Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 3:33 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

AceMarksman wrote:alright, if no one objects, I will hammer hp. While I feel that is a sub-par lynch, it is better than a no lynch. Any objections?

WRONG. No-lynch is far better, wtf is wrong with you?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 3:34 pm

Fine, fuck. Lawrencelot is playing as much for survival than populartajo.

Unvote, vote Lawrencelot
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by Incognito »

Vote Count #12 of Day 1

hp [leaves] (4) <-~ Nuwen, Lawrencelot, Claus, ekiM
AceMarksman (1) <-~ springlullaby
Lawrencelot (3) <-~ AceMarksman, populartajo, Albert B. Rampage
populartajo (1) <-~ hp [leaves]

With 9 alive, 5 will do it.

Deadline (tick tock) wrote:
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by AceMarksman »

Ok, 19 hours guys. If we get within an hour and law hasn't been lynched, I'll switch to hp (as should others, just in case I'm not on).
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

My record: W/L/T/A
Overall:5/2/0/1
Town:5/2/0/1
Scum:0/0/0/0
3rd Party:0/0/0/0
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 5:00 pm

Post by Claus »

Yay!

unvote: Vote lawrencelot

I should be back here later.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by Claus »

I would really like to hear Spring's thoughts on all of this before the day ends. Spring has been missing all the fun with her vote parked on Ace.

Also, I "should" be able to post something again in 12 hours from now, but no guarantees.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by Claus »

Albert B. Rampage wrote: WRONG. No-lynch is far better, wtf is wrong with you?
Strongly disagree Albert. Your play is based on the assumption that we should do whatever we can to avoid lynching the Chosen one, even things that will put the town in a worse condition.

I say that while we need to avoid lynching the Chosen one, there are quite reasonable chances that we may do it by mistake - there is just not enough information for us. We should concentrate on putting the town in a good position to still be able to even in case that happens.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 12:55 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

I find it strange that I am the lynch for today while Claus (and maybe tajo) is the only one that made a case on me. Everybody posted their reasons for lynching hp (everyone who was voting hp) if I remember, but for example Ace and ABR just joined my wagon without good reasoning.

ABR, how am I playing for survival? Ace, why am I scummy?

If you guys think that hp is the chosen, fine, but then also say that you are almost certain that I am NOT the chosen. I myself can't say anything about that chance, because I don't know if the scum would have vetoed me, even without taking WIFOM into account. I don't really think hp has more chance of being the chosen than anyone else, so my vote stays there.

Don't lynch me, I have the most powerful protown role of the game :roll:
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 1:46 am

Post by ekiM »

populartajo wrote:Im scumhunting elsewhere. I just dont want that ABR posts retarded stuff stating that I am scum. Would you let him post something that you are scum and even worse without a single fucking decent reason?
mike wrote:If I'm reading you right, you're implying that the reason you are voting for Albert is because he is voting for you, not because you think he is scummy per se, or because you have a case on him (apart from him voting you). That's not a very townie way of thinking, in my opinion.
You are right that I dont think he is obvscum. The reason Im voting him is his weak logic when attacking me. I dont think he is obvtown as some people have stated. Do you? Better question. If you were the guy that ABR would be attacking would you think he is town?
mike wrote:Again, I don't think you should be voting based on who you perceive to be a threat to yourself.
God, please. Should I let him keep throwing crap of his mouth?
mike wrote:If you are town, I would ask you to do the same.
I have. ABR hasnt. I prefer a Law lynch but hp is also a healthy d1 lynch.
If you are town and someone is pushing a case on you that you consider baseless, then you don't have anything to worry about. If it's baseless, he's not going to convince anyone else. You don't need to try and strongarm him into "stopping throwing crap of his mouth". Just calmly defend yourself from any points he does bring up, and move on. Getting upset that someone is attacking you seems more like a scum trait than a town trait.
springlullaby wrote:I think you guys are all giving Poptajo too much credits for his little emotional spaz. Remember that anger is the easiest of the emotions to fake as scum because it pisses scum off to be caught. You have to examine the facts, and fact is Poptajo's vote on ABR sucks beyond measure.
Agree that he isn't coming off very townie here.
Tajo wrote:What about if I dont think he is obvscum or obvtown? What about if there is nothing to defend me of?
Ignore him.
Tajo wrote:I can do anything I want with my vote. Thx very much.
Right, but some uses of your vote are scummy, and people will take that into account.
AceMarksman wrote:
Severe, erupting FoS:ABR
Are you serious? I'm half convinced to vote you for 279.
Lots of FoS coming from Ace to Albert, but no votes. How comes? FWIW, I see nothing scummy about 279/281. If we lynch three townies who aren't the chosen one, we win. I don't think this is the best way to go about this game, but it's hardly scummy for pointing it out.
Albert wrote:Wild guess here, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the Chosen One or I would have gotten much more flak than this.
You're getting a lot of flak from at least a couple of people...
Nuwen wrote:This isn't a good way to go about playing - I played town side in two marathon versions of this setup, and gauging early lynches off of who might or might not be the Chosen is a bad way to go about playing town. If the Chosen + one townie + one scum is still alive in the end game, it'll be pretty obvious who the Chosen is. Beyond that situation, it's almost impossible to discern who might be the Chosen without a scum flip (and even then, that half of the scum pair might not have been working towards the Chosen's lynch to maintain distance from his or her partner). My point: trying to determine with player is the Chosen is an impossible imbroglio of multi-layered WIFOM. There's just no way to figure out A) Who is absolutely town and B) Who was randomly selected from the town pool at this stage in the game.

I'd also like to point out that lynching the least lynchable players is a policy door for scum to take advantage of - what if our scum pair is unfamiliar with the metas of all players in this game, and didn't preclude a town player that's more "difficult" to lynch than the rest of the bunch? If that player was randomly selected, opting to lynch otherwise "hard-to-lynch" people accelerates scum towards their goal.

Second point: Because of the above, we should be playing this game like a standard 2/7 setup with daytalking. The Chosen only becomes relevant when we can compare voting patterns and wagons of confirmed/suspected scum to see who their repeated lynch target is.
This is all correct and Nuwen is feeling very townie.
Law wrote:I disagree entirely. First off, I'd never policy lynch a lurker unless there was no better alternative, because lurkers should be replaced and not lynched.
Then why are you voting hp?
populartajo wrote:
hp [leaves] (4): spring, Nuwen, Lawrencelot, Claus
This just doesnt feel right. And makes me think that hp is prob chosen.
I don't get it.
ekiM
ekiM
Mafia Scum
ekiM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 1:51 am

Post by ekiM »

Ace, hp, any particular reason you guys aren't pledging?

* Nuwen (1) Albert
* Lawrencelot (5): spring, Nuwen, Claus, Tajo, ekiM
* Albert B. Rampage (2): Lawrencelot, Claus
* Claus (1) Albert
* AceMarksman (3): spring, Lawrencelot, ekiM
* populartajo (4): spring, Albert, Lawrencelot, ekiM
* springlullaby (2): Claus, Tajo
* ekiM
* hp [leaves] (5): spring, Nuwen, Lawrencelot, Claus, ekiM

I'm going to play pool at T-4 hours, should be back before the deadline so I can move my vote to hammer if needs be. I'll probably check back before I go out, too.
AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 3:45 am

Post by AceMarksman »

law wrote:Don't lynch me, I have the most powerful protown role of the game
Ha! Scumslip. There are no power roles besides the chosen one and the chosen one does not know that they are the Chosen one, as cleared up by incog in the first posts of the game:
incog wrote:To clarify since I've gotten this question a bit: The Chosen One will
not
know that he or she is the Chosen One. His or her role will be revealed upon death though.
Therefore you would not know if you were or were not the chosen one. A townie would have no reason to claim this, however the mafia would have every reason to claim this hoping the rest of the town would forget about incog's clarification above. Sorry law, you made it too easy.
Show
"either he's scum and yay 1 less scum, or he's town and yay 1 less zwetschenwasser. " ~Moratorium
Words to live by.

AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 3:46 am

Post by AceMarksman »

What? I am voting law, as I have been since like page five or something. If it got missed:
Unvote, Vote: law
Show
Words to live by.

AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 3:47 am

Post by AceMarksman »

Most recent votecount wrote:Vote Count #12 of Day 1

hp [leaves] (4) <-~ Nuwen, Lawrencelot, Claus, ekiM
Lawrencelot (3) <-~ AceMarksman, populartajo, Albert B. Rampage
populartajo (1) <-~ hp [leaves]

Ok, I thought so.
Show
Words to live by.

AceMarksman
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
AceMarksman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 4:05 am

Post by AceMarksman »

law wrote:but for example Ace and ABR just joined my wagon without good reasoning.
I was the first one on your wagon :roll:
Show
Words to live by.

hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

I have reread and reread law and I think he's really scummy. There is also a link between him and populartajo so I want tomorrow's lynch to be him.

The extreme speed of my wagon also increases the chance that I'm the Chosen (or the first post I made. Revealing the entire scumteam.). I hope I'm not.

Here comes.
Unvote, Vote law
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2009 5:02 am

Post by Incognito »

Incognito's Final Vote Count of Day 1 wrote:
hp [leaves] (3) <-~ Nuwen, Lawrencelot, ekiM
Lawrencelot (5) <-~ AceMarksman, populartajo, Albert B. Rampage, Claus, hp [leaves]

"A Poison Tree" by William Blake

"I WAS angry with my friend:
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow.

And I watered it in fears,
Night and morning with my tears;
And I sunnèd it with smiles,
And with soft deceitful wiles.

And it grew both day and night,
Till it bore an apple bright;
And my foe beheld it shine,
And he knew that it was mine,

And into my garden stole,
When the night had veiled the pole:
In the morning glad I see
My foe outstretched beneath the tree."

Was Lawrencelot a friend or a foe? I guess it depends on what side of the town you were on - mafia or a simple, honest, hardworking townie. The pistol in his back pocket sure looked menacing -- maybe he was a vigilante?

Ha! Vigilantes in this game? No.

Only the scum carry guns.

Lawrencelot,
Mafia
, lynched Day 1.

'Tis now Night 1. Please have your night action in to me within 72 hours. Day 2 will begin on Tuesday, May 19th.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 4:27 am

Post by Incognito »

Excerpt from "Santa Baby" by Madonna

"Think of all the fun I've missed
Think of all the fellas that I haven't kissed
Next year I could be o' so good
If you'd check off my Christmas list
-Bee Doo Bee Doo

Santa honey, I wanna yacht and really that's
Not a lot
Been an angel all year
Santa baby, and hurrrrrrrryy dooooooown the chimmmneeeey toooooooniiiiiiiight"

Claus' old Victrola that he was using to listen to Madonna slowly ground to a halt while he was lounging in his La-Z-Boy chair at home.

When Claus went to investigate, he was gunned down instantaneously by the sole surviving member of the mafia and was left lying on the floor in a puddle of blood redder than his Santa suit.

What will all the children do without Santa's gifts during Christmas? :cry:

Claus, Townie, killed Night 1.
It is now Day 2. With 7 living, 4 will do it.
D2 Deadline: Tuesday, June 9th at 7 P.M. EDT
Also note: hp [leaves] has informed me that he will be V/LA until Thursday.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 4:44 am

Post by Claus »

Yes. Yes. I know I'm a great scumhunter. You may all stop thanking me now.

Bah, go town!
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 5:59 am

Post by Nuwen »

Voting pattern infodump:

HP [leaves] (RVS, 16)

Ace (85) - "Mostly gut"
Lawrencelot wrote:Normally, almost everyone looks town to me. This game, almost everyone looks scum to me. I agree with most things that are said about Ace, but Claus also looks pretty agressive to me. Unfortunately, from experience I know that being agressive is not a scumtell at all. Since these are my highest suspects at the moment, I'll
Vote: AceMarksman
. Mostly gut, but I don't have much more this early in D1.
FOSes are for scum distancing and pussies:
Lawrencelot wrote: I disagree. Any discussion, including theory discussion, is a place to start scumhunting, for example by looking for inconsistencies, motivations, or scumtells in general. Normally, the RVS flows into a discussion about lynching lurkers, massclaim, questions for a specific player, or in this case, theory discussion. You can't make a case or question a case if there is no discussion. If you say we shouldn't talk about theory discussion, you should provide an alternative so that we have a source to look at.
Fos:
Claus
and q21
Followed by an unvote in the same post (99)

And then a revote in 111,
Lawrencelot wrote:Post 108 is pretty similar to my thoughts on Ace. Plus that he keeps avoiding to attack hp, which would be consistent with his other posts. I do wonder though where 109 comes from, could you quote that scumslip for me springlullaby? Because I haven't noticed it.

I'm still not that sure about q21. I'll wait for his replacement to catch up and then reconsider. But for now,
Vote: AceMarksman
And another unvote in 155.

Vote for Tajo in 180.

More FOSes in 211 + vote for HP,
Lawrencelot wrote: I'm all up for a hp lynch now. Posts 185 and 187 seem
extremely
scummy to me, and I was only giving him the benefit of the doubt because I thought he would be more useful after having (re)read everything. Which didn't happen. ABR also still failed to explain his vote on tajo, and populartajo is infinitely more useful to the town than hp, even if he was scum.
Unvote: populartajo; Vote: hp; FOS: ABR
Plus scumlist:
Lawrencelot wrote: Good lynches:
hp

Not bad lynches:
Ace, ABR (if you don't take chosen stuff into account)

Worse lynches:
populartajo, no lynch?

Bad lynches:
rest (
Claus
, Nuwen, springlullaby, ekiM
)
Lynchlist (Law's votes spliced)
Lawrencelot wrote: * Albert B. Rampage (1):
Lawrencelot

* AceMarksman (2): spring,
Lawrencelot

* populartajo (3): spring, Albert,
Lawrencelot

* hp [leaves] (3): spring, Nuwen,
Lawrencelot

* Nuwen (1) Albert
* Lawrencelot (2): spring, Nuwen
* springlullaby
* ekiM
Claus
(1) Albert

Aaaaand final wagon:
Lawrencelot (5) <-~ AceMarksman, populartajo, Albert B. Rampage, Claus, hp [leaves]

Off votes: (Nuwen, Lawrencelot, ekiM, springlullaby)
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 6:39 am

Claus wrote:Yes. Yes. I know I'm a great scumhunter. You may all stop thanking me now.

Bah, go town!
Lmao.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 6:41 am

Post by populartajo »

So far and without having reread the game after the Law flip (I told you so), here is a tempting scumlist.

Town

populartajo
I think pretty obvious here.

hp [leaves]
Also pretty obvious here.

AceMarksman
not so obvious here but also prob town, overall feeling.

ekiM
leaning town but I need to reread him to find interactions.Good overall feeling

Scum

Albert B. Rampage
Nuwen
springlullaby

Our scum is in this group. Need a reread to decide my vote.

Nuwen, what conclusion can you get of your analysis?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 6:51 am

Are you fucking kidding me?

Vote populartajo

Lawrencelot would have NEVER gotten lynch if I didn't turn the wagon around.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 6:52 am

Post by populartajo »

WTF?

Are you really seriuous with your vote?

Who turned the wagon around?

Read the fucking thread and then come back.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 6:57 am

Fuck you!
I
turned the wagon around. You played a very small part in lynching Lawrencelot.
Nuwen
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Nuwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2009 7:02 am

Post by Nuwen »

Everyone wants to take responsibility for the scum lynch, we get it. Put the head trophy away and do some analysis.

(writeup to follow up my info dump coming after my shift ends at 4 cst, it's really difficult to maintain a cogent train of thought while working a helpdesk/call center)
So high, so low, so many things to know.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”