Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 6:49 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Also,
FoS: Naimoi
. For 287, giving one person to much power this early in the game is just a bad idea. I didn't see this until now.
Naomi_Saotome
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 6:51 am

Post by Naomi_Saotome »

Pyromaniac wrote:If anyone is wondering why I am offering drink it is because me refusing to drink it and getting lynched will lead to a worse scenario almost 100% (town to mafia flip) of the time.
I think we all can see that you refusing to drink it if you were chosen, would be a bad idea. What I don't understand is why you had to restate that fact and say it as if we couldn't figure that out...

---
agreed Lamont makes a good point...
Unvote, vote Pablo
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 6:54 am

Post by Lamont_Cranston »

This is the reason why this whole elixir thing is bad for the town. The Mafi can too easily read what is going on.
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Naomi_Saotome
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 7:02 am

Post by Naomi_Saotome »

Pyromaniac wrote:Also,
FoS: Naimoi
. For 287, giving one person to much power this early in the game is just a bad idea. I didn't see this until now.
The fact of the matter is, hohum has that power... it
is
his choice to make, we can pressure him as much as we can, but if he doesn't follow the town's lead he's responsible. And WE have the power to undo that after he has made his decision...
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 7:03 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Lamont does indeed make a good point.
Vote pablo
I had shown signs of saying that me drinking it was a bad thing. I was saying that I had shown that I was saying that it would be bad for me to drink it and still accepted drinking it (this is hyperbole). I stating why I did not contradict myself.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 7:05 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

In 287 you said that it should be his choice. You said nothing about lynching him if it disagreed with the towns choice.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 7:09 am

Post by Amished »

Mod: Can we get a votecount?
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 7:16 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Good god people, I wasn't rolefishing. Look at my earlier post about the drink and then my next post pertaining to who should drink it. Put 2 and 2 together. If you think I'm scum, and you think it's a negative effect, guess what? I'm still volunteering.
agreed Lamont makes a good point...
Lamont does indeed make a good point.
Naomi's and pyro's quick flip to me when they were arguing shows me that they're eager to avoid confrontation and go after an easy point to jump on with little to no elaboration. At the risk of seeming OMGUSy: it's mildly scummy.

Also, Amished, in the first X-Days game, wasn't it just touching ordinary household objects (the welder gear) that got you possessed by DeFoe? I'm not even sure if "normal" items are safe.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 7:26 am

And you forgot to include that Amish agrees that your idea is rolefishing...
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 7:28 am

Pablo Molinero wrote: Also, Amished, in the first X-Days game, wasn't it
just touching ordinary household objects (the welder gear) that got you possessed by DeFoe
? I'm not even sure if "normal" items are safe.
Dear goodness, with this info (which I was unaware of),
how can you possibly want this item used if you are town??
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 7:30 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I cannot comprehend why any pro-town role would not want this item used.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 7:32 am

Xtoxm wrote:I cannot comprehend why any pro-town role would not want this item used.
@Amish:
You are saying this is a town position??
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Amished »

In that game, you still touched the welder stuff to be possessed. That or that piece of wood that came from the slave ship. It's been a while, I'd need to go through them again. But I was suggesting things like trilby's hat might be like a cop role, or the book trilby used to bring the welder "to life" and then have people have stuff of the relatives to actually kill it. Items were necessary and beneficial to escape from the house and to keep the evil at bay for however long, while also helping to find clues to continue the game (same as any detective game).

However I don't recall trilby drinking coke, and even then it was slightly harmful judging by your description. The only thing "positive" that happened from getting rid of liquid was the empty swimming pool where trilby found that underground stash thing.. It's been way too long since I played those games.

I don't see the reasoning behind xtoxm's statement. I'd lean more towards having knowledge of the liquid, which can be either town or scum. With the possibility of losing powers/dying, I can easily comprehend why a pro-town role wouldn't want the item used.
Pyromaniac
Pyromaniac
Goon
Pyromaniac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 7:38 am

Post by Pyromaniac »

Your idea helps the mafia lynch power roles more easily. If you know who the regular townies than you know who isn't a power role. Also, if power roles claim that they are townies then that contradicts the point of you proposal. Thank you for pointing out that you volunteered, for this is evidence against you. Your proposal contradicts the volunteering system, this leads me to believe that the only reason why you volunteered is not look suspicious.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Amished »

Note: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 383BBD885B is a full playlist of the manor game, and the player has a full playthrough of the other two "true" games in the series (I don't consider trilby's notes to really be in the series as it's stealing the trilby character and not having anything to do with chzo).
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 7:46 am

Pyromaniac wrote:Your idea helps the mafia lynch power roles more easily. If you know who the regular townies than you know who isn't a power role. Also, if power roles claim that they are townies then that contradicts the point of you proposal. Thank you for pointing out that you volunteered, for this is evidence against you. Your proposal contradicts the volunteering system, this leads me to believe that the only reason why you volunteered is not look suspicious.
QFT
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 8:13 am

Post by Amished »

Also: it was enough just to touch the item in the game (and it was an idol, not *just* a piece of wood that made you want to kill people). Therefore we also have to watch hohum "tonight". One thing that I forgot about, was that salt played a relatively important role, so not all "food" is bad. A piece of meat also helped get past an obstacle in the trilby's notes game.

Unfortunately for us, Lamont in 377 and Pyro's 388 are correct, but hohum is v/la so I doubt we'll reach any consensus and especially not talk about the decanter since it's become such a large part of the game.

AFAIK, there's not much (if any) precedent to drinking something in the "normal" reality in the series and having the result be good though. Like I mentioned before, Trilby took some pills in the hotel (actually was the trilby's notes game, I was thinking about a different trilby game that wasn't part of the storyline) to shift from the terrible reality with the welder and corporeal evil to the normal reality. I'm looking for something in the trilby's notes game right now, be back to report it soon.

Ah, ok, nevermind then. In the trilby's notes game, Trilby (the protagonist) drank water to bring himself from the bad reality to the normal one. However, with what I remembered about the OBA (order of blessed agonies, see next paragraph) I'd be wary of those volunteering as they're necessarily evil and would probably know the effects of some of the items.

If this game follows the series kinda at all (which I believe it does) we also have to be aware of the Order of Blessed Agonies. It's like a cult that worships basically the scum. Forgot about those guys. This raises xtoxm up on my list as he has always been eager to drink the liquid. It very well could be beneficial for the cult to suffer (name and their role in the game both suggest it), and for the water to be harmful to the town benefiting the cult. The "evil gods" of the the game (the prince and chzo) would likely be immune to anything that happened as not even shooting them had any effect as evidenced by the game.

With that, I *strongly* suggest disposing of the container altogether.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:20 am

Amished wrote:However, with what I remembered about the OBA (order of blessed agonies, see next paragraph) I'd be wary of those volunteering as they're necessarily evil and would probably know the effects of some of the items.

If this game follows the series kinda at all (which I believe it does) we also have to be aware of the Order of Blessed Agonies. It's like a cult that worships basically the scum. Forgot about those guys. This raises xtoxm up on my list as he has always been eager to drink the liquid.

It very well could be beneficial for the cult to suffer (name and their role in the game both suggest it), and for the water to be harmful to the town benefiting the cult. The "evil gods" of the the game (the prince and chzo) would likely be immune to anything that happened as not even shooting them had any effect as evidenced by the game.

With that, I *strongly* suggest disposing of the container altogether.
My thoughts exactly.

I haven't played the 3rd game, but I played the first two; the original one in the manor and the one in space (its 4th dimensional sequel).

List of volunteers:

Shadow Knight
Stephoscope
Xtoxm
Pablo

I'm not sure if Sajin wanted to drink, I will need to review his posts...
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:26 am

Ok Sajin was ANTI-volunteer.

Along these analysis lines, there is another larger group that advocates random forced usage.

Their list to follow...
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:30 am

Post by Alabaska J »

OK WOAH I HAD THE WRONG THREAD sorry.

why wasn't i prodded? reading.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:30 am

Lamont_Cranston wrote:Frankly with all this confusion on just trying to apply logic to its use, I think your best argument is not to use it and the following players have advocated this:

Devastation
Hohum
Amish Ed
Naomi
Lamont_Cranston

Just want the record to be clear because I am in 100% agreement with the fact that the town is more likely to be harmed by its use.
The above have all taken village positions here.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:35 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Xtoxm wrote:AJ will turn up. Eventually. He does this often.
<3
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Alabaska J wrote:i'm here just sick
woah. i don't remember making this post. i was kinda feverish and out of it lol. apparently i was playing mafia haha
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:44 am

Post by Alabaska J »

hohum wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:I'll happily drink it.
As tempting as it would be to get you the hell out of this game, I think I'll hang on to it for now.
any reason behind this hostility?
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:50 am

Post by Alabaska J »

Stephoscope wrote:I will not vote for anyone until either someone drinks the drink, or we come to a consensus that no one is going to drink the drink.

I still think we should force Lamont to chug it.
are you a lyncher stephoscope? cuz if you are i think this is just precious
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”