Newbie 767 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Phelan
Phelan
Goon
Phelan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by Phelan »

MordyS wrote:
Phelan wrote:Were you trying to manipulate a possible townie into voting for the same person as you?
I don't really understand what you're asking. EVERYONE is a possible townie at the moment. So yes, I suppose that's what I was trying to do, for the reasons I outlined earlier. But he is also a possible scum. So I don't really understand what you're trying to get at.

(And your insistence on phrasing the question this way is a lot like asking, "When did you stop hitting your wife?" There's an assumption in the way you ask the question and every time I try to address that assumption, you accuse me of dodging the question.)
The reason I insisted is that you didn't answer it, nor mentioned why you didn't answer it. I didn't see your previous response as addressing an assumption in the question at the time.

I was also annoyed that you removed the context of the question. It was about trying to manipulate someone into voting, not manipulation in general, and it seemed different without the context.

What I was trying to get at, is that trying to direct people's votes seems wrong and looks scummy to me.

I was also mostly interested in your reaction to the question, more than the answer. If you had answered straight away, I would not have pushed as much.
However, you kept not answering for quite a while, even though I pointed it out. That didn't look townish to me. It looked like you were dodging the question. Also, I read somewhere (probably another game) that you should not let a question go by unanswered, and it made sense.

I've just noticed that we only have a day until deadline. :?
Since I don't know if I'll be able to post before it, I'm leaving a vote.
Vote:Cojin

Though I still think Mordy acted strangely for a doctor, I'm tempted to believe him.
That leaves Platypus and Cojin.
The first is lurking close to the deadline and I still have a gut feeling that he might be scum. Nothing conclusive, though.
The second for almost repeating Mickey77's mistake. We had gone after Mickey a lot for the sudden hammer, and subsequent lynch of a townie, and Cojin's second post here puts Mordy at L-1.
Since Cojin and his predecessor have claimed vanilla, at least we know we're not losing a power role.

I'll try to come to the forum tomorrow, in case something else has come up and another lynch has better reasons.

I'm really tired now, so I hope this post makes sense.
Phelan
Phelan
Goon
Phelan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by Phelan »

Forgot to say my vote puts him at L-2.
See you tomorrow.
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by Platypus_Dude »

I didn't realize that both of my games were near deadline. Sorry.

Mickey acted like argentino in NG 700 and he never said
why
people were suspicious, so I'll likely vote for him. I do want to try to reread before deadline, but I'm going to need to check on the timezone thing to make sure I'll have time.
"Platypus_Dude: I thought you played well throughout." - Incognito
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 1:25 pm

Post by Platypus_Dude »

EBWOP: I think it's 8 PM my time, so I should be able to get a few pages in. I won't be able to read everything most likely.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by MordyS »

Hopefully this'll encourage you to post/vote, Platypus. I just read the game you mentioned, NG 700, and noticed a few things that made me more suspicious of you. In particular, it was the fact that you said here that some people have a more lurky play-style that is not necessarily indicative of scummyness. And yet, over in NG 700, you were far more active and probing in your posts. This could obviously mean that you're simply distracted, or carrying on in too many games. But I'd like to see some ideas from you about where this game is currently at, who you suspect, and who you are voting for. Not simply defenses of yourself. I know you lodged something of an attack on Muzz, but I really haven't seen a lot of hunting or probing from you.

I also have a question for Phelan. You've been probing about a few players (in particular me, Cojin, Platypus) but, as I remember it, fairly quiet on some others. I notice you ask some incisive questions (even if I disagree with a few of them). What do you think about Korlash, delathi and Archaist? Archaist has posted almost as little as Platypus today. Do you find anything suspicious about any of those three? Or are they above your suspicions at the moment?
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
delathi
delathi
Townie
delathi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 2:35 am

Post by delathi »

I am still not certain about MordyS's claim.

However, assuming MordyS is telling the truth, Cojin moves to my #1 suspect based on three different player's individually and separately suspect actions.

Primarily, the thing keeping him from being the #1 suspect is the fact that my other #1 suspect is attacking him so vehemently.

A no lynch is bad also, and we are moving towards it rapidly.

Unvote
Vote : Cojin
I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything.
Cojin
Cojin
Goon
Cojin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 7:06 am

Post by Cojin »

Chills at L1.

Now who is the one that shall hammer the townie?
delathi
delathi
Townie
delathi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 7:11 am

Post by delathi »

Just chilling?

No defense?
Cojin
Cojin
Goon
Cojin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 7:36 am

Post by Cojin »

well i am a bit unsettled on how you place me at L1 knowing platy wants to vote thus hammering me indiscreatly. but all i can hope is that this time a townie lynch can help with discovering scum.

Vote: delathi
Communism mafia will return next marathon
Cojin
Cojin
Goon
Cojin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 7:43 am

Post by Cojin »

EBWOP Sorry for my horrible grammer but im super stressed due to Real life junk

well i am a bit unsettled on how you place me at L1 knowing platy wants to vote thus hammering me under the impression of an L-1 vote. but all i can hope is that this time a townie lynch can help with discovering scum.
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 7:57 am

Post by MordyS »

Cojin wrote:well i am a bit unsettled on how you place me at L1 knowing platy wants to vote thus hammering me indiscreatly. but all i can hope is that this time a townie lynch can help with discovering scum.

Vote: delathi
If I wasn't already voting for you, this would've been enough to get my vote all over again.

delathi
delathi
Townie
delathi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 8:03 am

Post by delathi »

Well, yes, I am assuming a likely hammer from Platypus_Dude, but, had he got here first to put you at L-1, and you reacted like this, I still would have voted.
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 8:12 am

Post by Claus »

Vote Count

Cojin 3 - MordyS, Phelan, delathi
Archaist 1 - Korlash
Delathi 1 - Cojin

Not Voting:
Platypus_Dude, Archaist

With 7 people alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

===
Deadline in about 5 hours. Even if I don't lock the thread then, votes past 00:01 GMT won't count.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 8:16 am

Post by MordyS »

So, Platypus, Archaist, are you going to do anything before the deadline?

MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:40 am

Post by MordyS »

2 and a half hours to a No Lynch.

MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 9:40 am

Post by MordyS »

EBWOP (Sorry, 3 and a half hours. I'm on EST, so I got slightly confused.)

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 10:55 am

Post by Korlash »

I was kinda expecting to lynch him today I just figured we had more time...

I'll
Unvote:
, and
Vote: Cojin

In preperations for tomorrow I'd suggest we take another look at Plat just for his "I want to reread before I vote" and then imediate "Oh, doesn't look like I have time!" When he noticed he wouldn't be able to reread he should have voted. The "Oh I want to reread" is a common ploy used bypeople who want to stall in an attempt to run out the clock. What I draw from this is that he doesn't want to be on the wagon but he wants us to think he did. So either he's useless town or conflicted scum either one makes him a prime suspect tomorrow.

The cop, if we have one, better use his investigation smart, not well. Don't target the high risk people, target people you think will survive the night. We want quantity of investigations not quality.

Aside from that take tomorrow slow. It is possible LYLO so that would mean the scum have the highest pull in things so they will probably take a predicatble gambit for the victory.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 11:01 am

Post by Platypus_Dude »

I was just about to post a case on Cojin, but Korlash posted first. >_>

Basically, Mikey acted like newbie scum with his finding people suspicious but not saying why, and his actions resemble a newbie scum in NG 700. Him not giving any defense to his L-1 vote is suspicious. I'd need to reread to remember anything else.

MordyS: My schedule is a bit hectic right now, but I am trying to get back up to speed. I strive for at least 1 post a day.

delathi: Would you mind posting your case against Cojin?
Platypus_Dude
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Platypus_Dude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 11:01 am

Post by Platypus_Dude »

EBWOP:

Korlash: You haven't posted a case either. Please do so.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 11:25 am

Post by Korlash »

No. unlike you I'm not afraid of having to back up my vote, or in your case your admittance to wanting to vote. I voted for the sole reason of stopping a no lynch with the added effect that in 700 I as faced with a similar wituation in which I did not vote and ended up being wrong about the scum.

Mikey did not act like a newbie scum, he acted like a newbie in general. He admitted he didn't come to this site on his own so he obviously didn't care about this game. His actions reflected that, you cannot call him scum or town with any certenty at all other then you feel that way. Cojin matched the scum in newbie 700, Mikey did not. It's little things like this that screw things up in the long run.

I do like how you posted one little thing on Mikey and called it a case on Cojin. Nicely done. Do you have anything to say on him or do you only cre about Mikey?

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Cojin
Cojin
Goon
Cojin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 11:29 am

Post by Cojin »

Well goodbye that puts me at lynch. You townie murderers! :p good luck on the rest of the game, I was put into a really rough starting position and did not handle it well, quite difficult for my first game but I'm sure my next one will be better.

My suspicions are a mordy platy pair or a platy korg.
Goodbye guys
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 11:32 am

Post by Korlash »

EBWOP: Phrasing is a little odd. I'm not afraid of suspicion from my vote so much that I fee compelled to make a case. Based on your actions I didn't expect you to chime in with a hammer, seeing how soon after I posted you chimed in either the timing was very very coincidental or you were watching the thread. Meaning either you were reading or you were scum waiting for someone else to hammer so you could go "oh shoot! Too late!"

Seeing as how little you posted, I'm leaning the latter. Archaist is a lost cause in that department as well. So I had to step up.

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 11:33 am

Post by Korlash »

Cojin wrote:My suspicions are a mordy platy pair or a platy korg.
If you truley are town saying why would be nice. Also I assume by korg you mean me right?

Cojin
Cojin
Goon
Cojin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by Cojin »

Yes i man you korlash. I say you are a possibility due to the fact you have now participated in 2 townie lynchs, and hammerd one of them.

Your lack of defence to a hammer is also very unsettleing. Considering there is no unvoting after the number to lynch has been reached, it is really usless of me to lie about my roll. That being said, i am town. I really dont get why i have to prove that any faurther as it is now pointless.
Cojin
Cojin
Goon
Cojin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by Cojin »

mean*
Communism mafia will return next marathon

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”