SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 7:04 am

Post by SpyreX »

[quote='Porkens"]I have noted, and am wary, of the profound nut-slurping I've recieved from SpyreX. Call this distaning if you want! [/quote]

Ohh there's no slurping. You're absolutely null at this point.

If this whole joke continued being whitenoise that dominated, I'd be worried.
Zor wrote:@SpyreX: Your vote still be on Vi. Does this because you think Vi's actions be scummy at this point or because you simply no have found anyone else worth voting for since the game started?
Unvote

I'm still looking. I'm definitely flirting with the idea of Ecto, but its not adding up. There's a couple people who feel town (OMG MY SECRETS) and a whole lot of nulls or non-contributors.

Of course, I'm waiting to see the rabbit out of Adels hat too.

So, it was there because I was lazy. ;)
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 8:58 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Ok, I'm going to go back though some of the posts I (cant find the word, but lets just say heavily medicated (as prescribed).
Wow, my post 102 had a huge number of quote tag and missing player identity tags to be able to read very coherently. Some good points in there though. Do me a favor and make an effort to go back and decipher it. (sorry for the inconvience) I know some of the fuzzy sections are because the person I quoted didnt name the person they quoted and were responding to.
One line in particular I do want brought to legibility is this one:
Vi wrote:@Artem: OMG KITTEN Do you think it defeats the purpose of wagoning someone for reactions if you tell everyone that's what you're doing?
I believe that he was actually just talking about people who just place a vote and nothing else (another topic I have to talk about grrr)
Getting back to point. Both Spyrex (until pointed out I was a slacker) and Porkens really gave me good material to work with. There are players who understand that first rule of getting out of the f*cking rvs stage is just jump on somebody. Seriously, I hate it. If nothing else just pile on to a bandwagon until someone screams "oh god stop! think of the baby seals!.
The second rule, and this is where many fail, is that you've got to keep nagging at that one little point until you get someone else to say something stupid or suspicious. Here's the real rule.
never say you did it to start the game before something else has actually arrived to talk about
. Otherwise, you didnt do anything but waste space.

@Korts - I liked many of your assessments. There were a couple worth investigating. Which do you plan to pursue and are you going to be aggressive enough to push it forward through the rest of the clamor? Or do you think they were simply woth mentioning.
Adel wrote:
Ectomancer wrote: Anyhow, thanks for listening. I hope it helps to explain some of my oddness.
Which posts in this game contain the oddness you hope to explain? I'll looking for an answer that includes post numbers.
This is more of a meta statement than this in game statement. I believe that I was influenced by your own recent decision and this seemed the place where I have people who I have spent years playing a wonderful verbal interactive social game. (I doubd I'll ever post it in MD or GD though) I think some of the variations in my playstyle have been due to the changing prescriptions and really crazy side effects some of them had. Seriously physical stuff like you cant stop moving your arms and legs and flexing your back. Enough of that.

@Porkens - Yes, it wasn't a sympathy play, that's why a prefaced with OOC (Out of character). I know some people have personas (hi there Troll) I guess I'm just trying to explain why sometimes I just cant deal with things and why I can come off as curt or abrasive.

Troll made a good post.

Thanks Elmo. Those comments really do help.

Umm that it. My vote is staying because I must have had a good reason.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Artem »

Vi wrote:@Artem:
OMG KITTEN
Do you think it defeats the purpose of wagoning someone for reactions if you tell everyone that's what you're doing?
No, not necessarily. Going into details about what kind of reactions we can expect would, however.
SpyreX wrote: Not that I think you're scum, yet. But by god its leaning that way.
O.o

Is this a slap on the wrist? "Keep it up Ecto, and you'll end up on my scum list"?

---------------

Troll's posts are hard to read.

---------------

Not a big fan of Adel's fabricated suspension.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 9:35 am

Post by Adel »

Herodotus wrote:The reason I'm excusing Elmo (temporarily) is because Elmo warned us before the game that they might have to lurk due to RL factors. Otherwise, I might have voted Elmo in my last post.
ah, so if there was another player with activity as low as ecto's (or lower) you would not excuse that?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 9:36 am

Post by Adel »

EBWOQ:
Adel wrote:
Herodotus wrote:The reason I'm excusing Elmo (temporarily) is because Elmo warned us before the game that they might have to lurk due to RL factors. Otherwise, I might have voted Elmo in my last post.
ah, so if there was another player with activity as low as
ecto's
elmo's
(or lower) you would not excuse that?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 10:17 am

Post by Porkens »

Adel wrote:
ah, so if there was another player with activity as low as ecto's (or lower) you would not excuse that?
/
Akbar

(it's a TRAP!)
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 11:05 am

Post by Zorblag »

Ah, Adel, it seems Troll has an addendum to make. Troll now notices that Artem was killed in a Newbie 749 before Troll replaced so Troll has vaguely played in a game with him. Troll had forgotten that.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 11:10 am

Post by Herodotus »

@Adel:
If there is another player in this game who has posted as much as or less than the amount Elmo had posted as of my post 122, then I must not have noticed them at all. There may be people actively lurking, but I have not yet put any effort into evaluating that.
But I'd think if there was a lurker, they would be a decent person to vote (unless they were about to be replaced for their inactivity.)
If you're referring to another game I've played, specify the player, and I'll explain why I didn't vote them.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:09 pm

Post by Adel »

Porkens wrote:
Adel wrote:
/
Akbar

(it's a TRAP!)
not very pro-town
Herodotus wrote:@Adel:
If there is another player in this game who has posted as much as or less than the amount Elmo had posted as of my post 122, then I must not have noticed them at all. There may be people actively lurking, but I have not yet put any effort into evaluating that.
But I'd think if there was a lurker, they would be a decent person to vote (unless they were about to be replaced for their inactivity.)
If you're referring to another game I've played, specify the player, and I'll explain why I didn't vote them.
look at springlullby.
Herodotus wrote:
vote: Spring

There's something fishy about being 200% town...
this post is notable.
Herodotus wrote:
Vote: Adel

You may be planning to contribute a lot soon, but so far you have not. You're "aware of the search function" but stated that the reason you insisted on everyone posting their own games was that you would "have to do all of the work myself" otherwise. It's about 20 seconds of work per player, that way. Not much more than finding their list within the thread.
it takes less time to check the activity of other players than it does to build a database of their previous games which are current enough to base a meta read upon.

unvote, vote: Herodotus

most likely partner: springlullby
second most likely partner: Porkens
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by Porkens »

Adel wrote:
Herodotus wrote:

this post is notable.
Why?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by Adel »

Porkens wrote:
Adel wrote:
Herodotus wrote:

this post is notable.
Why?
this post is notable because it might be a form of distraction -- of all of the statements in the post he snipped this from, why is this the one he wants me to expand upon?

Anyhow, the first name the father of history choose to mention was Spring, and that his who his random vote was cast upon.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by Adel »

Anyhow, the first name the father of history choose to mention was Spring, and that his who his random vote was cast upon.

He random voted spring, but later did not notice that her activity level was low, and he voted me for not contributing.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by Artem »

Adel wrote: Anyhow, the first name the father of history choose to mention was Spring, and that his who his random vote was cast upon.
How is this any different than SpyreX's vote for Vi? By your logic, "The first name SpyreX chose to mention was Vi and that is who his random vote was cast upon. This is notable because it might be a form of distraction". Why did you choose Hero and not Spyre?

Also, with regards to SL. In my experience (both times when I was scum and SL was town), SL tends to lurk unless somebody's pushing a case against her. On the flip side, she generally picks up on things others don't.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by Artem »

Adel wrote: He random voted spring, but later did not notice that her activity level was low, and he voted me for not contributing.
Ah. Simulpost.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Adel wrote:
Porkens wrote:
Adel wrote:
/
Akbar

(it's a TRAP!)
not very pro-town
I agree with that, but I also don't see any scum motivation for his saying what he said. It's too obvious to make me think he was buddying.
Adel wrote:
Herodotus wrote:@Adel:
look at springlullby.
I have. She said infinitely more in the first paragraph of her second post than Elmo had said up to that point. And in total, her one post stated more game-relevant analysis than either you or populartajo had written.
Adel wrote:
Herodotus wrote:

this post is notable.
I don't see how, but I suppose it's not up to me to decide.
Adel wrote:
Herodotus wrote:

You may be planning to contribute a lot soon, but so far you have not. You're "aware of the search function" but stated that the reason you insisted on everyone posting their own games was that you would "have to do all of the work myself" otherwise. It's about 20 seconds of work per player, that way. Not much more than finding their list within the thread.
it takes less time to check the activity of other players than it does to build a database of their previous games which are current enough to base a meta read upon.

I'm not saying you haven't devoted time to this game. I'm pretty confident that you have. But you've stated very few opinions on the things that were going on while you were arguing with people over what I see as an irrelevant issue. Also, my vote on you was partly based on the contradiction I mentioned in that post.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 2:03 pm

Post by Vi »

Catching up, etc. I'm not going to lie, this game is kind of irritating.

Before I do anything else, I'm going to:
Unvote: Zorblag
(L-5)
You came, you demanded, you stalled, you received, you're still stalling, you haven't delivered.

More to come in a moment.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by Vi »

Catch-up post, part 2. I apologize for calling the game irritating in my previous post, but... it kind of is.

@Porkens 107: You said you were waiting for Adel's explanations. Seeing as they haven't come, what is your opinion of Adel at the moment?

@EctoTroll 108-112: So you say you have suspicion of Porkens (and to a lesser degree SpyreX) and are voting tajo. How strong is your suspicion of tajo? stronger than that of Porkens or anyone else?

@Adel 120: "Are these the final answers"? Was there really any need for that confirmation? It seems like noise at best and patronizing at worst (people have told me I would know what being patronizing is like :D ).

@Elmo 124: I would prefer you posted as you saw need to do so, not according to a schedule.

-----
The Taking of Zorblag 123 wrote:If Troll were to try to make a case against Ectomancer, Porkens or SpyreX later on in the game and used their first posts as independent reasons that them were scummy that would be something that everyone could point to as a reason to suspect Troll.
(...)
Troll no believes that Troll ever said Troll used random voting. Troll no believes that there be any point to a random voting stage and so no tries to participate in one. What Troll be doing at the start of the game until Troll sees sufficiently scummy play be voting for those that have done the least to contribute to the game. At the very start when there be people who no have posted Troll needs a method to choose between them. After all have posted something, if Troll no has a strong thought about who be scum Troll takes a look at the information all have given us to work with and votes for the one who seems to Troll to have given the least.

Troll's vote typically be on the one that Troll would most like to see lynched at the time Troll makes it. Barring a better reason Troll makes this for lack of participation. If Korts feels that the random voting stage be important for some reason and that Troll no be following whatever rules this stage has then so be it. This no be the place to go into optimal early game play. Korts be reacting to what be happening and that be enough for Troll for now.
So Troll be deliberately trying to no look scummy by no provide opinions... and when one do something that Troll considers scummy, Troll promises to vote someone for reasons that no include nonparticipation. Correct? The following question be: What would be "scummy" enough for you to take action? Other people have placed nonrandom votes by now, with reasoning that no look scummy IMHO.
Zorblag 123 wrote:Out of curiosity do you think that because you believe you know what populartajo's motives were or
because you know the reasons one might vote without reasoning and think that none of them apply to populartajo in this case?
Or if neither of those be the case, why did you say that you no thought populartajo's vote before giving reasons didn't fall into one of the cases where it would be non-scummy?
-----
Ectomancer 126 wrote:
[about Artem 97:]
I believe that he was actually just talking about people who just place a vote and nothing else (another topic I have to talk about grrr)
I... don't think so.
Ectomancer 126 wrote:Here's the real rule.
never say you did it to start the game before something else has actually arrived to talk about.
Otherwise, you didnt do anything but waste space.
Sooooo... is Artem scummy, or null, or what for doing basically that?

-----
Artem 128 wrote:No, not necessarily. Going into details about what kind of reactions we can expect would, however.
OMG KITTEN

I guess that's fair.
(I fully expect to have a quirk assigned to everyone in the game before this is over.)

Your posts are concise, but it doesn't seem like you're going in any direction with them. Troll's posts are hard to read, Adel is stretching your Willing Suspension of Disbelief, and your vote... is one for pressure on Porkens. It seems like you're saying things without intending to follow up on them or attaching much significance to them.

-----

Adel 133 defies credibility. Nitpicking Porkens' statement - which the way I interpreted it actually
was
pro-Town - and then suggesting that Herodotus was not policy voting a supposed lurker instead of pursuing an IMO rightfully-placed reasoned vote on you overloads my scumdar.

As far as springlullaby goes...
@mod: Prod springlullaby

ftr she hasn't posted onsite in three days.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by Porkens »

Adel:
There was nothing else I was confused about in post 133. Thanks for the answer, I dig it.

Herod and Adel:
It was an obviously loaded question. I didn't give anything away (especially not to Herod). "Not pro-town?" I just shake my head at that statement.

Vi:
I'm
still
waiting for her explanations.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by Vi »

Porkens 142 wrote:
Herod and Adel:
It was an obviously loaded question. I didn't give anything away (especially not to Herod). "Not pro-town?" I just shake my head at that statement.
(ftr this is what I saw)

You're terribly patient with Adel.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by Adel »

Porkens wrote:
Herod and Adel:
just because it was an obviously loaded question to
you
doesn't mean that H. would've picked up on that. You have to give possibly-scum players a chance to make mistakes.
springlullaby wrote:I think Ecto is townish with his contribution so far and Spyrex comes off as weaker in the exchange, I don't think Ecto qualify as 'trying too hard', what he has said so far makes sense and I find the level of aggression to be adequate.

Adel wrote:could all players please answer the following questions:

1. what games (with links) have you finished in the last 6 months?
2. what are your on-going games?
3. what is your personal definition of lurking?
4. of the players in this game, which players have you played with in the last six months?
5. what other names do you play mafia under here?
6. what other sites have you played at within the last six months?
I gotta say I don't really see the point to these questions mafia wise and I'd like an explanation for the choice of each of them please. I'd also like you to answer your own questionnaire. My request is only vaguely mafia motivated, I'm kind of just curious about your alts and turnabout is only fair play I guess. Now,

1. From the top of my head, Hack Poetry Mini Normal; Killing Verses Mini Theme; Town of Merrin Mini Normal; Freelancer Large Theme.
2. Chosen Mini Theme; Beards Mini Normal; And Then There were None Mini Theme; DHDSM.
3. People who don't post.
4. In the last six months? Ectomancer and poptajo(ongoing) I think.
5. Nyballosulgniirkps
6. No comment.

Atm, I think Porkens not keeping that third vote on is good bread.
Vote Porkens
Herodotus wrote:And in total, her one post stated more game-relevant analysis than either you or populartajo had written.
really? I'm generating game-relevant information, she offered a couple of opinions on page 2. It stands out to me that she had a rapid random wagon on her on page 1 that dissolved so quickly.... and then you "didn't notice" that she was lurking worse than elmo.
Herodotus wrote:
Adel wrote:
Herodotus wrote:

You may be planning to contribute a lot soon, but so far you have not. You're "aware of the search function" but stated that the reason you insisted on everyone posting their own games was that you would "have to do all of the work myself" otherwise.
It's about 20 seconds of work per player, that way. Not much more than finding their list within the thread.

I'm not saying you haven't devoted time to this game. I'm pretty confident that you have. But you've stated very few opinions on the things that were going on while you were arguing with people over what I see as an irrelevant issue. Also, my vote on you was partly based on the contradiction I mentioned in that post.
I placed a section in bold. Does that section contain the contradiction you just referenced?
If so, I don't think you appreciate how time intensive it is to do what I do, or how I approach the psychological aspects of this game. There is informational utility in my approach of asking players to volunteer information. I plan on paying special attention to the games they "accidentally" left off of the lists, and the players they "forgot" to mention having played with before.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by Adel »

Vi: please try asking me straight questions rather than snide rhetorical bullshit like you've been directing at me.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by Adel »

Vi wrote: 5 and 6. I'll leave that for you to guess.
Adel's commentary on the early game fighting (27) seems limited. Why? And instead of causing discussion, Adel ordered us to put together what seems to be irrelevant information. So far, dubious.
Vi wrote:
Adel 72 wrote:I hate the nonsense stage almost as much as the random stage.

Tajo: pull your stick out and reread your posts. You aren't unique in your lack of diligence in your answer, but I am extra disappointed in you

I'm pissed because this lack of cooperation means that I'll have to do all of the work myself, instead of just quality assurance checks, meanwhile the rest of you can continue your social bullshit sessions.
Hey wait, I'm supposed to be the antisocial prick in this game.
Vi wrote: Speaking as the person with the most comprehensive wiki page on the site (probably), I also take umbrage with--
Adel 75 wrote:"top of your head" (along with other answers like "most of them are on my wiki" that other players gave) is the kind of answer that dodges responsibility for omissions. It also means that I've wasted my time with you, since I'll have to do all of the work myself.
If you really want to stalk everyone, you can use the Search function to find the topics someone's posted in (conveniently giving you a list!) within about forty seconds.
Vi wrote:
Adel 83 wrote:
Vi wrote:If you really want to stalk everyone, you can use the Search function to find the topics someone's posted in (conveniently giving you a list!) within about forty seconds.
Vi may be an apt name for you after all.. :roll:
tbqh I expected snide commentary about stalking people, not being a village idiot. Explain yourself.
Vi wrote:On second thought, don't. This is getting... unprofessional is the first polite word I can think of.
Vi wrote:
Adel 87 wrote:Did you honestly think that I was unaware of the search function?
Instead of giving you what would appear to me to be a perfectly sensible (if overwhelmingly sarcastic) answer, I'm going to go away and give some other people a chance to express their incredulity.

Again, I ask this question.
Vi 76 wrote:Do you believe any of what has been said so far
(outside answering your survey)
has been beneficial to finding scum?
Vi wrote:Catching up, etc. I'm not going to lie, this game is kind of irritating.

Before I do anything else, I'm going to:
Unvote: Zorblag
(L-5)
You came, you demanded, you stalled, you received, you're still stalling, you haven't delivered.

More to come in a moment.
Vi wrote: @Adel 120: "Are these the final answers"? Was there really any need for that confirmation? It seems like noise at best and patronizing at worst (people have told me I would know what being patronizing is like :D ).

Adel 133 defies credibility. Nitpicking Porkens' statement - which the way I interpreted it actually
was
pro-Town - and then suggesting that Herodotus was not policy voting a supposed lurker instead of pursuing an IMO rightfully-placed reasoned vote on you overloads my scumdar.
@Vi: this is what you've directed at me so far in this game. Are you actually
trying
to pick a fight with me? I suggest that you consult with Ecto or Korts (the players with the most experience playing with me) before you commit to that.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by Vi »

Adel 146 wrote:@Vi: this is what you've directed at me so far in this game.
Not quite; it's a selection that makes me look slightly worse than the actual posts would suggest. But that's minor compared to--
Adel 146 wrote:Are you actually
trying
to pick a fight with me?
I could ask you the same question.
I don't have a question, but a request. Bring about the reveal, instead of stalling to sling mud at people. Convince me that you're pro-Town, because I've seen nothing so far to suggest it (as I've heavily noted).

Incidentally, was Herodotus scummy for failing to notice the loaded question?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by Adel »

timing is very important in mafia, and is something I take quite seriously. I'll reveal what I choose to reveal when I judge it is the best time to do so.
Incidentally, was Herodotus scummy for failing to notice the loaded question?
um, he answered it.

1. what games (with links) have you finished in the last 6 months?
2. what are your on-going games?
3. what is your personal definition of lurking?
4. of the players in this game, which players have you played with in the last six months?
5. what other names do you play mafia under here?
6. what other sites have you played at within the last six months?

1&4 will have to wait for when I have time to do it properly -- within 24 hours.
2: only this one
3: a: posting just enough to avoid a prod, b: low signal:noise ratio, c: passive (as opposed to "active") posting.
5: only 1 game as "discordian algorithm" played quite a while ago
6. Epicmafia under the name "Adel" and "Adel1" IIRC
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by Vi »

Incidentally, was Herodotus scummy for failing to notice the loaded
nature of the
question?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”