caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by caf19 »

None of the people on the replacement list have the time to join the game at the moment. Since this is a nomination mini and all, I'll allow you to PM me suggestions of players you think would be suitable, and who would be interested in playing (I don't want to be just harassing people at random). Otherwise, I'll advertise the spot in the queue in a day or so.
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by Porkens »

Long post; sorry - I usually get the chance to post in the evenings, so this happens sometimes.
Ecto wrote:Heh, it was humorous. The question to me is, what else did you do? The actual votes on Spring and the subsequent random(?) vote on Spyrex are also there. Those are actions to me, not part of the humor. I'm looking at what was actually accomplished there. I'm a little surprised that your return was that it was all humor. That was all you meant to accomplish is a bit of fun? If so, wouldn't it have been just as fun to leave your vote on Spring? So...why didn't you leave it there?
I guess my joke wasn't even a little transparent; I was just going for a general satire of the usual flow of day 1s. Someone puts a vote on someone that someone else takes exception to on principle, and before you know it it's the basis for the first lynch. No earth-shattering social commentary or anything, just pokin' fun at the general meta. The joke wouldn't have "worked" if I hadn't unvoted. The unvote was part of the joke.

The vote on SpyreX is tradition more than anything else. Not random, but not backed by anything. Then again, maybe you're right; as you said in post 25, perhaps I just don't realize my own reasons.
Herodotus wrote:Porkens:
Was the point of your quote block in 21, particularly your fos on Ectomancer, sincere?
No but yes. The FOS was certainly not sincere; I just wanted to change as few words as possible but I didn't want to leave the word "vote" in the quote. I do, however, share with SpyreX a dislike of long day 1s, so to poke fun at the origional text was, in some ways, cathartic.

P.S. I love your vote on SpyreX
Artem wrote:Porkens, given the cast of this game, I think we're all familiar with the cliche motions of Day 1. But it is these motions that typically generate content. As such, a third vote on spring would have been useful, even if it did lead to the typical scenario described by your self-dialogue.

The fact that you decided not to stick with the vote boggles me a little. So, I think we should kick off the typical flow of Day 1 from step 2 (the person who messed up on step 1): Vote: Porkens
I'm sure everyone is familiar with the typical motions, that's why I thought we could all have a chuckle together about it. Again, the unvote was necessary for the joke to 'work' (in my mind although it seems to have fallen completely flat anyway).

There's that word again though; "stick." To me, since both the vote and the unvote were in the same post...I mean, there was nothing in the interrim for me to consider. I would think that my intention to unvote from the moment I started typing would be obvious...

Adel wrote: 1. what games (with links) have you finished in the last 6 months?
2. what are your on-going games?
3. what is your personal definition of lurking?
4. of the players in this game, which players have you played with in the last six months?
5. what other names do you play mafia under here?
6. what other sites have you played at within the last six months?
1. You can click my wiki, it's quite comprehensive.
2. same.
3. reading a certain game but not contributing to it.
4. SpyreX, Herod, Vi, I think.
5. none
6. EpicMafia
springlullaby wrote:I think Ecto is townish with his contribution so far and Spyrex comes off as weaker in the exchange, I don't think Ecto qualify as 'trying too hard', what he has said so far makes sense and I find the level of aggression to be adequate.

Atm, I think Porkens not keeping that third vote on is good bread.
Vote Porkens
Did someone say "trying to hard?" Or are you quoting yourself?

"keeping" or "sticking," this is starting to give me a twitch! And since you're the third person to say it, offering no new reason to vote me or addressing my explanation...

Unvote. Vote Springlullaby

..woah, wierd.

populartajo:
I'd also be interested in reading your answers to Zorblag's question in 45. It strikes me as odd that you've not commented on the going wagons or discussion, instead only placing a seemingly meaningless vote (which is SO 2 pages ago).
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by Herodotus »

Adel wrote: 1. what games (with links) have you finished in the last 6 months?
4. of the players in this game, which players have you played with in the last six months?
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10068
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10526
plus some marathon games

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11252

Posting only often enough to avoid prods would almost always qualify.
Averaging only X sentences per day that are relevant to the game would qualify as lurking for some value of X which probably depends on the game and the gamestate (though I'm not suggesting I would literally count.)
Making only meaningless statements about the game would often qualify as lurking.
If over a sustained period, I don't know another player's positions regarding the issues we're discussing, they're probably lurking.
Other characteristics of peoples' posting could also mean they were lurking. I can't think of a good complete definition.

Porkens and Artem
again, not including marathon day games... which would add at least Spring and Populartajo

If I was playing under a different username, I don't think I'd reveal that.

None.

Adel, when you answer your own questions, please let us know why you asked question 3 in particular.

Porkens wrote: P.S. I love your vote on SpyreX
Why do you love it?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by Vi »

Sorry I'm late, etc.
SpyreX 16 wrote:Vote: Vi

We cant have any village idiots around, right? :twisted:

Right?

Guys?

---
Adel 38 wrote:could all players please answer the following questions:

1. what games (with links) have you finished in the last 6 months?
I don't really see the relevance of these questions. But I'll conform nonetheless >_>

1 and 2. Refer to my wiki page.
3. Post elsewhere but not here over an extended period of time. (This is not to be confused with "Active Lurking", where you show up occasionally, say nothing of import, and leave.)
4. taco and Porkens.
5 and 6. I'll leave that for you to guess.

-----
Ectomancer 41 wrote:VI
Daykill: Ectomancer

Also, the only game I've been in with you was Meerkat Manor, my second onsite.

-----
Zorblag 45 wrote:First off, Artem has now posted. Troll will unvote and Vote: Vi. The potential vote for Mr. Flay which would have come next accomplishes too little for even Troll to bother with it.
Vi no understand why Troll vote in such methodical pattern.
Vi distrust policy or patternal nonfirst votes because they provide security which no be necessary or particular wanted in scumhunting.

-----

Thoughts so far.

Porkens seems Town, especially after sincerepost 51. Porkens is also correct in describing himself as a "spaz" (21).

SpyreX 24 seems scummish to me. It's a puffed-up defense and an accusation... without being an accusation.

I haven't played directly with Ectomancer in a long time, but I recently replaced into a game he replaced out of. This approach to the RVS is basically what he did in the other game. I don't really have an opinion on him so far.

Adel's commentary on the early game fighting (27) seems limited. Why? And instead of causing discussion, Adel ordered us to put together what seems to be irrelevant information. So far, dubious.

Troll no be taking a position on the early discussion, which leads Vi to believe Troll no want to call any side Town or scum. Troll's comment in 45 about Ectomancer suggests the same. Vi be wondering how long this will last.

Artem, are you suspicious of Ectomancer after post 34?

If tajo is trying to play cleverly, it's not working.

Vote: Zorblag
(L-6)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 10:52 pm

Post by Adel »

Ectomancer wrote:Quite a few questions Adel, what is the town supposed to get out of it other than indulging your own curiosity (or maybe you are building umpteen info status charts).
a better informed Adel.
Are we supposed to get short term benefits for the questions (I do fail to see the point). If not, do we need to wait before you give a summary with conclusions?
wait for it. there will be a reveal.
Do you think it distracts from the current building bandwagons?
says the person that unvoted SpyreX .
Could this have waited until later?
metas take time to build, and there are 11 living players in this game besides me.
It seems more like a technique for when the game slows down, so I dont see that reasoning. If it was simply to stir discussion, without any other real reason behind it, don't you think it is actually a distraction for the current thread?
less of a distraction than these absurd questions, obviously. Again, metas take time to build.
Judgement call good or bad? Distracting from a Porkens wagon that seems to be building would be what I consider poor play (save it till later when things stall). I know you like to have at least 2 competing bandwagons, but how is that going to accomplish it?
you'll have to wait for the reveal just like everyone else.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 10:59 pm

Post by Adel »

the point behind question 3 (what is your personal definition of lurking) is to build a consensus opinion of what lurking is now, when everyone is clearly present.

I'll answer my questions last.

Those players who have been uncooperative and incomplete so far (
*ahem*
tajo), please consider revising your previous answer to make a more complete response. Thank you.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 3:37 am

Post by Vi »

How are tajo's responses any worse than anyone else's?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 3:50 am

Post by Korts »

I got a PM from caf asking for replacement, I read the QT, and I'm flustered at being asked (even if only because others weren't available). As soon as I get my role PM I'll be posting something.

As a preliminary, I'd like more action and less analysis than is the tendency in these all-star games (Adel, Vi, Elmo, tajo, I know you like big posts); but only the alignment-relevant arguments need to be included for scumhunting--pointless quote wars should be avoided.

Thank you.
scumchat never die
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 4:34 am

Post by caf19 »

Korts replaces in. Everyone give him a big welcome!
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:15 am

Post by populartajo »

Adel wrote:the point behind question 3 (what is your personal definition of lurking) is to build a consensus opinion of what lurking is now, when everyone is clearly present.

I'll answer my questions last.

Those players who have been uncooperative and incomplete so far (
*ahem*
tajo), please consider revising your previous answer to make a more complete response. Thank you.
I have been uncooperative and incomplete where?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:16 am

Post by populartajo »

f tajo is trying to play cleverly, it's not working.
Huh?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:19 am

Post by populartajo »

porkens wrote:populartajo: I'd also be interested in reading your answers to Zorblag's question in 45. It strikes me as odd that you've not commented on the going wagons or discussion, instead only placing a seemingly meaningless vote (which is SO 2 pages ago).
Random stage. I always vote something that catches my attention. Herodotus 31 feels forced and 32 feels like but it could prob

Ill reread these 3 pages again this evening and bring more things that cauight my attention.

I also agree with Korts that I dont want this game to turn into a quote battle.
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:21 am

Post by populartajo »

EBWOP Dont know where this paragraph went.

Random stage. I always vote something that catches my attention. Herodotus 31 feels forced and 32 feels fabricated (notice the smiley) but it could prob be just a bad impression.
Call me Tajo.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:31 am

Post by Vi »

populartajo 60 wrote:
Huh?
Voting first and giving reasons later is
bad
. It looked to me like you were trying to be witty in agreeing with/piggybacking on a vote that had no reasoning behind it.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:32 am

Post by Vi »

Also, the counterpoint to "no quote walls" is not multiposting. I know some people do it (tajo just now, springlullaby in particular) but it's really annoying and I'd just as soon not deal with it as much as you don't want to see marathon quotefestivals.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:32 am

Post by populartajo »

Vi wrote:
populartajo 60 wrote:
Huh?
bad
. It looked to me like you were trying to be witty in agreeing with/piggybacking on a vote that had no reasoning behind it.
Have you ever heard of random stage?
Call me Tajo.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:33 am

Post by Vi »

Because with each post the chain of thought is broken, making you/me stop and think of what you're trying to say overall. That multiposts don't tend to come with tl;dr summaries only furthers the issue. Last, consider that when reading in isolation, I don't expect people to make more than one post at a time (barring EBWOPs); I expect some amount of temporal distance between the posts and having them back-to-back-to-back just messes things up.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:34 am

Post by populartajo »

Vi wrote:
populartajo 60 wrote:
Huh?
bad
And you are leaving Elmo out of the equation why?
Call me Tajo.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Vi »

Not to mention combo breaking.

I will say it's good for posts per day though.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:35 am

Post by populartajo »

Vi, stop multiposting please.
Call me Tajo.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:35 am

Post by Vi »

Now you see how annoying it is.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:37 am

Post by populartajo »

Vi wrote:Now you see how annoying it is.
I was joking.

I prefer 100 times a nice multiposting chat other than having a wallotext fight.

I really would skip it.

Its also nice with quoting.
Call me Tajo.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:40 am

Post by Adel »

I hate the nonsense stage almost as much as the random stage.

Tajo: pull your stick out and reread your posts. You aren't unique in your lack of diligence in your answer, but I am extra disappointed in you

I'm pissed because this lack of cooperation means that I'll have to do all of the work myself, instead of just quality assurance checks, meanwhile the rest of you can continue your social bullshit sessions.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:42 am

Post by Adel »

Vi wrote:Voting first and giving reasons later is
bad
Not true, especially early in a day 1. There are numerous non-scummy reasons to place a vote without explicit reasoning.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:42 am

Post by populartajo »

Adel, can you show me where I havent been cooperative?
Call me Tajo.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”