Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:46 am

Post by Adel »

populartajo wrote:1. what games (with links) have you finished in the last 6 months? I
have played tons of games in the last 6 months. Link them would be a pain in the ass. From the top of my head. All WIH, Family Guy, Past ages, Drawn together, Insane Assylum, etc

5. what other names do you play mafia under here?
I have some alts, try to guess them.
here you go. "top of your head" (along with other answers like "most of them are on my wiki" that other players gave) is the kind of answer that dodges responsibility for omissions. It also means that I've wasted my time with you, since I'll have to do all of the work myself.

Identification of your alts help me lynch you if you are scum, and establish your innocence if you are town. To not reveal your alts in this gave runs counter to the townie win-condition in this game.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Vi »

Now to be productive.

Elmo has only posted once, and that contained what I would presume is his random vote (he's welcome to explain it when he comes back). You (tajo), on the other hand, NONrandomly voted away from springlullaby for no reason I could discern. I would expect a change of vote to have some reason behind it. You didn't provide one, etc.

In addition, I dislike the excuse "I thought we were still in the RVS" on principle. There was already quite a bit of nonrandom discussion going on, and your second "random" vote was rather unnecessary.

-----
Adel 72 wrote:I hate the nonsense stage almost as much as the random stage.

Tajo: pull your stick out and reread your posts. You aren't unique in your lack of diligence in your answer, but I am extra disappointed in you

I'm pissed because this lack of cooperation means that I'll have to do all of the work myself, instead of just quality assurance checks, meanwhile the rest of you can continue your social bullshit sessions.
Hey wait, I'm supposed to be the antisocial prick in this game.
Meanwhile, in addition to not answering your OWN questions, you're not answering mine either, at least not to the extent of why you're ESPECIALLY displeased with tajo's responses.

Do you believe any of what has been said so far (outside answering your survey) has been beneficial to finding scum?
Adel 74 wrote:Not true, especially early in a day 1. There are numerous non-scummy reasons to place a vote without explicit reasoning.
Granted, but I don't think any of those reasons apply here.

-----
tajo 72 wrote:I prefer 100 times a nice multiposting chat other than having a wallotext fight.
I'll save the joy of being cut twenty times while preparing my thoughts for chat mafia. It really is harder to organize.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:56 am

Post by populartajo »

adel wrote:here you go. "top of your head" (along with other answers like "most of them are on my wiki" that other players gave) is the kind of answer that dodges responsibility for omissions. It also means that I've wasted my time with you, since I'll have to do all of the work myself.
but adel, I dont feel like linking all my games finished in the last 6 months. What was the purpose of all this? Find if people were collaborative or not collaborative?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:57 am

Post by populartajo »

Identification of your alts help me lynch you if you are scum, and establish your innocence if you are town. To not reveal your alts in this gave runs counter to the townie win-condition in this game
WTF? I have some alts, Im not going to reveleate them here. There is a purpose for having alts, you know?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:00 am

Post by populartajo »

Vi wrote:Elmo has only posted once, and that contained what I would presume is his random vote (he's welcome to explain it when he comes back). You (tajo), on the other hand, NONrandomly voted away from springlullaby for no reason I could discern. I would expect a change of vote to have some reason behind it. You didn't provide one, etc.

In addition, I dislike the excuse "I thought we were still in the RVS" on principle. There was already quite a bit of nonrandom discussion going on, and your second "random" vote was rather unnecessary.
I have my reasons for that vote. The weak tells I always vote for in RVS. And when I voted Herodotus I was still in RVS.

Im indeed actually there. With my reread tonight I will finally get out of it.
Call me Tajo.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Adel »

I don't feel like wasting more time arguing this with you tajo. I'll just do it myself.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:05 am

Post by Vi »

populartajo 78 wrote:
Identification of your alts help me lynch you if you are scum, and establish your innocence if you are town. To not reveal your alts in this gave runs counter to the townie win-condition in this game
WTF? I have some alts, Im not going to reveleate them here. There is a purpose for having alts, you know?
I agree with the alpaca on this point.
I know this is a nomination game, but I didn't know we needed to send in a resumé to play or be read "properly".

Speaking as the person with the most comprehensive wiki page on the site (probably), I also take umbrage with--
Adel 75 wrote:"top of your head" (along with other answers like "most of them are on my wiki" that other players gave) is the kind of answer that dodges responsibility for omissions. It also means that I've wasted my time with you, since I'll have to do all of the work myself.
If you really want to stalk everyone, you can use the Search function to find the topics someone's posted in (conveniently giving you a list!) within about forty seconds.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:05 am

Post by populartajo »

Adel wrote:I don't feel like wasting more time arguing this with you tajo. I'll just do it myself.
If I had the time, I would do it, Adel.

I would like you to answer all your questions also.
Call me Tajo.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:06 am

Post by Adel »

Vi wrote:If you really want to stalk everyone, you can use the Search function to find the topics someone's posted in (conveniently giving you a list!) within about forty seconds.
Vi may be an apt name for you after all.. :roll:
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Vi »

Adel 83 wrote:
Vi wrote:If you really want to stalk everyone, you can use the Search function to find the topics someone's posted in (conveniently giving you a list!) within about forty seconds.
Vi may be an apt name for you after all.. :roll:
tbqh I expected snide commentary about stalking people, not being a village idiot. Explain yourself.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Adel »

populartajo wrote: I would like you to answer all your questions also.
Adel wrote: I'll answer my questions last.
reading is teh win
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Vi »

On second thought, don't. This is getting... unprofessional is the first polite word I can think of.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:13 am

Post by Adel »

Did you honestly think that I was unaware of the search function?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:14 am

Post by populartajo »

Adel, chill.
Call me Tajo.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:15 am

Post by Adel »

tajo, post a complete game list.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:20 am

Post by populartajo »

Adel wrote:tajo, post a complete game list.
Adel, Im not going to do something I dont find amusing, specially when I have stated that I would have to link A LOT of games. If you need the information that much, you can view my profile. I dont think you need the information THAT MUCH so I gave you a list already of some of the games I most remember. If its not enough then tell me the reason why should I link you to all my games.
Call me Tajo.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Vi »

Adel 87 wrote:Did you honestly think that I was unaware of the search function?
Instead of giving you what would appear to me to be a perfectly sensible (if overwhelmingly sarcastic) answer, I'm going to go away and give some other people a chance to express their incredulity.

Again, I ask this question.
Vi 76 wrote:Do you believe any of what has been said so far
(outside answering your survey)
has been beneficial to finding scum?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:44 am

Post by Korts »

Zorblag wrote:Troll gives warm greetings to all. Troll will start with a
Vote: Artem
. Him be the first, alphabetically by user name, who no has posted since the game began.

Troll no be inclined to be troubled by either Spyrex's opening comment on the deadline or Porken's dialogue. Calling Porken's vote for springlullaby part of the wagon on her seems a bit of a stretch to Troll, but so be it. Troll also realizes that Ectomancer be using what him had to work with so far in the game for his post so his stance be a fine way to start things.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Why is Troll so quick to emphasise the good intentions in each of the main avenues of discussion here? Seems like a way to buddy up to all those involved while staying firmly on the fence. The random and not arbitrary vote only makes it a more obviously worthless post.
Adel wrote:could all players please answer the following questions:

1. what games (with links) have you finished in the last 6 months?
2. what are your on-going games?
3. what is your personal definition of lurking?
4. of the players in this game, which players have you played with in the last six months?
5. what other names do you play mafia under here?
6. what other sites have you played at within the last six months?
1. DHSDSM Alpha, Crackers!, Xyl's Relative Chaos, Open 133 Lovers, Open 108 Weak MD, Speed Dating Smalltown, WaTR, Roccisi Autumn, Newbie 709 and Newbie 728

2. Open 142 True Love, Mafia in Ludd, Roccisi Summer and DHSDSM Beta

3. lack of contribution

4. Ectomancer, Adel, springlullaby, SpyreX (I am sad you forgot me :(), Vi, populartajo (I am sad you forgot me :(), Elmo

5. outed alts are: Doc (Friends and Enemies and Enemies and That Other Guy) and Bloodmoney (latter was Martyr Mafia, replaced out); in DHSDSM alpha and beta i am half of Trotsky

6. EpicMafia, IRC, ScumChat

Up to page 3, will post more as I read up.

unvote, vote: Zorblag
scumchat never die
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:50 am

Post by Porkens »

Herod wrote:
Porkens wrote:
P.S. I love your vote on SpyreX
Why do you love it?
It was, in like 8 words, funnier than my post.
Adel wrote:here you go. "top of your head" (along with other answers like "most of them are on my wiki" that other players gave) is the kind of answer that dodges responsibility for omissions. It also means that I've wasted my time with you, since I'll have to do all of the work myself.
My wiki is up-to-date, carefully layed out, and has a full list of links to all the games I've played. I put a lot of care and attention into it. I don't feel compelled to copy/paste the wiki code and edit it for html when in
one
click you could see my entire history (and navigate it with a few more clicks). The work is done, go and enjoy it, or don't, if you feel it's a waste of your time.
adel wrote:
populartajo wrote:
I would like you to answer all your questions also.
Adel wrote:
I'll answer my questions last.

reading is teh win
This is off-putting, to me. I understand that you've stated you'll reveal your reasons later, but this is starting to feel like you're just kicking up sand for the fun of it. The worst part of all this is that it's taking focus away from the problem with Tajo's late "random" vote, and, for what it's worth, the wagon on me. So, actually, if I take a mental step back, it looks like you might be kicking up sand to change the course of the conversation.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 11:08 am

Post by populartajo »

Porkens wrote:The worst part of all this is that it's taking focus away from the problem with Tajo's late "random" vote
There is a problem with that?
Call me Tajo.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 11:16 am

Post by Zorblag »

Troll gives warm welcome to Korts. Thanks you for replacing in.

Vi now be posting so Troll will
unvote
and all (including Korts) have now posted so Troll be done with that stage of Troll's voting.
Vi wrote:
Zorblag 45 wrote:First off, Artem has now posted. Troll will unvote and Vote: Vi. The potential vote for Mr. Flay which would have come next accomplishes too little for even Troll to bother with it.
Vi no understand why Troll vote in such methodical pattern.
Vi distrust policy or patternal nonfirst votes because they provide security which no be necessary or particular wanted in scumhunting.
At the start of the game anyone who no has posted yet warrants a vote in Troll's opinion. Troll needs a system to determine who to vote for first so Troll uses the alphabetical order of user names. Troll no restricts Troll's participation to these votes but them be something others can react to which helps Troll get a baseline of behavior to work with.
Vi wrote:Troll no be taking a position on the early discussion, which leads Vi to believe Troll no want to call any side Town or scum. Troll's comment in 45 about Ectomancer suggests the same. Vi be wondering how long this will last.
Right now Troll no knows whether the actions Troll has commented are indications of town or scum play. Troll simply be noting the things that Troll finds interesting in some way as Troll sees them along with Troll's initial reactions. As the game progresses Troll will be able to put more things together and start to draw conclusions.

As far as Adel's questions and requests go, Troll sees them as helpful for getting that baseline of behavior to work with in a systematic way. Troll no has any trouble with them at all if that be their purpose (either for Adel alone or with something that has yet to be shared.) Troll finds populartajo's unwillingness to share the identity of his alts to be a reasonable reaction. Adel be welcome to ask about alts and expect answers if him wants but Troll thinks that the desire to keep them private be fine. The desire to have a complete list of game links does make it easier to check things quickly.
Vi wrote:Speaking as the person with the most comprehensive wiki page on the site (probably), I also take umbrage with--
Adel 75 wrote:"top of your head" (along with other answers like "most of them are on my wiki" that other players gave) is the kind of answer that dodges responsibility for omissions. It also means that I've wasted my time with you, since I'll have to do all of the work myself.
It no be clear to Troll that Adel be complaining about all the deferences to the wiki. Troll's wiki be complete (and when Troll took a look Troll sees that all the games Troll has played here ended in December 2008 at the earliest so the six month time limit be covered to within a month if Adel be curious) so Troll assumes that it will do as well as if Troll had linked the games here. It be one extra click for Adel which Troll no minds requiring to offset the typing that Troll would have to do to get the information here. If Vi's list be complete then it no should be an issue either. It be those who said that them had partial lists that Troll imagines be the issue. If it turns out that Troll be wrong and Adel has an issue with complete wikis as well then Troll can live with him being disappointed there.

@Korts: Troll thinks that Troll has given the explanation that Troll will for issues with first post when Troll was addressing Vi's. You be welcome to make of it what you will. If you have any other questions or issues there which you no think were addressed let Troll know.

@populartajo: You seem to have time to continue to keep up with the game but not to go back and re-read to get out of what you think be the random voting stage for yourself. Why would that be?

Troll will at this time
Vote: Elmo
as Troll would very much like to see more than just the one vote from him in terms of participation.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 11:20 am

Post by populartajo »

Zorblag wrote:@populartajo: You seem to have time to continue to keep up with the game but not to go back and re-read to get out of what you think be the random voting stage for yourself. Why would that be?
I posted this
tajo wrote:Ill reread these 3 pages again this evening and bring more things that cauight my attention.
Its just hard to concentrate more than five minute in my office to reread.
Call me Tajo.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 11:36 am

Post by Artem »

Porkens wrote: The joke wouldn't have "worked" if I hadn't unvoted. The unvote was part of the joke.
This part is lost on me. Why the joke not have worked without the unvote?
Porkens wrote: There's that word again though; "stick." To me, since both the vote and the unvote were in the same post...I mean, there was nothing in the interrim for me to consider. I would think that my intention to unvote from the moment I started typing would be obvious...
Alright, I'll rephrase: you've obviously thought about voting spring and that your vote would start to generate the typical content for Day 1. Having thought about it, why did you not go through with the vote?

Of course the fact that you didn't go through with it makes you the guinea pig that we're riding on and not spring, so I'm not too heart-broken. Do you deserve to be lynched for your lack of vote (or lack of "sticking" to a vote, if you prefer) for spring? No. Do you deserve to have a wagon formed on you for the purposes of content generation? Heck yea. (though it seems that there are other candidates for competing wagons emerging)
Vi wrote: Artem, are you suspicious of Ectomancer after post 34?
No, not really. The basis for his argument was wrong, but the argument itself was good. Now that he realized that the basis is wrong, he is no longer pursuing the argument. Nothing suspicious.
pepoel who spel bad and don't know grammer is jerks
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by Vi »

Zorblag 95 wrote:Vi now be posting so Troll will unvote and all (including Korts) have now posted so Troll be done with that stage of Troll's voting.
It no look like Troll be done with that stage with Troll's vote on Elmo.

@Artem:
OMG KITTEN
Do you think it defeats the purpose of wagoning someone for reactions if you tell everyone that's what you're doing?
Porkens 93 wrote:This is off-putting, to me. I understand that you've stated you'll reveal your reasons later, but this is starting to feel like you're just kicking up sand for the fun of it.
Agreed.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 2:25 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I can see methods to the Adel-theorizing, although I would disagree with some of the push-pull in the last pages (which is scary because we're at all of Page 4)

@Korts - sup. I didn't forget you (I'm pretty sure you weren't in the game yet when I made that post, sheesh. I'm good, but not prescient).

I have to chime in though about Porkens and his "reactions" post. Clarify me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the purpose of that was reactions at all. It was a joke, a satire on some of the amazing that I know we've ALL seen in early day 1.

So, I dont get it.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”