Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 7:39 pm

Post by Mastin »

I need a vote count.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:41 am

Post by hewitt »

I'm over what you're accusing me of White Castle. If you're going to keep bringing that up (because it is trivial and you're refusing to see my point anyway) I might as well bring up how you completely contradicted yourself in post #150.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
White Castle
White Castle
Goon
White Castle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by White Castle »

hewitt wrote:I'm over what you're accusing me of White Castle. If you're going to keep bringing that up (because it is trivial and you're refusing to see my point anyway) I might as well bring up how you completely contradicted yourself in post #150.
Bring it on. Back up your vote on me.
White Castle Post 150 wrote:
Wall-E wrote:It's an ambushing thing: Suddenly popping up with a huge amount of carefully collected evidence... I've seen it win games for the town.

If, on the other hand, I said, "Oh, I've got my eye on you, Wall-E" then Wall-E is going to stop providing me with evidence against him. Feedback is a tool the scum use in this manner.

No feedback for the scum is my motto. That's also why I don't discuss who's town-looking without a good reason.

Uh, I don't like to discuss my meta unless it's relevant, so try to keep it relevant, ok? I don't have a good judgement of such things which is what gets me into trouble sometimes with moderators, so help me help you help me, if you please, kiss.
There may be additional merit to the ambush in a nightless game, since you don't have to worry about the NK.

This also leads me to believe that being an aggressive townie is the best strategy. You've got nothing to lose at night. I believe that anyone that has been passive (especially non-voters, low count posters, and low content posters) is more likely to be scum.

What do you think about each of us putting together a list of their top four suspects in order? At a minimum, we should get this from everyone before they are lynched (a town lynch would give us an un-scum-biased list, I won't comment on what a scum lynch would tell us because, as you say, don't give the scum feedback).
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 6:09 pm

Post by hewitt »

Why are you egging me on to start a case on you about something that isn't a scumtell?
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:23 pm

Post by Furry »

Lets finish this day here with a bang. WallE should have been one of the highest vote getters since about the third page, and the fact that someone as scummy as he is still has not gotten lynched is practically another point to him being scum. There are some people running some pretty obvious interference for him if you take the time to look at it. Lets get this started though with the early game, and how he played the Lowell wagon (for those keeping score Lowell is very town).
Wall-E wrote:Post 44 is a great post.
I'll vote Lowell when we're ready to end the day.
For the record 44 is a very bad use of a wiki article. Im going to rant here on this so if you understand why using this article is a bad tell congrats, you already are less scummy then at least two players. Ok, there is no such thing as a universal tell that is to be treated as the same thing, ever (with perhaps the only exception being lynching mafia claims or claims that are something that cant be in the game like doc in this). The only thing that works as a tell out of those to me is information not analysis, which is basically called active lurking, and is very easy to pick up on. Moving on, the “this sucks” tell is got to be one of the worst tells ever, up there with “overdefensive” and all those other tells that basically can be applied to any scenario. You can NOT tell me that if you were town and D2 opened with a cop and doc dead you would not this “this sucks”. Also why are you using someone elses tells? I use multiple tells that others do not use to pick up on scum and town, I hate tells that most people take as the norm, I don’t even understand tells that some players use, basically everyone has their own tell book, and always is modifying it. My tells from my first game are no where near my current ones.

Also why are you taking his tells in particular? Here are Furry’s standard tells (not really); 1 – The first person to get a second vote is always scum, 2 – Anyone who asks “Is that vote random” is likely scum, 3 – Anyone who pushes a policy lynch is town. Basically what makes that different then the refrenced tells? Is it that they are in the wiki? Is it that the poster has been around for a while? Have you used the tells in the past consistnatly and are happy with the results? Ok im off topic and done, what happened there is a very small deflection tell. They are using someone elses tells to push their case, and I guarantee if Lowell got lynched as town for that, that would be part of their defense. [/rant]

A few post later WallE votes Lowell for no real reasons. There was one post by Lowell is between the post regarding Lowell, and the vote for him. I really saw nothing that provoked the move, except maybe a bit of pressure leaving the wagon.

Oh, and then comes the slip from WC. Admittedly I saw it as a slip at first too, that is until you do something like look at the votecount, and realize that 10 people are voting, which means even if all scum are voting there are at least six town players voting. Even Hewitt who seems annoyingly infatuated with WC realized this was wrong quickly. Even after pointed out again WallE says it must be a slip.

Now the slip is abandoned for some weird reason, there was never any admittance to being wrong or visable realization that he was wrong. His vote goes back to Lowell for more bad logic. The game is nightless, that is awesome as far as I am concerned. I have seen a group of town suddenly decide they are all town in games before and it scares scum half to death. In this game if it happens it game over, clearing people will get much better reads on who is scum.

Vote WallE

I will finish this tomorrow, but if I can get this much in just half the game, this guy should of been dead half a game ago
Temporary unretired alt
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:44 pm

Post by Empking »

What are the deasdline rules?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 2:30 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Empking wrote:What are the deasdline rules?
I'll answer that question if you find the second post and the title hard to read and when you start posting stuff of substance. Seriously, you're giving this game the SSK.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

Looking for a co-mod to help me finish What Were You Thinking XV! PM me if interested.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 2:35 am

Post by Lowell »

Let's just get Wall-E dead.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 3:48 am

Post by Rishi »

Vote Count – Page 23

Wall-E – 6 (Lowell, skitzer, White Castle, Jazzmyn, Empking, Furry)
White Castle – 3 (Wall-E, StrangerCoug, hewitt)
Lowell – 1 (Mastin)
skitzer – 1 (Netlava)
Furry – 1 (Guybrush Threepwood)

Not voting:

With 12 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Meeting someone for lunch and am running late… will check for prods this evening.

At deadline, if no one has a majority, then the person with the most votes will be lynched. Ties will be broken by longest held vote.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 4:07 am

Post by Empking »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Empking wrote:What are the deasdline rules?
I'll answer that question if you find the second post and the title hard to read and when you start posting stuff of substance. Seriously, you're giving this game the SSK.
Quote where it says the deadline rules in the title.
Quote where it says it in the second post.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 4:48 am

Post by Lowell »

netlava is the person I'd most like to see on this wagon.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 5:47 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Empking wrote:Quote where it says the deadline rules in the title.
I refuse to do either. You're worried more about today being over than actually scumhunting.

Looking for a co-mod to help me finish What Were You Thinking XV! PM me if interested.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Empking »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Empking wrote:Quote where it says the deadline rules in the title.
I refuse to do either. You're worried more about today being over than actually scumhunting.
Are you unable to? Did you lie? Did you try and lie to make me seem scum? Are you scum?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 5:51 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

I CAN quote both, but the last time you posted anything decent in this thread was the 10th. I am not lying to make you seem scum; I am saying you're lurking and worrying about deadline at the same time, which is scummy to me.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 5:55 am

Post by Empking »

StrangerCoug wrote:I CAN quote both, but the last time you posted anything decent in this thread was the 10th. I am not lying to make you seem scum; I am saying you're lurking and worrying about deadline at the same time, which is scummy to me.
I don't beleive you about the first part and if you're lying in the first part you're definately lying about the second.

Just quote where it says the deadline rules in the title.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 6:59 am

Post by Netlava »

I do think Wall-E could be scum. Furry's point about Wall-E's reaction to WC's "slip" is something I didn't notice before and I think that it is a good point.

I was waiting for a response to my question before I arrived at any sort of conclusion though. I found Wall-E's post where he votes WC the main cause of my suspicion as he tries to portray something as something it is not. Mainly, he accuses WC of stalling, using WC's "I tire of you. I won't respond to you until you vote." post as evidence, which I think is an assumption of intent.

So, yeah, I'll hammer Wall-E.
Mastin
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Mastin
She/Her
Unabridged
Unabridged
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Mastin »

Hmm...
I'm disliking the WC wagon a lot.
From what I've seen of WC, he's been fairly pro-town.

I like the Wall-E wagon that formed.
I'm back! Well, kind-of.
No Access on Weekends
. :/
Advid reader/contributor to MD, as I'm far better in theory than I am in reality. :P

True to my word, I'm retiring. Totally not me. :P
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Empking wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:I CAN quote both, but the last time you posted anything decent in this thread was the 10th. I am not lying to make you seem scum; I am saying you're lurking and worrying about deadline at the same time, which is scummy to me.
I don't beleive you about the first part and if you're lying in the first part you're definately lying about the second.

"DEADLINE 05/26". No explicit rule stated, but I interpreted it as a rule for what I believe to be an understandable reason: By definition of a deadline as applied to MafiaScum.net, all votes for a lynch must be in before that date.

Also, when I said the second post, I meant the third (even though it's numbered 2), but here it is:
Rishi wrote:* If the thread activity falls too low, a deadline will be set.
The last time I saw you post anything decent, you were helping me with my case against White Castle. Now you're panicking over something that you're not really helping—not good. We have a week and a half left in Day 1—plenty of time to get rid of Wall-E or any other player in this game if we work at it. If you think I should go instead of Wall-E, then convince us of that. We can safely dispense with seven people—the four Mafia we know exist somewhere and three townies. I know what I am, and I'm not trying to make myself a martyr, but I'm not concerned about my life either.

Mastin, what do you think of White Castle trying to implicate hewitt over a random vote that happened five months ago in another game?

Jazzmyn
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Jazzmyn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by Jazzmyn »

There's something very odd about this:
Furry wrote:Well I got a closeish reread done. Scum are WallE, Empking, Skitzer and WC. I am pretty confident in Lowell being town, a little less so but still like hewitt and SC as town. Everyone else is in that nice little grey area.

Tomorrow with luck I will have reasoning as to why we should be finishing off WallE. I wont vote untill I get a case up though, but for all practical purposes he is at L-1.
Then in Furry's next substantive post, he voted Wall-E, and says that
"the fact that someone as scummy as he is still has not gotten lynched is practically another point to him being scum" with the inference being that the scum are not voting for him, thereby stopping him from being lynched.

But:
Rishi wrote:
Vote Count – Page 23

Wall-E – 6 (Lowell, skitzer, White Castle, Jazzmyn, Empking, Furry)
White Castle – 3 (Wall-E, StrangerCoug, hewitt)
Lowell – 1 (Mastin)
skitzer – 1 (Netlava)
Furry – 1 (Guybrush Threepwood)
Contrary to Furry's reasoning above, and according to Furry's purported scum list,
every single one of the scum
is voting for Wall-E.
So, his reasoning and his purported scum list run counter to each other.

Furry, if you think that Wall-E, Empking, Skitzer and WhiteCastle are the four scum, why would you join a wagon against Wall-E that has all three of your other purported scum suspects on it? Do you think that all three of Wall-E’s scum partners would be on his wagon in this fashion in the circumstances of this game? I.e., it's Day 1, there is no overt need for the scum to ALL bus one of their own, etc.

FoS: Furry

According to you, if you believe your own scum suspect list, that means that the only townies on the Wall-E wagon are Lowell, you and me, while five other townies are voting for others. I just can't see all of the scum being on scum-WallE's wagon like this. One, perhaps. All of them? No way.

And as town, I would never join a wagon that had every single one of my scum suspects on it as you have just done.

So, it looks like you're fudging your scum suspect list and, by extension, also your town list. Which looks pretty suspicious in my eyes.

Regards,
Jazz
Furry
Furry
Mafia Scum
Furry
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by Furry »

Jazzmyn wrote:According to you, if you believe your own scum suspect list, that means that the only townies on the Wall-E wagon are Lowell, you and me, while five other townies are voting for others. I just can't see all of the scum being on scum-WallE's wagon like this. One, perhaps. All of them? No way.
Skitzer still is good chances scum with wallE. He voted on junk reasoning a long time ago, and recently has been more trying to detract from the wagon. He cant really try and derail the wagon at this point since it would be obvious what happened early was distancing, instead of scumhunting for some reason. Emp and WC are lower chances of scum with WallE, but still some of my top suspects in isolation.

Also I do realize that the chance of the four being scum is near zero. I have my top suspects, but I have my prefered lynches, and my list turns as soon as I see a few flips. What the list signifies is my top four prefered lynches, not my most probable scum list.
Temporary unretired alt
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by Netlava »

Looks like it's time to send Wall-E to the junkyard.

Vote: Wall-E
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by Netlava »

Unvote, vote: Wall-E
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 9:04 pm

Post by Empking »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Empking wrote:

"DEADLINE 05/26". No explicit rule stated, but I interpreted it as a rule for what I believe to be an understandable reason: By definition of a deadline as applied to MafiaScum.net, all votes for a lynch must be in before that date.
That isn't even close to the deadline rule.

Also, when I said the second post, I meant the third (even though it's numbered 2), but here it is:
Rishi wrote:* If the thread activity falls too low, a deadline will be set.
That's not what I meant by deadline rules and I'm pretty sure you know that. (Rishi did at least)

The last time I saw you post anything decent, you were helping me with my case against White Castle. Now you're panicking over something that you're not really helping—not good. We have a week and a half left in Day 1—plenty of time to get rid of Wall-E or any other player in this game if we work at it. If you think I should go instead of Wall-E, then convince us of that. We can safely dispense with seven people—the four Mafia we know exist somewhere and three townies. I know what I am, and I'm not trying to make myself a martyr, but I'm not concerned about my life either.
This doesn't really matter any more.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 3:47 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

The rules aren't the point of my argument anyway. The point is that you are—or were, now that Wall-E's hammered—active lurking while complaining about the deadline on your head. Contribute to this game or die.

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2009 4:26 am

Post by Rishi »

Rishi wrote:Yup. Day 1. 12 alive, 7 to lynch.

By the way, someone (forget who) asked me this question by PM. If a deadline needs to be set, the person with the most votes at deadline will be lynched, even if it's not a majority (since No Lynch is not an option in this game). Ties will be broken by longest held vote.

Just getting that out of the way so there's no confusion later.
This was Post 21. I will edit this into the second post when I have time.

More to come, but I want to give you guys the opportunity to keep playing:

[flavor]

VOTE:

Wall-E was a townie. Now Day 2. 11 alive, 6 to lynch.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”