farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 5:19 am

Post by farside22 »

Yay and I stand by my I hate being vanilla in games.
Sorry FL I was wrong. Just some of the things you were attacking and saying seemed way off to me.
VP was the only one being nice to me. I should have known scum would kiss my butt. :P
The I pledge to listen to rolfcopter from here on in is offical. Too bad I'm not going to be playing mafia for awhile for you to collect on that. :lol:
Thanks EK. It was nice not to have to go back and reread a bunch of stuff to find a case. i went on instict and I was right about the votes on town lynches being 1 or 2 scums. Go me.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 5:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Haha, I would have been nice to you anyway farside. What you were say honestly was in accordance with what you were saying elsewhere on the site. I'm pretty surprised people were trying to lynch you for that.

That being said, I was planning on going for your lynch tomorrow if I would have gotten forbidden done today. :) Ah well, when you return we'll have to play another game together.

Regarding the amnesia factor: I thought it was pretty decent, but that is probably because I was scum. Most of the game the town was pretty off base with their accusations and gut reads, which rereading may or may not have corrected. I think I would like to see this style of game run again for further research purposes. I think if so much of the town wasn't semi-confirmed I would have had a much better chance of winning.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 5:33 am

Post by roflcopter »

woot a woot!
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 5:51 am

Post by roflcopter »

see that sly, just listen to me and all will be well

good work sotty, forb, dgb (rip) for that excellent roleblock and thanks farside for eventually coming around

seriously baltar i'm impressed you even made it almost possible to get out of that brutal process of elimination at the end. good game.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 7:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Oh, Elvis, what was the deal with the missing Sotty post? Did you just forget to carry it over to today?
YOUR AD HERE

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 7:13 am

Post by elvis_knits »

There was a missing sotty post? Sotty was blocked last night so there were none from yesterday... Or did I leave one out when I remeade the thread?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 7:30 am

Post by roflcopter »

inventor is a really interesting role, i must say. i'm glad my town read on forb was right, because i stuck with it the whole time, and only would have switched who i targeted to sotty after she became truly confirmed town by fl's watch result. like doc or watcher, inventor is a role that really rewards good town-reading skills rather than scum-reading skills.
soi soi soi

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 7:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I guess one was missing from N2. Sotty kept saying that only four of her posts were saved and was using that fact to implicate me as being scum who altered her posts.

Also, just out of curiosity, what were all of rofl's options?
YOUR AD HERE

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 7:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

did I sign up for this game? I can't remember.
Did shaft.ed already beat me to that joke?

heh heh. Nice concept Elvis. If you saved or hid the previous game days/threads now might be a good time to link and or unhide them for whoever wants to read this thing. Readers will have to restrain themselves to get the full effect, but still very awesome idea.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 7:44 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

i promised myself i was going to post this.
raj pm to e_k on Sunday April 19, 2009 09:22 PM wrote: i cant stand forb
she is refusing to name the person she is quoting, STILL. and shes such a horrible player. you would think that after my mis lynch people would step back and try to remember how we got into that situation.

i would have cleared everyone that wasnt on my lynch except the non voter. and stupid roff is not playing mafia he is just trying to clear people that agree with him. he isnt realizing that he was wrong yesterday and that continuing to align with those same people will make you lose the game.

and ive lost all respect for DG. thats why i didnt come out first post. use your info to help the town. she needed at least another day test her results. and now that she came out shes not entertaining any ideas that would make her wrong. thats like having a cop come out day one without knowing their sanity.

thats what makes a good mafia player. you have to understand that you might be wrong and there is other options out there that you havnt thought of. thats exactly why sometimes during middays i stop attacking someone and try to call a truce because i think both of us are townies not listening to the other side's argument. just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean that the other person is scum. and right there they assume that DG's info is absolute and they dont even question to see if there is other explanations.

btw i think i might re post this after the game is over. some of them are so full of themselves that they are hurting the town every game they play, and they need to realize it.
oh and this is exactly why the town loses majority of the games when i die so early.

last note, vp is playing a good game. even though hes mafia, i cant be mad at him.
so walle saved the town for killing mafia. but im confused by his play to not come out when i was psychiatrist. and then his continual killing of mafia made it even easier for him to lose.

final note, forb sucks.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 7:57 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I agree that Wall-E should explain why he didn't come out and get cured. It would have helped him and the town majorly (and the scum too!).

Raj, were you just guessing I was scum in that post or were you expressly told by elvis?
YOUR AD HERE

rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 8:20 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

that post was after i was killed. so i asked e_k what was the alignments.

but as i thought earlier, you were scum. and chief too. im suprised that you two werent the first to die after my mislynch. but thanks to the horrible play of DG and forb you couldnt tell who was scum on my lynch.
Show

raj's to do list:

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 11:39 am

Post by SlySly »

@ EK

I love this setup. I would like to see it become a regular game type that is available.

----------------------------
roflcopter wrote:see that sly, just listen to me and all will be well
Wall-E deserves more credit for this town win than you do. When you get through patting yourself on the back, keep in mind, there is a good chance that town would have lost if we had lynched Wall-E when you first wanted to. Next time you want someone to support your lynch candidate, present a case instead of just promising one and failing to ever deliver it. I was open to hearing an actual case on VP, you just weren't open to presenting one. Don't forget, you were 2 for 4 lynching townies and 1 for 4 in lynching scum in this game. Your play in this game was not pro-town.

If you don't want to play with me again, fine, just don't join if my name is in the list. I will not avoid games you are in, if it is a game I want to play. Same goes to Sotty.

---------------------------

raj is not off base about the elitism of some players around here not helping the town cause. Some players around here need to remember that this is a public forum and not everyone has the wiki memorized and questions about the game during the game aren't just something to piss on and criticize. Some people are actually asking a question to learn something.

In one of my noob games, I was chastised brutally, by an IC no less (TSQ), for monitoring his postings in other games and coming to the conclusion he was scum in that game due to avoiding the one we were playing in while posting frequently in others. I got a big chuckle that some of the 'in-crowd, veteran' players in this game leaned heavily on that crutch in this game trying to get Wall-E lynched.

Vets of MS remember this, not all scum tells are really scum tells when you are playing with people who don't know the rules like the backs of their hand.

---------------------

To the mod and players other than forb:

I apologize if I played a part in making this game less than enjoyable for you. That was not my intention.

---------------------

@ Forb:

Being snippy to an antagonizer is like pouring gas on an open flame. Don't dish it out if you can't handle the response. I could have said the same things to DGB and she would have responded much better cause she can dish it out and take it.

I feel we made some peace toward the end of the day.

However, if we ever end up in another game together, make no mistake, I will continue to respond to belittling. I am an antagonistic S.O.B. sometimes, and contrary to the belief of some, there is a place for it in this game. My play style has caught scum off guard before, resulting in their demise.

I was ready to lynch farside and was open to hearing a case on VP. Unfortunately, you chose to continue the snippiness and rofl chose to never present a case on VP. I was a townie that was scum hunting. It's too bad that you couldn't ever take my questions seriously and couldn't refrain from taking snippy shots at me with your responses. Had you done so, the unpleasant events of Day 3 wouldn't have transpired.

I truly have no hard feelings toward you, as I was just playing a game.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 3:03 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'm interested to know if y'all had more or less fun with the game mechanic of posts disappearing.
More fun. I hate rereading SOOOOOO MUCH

But, it was harder to case suspicious people.

AND WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME A VIG, ROFL!?

Elvis...the mechanics for not sending in kills are AMAZING.

Sorry FL I was wrong. Just some of the things you were attacking and saying seemed way off to me.
Honestly, you really did feel like you did in IA though. As for people being nice, don't trust them. I try not to :P
inventor is a really interesting role, i must say. i'm glad my town read on forb was right, because i stuck with it the whole time, and only would have switched who i targeted to sotty after she became truly confirmed town by fl's watch result. like doc or watcher, inventor is a role that really rewards good town-reading skills rather than scum-reading skills.
What made you read me as town?

final note, forb sucks.
DIAF, and remember we play to have fun. We aren't all geniuses. I'd think you'd be a bit less...jerkish given the rampant assholery this game on a couple sides including me

raj is not off base about the elitism of some players around here not helping the town cause. Some players around here need to remember that this is a public forum and not everyone has the wiki memorized and questions about the game during the game aren't just something to piss on and criticize. Some people are actually asking a question to learn something.
And yet raj is being elitist as hell in the post he just made. It's rather hypocritical if you ask me

Being snippy to an antagonizer is like pouring gas on an open flame. Don't dish it out if you can't handle the response. I could have said the same things to DGB and she would have responded much better cause she can dish it out and take it.

I feel we made some peace toward the end of the day.

However, if we ever end up in another game together, make no mistake, I will continue to respond to belittling. I am an antagonistic S.O.B. sometimes, and contrary to the belief of some, there is a place for it in this game. My play style has caught scum off guard before, resulting in their demise.
I can take it. You just had no right to go as far as your did. An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

You freaking took my spleen for me breaking one of your nails.

Seriously

I was ready to lynch farside and was open to hearing a case on VP. Unfortunately, you chose to continue the snippiness and rofl chose to never present a case on VP. I was a townie that was scum hunting. It's too bad that you couldn't ever take my questions seriously and couldn't refrain from taking snippy shots at me with your responses. Had you done so, the unpleasant events of Day 3 wouldn't have transpired.

I truly have no hard feelings toward you, as I was just playing a game.
I'm calling complete and utter bullshit on the last line. As for the rest, to be honest, it seemed like you weren't reading the thread. I was annoyed because you appeared to be acting like you were scumhunting without actually doing any, and it showed in the fact you really didn't seem to be reading my posts and making the obvious conclusions. However, my watch result made it appear you were likely town, so it's not like you could be scum doing this. As such, I got pissed at you for being a townie who relied on previous things that could have been luck or inside info who apparently wasn't reading the thread.

I will very much try to avoid playing with SlySly purely because I don't think he understands how large his role was in our little fight and is trying to pin disproportionate amounts of it on me.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

forbiddanlight wrote:DIAF, and remember we play to have fun. We aren't all geniuses. I'd think you'd be a bit less...jerkish given the rampant assholery this game on a couple sides including me
you call that fun?

everytime i tried to defend myself you deliberately mess with the posts. its hard enough time trying to defend myself, but trying to figure out what everyone is saying in your posts (the ones you changed and the ones you refuse to change... like this one) in un bearable.

and im pretty sure i wasnt the jerk in the game. and i was very cordial to almost everyone (i think i made one off comment to someone who i confused with someone else, but i tried to make amends once i saw i was in the wrong.). i didnt keep up with the last couple of days to argue about other people's jerkishness, but all i saw was you pouncing on me.

so if you want less assholeery and jerkish comments after the game, then look inward and make the game enjoyable for others by not starting it.
Show

raj's to do list:

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

you call that fun?

everytime i tried to defend myself you deliberately mess with the posts. its hard enough time trying to defend myself, but trying to figure out what everyone is saying in your posts (the ones you changed and the ones you refuse to change... like this one) in un bearable.
Well duh. It flustered you. Yes, I failed to practice what I preached later in the game. I thought you were scum, so I decided to piss you off until you gave me the evidence.

Sly ended up doing the same thing to me.

As for things I refuse to change, honestly, I've never had anyone complain about it before, and I really don't feel like wasting my time for someone I perceived as on a team opposite mine.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

baiting town isn't helpful. and its not helpful when you don't listen to players either. hopefully you will because everyone's policy day one lynch/night one kill. there is no needs for more bad players on this site. i can understand if you aren't the best at catching but if you actively tunnel on town and defend yourself later, it isn't acceptable.
Show

raj's to do list:

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 3:32 pm

Post by SlySly »

forbiddanlight wrote: I can take it.
You are lying to yourself. You proved twice in this game that you can't.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

baiting town isn't helpful. and its not helpful when you don't listen to players either. hopefully you will because everyone's policy day one lynch/night one kill. there is no needs for more bad players on this site. i can understand if you aren't the best at catching but if you actively tunnel on town and defend yourself later, it isn't acceptable.
Oh yes, I'm supposed to LET myself be lynched because I messed up.

And honestly, I highly doubt I'll ever be a policy kill. Wishful thinking aside. It's obvious I can't play a game with you either because you apparently seem to think I knew you were town before you flipped.

You are lying to yourself. You proved twice in this game that you can't.
Again, you took my spleen for me breaking one of your nails. That was just plain bullshit.
-StrangerCoug

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 3:54 pm

Post by SlySly »

forbiddanlight wrote: Again, you took my spleen for me breaking one of your nails. That was just plain bullshit.
I barely even get started. Your fuse is very short and your breaking point is very low.
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

no, as a responsible member of the town it is your duty to listen to players and try to figure out if they are scum.

if we fliped scum then i would say good job. but neither of us did. so there is somthing wrong with your system. and you refusing to admit it makes you a bad player. a player that is never right can be a better player if he can just admit that they are wrong and try to change it.
Show

raj's to do list:

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I barely even get started. Your fuse is very short and your breaking point is very low.
Sometimes.

Not as often as you'd think. You possibly caught me at a bad time.
no, as a responsible member of the town it is your duty to listen to players and try to figure out if they are scum.

if we fliped scum then i would say good job. but neither of us did. so there is somthing wrong with your system. and you refusing to admit it makes you a bad player. a player that is never right can be a better player if he can just admit that they are wrong and try to change it.
I WILL play the way I have the most fun with, and I do listen to other players. I honestly thought you were scum and acted on it. I further pushed you so I would get more evidence. That was my failing and I do admit that's wrong. But you appear to be not reading that. I also plan to not do that as much. Either way, you seem to be too busy deciding I'm a horrible player than actually reading my posts, so, until such time as you understand what I'm saying, I have absolutely no reason to talk to you.

And honestly, you got lynched D1 for good reasons. You really have little room to talk about bad play, if you want perfect bluntness.
-StrangerCoug

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 4:09 pm

Post by SlySly »

forbiddanlight wrote: Not as often as you'd think. You possibly caught me at a bad time.
Well, I have decided to mod a game soon that will be a direct result of playing in this one.

Thick Skinned Mafia (no language restrictions)

Maybe you can come and play in that game and test the strength of your shell. I will just be saddened that I don't get to be a player in that game with you. I may just make in Amnesia style (maybe a bunch of stoners that forget everything everyday due to excessive inebriation) to honor the greatness of this game.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, I have decided to mod a game soon that will be a direct result of playing in this one.

Thick Skinned Mafia (no language restrictions)

Maybe you can come and play in that game and test the strength of your shell. I will just be saddened that I don't get to be a player in that game with you. I may just make in Amnesia style (maybe a bunch of stoners that forget everything everyday due to excessive inebriation) to honor the greatness of this game.
No, I probably wouldn't play it, for three reasons
1) I work too much to take on too many games
2) This ends up just being a game of "Let me prove myself to you". I no longer really have a need to do that. I did when I got caught up in things but out of it I have nothing to prove
3) I honestly think you are trying to bait me with this one and I just won't take it. Though this is arguably and extension of 2.
-StrangerCoug

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Post by SlySly »

forbiddanlight wrote: No, I probably wouldn't play it, for three reasons
1) I work too much to take on too many games
2) This ends up just being a game of "Let me prove myself to you". I no longer really have a need to do that. I did when I got caught up in things but out of it I have nothing to prove
3) I honestly think you are trying to bait me with this one and I just won't take it. Though this is arguably and extension of 2.
2 & 3 are your problem. Your self felt sense of entitlement makes you believe you are the center of everyone's thinking.

---------------------

1. It sounds like a fun game to me, so I am going to mod it.
2. I really don't give a flying f#@k if you play or not.
3. We are no longer discussing this game, I'm done.

I know you will follow up with the last word. That's how you roll.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”