whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:52 am

Post by whoami8 »

Discussing semantics without scumhunting is scummy.

vote: Apples and Bananas

I really don't care if people want to sign names or not. I don't think it matters. If the hydra partner disagrees, they'll just say so.
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:47 am

Post by whoami8 »

Trotsky wrote:
PoketheAlpaca wrote:It should be obvious which I be in my hydra when since Tajo's play style is different from mine and I make lawls. Though should we make it a policy to identify who is who when? Feels a little against the spirit of things so i can't decide.
it is optimal that the two heads of a hydra can't be told apart, so that any opinions can't be tied to one player or the other. differences in opinion within the hydras can potentially be exploited by scum.
It seems if the two heads can be told apart then they're
less
likely to be exploited.
Raging Wishbone wrote:I think this game should be over by page 31 (3 scumkills),
This seems to imply knowledge of the SK vs. Vig option.
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by whoami8 »

PoketheAlpaca wrote:Sorry Im not posting much here. Changing acounts is more detestable than I thought.

Ill give you my thoughts tonight.

Tajo..
As has been pointed out don't do this we need to conserve posts in this game to limit scum kills. KThx. Also note the lurker pressure leads to fluff post...

I'm really not enjoying this game much because I prefer to post in short blurbs repeatedly, so I must say Adel this mechanism sucks.
Pointing out possible Vigs helps the scum. Do you actually think RW is an SK?
I'm more just wondering where RWishbone cooked up those numbers. And we all know a vig is in the game, the knowledge he displayed would actually suggest he knows there isn't a vig in the game.
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:40 am

Post by whoami8 »

Why has apples and bananas wagon died? Because they decided to try to look like they're playing the game? All they did was agree with Yosariwen's point and hide behind them. Agreeing is fine. Wagoning is fine. No original thinking = scum.
Apples and Banana wrote:Wait...are we being voted for the comment about wanting to tell the heads apart? If xofelf makes a post, and before we talk about it, I come online and there's a bunch of questions surrounding her post, I'm going to let her answer them. But if I have something else to comment on, I will. Hence wanting the poster to be differentiable, in my opinion.

Having said that, I agree with Yosariwen's point about PokertheAlpaca.

Vote: Poker
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:21 pm

Post by whoami8 »

Apples and Banana wrote:
sex w/ shafteds wife club wrote:Why has apples and bananas wagon died? Because they decided to try to look like they're playing the game? All they did was agree with Yosariwen's point and hide behind them. Agreeing is fine. Wagoning is fine. No original thinking = scum.
You expect all 12 hydras in the game to all have completely original thoughts on different players by page
TWO
? Its a game where conserving posts is essential, and you're trying to say I'm Scum for not having said much by page TWO?
I never said every player has to have original thoughts on every other player. But you have had none on anyone so far. INCLUDING THAT LAST POST!

If you object to the page number being 2 or 3 or whatever, let me know what page you're going to start having original thoughts.

If you really care about conserving posts, please use yours to scum hunt.
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #5) » Sat May 02, 2009 6:48 am

Post by whoami8 »

I'm a bit baffled by A&B's lack of defense or contribution at L-1.

J-Scope what do you think you learned from your fake hammer?

DGB do you think that A&B isn't posting because they are trying to come up with a fakeclaim? So they've been preparing this fakeclaim all game apparently.
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #6) » Sat May 02, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by whoami8 »

seems likely A&B is scum. If they're town, scum could spend their kill and get a twofer.
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #7) » Mon May 04, 2009 5:15 am

Post by whoami8 »

A&B refuses to claim. We can lynch him now.
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #8) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:53 am

Post by whoami8 »

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Raging Wishbone wrote:
Unvote, vote Zaphod
. Something still feels off to me about DGB's play here, and it's more than being generally bummed. -RR
It's because of idiotic unsupported votes like yours that I'm "generally bummed" and on my merry way to retiring.

I would be willing to by A&B claim but the reluctance to claim is highly indicative of an anti-town role.

unvote, vote: A&B
Posts like these demonstrate the power of the Goofball.

I'm not really comfortable with a probable SK sitting around.

In this set up the town doesn't need to play "control the SK" because our lynches function independent of the action phase cycle, thus they have nothing to offer.

There is no need to leave probable scum around as pets in this set up.
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #9) » Mon May 04, 2009 10:36 am

Post by whoami8 »

Apples and Banana wrote:Whether I am Vig or SK, I still provide an extra kill to the Town every cycle.
Did you read the post above your's?

Town has near unlimited kills per cycle. We don't need to control a possible SK.

Can someone please hammer already? we're wasting posts here.

"Trotsky" what's your case on Zaphod?
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #10) » Wed May 06, 2009 9:30 am

Post by whoami8 »

Frog Dodging wrote:
Incamnito wrote:
J-Scope wrote: Incamnito, is there a good reason for us to know who he targeted?
Well, we were thinking data-dump from the target before they died.
For instance, if A&B targeted a Cop or a Tracker, then maybe they would want to give us results before they died.

HOWEVER, considering the length of time since he suposedly entered his kill, it seems less likely that it was successful, and obviously we suport the lynch at this time.

-Incog.
It is a bad idea to go forth with a lynch until we get a target from him; there is nothing to lose from waiting in such a game. In other news, it is also sensical to lynch A&B regardless now since a compulsive vig has as high a chance of being a danger to the town as he does being a help.

Actually, at this time we would like to ask A&B to vig themselves in the next action phase. Failure to do so shall result in their lynch. Agreed, everyone?
No. We don't have to worry about wasting lynches as in a traditional game. So in letting a probable SK live we are increasing the odds they might extend one last F you on their way out by killing someone that is not themselves before they go down. I agree we need a target claim and a data dump from said player. But I see zero benefit in waiting for A&B to kill themselves (can they do that as SK?)
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #11) » Tue May 12, 2009 6:30 am

Post by whoami8 »

OK first of all, sorry guys for not posting much. I'm really having trouble with this game mechanic. I like posting quick replies to peoplw when things catch my eye, but in trying to conserve posts I end up putting the posts off until it takes me much longer to get a post up. I've also been pretty busy in RL, which has made getting a substantial post up more difficult.

Earlier in the game I was under the impression that scum might take advantage of the game mechanic as an excuse to lurk, but now that I've been not posting for a significant duration (and it seems many others are having this same problem) I'm not sure this is a valid tell or not.

The Trotsky/ A&B interactions are a bit off as Kinglullaby pointed out. I'm not sure I'm buying Trotsky's defense that he thought A&B was mafia protecting a scumbuddy. Why would mafia claim vig/SK outing themselves to a killing role?

Don't understand why Kirayuu requires input from his hydra before posting. I realize you want to conserve posts but you seem to be able to post in other mafia games all by your lonesome. Even weirder that he's feinding worry about placing a vote during a phase where votes cannot be placed and no other players have votes on them even if they could. Possibly faked concern here.

Frog Dodging's reaction to imminent death is pro-town.

PtA attacking Ortohoops for lack of content was amusing. Pot meet kettle.

PtA's further point about scum wanting to keep a vig alive is wrong IMHO. If the "vig" is killing by majority rule the scum have less influence over their actions. Mafia's biggest threat is a few lucky pot shots by an alternate killing role really. I can link to multiple recent games to support this if you want me to (but Amnesia Mafia and Silent Mafia, off the top of my head).

PtA is self contradicting with his long post saying they think Zaphod is scum, rather strongly, but landing a vote elsewhere. Also interesting that PtA's attacking Ortohoops for being hypocritical is itself hypocritical. Would you mind self voting?

Agree with J-Scopes post that a lot of PtA's proposed scum tells against Zaph are null.

Not really liking Orto's defense that "my hydra partner did it!" in regards to the three fluff posts PtA pointed out. You and your hydra are the same player in this game. That's a BS defense. I do agree however that some of those "fluff posts" were direct replies to questions asked by other players.

Incanm's scum list post feels townish to me. Agree with most of it. Not sure why they're singling out Zmd as a lurker though worthy of a FoS. It seems they could have picked from a rather long list of lurkers (which they pointed out).

Not getting much of a read off of Plum's post.

Agree with J-Scopes extension of the PtA case that his primary objective with his last post was a simple "fling out some suspicion."

Not liking Tajo's apologetic tone towards his hydra partner. A lot of talk about putting PF in a shitty position and using this to explain the PtA cases against Zaph and Ortohoops. Attributes his scumminess to lack of motivation. Interesting that he says "now into scum hunting mode" and goes on to primarily post defensively in reply to Ortohoops' case. So his case against Ortohoops now consists of "I'm an easy target." So why aren't you pointing that out for J-Scope and Incamn, they're also voting for you. I also don't like that Tajo didn't respond to any other players currently posting. Final defense in that post is that scum wouldn't "post shit" yet this was PF's primary attack against Ortohoops. The dissonance is painful.

At this point I'm not liking Trotsky or PtA. I'd like more pressure on the former, but have a clearer read on the latter. So let's do both, we've got all they lynches we want.

vote: PoketheAlpace

And more posting from everyone please. I know I'm not one to talk, but right now J-Scope, Orto, and Incamn seem to be the only people contributing a whole lot.
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #12) » Thu May 14, 2009 7:27 am

Post by whoami8 »

Mod can we get a Yosariwen prod please.

Also wondering where Ojando is. Seemed like a rather eager replacement to take so long to post.

Zmd why do you list three people as confident scum but not vote for any of them? Also as J-Scope pointed out, what has Death of Hogfather done to specifically warrant scum inclusion?

Frog Dodging why did you ask for more activity from the rest of the town and then not post agin? Actually
mod can we get a Frog Dodging prod too

As I said before I'm getting scummy read off of PtA. I don't know tajo too well, but PokerFace-town is usually less tunneled and more proactive. He also tends to look at the bigger picture and not get hung up on a single point (OK that's very subtly different than less tunneled). I just feel that he's not actively scum hunting but is more trying to divert attention towards someone else.

I'm also up for some Trotsky pressure. Trotsky, could you please address my earlier question with your next post.
I'm not sure I'm buying Trotsky's defense that he thought A&B was mafia protecting a scumbuddy.
Why would mafia claim vig/SK outing themselves to a killing role?
To clarify that should read, you thought Zaph was mafia protecting A&B mafia so you requested A&B kill Zaph.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”