrote:
Kinetic wrote:
ortolan wrote:What did you ask them?
Now what would be the point of the topic now if we just re posted everything here now?
I'd prefer you claimed what you asked.
Haha, First Ort tells me I should try and make masons useful. His next immediate question is to make them useless. And you support him.

This is quite the funny tandom you two have here.

Don't worry, I'm sure SSK will post it, he is ripe for you to all think he's town.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2452 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 10:39 pm

Post by ortolan »

Kinetic (2449) wrote:Now what would be the point of the topic now if we just re posted everything here now?
What is the point of the topic if you don't post everything here?

I would actually very much like to see the contents of the quicktopic if allowed by the game rules, it would help us to be able to analyse the likelihood of one or possibly even all of you being scum.
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

Feel free to PM me to be ready in case I need a replacement.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2453 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 11:02 pm

Post by Kinetic »

ortolan wrote:
Kinetic (2449) wrote:Now what would be the point of the topic now if we just re posted everything here now?
What is the point of the topic if you don't post everything here?
There is no point to the topic if everything is just posted here. I might as well just delete the topic and post here.

The point of the role and the topic is clear. It is a power to be able to talk privately and one that can be used better than has been previously. Obviously that power has been diminished by the fact that all the masons are public now, but it still exists.

If there is a scum mason then it is very likely that they already know everything that is going on there, however I'm starting to believe that isn't the case. And if that is so then not using the topic will only help scum.

You told me it was not too late to use the role as it was meant to be, and then you turn around and tell me not to? Make up your damn mind. I've made up mine.
I would actually very much like to see the contents of the quicktopic if allowed by the game rules, it would help us to be able to analyse the likelihood of one or possibly even all of you being scum.
Un hunh. That's right, three day masons all of which are scum. *rolls eyes*

Even if it were allowed I wouldn't post the quick topic, but I'm sure SSK would, he's all for doing anything you want if you won't lynch him or if it turns eyes away from him.

As for the contents of the topic, I've shared all I'm going to share at this point. The two of them have squandered the topic so far and if they refuse to participate they will continue to squander it.

The two of them may be desperate to find your favor, but I'm not. So if they tell you I'll be displeased, but no less so then when I joined this game and found the pithy state the topic was already.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #2454 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 11:07 pm

Post by Empking »

Kinetic wrote: Un hunh. That's right, three day masons all of which are scum. *rolls eyes*

I think if you're scum, he doesn't think you're actual day masons.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2455 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 1:21 am

Post by ortolan »

ok how about we give you a week to use your quicktopic as it was intended then you paste logs/paraphrase everything that went on
Currently modding Mole Mafia: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=20529

MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2456 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 1:30 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

ortolan wrote:ok how about we give you a week to use your quicktopic as it was intended then you paste logs/paraphrase everything that went on
No.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2457 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 1:31 am

Post by ortolan »

Why not?

MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2458 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 1:33 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

ortolan wrote:Why not?
Because after the week the topic will yet again be useless and we might as well delete it.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2459 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 1:38 am

Post by elvis_knits »

What the fuck is the problem with explaining what is in the quicktopic? I do not understand.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2460 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 3:01 am

Post by elvis_knits »

So tajo is the only one who hasn't posted since day started. It's been about 36 hours.

My current thinking is to lynch tajo first.

I am still worried about image, but the masons are really pissing me off. I do not understand what kinetic is trying to do by keeping mason communication a secret. I don't know if screenshots are even allowed in this game, but I feel like kinetic is worried he'll be forced to post one and it'll be all "OMG GUYS WE'RE SCUM PULLING OFF A FAKE MASON CLAIM LULLLLLLLLZZZZZZ!!!!1111!!!"

Why else are the mason's so resistant to talking about their QT? Why is kinetic and now mafiassk talking about deleting the topic? Threatening to delete the topic is very suspicious to me. Getting rid of damaging information?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2461 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 3:12 am

Post by Kinetic »

elvis_knits wrote:Why else are the mason's so resistant to talking about their QT? Why is kinetic and now mafiassk talking about deleting the topic? Threatening to delete the topic is very suspicious to me. Getting rid of damaging information?
Make up your damn minds. We told you everything that was there, which was nothing. I plan on changing that, using the QT as it was meant to be. If we're required to then tell everything that happens the QT becomes useless again and there is no reason for us even to use it. You'd just be handicapping us at best and making us completely worthless at worse.

I never intended to "delete" the QT, and I have no problem linking it after the game is done, but private communications will stay private until such a time as the game is over. If you can't accept that then tough. I'm not changing my mind on this issue. I might be persuaded to stop using the QT altogether, but I'll be damned if I'm going to post anything more about what is in it.

If you don't want us to use the QT anymore, say it straight. But if we are going to use it that requires us not to talk about its contents anymore. We've already all been forced to claim and that severely weakens the role. Any more dilution and we might as well be vanilla.
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2462 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 3:13 am

Post by ortolan »

Um why would you not be prepared to post the quicktopic if it's not against the rules?

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2463 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 3:24 am

Post by Kinetic »

ortolan wrote:Um why would you not be prepared to post the quicktopic if it's not against the rules?
It would be against the rules, number 1 (see rules 4 and 7). Under 4, your roles don't allow you to communicate outside this thread in anyway. Looking at the QT would break that rule. Helping you break that rule would most likely get me modkilled.

Also, rule 7, since the QT link would be a direct quote from the role PM would also get us mod-killed.

But that is besides the point, there is a more fundamental rule of mafia that would be broken and at its very core I will not attempt to subvert that rule even if you could find some "technical" reason for it to be allowed.

The way I feel about it is as if you were asking me to quote my role PM. Even if there was not a direct rule against it I still would not do it.

I won't be a party to it and if you force me to I'd sooner replace out of the game.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #2464 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 3:31 am

Post by populartajo »

Im here.

Got no result again.

Im going to be terribly busy today.

Please dont do anything crazy until I come back.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2465 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 3:31 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Kinetic wrote: If we're required to then tell everything that happens the QT becomes useless again
I don't understand how the QT becomes useless.

Reporting back to us what is happening in the thread should not change the answers that anyone gives, etc.

Regarding the modkill issues, I have pmed Yos.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #2466 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 3:36 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Kinetic wrote:The way I feel about it is as if you were asking me to quote my role PM. Even if there was not a direct rule against it I still would not do it.
I don't understand how linking to the QT is the same as quoting your role pm.

I don't think that the QT can confirm your allignment one way or the other (unless you're all scum faking this mason claim, and there is incriminating evidence in the QT).

I do agree that we should ask Yos though.
Talk nerdy to me.

ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2467 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 3:41 am

Post by ortolan »

If there is no game rule against quoting quicktopics and your faction can gain from doing so then if you don't you are breaking the site-wide rule of "play to win".

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2468 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 3:54 am

Post by Kinetic »

elvis_knits wrote:
Kinetic wrote: If we're required to then tell everything that happens the QT becomes useless again
I don't understand how the QT becomes useless.

Reporting back to us what is happening in the thread should not change the answers that anyone gives, etc.

Regarding the modkill issues, I have pmed Yos.
If we are going to tell you the conversations, why don't we just have them here?

That is the difference.
elvis_knits wrote:
Kinetic wrote:The way I feel about it is as if you were asking me to quote my role PM. Even if there was not a direct rule against it I still would not do it.
I don't understand how linking to the QT is the same as quoting your role pm.

I don't think that the QT can confirm your allignment one way or the other (unless you're all scum faking this mason claim, and there is incriminating evidence in the QT).

I do agree that we should ask Yos though.
It doesn't matter what effect it would have on confirming my alignment. The fact remains it was given as a direct quote and therefore even TALKING about it could provoke a modkill.

But that is besides the point. I refuse to quote the QT in any fashion whether it is technically against the rules or not.
ortolan wrote:If there is no game rule against quoting quicktopics and your faction can gain from doing so then if you don't you are breaking the site-wide rule of "play to win".
And you are breaking the unspoken rule of good faith. If the mods were forced to write every single possible occurrence that could be noteworthy of a rule break than that list would be cumbersome.

Eventually the mod is going to have to have good faith in the players not to try and subvert the spirit of the rules and the game. I refuse to break my honor. I'd rather lose the game than have my site-wide reputation be that I'll do anything, even subvert or attempt to subvert the game in an unfair way.

I'm all for breaking games and working to try and out guess the mod. I have fun doing that, its a challenge and it also makes for better future game development. I refuse to do something like this which is, to quote Tar, "plain jackassery".
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2469 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 4:05 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Kinetic wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:
Kinetic wrote:From what I've seen of both Steph and SSK, despite them both being horrible masons
If you have any ideas on what exactly I should have done differently with unconfirmed partners, one of whom was acting in a ridiculous fashion, you just let me know. What exactly could working together accomplish when we can't trust one another?
You don't need to work together. In that thread it should have been like a small mafia game. Questioning each other and talking things out. Instead the thread was basically dead and useless for anything.
And this is supposed to help exactly how? What good does a game-within-a-game do?

Why didn't you respond to my PM?
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #2470 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 4:08 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

populartajo wrote:Im here.

Got no result again.

Im going to be terribly busy today.

Please dont do anything crazy until I come back.

Who did you target?
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2471 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 4:11 am

Post by Kinetic »

Stephoscope wrote:
Kinetic wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:
Kinetic wrote:From what I've seen of both Steph and SSK, despite them both being horrible masons
If you have any ideas on what exactly I should have done differently with unconfirmed partners, one of whom was acting in a ridiculous fashion, you just let me know. What exactly could working together accomplish when we can't trust one another?
You don't need to work together. In that thread it should have been like a small mafia game. Questioning each other and talking things out. Instead the thread was basically dead and useless for anything.
And this is supposed to help exactly how? What good does a game-within-a-game do?
If you have nothing to hide than you don't need to worry about what I find, now do you?
Why didn't you respond to my PM?
I've received more than 50 pms in the last week alone and my computer crashed. I'm still trying to get my computer back to 100%. I don't remember if I read one from your or not.

We have the QT to communicate in and I have no reason not to post anything in there that I wish to talk to the masons about.

You are voting for SSK, obviously you either think he is scum or you are setting up a lynch for both of us. Do you want me to participate? Back you up?

Talk in the QT if you want to discuss things like that or talk about them here. I have no time for petty PM games.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2472 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 4:18 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Kinetic wrote:If you have nothing to hide than you don't need to worry about what I find, now do you?
I'm not worried about any such thing, but why do you think it is somehow better for you to share your thoughts just with SSK and myself, as opposed to everyone? You have repeatedly avoided a straight answer to this.
Kinetic wrote:You are voting for SSK, obviously you either think he is scum or you are setting up a lynch for both of us. Do you want me to participate? Back you up?

Talk in the QT if you want to discuss things like that or talk about them here. I have no time for petty PM games.
I really don't care what you think, or what you do, or what you've decided is "petty". I will participate in the QT if I am convinced it will be helpful; until then, I consider this mason stuff to be virtually useless here, other than that the way everything went down has confirmed me as town to some extent.
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2473 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 4:25 am

Post by Kinetic »

Stephoscope wrote:
Kinetic wrote:If you have nothing to hide than you don't need to worry about what I find, now do you?
I'm not worried about any such thing, but why do you think it is somehow better for you to share your thoughts just with SSK and myself, as opposed to everyone? You have repeatedly avoided a straight answer to this.
I can't avoid giving a straight answer to a question that was not asked previously.

Either way, I'm not going to give you advice on what to or not to do. Participate in the QT or don't, but that is your decision, not mine.
Kinetic wrote:You are voting for SSK, obviously you either think he is scum or you are setting up a lynch for both of us. Do you want me to participate? Back you up?

I really don't care what you think, or what you do, or what you've decided is "petty". I will participate in the QT if I am convinced it will be helpful; until then, I consider this mason stuff to be virtually useless here, other than that the way everything went down has confirmed me as town to some extent.
[/quote]

Helpful to whom? Helpful to only you? How do you determine that? Are you somehow more important?

And I'd love to see how you're confirmed town more than anyone else. If anything your responses and actions have made me more suspicious of you than of SSK with how everything is going down.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2474 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 4:30 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Kinetic wrote:Helpful to whom? Helpful to only you? How do you determine that? Are you somehow more important?
Helpful to the town, of course. I see no reason to trust you, nor assume you have the same goals in mind, enough to want to discuss things with you (and SSK) behind the back of everyone else.
Kinetic wrote:And I'd love to see how you're confirmed town more than anyone else. If anything your responses and actions have made me more suspicious of you than of SSK with how everything is going down.
Terrifying.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”