Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by Mufasa »

But using that sense, it could make a lot of sense for you to be using this information to confuse the town by yourself and cause doubt.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Mufasa wrote:But using that sense, it could make a lot of sense for you to be using this information to confuse the town by yourself and cause doubt.
I'm not creating doubt. I'm pointing out the doubt you have created on your own by claiming. Also, please address the doctor issue. According to the post detailing abilities, you CANNOT protect yourself.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by Axelrod »

A (quick) review of Mufasa's prior games on this site suggests that he is a complete menace to the game of Mafia, even when he's town. He lies when he is town. And not just little white lies either. We're talking big fat whoppers like "I am the Doctor" in Open 122 when he was vanilla town. Which resulted in the
actual
Doctor coming out to counter-claim him, and him getting lynched. He continued to call the
actual
Doctor a liar right up until his death.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by SpyreX »

You know what. I'm actually down with this.

Vote OGB
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 3:46 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Well, let me be clearer.

(Policy, yea yea)

If OGB AND Mufasa are both town I will eat my hat.
If they are both town and are left alive we will lose.

One hangs, one hopefully dies. OGB first just because mufasa claimed, poorly, a role.
Show

Proud member of BaM
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 10:04 pm

Post by TDC »

Wow, already 6 pages. Please, before you request vote counts, take notice of me being in a different time zone and hence sleeping while it's evening for most of you.

Vote CountMufasa (3): charter, Seraphim, iamausername
HowardRoark (3): tubby216, Mixologist, ekiM
OozingGolfBall (3): roflcopter, X, SpyreX
alvinz95 (1): Caboose
Mixologist (1): OozingGolfBall
skitzer (1): alvinz95
Seraphim (1): Korts

Not Voting (9): ThAdmiral, darkdude, skitzer, populartajo, Mufasa, inHimshallibe, HowardRoark, Starbuck, Axelrod
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 10:53 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Wow, when I went to bed we were still on the 1st page!

Just a heads up, I'm American but I live in Sicily because I am stationed here with the Navy, so my time zone is 6 hours ahead of EST which is probably the same time zone as TDC. I normally wake up with a bunch of pages to catch up on.

I think ekim and roflcopter summed up OGB pretty well.
ekiM wrote:Ah, this game started.
OGB wrote:Hi guys. I am a alt. Feel free to start the guessing game.
Attention whore alert.
roflcopter wrote:playing stupid will get you nowhere
roflcopter wrote:ogb tried to distract from the actual game of mafia by making this into a game of guess who. scummy enough to lynch right now.

It might be worth the lynch just to be rid of the distraction and diversion, especially because he's not even adding any useful insights or information, and is doing exactly what charter says below.

charter wrote:No, he is spending his posts ACTIVELY trying to derail the town. The quantity of his posts is irrelevant. The quality of them is incredibly scummy.
charter wrote:He is trying to divert attention to finding alts, not finding scum.

Onto Mufasa, I don't understand why someone would claim on Day 1. It just makes no sense. It just made him a Mafia target.

Seraphim wrote:
Mufasa wrote:I tell you now so we can work together to save the right people and block the right people at night. aye
So, rather than using your own personal judgement on abilities and such, you would rather have the town and possibly scum coordinate your night actions for you?

@Mufasa:
One of the points of the game is to be able to think for yourself. If you have a power, sometimes you have to take a shot in the dark, especially in the early days, but you have to be able to trust your instincts. Are you trying to tell us that you don't trust your own instincts? That's the basis for any Mafia game.

I also enjoy Iamausername's catch, but the word "Jack of all trades" is a fairly popular term. Maybe he decided that's what would be easiest for us all to understand?

I am trying to figure out what your "plan" is because your posts are quite cryptic and kind of hard to read.

This post makes me a bit apprenhensive of Mufasa:
Axelrod wrote:A (quick) review of Mufasa's prior games on this site suggests that he is a complete menace to the game of Mafia, even when he's town. He lies when he is town. And not just little white lies either. We're talking big fat whoppers like "I am the Doctor" in Open 122 when he was vanilla town. Which resulted in the actual Doctor coming out to counter-claim him, and him getting lynched. He continued to call the actual Doctor a liar right up until his death.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 10:54 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I apologize for the wall of text. I type in Notepad when I'm trying to catch up on things and sometimes I just don't realize how long my posts get until they are up.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 11:54 pm

Post by ekiM »

I count 22 players alive which makes 12 for a lynch.
Mod: Could we get that info in future votecounts, pretty please?

I'm GMT+1, one hour behind TDC and five hours ahead of the eastern seaboard of the United States of America. So I'm one of those who'll be waking up to five pages of stuff to go through.

re: OGB. People typically use alt accounts because they want to be able to escape their meta and have an anonymous game where the usual perceptions of them don't apply. Using an alt so you can say "Hai guys, guess who I am??" is sheer wankery and actually fairly pitiful. That said, if OGB can pull his finger out and play in an acceptably pro-town manner, that's fine. If it he continues to play as if he's joined the game just to screw about then he can go hang, whoever he is. Can't allow scum to hide behind the "LOL IM A VI!!!" façade.

People should definitely stop trying to guess who OGB is or coax it out of him. It is IRRELEVANT, and discussion of it is an anti-town distraction.

Seraphim asking for reasons for votes feels weird. He then jumps on the OGB bandwagon (a very easy bandwagon, to be sure). "The question was intentionally loaded to provoke reactions." --- Seraphim, if you're town then please don't try and provoke the reaction that you're scum. "rofl is probably town" --- weird to say that this early. As far as I can tell, rofl is playing the way he always does.

Caboose following the policy vote on alvinz is weak sauce.

Oh lordy, Mufasa made an empty first post and claimed in his second post. Note that Jack-of-all-Trades was given as an example role on page 1. This defuses the "how would he know his rolename" line of thought, but it does make it quite possible he just copied the whole claim from there. Apparently this guy's meta is "anti-town fool", even to the extent of false-claiming as town.

Now, Mufasa has claimed to be a JoAT without the vig. That's awfully convenient, when vig is the ability that is most easy to verify when directed by town, don't you think?

Mufasa
: Please state precisely what 1-shot actions you do have.
Mufasa wrote:I am claiming now to give the town two free lynches to try to get scum. by claiming now I will hopefully draw a night kill tonight and use my doctor ability then we will have another day tm to have another go at a lynch. I also have two more abilities including roleblocking.
From page 1:
Doctor: Each night you can protect
another player
. You are only able to prevent a single kill attempt per night.

You can't protect yourself. Wouldn't you have read that?

Bah, I seem much of this ground has already been trodden. Conclusions: he might be stupid lying scum, stupid truthful town, or stupid lying town. If he's truthful then he's essentially useless to us now. Way to go. We might be able to get a protect or a cop out of him, but if he's roleblocked he doesn't get to use it again a different night. And he might just be lying scum. And he's useless to the town either way. What to do, what to do?

These players have not yet posted: TheAdmiral, tubby216, darkdude, inhimshallibe, PopularTajo, Skitzer

Mod: Can you prod those guys? There was no message telling me the game started, I nearly missed it. Thanks.

These players have posted but have posted nothing useful: OGB, mufasa, Mixologist, HowardRoark, alvinz95.

Vote: OozingGolfBall
: Hi, post some useful comments on the game or die. Thanks.
Mixologist
Mixologist
Goon
Mixologist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 1:08 am

Post by Mixologist »

First off,
unvote
Seraphim wrote:Hmmm...why didn't you post that reason in your original random vote?
I really didn't see a need to explain why I voted for you, when it was only the second post of the game. Granted, every vote I make is not going to have a reason to go along with it. Please explain how it is backpedaling when I provide a reason?
Searphim wrote:It would depend on the answer to my second question concerning why he didn't post that reason in his random vote. If he had tried to give it any other reason besides I had posted first and had seen my post, yes, it would have been backtracking.
With this, it feels like you are digging for a reason.
Caboose wrote:I thought OGB was obviously a DGB alt. But since he's* not, I think this is a legit arguement.
What does who the account is played by have to do with anything? Whether or not it's DGB has
nothing
to do with the fact that he immediately set off on a tangent and has not provided anything of substance since.
Caboose wrote:Not a policy vote.

You'll see....
Caboose wrote:I'm not trying to get alvinz lynched I'm trying to see if he will break down under the pressure.
So it is a policy vote then? Please make up your mind.
Korts wrote:Meh. I don't see his posts as actively anti-town, only passively. Do you think that only one avenue of discussion can be pursued at any one time?
Trying to send us off on a tangent is active. Alt speculation, which he supposedly wanted to accomplish is active. How is any of what he doing passive?
Mufasa wrote:Claim: Jack-of-All-Trades
So let me get your thought process straight. You're a Jack-of-All-Trades, without a vig kill, who thought he could self-save? That's pretty rich. It would have stated pretty clearly, I'm sure, whether or not you could self-save. Now that you are unsure leads me to believe you either misread your PM or you are trying to dig yourself out of a hole. I think it get's better.

This
could
be paraphrasing, but I'm pretty sure it could have been paraphrased better:
Mufasa wrote:How can I be scum where my role only wins when all threats to the town are eliminated?
Also, it's kind of convenient that TDC posted the town win condition on page one. I might be stretching here, but that post feels off.

vote Mufasa

Right now Mufasa and Caboose top the list, with a side of either Seraphim or OGB.

Have to run now, will try and post more before I head off to work at noon today.
Wretched excess is an unfortunate human trait that turns a perfectly good idea such as Christmas into a frenzy of last-minute shopping-or attaches the name of St. Patrick to the day of the year that bartenders fear most.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 1:31 am

Post by Starbuck »

TDC wrote:
StatusIt is now
Day 1
. With 22 alive this day will take 18 days.
The deadline, hence is Thursday, June 4th, 16:40 CEST (GMT+2).
12 to lynch.
Of course, no more group talk until Night 1 begins.

For those wondering...
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 1:32 am

Post by Starbuck »

I am also in agreement on Mufasa. Something just doesn't seem right.

Vote: Mufasa
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 3:34 am

Post by populartajo »

Im here.

Im going to be terribly busy today.

Will post tonigjht or tomorrow
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 4:57 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

vote: Caboose

I'll be back maybe tomorrow, but I'm checking in and putting my vote on the most likely scum that I see. Mostly the doublespeak on voting OGB and reactions to Mufasa is my reasoning.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 5:15 am

Post by roflcopter »

dudes mufasa is pretty clearly town, no one should be voting for him
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 6:47 am

Post by SpyreX »

He's functionally retarded, but thats ok for now.

OGB on the other hand.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 8:29 am

Post by Axelrod »

roflcopter wrote:dudes mufasa is pretty clearly town, no one should be voting for him
I haven't made up my mind yet, but in no way is he "pretty clearly" town. Exactly how do you come to that conclusion?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 8:38 am

Post by roflcopter »

Axelrod wrote:
roflcopter wrote:dudes mufasa is pretty clearly town, no one should be voting for him
I haven't made up my mind yet, but in no way is he "pretty clearly" town. Exactly how do you come to that conclusion?
its a question of motivation. claiming out of the clear blue sky on day one before a serious wagon has even really taken off on anyone is undeniably stupid, and will bring the house down on your head. scum do not want that kind of attention. they can't afford that kind of attention. therefore it is beyond silly to believe that any scum, experienced or otherwise, would do what he did. the fact that he is clearly an inexperienced player lends further credence to the fact that his ability to convincingly fakeclaim probably isn't well developed, and the way he's been explaining his claim really seems like a truthful misunderstanding of the way his one shot doctor ability is supposed to work, not to mention he specifies that his list of abilities does not exactly match the list given in the sample pms.

and the wagon that has sprung up on him as a result has opportunism written all over it. especially the reasoning of "he claimed a catchy role name when we're not given catchy role names in our pms."

i mean, really, did anyone look at the EXAMPLE PMS provided with the ruleset? the name "jack-of-all-trades" is right there guys.

we need to get back to lynching ogb.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 8:41 am

Post by roflcopter »

axelrod, why haven't you commented on anything yet except for mufasa? his claim is far from the only thing that happened before you posted.
soi soi soi

darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 8:44 am

Post by darkdude »

I think both OGB and Mufasa are town. Unfortunately I don't have good picks for scum yet.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 8:45 am

Post by roflcopter »

darkdude wrote:I think both OGB and Mufasa are town. Unfortunately I don't have good picks for scum yet.
i'd love to hear some reasons to think ogb is town
soi soi soi

OozingGolfBall
OozingGolfBall
Townie
OozingGolfBall
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 9:05 am

Post by OozingGolfBall »

I'd love to hear some reasons why I'm scum besides you pile of wifom that is your misrep of my first post.
Insanity is not a scumtell.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 9:08 am

Post by roflcopter »

OozingGolfBall wrote:I'd love to hear some reasons why I'm scum besides you pile of wifom that is your misrep of my first post.
^^^ lynch this guy now
soi soi soi

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 9:23 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'm doing my part. God I am doing my part.
Show

Proud member of BaM
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2009 9:23 am

Post by ekiM »

OozingGolfBall wrote:I'd love to hear some reasons why I'm scum besides you pile of wifom that is your misrep of my first post.
  • Your first post is a ridiculously anti-town distraction.
  • Your second post is void.
  • Your third post is a ridiculously anti-town continuation of what you started in post one.
  • Your fourth post is purely reflexive and defensive. It also makes no sense whatsoever. Trying to start a "guess the alt" game is blatantly anti-town. Pointing that out doesn't involve any misrepresentation or WIFOM.
  • You haven't done a single thing pro-town after six pages and four posts. Not one thing.
darkdude - is that really all you have after six pages?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”