Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by Archon »

Beyond_Birthday wrote:Or posting something game relevant Archon. God forbid you do something like that...
The mere though of it makes me shiver!
Pablo Molinero wrote:
If Pablo or Setael dies, yes we know their alignment, but we generally gain nothing in terms of those who actually have suspicion.

We're at a critical point in this game, and a no lynch is, at least from my perspective, the wrong play.
Bingo.

unvote, vote: Arch

For his recent play, first read on Looker being "just wanting to play the game", and then his hard flip in behavior against looker makes me think more and more it was an act. Looker's Vote/FoS at the end of the last day was that of a desperate dead man and I would not put it past him to make a last ditch effort to clear his buddies. Vi's death also continues this line of thinking. Also, the "read me! read me!" Arch gave when I said I'd reread looker makes me think he's FAR eager too get cleared, as if he knows he distanced himself from looker and is proud of the fact.

Let's get something going people, let's not let this game die after we've come 4 months to get to this point.
Did the logic I used in those posts apply to me, and look like I was trying to clear myself? Yes. But come now; Even Zwet would know that making this like that and not posting that it was not meant to apply to yourself is extremely scummy behavior. I think I did state a couple of times that you can judge me yourself, but at least look at the logic I was using to try to clear Zach. Scummy? Yes. Very. But, in the light of Vi's death, and her being townie, and then I being townie, i can only assume that Zach himself is townie. Personnaly, I think I may actually take time to look at him again, and then determine weather or not he really is townie.

So, yes, I have done extremely scummy things in the recent play. But really; Only a newb or a complete idiot would do something like that, and I can relatively assure myself that I am not an idiot, and I know I'm no newb.
Now modding Vengeful Mafia
pronounced ark-on
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

So, yes, I have done extremely scummy things in the recent play. But really; Only a newb or a complete idiot would do something like that, and I can relatively assure myself that I am not an idiot, and I know I'm no newb.
Your scummy things are something that only an idiot or newb would do... and you say you're neither. So... you're scum?
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 12:09 am

Post by Setael »

Admittedly, a lot of my feeling that pablo is town comes from the feeling that SOMEONE has to be town, and everyone player has given me reason to think they're scum today except him. I still think my case was good - his play before I replaced in was really scummy. However, based on the amount of helpful, town-vibe content he's provided today, he's moved way down my scumlist.

Archon, I would like an explanation of your hasd vote. You jumped off and voted no lynch after a confusing post where you seemed to say you didn't know why you voted him. Did you really have NO reason? Just trying to see what would stick?

Beyond and pablo: I don't understand your reasoning to be against a no lynch. Whose alignment in this game are you confident enough in to risk the game without narrowing down our choices, and how are you so confident about it? Your votes are all over the place, which makes me more confident that a no lynch is the best play. I think everyone has been voted at least once today, except maybe pablo.

I thought about voting Zach or maybe arch or beyond or even hasd. So I'm sticking with no lynch.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

Setael wrote:I thought about voting Zach or maybe arch or beyond or even hasd. So I'm sticking with no lynch.
Setael, do you really think any of them would die tonight if we voted no lynch? That just means mafia, unless your mafia (and/or Pablo?) pick off one of you two, and now the choice is harder left entirely up to bickering, overaggressive hands. (I think Zach and I are almost equally aggressive, has is very passive, but something to bicker over, much like Archon who is more annoying than aggressive.)

So, that just leaves -1 person to safety net us from oblivion.
If, by the way, Pablo is scum, and you die, then while this is no long your problem anymore, that means Pablo, who has enough influence over the town, could definitely get a mislynch by attacking any of us, and it is almost guaranteed his scum partner and just one other townie would join. This is, mathematically, a terrible idea.

(The above also applies if Pablo is killed, names chosen in the above manner to make a point to Setael.)

Right now, we're perfect because given every scenario, I don't think scum have a particular advantage. Let's assume scum versus town ratio were "2 people" are Pablo and Setael and "4 people" is everyone else.
Hypothetically, if:
2 people Scum
4 people ???

This is the only worrisome scenario. If this is the case, a no lynch would be best since after:

2 people scum
3 people ???

There is a slightly higher chance the town will think something is up and attack these two people.

If:
2 people 1 scum
4 people ????
Then, that means we have at least 1 town aligned infuential "townie" person. No lynch is a sub-optimal play?

If:
2 people Town
4 people 2 scum

Then obviously no lynching is a terrible play.

Gotta go though, so post more later.
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 4:21 pm

Post by Archon »

Setael wrote:Admittedly, a lot of my feeling that pablo is town comes from the feeling that SOMEONE has to be town, and everyone player has given me reason to think they're scum today except him. I still think my case was good - his play before I replaced in was really scummy. However, based on the amount of helpful, town-vibe content he's provided today, he's moved way down my scumlist.

Archon, I would like an explanation of your hasd vote. You jumped off and voted no lynch after a confusing post where you seemed to say you didn't know why you voted him. Did you really have NO reason? Just trying to see what would stick?

Beyond and pablo: I don't understand your reasoning to be against a no lynch. Whose alignment in this game are you confident enough in to risk the game without narrowing down our choices, and how are you so confident about it? Your votes are all over the place, which makes me more confident that a no lynch is the best play. I think everyone has been voted at least once today, except maybe pablo.

I thought about voting Zach or maybe arch or beyond or even hasd. So I'm sticking with no lynch.
No, I had a reason. I just don't remember it.
pronounced ark-on
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 12:04 am

Post by Setael »

@archon: that's the same as not having a reason imo. It was either contrived because you're scum or was weak enough to forget after a day because you're not bothering to post any relevant content.

re: the no lynch, my main reason for supporting it is uncertainty. The last few days I've been leaning toward archon. I originally was thinking him an zach but I could see him with beyond or hasdf actually. I agree with pablo that his "read me!" post was likely an attempt to draw attention to distancing from looker. Looking back, (now that we know looker was scum) when archon put looker at -1 there was no real risk it would get him lynched. All it really did was distract from the looker wagon for awhile.

[b]unvote, vote: Archon[/b]
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 12:23 am

Post by Setael »

Not sure why my tag didn't work.

unvote, vote: archon
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 2:33 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Does anyone know what the vote count is?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 2:38 am

Post by Zachrulez »

here's an
official
tally

Archon - 2 (Setael, Pablo)
No lynch - 2 (Zach, Archon)
Zach - 1 (Has)

With Beyond not voting.

That's what I got, does that sound right?

YOU ARE CORRECT YOUNG ONE. IT WILL STILL TAKE FOUR TO LYNCH, AND A DEADLINE IS STILL NOT NEEDED. YOU ARE ALL KEEPING THE GAME GOING NICELY.

GRIMMY
BEATEN BY RL LIKE I OWE IT MONEY
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

First off:
Grimmy: funny.

Second: since my opinion hasn't been refuted, I must ask:

Zach, how do you defend your vote to nolynch still?

Also, I personally prefer a Zach lynch, so I'm not going to be voting Archon. I suppose I see your point, but I feel Archon is more unhelpful than scummy...

(And attacking Archon is like attacking pudding, so whatever.)
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 5:57 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Yeah, but you were wrong about idiot-looker. Just sayin'.
I'm not going to be voting Archon.
There's likely 2 scum left, ya know.

To the town: BB/Arch?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 3:39 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Beyond_Birthday wrote:First off:

Also, I personally prefer a Zach lynch, so I'm not going to be voting Archon. I suppose I see your point, but I feel Archon is more unhelpful than scummy...

Unvote: Vote: Beyond Birthday
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 3:48 am

Post by Zachrulez »

My re-read, along with Seteal's 1002 where she is confused about Beyond and Pablo's opposition to no lynch... and Beyond's 1009, and Pablo's 1010, give me a bad feeling about supporting an Archon lynch.

At this point I see Beyond Birthday as almost certainly scum. I'm less sure about Archon. I also see the possibility that Pablo is paired with Beyond Birthday, one that I think has been pointed out before but has died off quietly toward the end of day 3, and for pretty much all of today.

I just have a bad feeling that this might be an attempt to talk us into making a sub optimal lynch. I think Beyond_Birthday is a far safer bet.

I keep reading him and I keep asking myself, how the hell can he possibly be town? There's just no way.
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 3:57 am

Post by Archon »

Beyond_Birthday wrote:First off:

That's one funny simile. Funny.
pronounced ark-on
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 4:49 am

Post by Grimmy »

Archon wrote:
Beyond_Birthday wrote:than scummy...

That's one funny simile. Funny.
to make it even funnier...

http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/ind ... monster%29

Grimmy
couldnt resist.
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 6:46 am

Post by Archon »

If something doesn't happen in this game thread soon, I'm going to do something radical.
pronounced ark-on
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 7:01 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

My big two pairs are BB-Arch and Zach-Arch. Either way, Arch is the pivot point that's looking pretty awful right about now.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 7:13 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Pablo Molinero wrote:My big two pairs are BB-Arch and Zach-Arch. Either way, Arch is the pivot point that's looking pretty awful right about now.
You sounded pretty sure of Beyond Birthday not even a page ago, what's changed?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 7:27 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Also, we've been at this gradually plodding along for a while.

We can't seem to get enough support for no lynch. We seem to be having trouble getting agreement on who to lynch... and we're probably at lylo, or at least a mis-lynch or lose situation.

Would now be a good time to consider a massclaim?
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 8:12 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

BB has shown the most logical resistance to the no lynch, where mafia-BB could have used it to NK me without a second thought. Arch, meanwhile, has meandered all over the place on the issue and ended up supporting it EVEN THOUGH it was pointed out that we'll likely lose a protown player. Arch's trying to hard to look town ("read me!"/looking at looker's final vote and FoS's, which we really can't take seriously) instead of finding the final 2 scum, meaning he has no leads because A) He isn't trying too hard. B) He is scum.

I want to hear from has, who has been legitimately away from the entire site since Weds. He gets back Fri-Sat, but I'd like to get something figured out sooner than later.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 8:13 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

As for mass claim at this stage in the game, would that help us at all?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 8:21 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Pablo Molinero wrote:As for mass claim at this stage in the game, would that help us at all?
It might. I can't see how it could hurt. We're probably at lylo, most of us seem pretty uncertain. (Despite how sure you sound, your voting patterns tell a different story.) It might help make the picture a bit clearer.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 8:43 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Pablo Molinero wrote:BB has shown the most logical resistance to the no lynch, where mafia-BB could have used it to NK me without a second thought. Arch, meanwhile, has meandered all over the place on the issue and ended up supporting it EVEN THOUGH it was pointed out that we'll likely lose a protown player. Arch's trying to hard to look town ("read me!"/looking at looker's final vote and FoS's, which we really can't take seriously) instead of finding the final 2 scum, meaning he has no leads because A) He isn't trying too hard. B) He is scum.

I want to hear from has, who has been legitimately away from the entire site since Weds. He gets back Fri-Sat, but I'd like to get something figured out sooner than later.
I just isoed Archon and he looks even worse than your case against him does Pablo. He actively defended looker, and he gloated about only having one vote against him in his 11th post of the game in iso in response to me.

Yeah...

Unvote: Vote: Archon

I hope I'm being paranoid about Beyond Birthday quick hammering him.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 8:49 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Also to add to the above, I think that little stunt he pulled where he tried to "clear" me was a ploy to make me look like his scum buddy and get me lynched.
Archon
Archon
Goon
Archon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by Archon »

Zachrulez wrote:
Pablo Molinero wrote:BB has shown the most logical resistance to the no lynch, where mafia-BB could have used it to NK me without a second thought. Arch, meanwhile, has meandered all over the place on the issue and ended up supporting it EVEN THOUGH it was pointed out that we'll likely lose a protown player. Arch's trying to hard to look town ("read me!"/looking at looker's final vote and FoS's, which we really can't take seriously) instead of finding the final 2 scum, meaning he has no leads because A) He isn't trying too hard. B) He is scum.

I just isoed Archon and he looks even worse than your case against him does Pablo. He actively defended looker, and he gloated about only having one vote against him in his 11th post of the game in iso in response to me.

Yeah...

Unvote: Vote: Archon

I hope I'm being paranoid about Beyond Birthday quick hammering him.
Anyone seeing the sudden attack on me in the last two or so pages suspicious?
Zachrulez wrote:Also, we've been at this gradually plodding along for a while.

We can't seem to get enough support for no lynch. We seem to be having trouble getting agreement on who to lynch... and we're probably at lylo, or at least a mis-lynch or lose situation.

Would now be a good time to consider a massclaim?
NO LYNCH!!!!

And now that I got that out, yes, I'm for mass claiming.
Zachrulez wrote:Also to add to the above, I think that little stunt he pulled where he tried to "clear" me was a ploy to make me look like his scum buddy and get me lynched.
Now why would I do that? Why, in all reasons, would I go through such a crazy try to clear your name? really. even I, in all of my stupidity, and etc. would not go through something like that merely to try to get you all summed up.
pronounced ark-on

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”