AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 5:27 am

Post by AndyTony »

At that point in the game, Zero's meta had been discussed so much, and he had written so little in
this
game, that I was illustrating how everyone was risking casting him in an unfair and negative light - all based on his meta, no less.

There's no hidden layer to that - if anything, I feel as though you are indeed going deeper than necessary.

The post says what it says - the want for a fair game with no biases.
"It's Not A Breeze, 'Cause It Blows Hard"
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 7:27 am

Post by hohum »

Guys. Please make note of the sig. I will catch up on monday.
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 8:45 am

Post by Kdub »

AndyTony wrote: What made you feel we were officially out? (I'm not being sarcastic)
I guess the first vote after we had moved out of the RVS was hohum's vote of ODDin in post 100, but the discussion had been brewing for a page before that. Why were you curious about that? Did you feel that we were still random voting?
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 8:57 am

Post by AndyTony »

Although hohum illustrates agressive nature and as pitstop put it: chicken with his head cut off, I wasn't sure is it was appropriate for me to regard the vote hohum placed as serious or not - - If it is indeed serious, it's a rash, weak vote - - he's attacking someone for not agreeing with him.

To be fair, I wanted another person's opinion before I regarded it as such. I just wanted to make note of it.
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 9:21 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

I stated why I don't post much in the first day, especially at this point.
"I'm still a bit amazed by Zer0's play." -Xylthixlm
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 9:41 am

Post by AndyTony »

Dude, who's challenging you?
Pitstop
Pitstop
Townie
Pitstop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 10:40 am

Post by Pitstop »

Btw, I tend to get lazy and not make a lot of posts so I wouldn't look into that too much for those of you who were stating that I should be doing things ASAP.

I'm just never interested in games on this site because everybody is too damn serious, yet I still sign up and treck my way through the best I can.

But yeh, I might post some stuff later :P
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 11:15 am

Post by Cephrir »

AndyTony wrote:Hohum is practically planning the lynch of a player we have barely spoken to. He said his conditions for suicide rested on poor logic - we all know what that means because we've all had at least one game where everyone seemed insane lol

Let's cross that bridge when we come to it and not plan a lynch as fast as hohum is chsing it - - I'd rather chase scum and this person we're discussing hasn't done anything in this game that is scummy yet.
Flip out much? He's just been saying that he might be inclined to lynch zero if he claimed scum which is perfectly reasonable. He's not "planning a lynch".
AndyTony wrote:"If he claims scum we lynch him" doesn't jive with me - - circumstances will always be different, and I'm just voicing an opinion because I've seen it happen in the past and the town goes belly up for it
I didn't see that it was that definite. And lynching claimed scum 100% of the time is definitely a policy for some players.

Yes I'm being redundant, that's what I do when I'm a few pages behind :P
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 11:57 am

Post by AndyTony »

So we have a player that is admittedly emotional , a player that is admittedly lazy, and a player that doesn't mind making redundant statements that only reflect poorly on himself. lol

I smell a sitcom.

GUYS - - be you lazy, redundant, or emotional, we can have a fair game with no biases - we just have to meet each other half way! lol

Mutual respect will keep things from getting too crazy-
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Pitstop - - It's now been a few times you've dropped in to say you'll just come later ----- I can only hope with gems. I understand your schedule is your own and I respect that, but if you could reserve the time you find to post here on actually posting and not promising to (they cancel eachother out) I would find it less suspicious. Thanks!

@Ceph - - Next time catch up. If you're going to be redundant and not contribute, don't drag my name into it.
hohum wrote:Seriously though, if he wants to get all
emotional
and claim, or do something else equally as
stupid
then let him so I can add to my list of reasons to
lynch him
The above statement doesn't talk about scum much, does it?

Looks to me like a player that told us he believed in utility lynches was happy to lynch a player for being his definition of stupid and emotional.

We lynch people for being scum. Not emotional. That's my point Ceph.
--------------------------------------------------------------
That was your first post since the RVS - let's hope they don't get any worse. Happy reading.
MadCrawdad
MadCrawdad
Goon
MadCrawdad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by MadCrawdad »

Pitstop wrote:Btw, I tend to get lazy and not make a lot of posts so I wouldn't look into that too much for those of you who were stating that I should be doing things ASAP.

I'm just never interested in games on this site because everybody is too damn serious, yet I still sign up and treck my way through the best I can.

Pitstop, where else do you play?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Andy wrote:The above statement doesn't talk about scum much, does it?

Looks to me like a player that told us he believed in utility lynches was happy to lynch a player for being his definition of stupid and emotional.
I'm pretty sure he's already said what he meant by this.
Andy wrote:That was your first post since the RVS - let's hope they don't get any worse. Happy reading.
Well I could have said even more things that have already been said, would that be better? :roll:
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 2:28 pm

Post by AndyTony »

You're "pretty sure" and "could have been more redundant"?
With that and the smiley faces, are you trying to be cute about this?

Just do the readings, man - it never hurts to know what you're talking about
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 12:11 am

Post by Cephrir »

God, you're critical. I did read the thread.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 6:25 am

Post by AndyTony »

Critical? I apologize if you feel likeI'm coming down on you, but you have to understand my position - - you just played catch up, and in your most recent posts, tried to do so while pointing an incredulous finger at me.

I haven't made any solid decision on anyone yet, nor have I voted seriously - - which means everything is an opinion/thought of mine, yes? I feel like you're interested in having a head a tete over difference of opinions.

If something is unclear - just ask - don't tell me youre pretty sure it's wrong - I'm more than happy to discuss with you.

A tad bit of lurking going on from at least four players - how's everyone doing? lol
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 7:22 am

Post by dejkha »

I'm here, I just have nothing else to say. It's pretty much everyone arguing over the same thing as the last time I posted and it doesn't look like we've made any progress.
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 8:53 am

Post by AndyTony »

Pitstop wrote:Btw, I tend to get lazy and not make a lot of posts so I wouldn't look into that too much for those of you who were stating that I should be doing things ASAP.

@Dejkha - Pitstop's meta shows that when he gets active, he never misses more than a day for the most part.

Do you feel the above quote is an honest statement about the player's schedule, or an attempt to diffuse suspicion of lurking - to get away with it.

For the sake of variety in conversation
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:00 am

Post by dejkha »

I'll believe it to the point where I don't think it effects his alignment. There have been plenty of times that I, as town, intentionally lurked while following the thread, just because I didn't feel like posting. As long as Pitstop doesn't make a half assed post when he does post, it doesn't matter to me. Obviously I'd prefer it if he's fairly active though. Going days without posting, while being active elsewhere, will raise suspicion.
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
OccamR
OccamR
Townie
OccamR
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:00 am

Post by OccamR »

A tad bit of lurking going on from at least four players - how's everyone doing? lol
I am paying attention, it's just that I have nothing to say. I agree with dejkha, there really is nothing to talk about and so few people talking since most people don't enjoy talking about meta for an entire day.

And I'm fine, thanks for asking. ;-)
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:38 am

Post by AndyTony »

glad to hear it lol - - now I'm not familiar with it too much, but my friend is a fan - is your DP from Calvin and Hobbs?
Pitstop
Pitstop
Townie
Pitstop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:14 am

Post by Pitstop »

AndyTony wrote:Critical? I apologize if you feel likeI'm coming down on you, but you have to understand my position - - you just played catch up, and in your most recent posts, tried to do so while pointing an incredulous finger at me.

I haven't made any solid decision on anyone yet, nor have I voted seriously - - which means everything is an opinion/thought of mine, yes? I feel like you're interested in having a head a tete over difference of opinions.

If something is unclear - just ask - don't tell me youre pretty sure it's wrong - I'm more than happy to discuss with you.

K, well I can understand why you haven't voted seriously since it's so early, but what good will it do us if everything you post is just a thought? It's great that you're letting us know everything that's on your mind, but at the end of the day, I don't think it's going to get Mafia lynched so we need a different approach than just posting our opinions.

I'm also looking at you as scum due to Post 166 where you actually considered me lying about being busy and lazy and lurking. Personally, I think that would be an absolutely pathetic scum tactic to attempt, and considering it is even funnier.

If you want a detailed explanation, I'm currently hosting a Mafia game on another site, am starting an Amazing Race game tomorrow, have school everyday from about 7am-4pm, music lessons and music groups, plus I would like to include a social life. Maybe I shouldn't have signed up with so much on the go but I'm doing the best I can.

Btw, the above paragraph isn't for you to empathize or sympathize or whatever you may take it because AndyTony will probably think I'm pulling out the sympathy card to not get lynched. It's just the truth, but this is a Mafia game so believing things is something done cautiously.
AndyTony
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
AndyTony
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:32 am

Post by AndyTony »

Pitstop wrote:
I'm also looking at you as scum due to Post 166 where you actually considered me lying about being busy and lazy and lurking.
Personally, I think that would be an absolutely pathetic scum tactic to attempt, and considering it is even funnier.
I offered some food for thought to change the subject we were on - -

You just said you want to consider me scum for innocently questioning you. That's dangerously close to omgus - - "I suspect you for thinking I'm suspicious" - are you serious?

Also - sharing my thoughts and observations can lead to others helping to contribute and point things out and help me past mental blocks - it's teamwork and a safer method than "forget sharing thoughts and ideas, lets toss a vote and see if it sticks"

I'm very unsettled at your omgus reaction to an innocent question - I made no statements that you were a liar, I asked for someone's opinion.
Pitstop
Pitstop
Townie
Pitstop
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Pitstop »

Yeah, but you weren't the first person to bring up me not posting enough of whatever, so there was buildup.

The fact is, with you simply stating your opinions, you may be feeding info into our heads that we don't need. Doing this without actually voting is a lot safer for scum because stating different opinions is nowhere near as scummy as changing votes and jumping on bandwagons.
Zer0ph34r
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Zer0ph34r
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 11:18 am

Post by Zer0ph34r »

I'm not liking this AndyTony guy. It's like he thinks he's all knowing. Like Allah or Entertainment Weekly. He's very serious and acts like he is the boss. And if you're going to ask me why, it's your posts. Read them and you'll know.
"I'm still a bit amazed by Zer0's play." -Xylthixlm
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 11:33 am

Post by hewitt »

hohum wrote:C) I've never seen anyone post a case and then UNVOTE that person before. That's sort of a strange move. Do you not care who gets lynched and why?
It's like page five, do we honestly have to be worried about who's going to get lynched at this stage of the game? There's like nothing to go off hohum, let's have the game kind of start first...
hohum wrote:If you seriously think anyone is going to get anywhere near lynch because of their meta, then the joke is on you, my friend.
Ummm I've seen it happen.
dejkha wrote:I personally think Zer0 should be lynched the day he claims scum, if he does. He's done it as both town and scum, so we can't leave it to chance.
I don't necessarily agree with this, it reminds me of you policy lynching Empking in every single game which you know I don't agree with.
Zer0ph34r wrote:I claimed because although I realize that this is a game made to be fun, I usually cannot stand when there are such obvious points of logic in a game and no one is seeing it but myself.
Well then point it out for the rest of us to see! Ya big dummy.
AndyTony wrote:hohum actually states that if zero gets emotional, he will lynch him for it - - - we don't lynch for people being emotional (because townies can be so as well) we lynch for being scum - -
Haha agreed. dejkha can back me up when I say that I've played emotional before and I was town. Not good/helpful play but not a scumtell.
AndyTony wrote:So we have a player that is admittedly emotional , a player that is admittedly lazy, and a player that doesn't mind making redundant statements that only reflect poorly on himself. lol
I admit that I get confused easily and tend to freak out when I do.
dejkha wrote:I'm here, I just have nothing else to say. It's pretty much everyone arguing over the same thing as the last time I posted and it doesn't look like we've made any progress.
Now you know how I feel when you play with Empking/zwets you boobah.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
yawetag
yawetag
Goon
yawetag
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by yawetag »

Current Vote Count

Current as of
Post #174

dejkha
- 3 (Cephrir, Pitstop, hohum)
Zer0ph34r
- 2 (MadCrawdad, The Corporation)
Cephrir
- 1 (OccamR)
hohum
- 1 (Khamisa)
MadCrawdad
- 1 (ODDin)
Pitstop
- 1 (dejkha)
The Corporation
- 1 (Zer0ph34r)

Not Voting:
hewitt, Kdub
"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." --Winston Churchill
"The ignorance of one voter in a democracy impairs the security of all." --John F. Kennedy

Typically only on during the evenings.

Return to “Completed Open Games”