Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by Caboose »

roflcopter wrote:caboose, why would you rather policy vote/lynch alvinz than pursue what you agree is a legitimate argument in favor of voting ogb?
Not a policy vote.

You'll see....
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by roflcopter »

a purely academic question:

which of these two things benefits the town more?

a 2nd vote for a player based on policy

a 6th vote for a player based on gameplay
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by roflcopter »

woof. i don't like korts' post 49. mostly the fact that he's deflating the ogb wagon by removing himself from it.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by roflcopter »

Caboose wrote:
roflcopter wrote:caboose, why would you rather policy vote/lynch alvinz than pursue what you agree is a legitimate argument in favor of voting ogb?
Not a policy vote.

You'll see....
oh really? please, do explain how voting for someone on the basis of agreeing with iaun's policy vote is not a policy vote.
soi soi soi

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by Korts »

roflcopter wrote:woof. i don't like korts' post 49. mostly the fact that he's deflating the ogb wagon by removing himself from it.
I have found a better one. Seraphim presenting others' points as his own, labelling a completely normal reaction backtracking, and having general scummy tone is better than wanting players to identity-guess.
scumchat never die
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Korts: Of course the argument is bullshit. The question was intentionally loaded to provoke reactions. Plus, if I actually thought that the "backtracking" was scummy, I would have placed my vote there.

OGB still has yet to post anything of note besides fueling alt speculation which is useless which is why my vote is there.

rofl is probably town.

Caboose, please explain. If it's not a policy vote, what is it?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by roflcopter »

Korts wrote:
roflcopter wrote:woof. i don't like korts' post 49. mostly the fact that he's deflating the ogb wagon by removing himself from it.
I have found a better one. Seraphim presenting others' points as his own, labelling a completely normal reaction backtracking, and having general scummy tone is better than wanting players to identity-guess.
i can't agree that there's any better place to vote until ogb actually starts participating. the fact that he's obviously following along enough to post useless crap here, and simultaneously has been posting in other threads, but can't seem to bring himself to actually be anything but a useless sack is impeding my ability to vote for anyone but him.
soi soi soi

Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by Caboose »

roflcopter wrote:
Caboose wrote:
Not a policy vote.

You'll see....
oh really? please, do explain how voting for someone on the basis of agreeing with iaun's policy vote is not a policy vote.
I'm not trying to get alvinz
lynched
I'm trying to see if he will break down under the pressure.
which of these two things benefits the town more?

a 2nd vote for a player based on policy

a 6th vote for a player based on gameplay
Depends on the circumstances.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by Korts »

Seraphim wrote:Korts: Of course the argument is bullshit. The question was intentionally loaded to provoke reactions. Plus, if I actually thought that the "backtracking" was scummy, I would have placed my vote there.
Accusing players of things they didn't do (i.e. doing something scummy yourself) is only likely to provoke one kind of reaction--suspicion. You are being thick if you think otherwise.
Seraphim wrote:OGB still has yet to post anything of note besides fueling alt speculation which is useless which is why my vote is there.
In the 14 minutes between this post of yours and the previous one OGB didn't post at all. Do you expect him to post every five minutes, and if not, what was the purpose of this comment?
scumchat never die
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by roflcopter »

caboose, thats still a policy vote. and i've never seen a policy vote actually succeed in applying real pressure to a player, because everyone knows its based on out of game reasons. policy voting players one considers to be bad in the face of perfectly good wagons replete with in game reasons is one of the more egregious forms of avoiding putting your vote anywhere meaningful.
soi soi soi

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by Korts »

roflcopter wrote:
Korts wrote:
i can't agree that there's any better place to vote until ogb actually starts participating. the fact that he's obviously following along enough to post useless crap here, and simultaneously has been posting in other threads, but can't seem to bring himself to actually be anything but a useless sack is impeding my ability to vote for anyone but him.
I'd vote for scummy over anti-town any day of the week.
scumchat never die
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by roflcopter »

korts: are you saying ogb's actions so far are anti-town but not scummy?
soi soi soi

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Korts »

He has made 3 posts. I see a tendency in the quality of his posting, but so far it is not a wide enough sample to dub it scummy per se.
scumchat never die
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Ah, but is it true suspicion or scummy faked suspicion/outrage? There's a difference and that's what I'm aiming for. Useless now, of course. But at this point in the game, it's all about reactions. These early game impressions are important and I want to take full advantage of them.

The purpose of the comment was simply restating the case against OGB.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by Caboose »

roflcopter wrote:caboose, thats still a policy vote. and i've never seen a policy vote actually succeed in applying real pressure to a player, because everyone knows its based on out of game reasons. policy voting players one considers to be bad in the face of perfectly good wagons replete with in game reasons is one of the more egregious forms of avoiding putting your vote anywhere meaningful.
My vote is not based on out of game reasons. I vote in the hopes that either he will prove himself town or make a scum slip under pressure.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by Korts »

Seraphim wrote:Ah, but is it true suspicion or scummy faked suspicion/outrage? There's a difference and that's what I'm aiming for. Useless now, of course. But at this point in the game, it's all about reactions. These early game impressions are important and I want to take full advantage of them.
I like how you blame the town for ruining your brilliant trap.

The OGB case didn't need restating, since it was made like half a page ago. Stop padding your posts with useless shit.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by Korts »

EBWOP:

since it was made like half a page
and 14 minutes
ago.
scumchat never die
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by charter »

I think Caboose, Seraphim, and OGB are all scumbuddies.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I'm not blaming the town at all. The foiling of the trap was of my own making.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by roflcopter »

i'm unconvinced on the seraphim-as-scum thing, but i like where charter's head is at

i also really don't buy korts now pseudo-defending ogb because there is "not enough to go on." sometimes one post is all it takes. arguing that he hasn't said enough to get a read on is some kind of fallacy.
soi soi soi

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by Seraphim »

roflcopter wrote:i'm unconvinced on the seraphim-as-scum thing, but i like where charter's head is at
Oh, the irony.
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by Mufasa »

well I would like to make a claim that I am here
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by Korts »

rofl, if OGB consistently ignores the game, he is scummy. If he ignores it over the span of three posts, I don't see where he is all that damaging to town.
scumchat never die
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by charter »

Add Mufasa to that triangle, and I get you a scum quartet. Now to determine the number of scum in this game. This will be the challenging task.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Mufasa wrote:well I would like to make a claim that I am here