Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 6:11 am

Post by Xtoxm »

No. There's a chance it can help scum, but not confirm them. Unless town percieves something in a poor way, which isn't scum being confirmed, merely town playing badly.

Letting the items go to waste is silly. These items will have been factored into the balancing of this game, and ultimately, we can be pretty certain that if we didn't have these items, town are at a disadvantage. This is game is designed for items to be used.

Like I said, I suspect this item will be detrimental to the player regardless of their alignment. The mod said we are meant to think in this game. I don't know anything much about Chzo, but alcohol is a reasonable guess. Alcohol could, like I said, lose someone their vote today, or maybe count as roleblock tonight. I seriously doubt it would kill someone. I can't think of how drinking a liquid like that would be much of a good thing for anyone who drank it. Unless Chzo is one of those games with revival potions and the like. But whatever it is, we won't find out unless we use it. It's day one. I don't see what you could possibly be worried about.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 6:13 am

Post by Stephoscope »

I am 100% in favor of someone drinking the drink.

I am against the idea of random.org, since we'll just read into however a given person's "randomization" goes. Let's just pick someone. I pick Lamont.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 6:13 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Shadow Knight wrote:I personally think we should take volunteers and if more than one person is willing to drink it, then random.org it. The scum probably don't know any more than the town what each item is or what its effects will be, so I think willingness to drink will be a null tell. I also don't think we'll be able to guess what any item does before we use it. Whether or not the item confers some power, I don't think that will be a guarantee of townieness or scumminess. After all, a scum can develop cop-sight and a townie can develop the ability to kill.
On the contrary, I suspect we are meant to speculate, and it will have an effect. I don't think speculation will be any kind of sucessful in some cases, by design, but i'm sure the mod wants us to draw some conclusions about these things.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 6:19 am

Post by Lamont_Cranston »

If I was scum I'd be reluctant to drink as the village has the advantage of numbers. There is no guarantee it does not kill and I think your statement that "it has to be a balancer" is a overly broad assumption.

I think the town maintains the advantage by not using it.
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 6:24 am

Post by Xtoxm »

If the items had a nuetral effect on balance there is no point in including them.

In designing this setup, KoC will have considered every items effect carefully. Sure, they'll some items that are useless. But essentially, these items are weapons in the towns controls, much like the town's lynch.

And for that comment, Lamont can be my pick too.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 6:54 am

Post by hohum »

Please take not of my sig. I will catch up on monday.
Sironigous
Sironigous
Goon
Sironigous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 8:46 am

Post by Sironigous »

I really don't care who drinks it.
I really have no idea what it can do. Speculation is bad anyway.

But, SOMEONE should drink it. Hah.
Trinka Trinka!
Naomi_Saotome
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 9:27 am

Post by Naomi_Saotome »

Stephoscope wrote:I am 100% in favor of someone drinking the drink.

I am against the idea of random.org, since we'll just read into however a given person's "randomization" goes. Let's just pick someone. I pick Lamont.
Why do you think Lamont should drink it?
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 9:29 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Naomi_Saotome wrote:

Because, given his playstyle, I think it will be helpful to know whether he's town or scum, and the drink may facilitate that, or perhaps facilitate other scumhunting opportunities.
Nyx
Nyx
Goon
Nyx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 9:48 am

Post by Nyx »

Random is the only way to do it. If we decide on drinking it EVERYONE should be put in the random.
If we don't put everyone on random there's a chance people may avoid it with reasons we don't know yet. Or like Lament said in post 278.
I don't think discussion should be about who drinks it but more about if we should actually drink it or not.
[i]"I know nothing, I didn't see anything, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep. "[/i]
Naomi_Saotome
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 9:51 am

Post by Naomi_Saotome »

this is pure speculation...
but what if it gave him an advantage? Say he drinks it, and then he can see everyone's roles...
Seeing as we don't know if he's scum or townie... how does that help?

I think its Hohum's decision whether to use it or not.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 9:54 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Vote Naomi

285 looks very much like newb-scum to me.
Naomi_Saotome
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Naomi_Saotome
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 10:04 am

Post by Naomi_Saotome »

I say let him make the decision because then he alone is responsible for the outcome. If we sit around bickering about whether or not to use it, we're all still just pointing a finger at each other.

But then again, pointing the finger might help us all... so if we all agree to use it, I think Xtoxm should drink it, seeing as he volunteered.
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 10:15 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Nyx wrote:Random is the only way to do it. If we decide on drinking it EVERYONE should be put in the random.
If we don't put everyone on random there's a chance people may avoid it with reasons we don't know yet. Or like Lament said in post 278.
I don't think discussion should be about who drinks it but more about if we should actually drink it or not.
Random is not going to work. Someone can fake that they "randomized" it, and even if they don't, they'll be suspected of it. I mean, let me know if I'm missing something, but we might as well all agree on doing something instead of agreeing to a process that's easily corrupted.
Nyx
Nyx
Goon
Nyx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Nyx »

Stephoscope wrote:
Nyx wrote:Random is the only way to do it. If we decide on drinking it EVERYONE should be put in the random.
Random is not going to work. Someone can fake that they "randomized" it, and even if they don't, they'll be suspected of it. I mean, let me know if I'm missing something, but we might as well all agree on doing something instead of agreeing to a process that's easily corrupted.
Dice roll is safe and can't be corrupted. See my post 261 and 262 where I rolled a dice of 19 and number 2 AKA Pyro came as result.
Nyx
Nyx
Goon
Nyx
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Nyx »

Nyx wrote:
Nyx wrote:I think we should just dice roll this. Because if we pick someone you'll get too much WIFOM.
If we decide to do this ofcourse.

Original Roll String: 1d19 (STATIC)
1 19-Sided Dice: (2) = 2

[/dice]
Knight of Cydonia wrote:

2. Pyromaniac - Thief
So that would be Pyro
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Sajin »

The dice code on this forum is sufficiently random for me. Why is it not for you steph? Your also the one who wanted it to go to lamont because he wanted it....why? How would it help us determine his playstyle on him in particular over someone else?

vote Stephoscope

fos Lamont
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 11:17 am

Post by Stephoscope »

I thought we were talking about using random.org. My bad, I was unfamiliar with the dice roll thing on here, and didn't know what was happening when Nyx used it earlier.

I didn't want the drink to go to Lamont because he wanted it. I wanted it to go to him because he seems to have an aggressive, frequent posting style, and I thought it would be helpful to find out early whether or not he's town. I figured the drink would possibly facilitate that. I'm not going to speculate any more on exactly what it might do, none of us have any idea.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 11:46 am

Stephoscope wrote:
Naomi_Saotome wrote:

Because, given his playstyle, I think it will be helpful to know whether he's town or scum, and the drink may facilitate that, or perhaps facilitate other scumhunting opportunities.
Posts like this and any others advocating forcing it on anyone are very anti-town imo.

Posts volunteering to drink are potentially anti-town.

The town doesn't need to drink a potentially deadly liquid of unknown properties to gain an advantage and it is foolish to do so.
[i]Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?[/i] [url=http://www.braingle.com/community/wiki.php?user=Lamont_Cranston&page=ms_wiki]Wiki[/url]
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11458]Chzo Mafia 1 Replace BLOOD&GORE[/url]
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 11:50 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Conversely, I think not wanting anyone to drink the drink is anti-town. It's usually a townie who gets lynched on day one. Throwing a wrench into things and making the game more interesting should lead to more things to analyze, more discussion, and more chances to find scum...and I think all of that is very much pro-town.
I am looking forward to modding THE ROOM mafia. If you're a fan and want to play, let me know!
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 11:52 am

Xtoxm wrote:
Vote Naomi

285 looks very much like newb-scum to me.
285 looks like pro-town to me.

Fos Xtoxm
Devestation
Devestation
Goon
Devestation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 11:56 am

Post by Devestation »

No computer random number generator is truly random... but I don't want to go there :P
I wrttoe htis sginautre wiht my elbwo.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 11:56 am

Nyx wrote:
Stephoscope wrote:
Dice roll is safe and can't be corrupted. See my post 261 and 262 where I rolled a dice of 19 and number 2 AKA Pyro came as result.
That random roll is TOTALLY corrubtible because Hohum gets to choose whether or not he wants to use it. Because you rolled it BEFORE he made the choice.

Now, if he comes out and says: "I'm rolling and whoever it comes up as from the list is getting it no matter what" -- that IS random but I'm against it. I think its anti-town to force it on ANYONE and dangerous to the town to volunteer to drink it.

Its just not necessary.
Lamont_Cranston
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Lamont_Cranston
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 11:58 am

Sajin wrote:The dice code on this forum is sufficiently random for me. Why is it not for you steph? Your also the one who wanted it to go to lamont because he wanted it....why? How would it help us determine his playstyle on him in particular over someone else?

vote Stephoscope

fos Lamont
I like your logic here Sajin, but I would more broadly apply it to ANYONE that advocates forcing of the liquid; "insert recipient name HERE".

FoS Steph
Stephoscope
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Stephoscope
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2009 11:59 am

Post by Stephoscope »

Lamont_Cranston wrote:That random roll is TOTALLY corrubtible because Hohum gets to choose whether or not he wants to use it. Because you rolled it BEFORE he made the choice.
I think he just did that as an example. I'm sure there were others in addition to myself who were unaware of that function on here.
Lamont_Cranston wrote:Now, if he comes out and says: "I'm rolling and whoever it comes up as from the list is getting it no matter what" -- that IS random but I'm against it. I think its anti-town to force it on ANYONE and dangerous to the town to volunteer to drink it.

Its just not necessary.
I am fine with doing it that way. I am also fine with it being put to a vote as to whether we want to do it that way. I'd rather that Hohum not make the decision on his own, but if he wants to do that there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”