Newbie 744 -- Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by Yaw »

Setup:

Raivann (replacing MotandsArm) – goon
alexhans – townie
knox (replacing syndromeofadown) – townie
yellowbunny (replacing Boltrig) – doctor
charter (replacing AshKetchummm, replacing Mizz.Mafia) – townie
blueshadow (replacing Dennis1993) – townie
wake4me4life (replacing Conspicuous_other, replacing CntRational) – townie
Porkens (replacing ZazieR) – townie
Kmd4390 – goon

Night Choices:

Night 1:
yellowbunny protects ZazieR
Scum kill yellowbunny

Night 2:
Scum kill charter

The thread is now open for post-game discussion.
Success breeds suspicion
wake4me4life
wake4me4life
Townie
wake4me4life
Townie
Townie

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by wake4me4life »

well that was a quick first game.
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 4:57 pm

Post by alexhans »

lol. GG wake! :)

I just was being cautious.

I wanted to be covered in case he didn't flip scum.

KUDOS to charter for this win.

Yaw: Thanks for modding this non-newbie-newbie game. ;)

Did scum used a QT? Can we read it?
I'm back...
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 4:59 pm

Post by Yaw »

No quicktopic. You'd have to ask Raivann and Kmd what they discussed.
Success breeds suspicion
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by alexhans »

ohhhh :(
I love QT's...

Anyway
I sucked at this game, Hard.

I had town reads on both scum throughout half the game.

My accident got me completely out of this game and then I had a bad feeling about Zaz and KMD but mostly Zaz.

The replacements saved my life! That proves my theory that replacements are always a huge benefit for town (unless they're scum)

I think I did one good thing

Post 401
aimed at both KMD and Raiv and may have pushed KMD to pull a desperate fake claim seeing that the rest of the town was heading in that direction.

His crumb was hilarious. HIV Positive. lol.

Why did Zaz replace!!!??? I STILL don't understand that.

One thing that totally lost KMD was that he forgot to explain that scum would obviously know if there wasn't a cop (given the setup). This is something I love about newbie games, that you can rule out setups. I believe I went through this in my first post of day 2.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Oh. This game ended.

I am not happy with my performance, but I'll comment anyway.

I should have realized there was no cop. I didn't. I thought Zaz was a cop, so that was why I claimed the guilty on her. Her counter claim would have looked suspicious. I mean, can you imagine?

Kmd: I'm a cop with a guilty on Zaz
Zaz: No, I'm the cop.

That was what I was hoping for. I'd have trusted Raiv to kill CO after we killed Charter and I was lynched and then he'd win in 3 player LYLO.

But obviously, there was no cop. Zaz looked like a cop because her change of opinion on CnT came right around the change from Day 1 to Day 2.

So, anyway, that's why I failed as scum. And I left a connection to my buddy, who played an otherwise good game. I tried to connect myself to Zaz and Knox as I was going down. Didn't work though.

She replaced out for personal reasons that I'd rather not go into.

Raiv, sorry about the loss. You did a great job of appearing protown. You'd have won with a better buddy.

Charter, amazing job coming in and nailing both scum.

Porkens, great job replacing in to catch Raiv.

Alex, you mostly played well and made good decisions. Try not to be too easily influenced in the future though. The person whose reasoning sounds the most solid can very easily be scum who is good with words.

Oh, and I faked the breadcrumb. It never existed. I looked at my first post of the day and googled it. That movie was the first thing to come up, so I turned it into a fake breadcrumb. Last minute desperation thing.

So. Sorry to my scumbuddy for screwing this up. Sorry to the newbies for showing a bad example of how to play. After the newb game I'm still in, I am done as IC.

If anyone still wants to hear from me in endgame, I'll be glad to answer questions to the best of my ability.

Alex, we didn't have a QT, but I can dig out PMs if you want them. Not tonight though. I'm getting tired.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by alexhans »

KMD wrote:Oh, and I faked the breadcrumb. It never existed. I looked at my first post of the day and googled it. That movie was the first thing to come up, so I turned it into a fake breadcrumb. Last minute desperation thing.
I told you it looked fake. :P HIV positive... You could've come up with something better... lol.
KMD wrote:Alex, we didn't have a QT, but I can dig out PMs if you want them. Not tonight though. I'm getting tired.
When and IF you can buddy. I just love to see what are the thought processes of scum and completing my view of the game.

I don't think you played such a bad game. You should continue IC-ing. The only non-IC thing you did was stating that both IC's couldn't be scum together. But the IC wiki says that if you misdirect newbies as scum you can explain it in the endgame, what's the supposed way in wich things are done and that's it.

Really. You could've won. Replacements screwed you big time.
She replaced out for personal reasons that I'd rather not go into.
I'll stop asking about Zaz then.
Alex, you mostly played well and made good decisions. Try not to be too easily influenced in the future though. The person whose reasoning sounds the most solid can very easily be scum who is good with words.
I'll try. This is why I'm always afraid of logical pro town players... like you and Zaz. What if they're scum?
knox
knox
Goon
knox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 12:32 am

Post by knox »

Thanks Yaw, you were a great mod :D

Well I really enjoyed this game as I thought there was a good amount of discussion and during my first read through I suspected Raivann the most which makes me happy now :).

But everyone seemed to dismiss my points which I thought were pretty good even if they were more based on his play and gut. Why was that? It was great when charter came and had his own opinion about Raivann as it reassured me that I wasn’t completely crazy! Did my points help at all in the lynch of Raivann or were only Porkens? This was my first proper game to finish so what should I do and not do next time?

Thanks charter for coming in, you were a great town player and picked both scum. Well done to you!

And I really enjoyed playing with all of you, it was fun :D
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 2:38 am

Post by alexhans »

No, everything helped. I was all for lynching Raivann. I just wanted to be covered up in case he wasn't scum. Have info for tomorrow.

Seeing that now we couldn't be accused of defending our scumbuddies I wanted to defend a little some players so I could see if someone was pushing a case too hard.

GG Knox. Thanks for replacing in! :)
I'm back...
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 3:32 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

alexhans wrote: I don't think you played such a bad game. You should continue IC-ing. The only non-IC thing you did was stating that both IC's couldn't be scum together. But the IC wiki says that if you misdirect newbies as scum you can explain it in the endgame, what's the supposed way in wich things are done and that's it.
Yeah, that was 100% intentional misdirection on my part. Well, in a different way. I wasn't actually trying to argue that both ICs couldn't be scum. I was saying it as an attempt to leave a connection between Zaz and myself. I knew Charter would call BS. He had expressed suspicion on Zaz, so this was my way of trying to help Raiv before I went down.
alexhans wrote: I'll try. This is why I'm always afraid of logical pro town players... like you and Zaz. What if they're scum?
You can follow a player's logic if you think it makes sense. But still try to judge the player's townieness/scuminess and try to think more for yourself and less with other people. Look for holes in good logic. If there aren't any, maybe you ARE looking at a logical townie. If you see holes, it doesn't necessarily make the player scum, but it means they could be wrong.
knox wrote: But everyone seemed to dismiss my points which I thought were pretty good even if they were more based on his play and gut. Why was that? It was great when charter came and had his own opinion about Raivann as it reassured me that I wasn’t completely crazy! Did my points help at all in the lynch of Raivann or were only Porkens? This was my first proper game to finish so what should I do and not do next time?
A lot of people think what they think and won't change their mind very easily. So being right won't always win a game. You have to be persuasive too. Don't be afraid to use sarcasm and exaggeration even as town trying to prove a point. I've given this same advice to a pretty experienced player who is right most of the time, but has a hard time convincing others. If you can do both (be right AND convince everyone), that is the key to being a great town player.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 6:01 am

Post by charter »

Glad someone hurried up and hammered Raivann :P

Good game everyone, especially town, and thanks for modding Yaw!

I guess some general thoughts I had. I have no idea why Kmd4390 was not hammered four posts after he claimed. The FIRST thing you do when someone claims is see if they are lying and Kmd4390's story clearly did not add up. I think everyone in the town did a pretty good job though, there wasn't much any of you did that was scummy. blueshadow slipped up big, and was correctly lynched for it, but lynching scum day two and three is really good.

I suppose my big suggestion to scum would be not to blatently shift wagons like both of you did. It was very very easy to pick up on when reading through the game and is a pretty reliable scumtell.

Kmd4390, I still wouldn't be that hard on yourself. Your reason for quitting being an IC is a dumb one. I make stupid mistakes all the time, but I'm not going to quit being an IC.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 6:05 am

Post by charter »

Oh, and I am sad at Raivann for NKing me. Shame on you.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

charter wrote: I suppose my big suggestion to scum would be not to blatently shift wagons like both of you did. It was very very easy to pick up on when reading through the game and is a pretty reliable scumtell.
Actually, I'd have done that as town too. *shrug*
charter wrote:Oh, and I am sad at Raivann for NKing me. Shame on you.
It had to be either you or CO. I think I would have probably picked you too.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by Porkens »

Hey hey good game town! I felt like I just had to join in and help push the last 3 feet of the race :)
Raivann
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Raivann
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2009 6:13 pm

Post by Raivann »

GG all, especially charter. I thought we had a good chance of winning after we got the doctor night 1. This was my first game of mafia ever, had a real good time, see ya guys, thanks Yaw!
Digestion only feeds...This abomination breathes!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:53 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”