Mini 737 - Hack Poetry Mafia (Game Over)

Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 11:32 am

Post by Spolium »

Christ. For the second time today I've lost The Game because of these forums.
don wrote:vote: rhinox :twisted:
That smilie had better not mean what I think it means.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by Rhinox »

If it means what I think it means, then spring is don's scum partner?

If thats truly the case, I don't mind as much because I would have NEVER voted for spring, even if don would have been lynched today.

Can't wait to see how all the roles really went together.

And as I said a couple posts ago, gg scum. You deserve it.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 4:28 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

I'm guessing Rhinox was town then? Balls.

Hopefully Tony shows up soon.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

This game is not over!

*Twilight*

Death scene soon.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

OK, Lied, Game over -.-

Final Vote Count

L-0
Rhinox
(3) Spolium, goatrevolt, don_johnson

Not Voting: (2) springlullaby, Rhinox

With 5 people alive, it took
3 votes to lynch

"Aha!" Don proclaimed has he entered the scene
Tonight it would seem, that the killer's been seen
Rhinox would have none of it, "how dare you?
Now if the town won't believe me, I'll scare you"

"I'm a Serial Killer, and if you lynch me you're dead"
"I tried killing spolium, but stopped killing instead"
"You didn't try shit, you replaced on day 2"
"Please don't kill me, my other claims true"

So, spolium, goat and don strung him up
spring sat back, cause of her hippocratic oath
But she might now regret it, cause once Rhinox was dead
Clouds started forming, and skies turned to red

Spolium got a bullet right through the eyes
And the doctor spring sang her last lullaby

Rhinox |
Deputy
| Lynched Day 5

springlullaby |
Doctor
| Killed Endgame

Spolium |
Townie
| Killed Endgame

Winners:
Budja |
Mafia Roleblocker
| Lynched Day 1

don_johnson |
Mafia Watcher
| Survived

goatrevolt |
Mafia Goon
| Survived

This was my first game as moderator, and I've learned a whole lot. And I'm willing to learn more by your comments and critisism.

Once the mafia roleblocker was lynched D1, I thought
what the fuck have I done
:p
I was certain I had screwed the mafia over. The fact that budja outed one of the docs was insult to injury.

I saw some light when jebus went after spring, but then spring caught me out on my lazyness (aka giving cops and docs the same role PM)

All in all, both don and goat deserve all credit for pulling it through this horrible setup :p

don's lylo gambit was risky and for a second there, I thought it would backfire hard. And maybe it would have, if Rhinox's SK gambit didn't crash and burn :p (I kept staring at the spolium comment and thought "am I the only one seeing this??")

More comments later, Next: Role PMs
Last edited by TonyMontana on Wed May 06, 2009 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Upcoming
Mini
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

ROLES

Goatrevolt - Mafia Goon
Role PM wrote:Murders, gambling, women and drugs/
You and your buddies are simple thugs/
The town's up shits creek without paddle or Dawson/
You'll kill them all, with Budja and don_johnson/

You are a Mafia goon, with aforementioned buddies. Each night you may talk amongst yourself, and choose a person to kill. Talk at This Quicktopic
You win when you are the only ones left, or nothing can prevent you from being.
Budja - Mafia Roleblocker
Role PM wrote:It ain't always easy, living life as a felon/
Town thinks you're cheesy, but at nights you will tell'em/
Both killer and blocker, you're sporting two jobs/
Look after your buddies, don_johnson and the robz/

You are a Mafia Roleblocker, with aforementioned buddies. Each night you may talk amongst yourself, and choose a person to kill. Talk at This Quicktopic
You can also choose one person to block, preventing that person from making a night action. You can send both the kill and the block any given night.
don_johnson - Mafia Watcher
Role PM wrote:At night you are creeping around in the streets/
Stalking your prey, keeping light on your feet/
But you wouldn't go killing your victim, now would ya?/
You'll watch and leave killing to therobz and Budja/

You are a Mafia Watcher, with aforementioned buddies. Each night you may talk amongst yourself, and choose a person to kill. Talk at This Quicktopic
You can also choose one person to watch, I will let you know who targeted that person, if any.
You can not send both the kill and the watch any given night.
sekjin - Cop
Lynx The Antithesis - Cop (Naive)
Role PM wrote:During the day you're patrolling the streets/
You keep close to the heat, keep it under your seat/
But at night, there's no sirens and no blinking lights/
That's when you find out who's been naughty or nice/

You're a Cop. Each night you may choose on person, and I will tell you whether the person shares your alignment or not.
You win when all threats to the town has been eliminated.
Jebus - Doctor
springlullaby - Doctor (Paranoid)
Role PM wrote:The town's non the wiser, they're in for a maiming/
Thank god they got you, with your medical training/
You can't save them all, but you damn well can try/
Save a life, but think twice bout who you don't want to die/

You're a Doctor. Each night you may choose one person to protect.
fhqwhgads - Watcher
Role PM wrote:At night, people wander the streets, doin shit/
Most people are good, others not so legit/
You watch over people, until daybreak come/
But do keep in mind, not all visits are scum/

You are a Watcher. Each night you may choose one person to watch. I will let you know who targeted that person, if any.
RedCoyote - Tracker
Role PM wrote:The silence of night is a deafening sound/
You keep on your toes as you wander the town/
You make sure that no one's aware that they're stalked/
And each night you'll know where that person has walked/

You're a Tracker. Each night you may choose one person to track. I will let you know who they targeted, if any.
Rhinox - Deputy (Gets result of first dead cop)
fhqwhgads - Townie
Spolium - Townie
Upcoming
Mini
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Night Actions

Night 1

springlullaby protects and blocks Spolium
Jebus protects springlullaby
Goatrevolt tries to kill spring
Don_johnson watches RedCoyote
RedCoyote tracks Don_johnson

Night 2

springlullaby protects and blocks Spolium
Jebus protects goatrevolt
Goatrevolt kills Jebus
Don_johnson watches spring
fhq watches goatrevolt
RedCoyote tracks Rhinox
Sekjin gets innocent on Lynx
Lynx gets innocent on Rhinox

Night 3

springlullaby protects and blocks sekjin
Goat kills Lynx
Don_johnson watches spring
Ice watches spring
Sekjin gets no result on Ice
Lynx gets innocent on goat

Night 4

springlullaby protects and blocks goat
Don_johnson kills Ice
Ice watches Don_johnson
Upcoming
Mini
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 5:56 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

BTW: I hope you people had as much fun playing this game as I had moderating (prolly not :P)
Upcoming
Mini
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Don, you scared the hell out of me with that gambit! I started out playing both sides, as Rhinox rightfully called me out for. Thinking about it, I realized that I had no chance of winning by busing don, so I had to just go for the throat and hope we could get a mislynch on Rhinox.

If I bussed Don, then spring probably roleblocks me again. And I lose. Even if Spring doesn't roleblock me again, I have to kill her that night or I'll lose the following night. Then I'd have to convince Rhinox to lynch Spolium over me, which could be quite difficult.

I actually was not aware that Budja was a roleblocker. I hate busing my buddies as scum, and regretted busing Budja, but I could see that he was going to get lynched day 1, and so I might as well get the most out of it. I tried to push a FHQ lynch instead, but that didn't catch on at all. I tried to subtly push a spring lynch while remaining on the Budja wagon. RC rightfully attacked me on that a few times.

My lurking was legitimately as a result of RL issues. It sucked a lot for me. I feel like I was doing fairly well prior to that, and the lurking and my struggle to get back into the game with any kind of presence really hurt me for purposes of looking pro-town. Spring/Spolium/RC, etc. had me pegged as scum, but nobody really stepped out and acted on it, which was nice. I think RC was the only one who actually voted me at any point, and it was short lived.

I actually enjoyed playing this game, Tony, although I thought we had a nearly nonexistent chance of winning for most of the game. It wasn't until we were able to successfully kill Lynx and Rhinox got the deputy results with an innocent on me that things started to turn a bit in our favor.

Don, kudos for pulling off the "I didn't understand my role and that's why I targeted RC" angle. I'm kind of surprised that actually worked out. The truth was that I tried to kill Spring, and Don couldn't really justify claiming a watcher who didn't target spring (the obvious N1 watch target) so he went for that instead. We lucked out that the other watcher was MIA that night.

I still can't believe we managed to dodge a cop/watcher/tracker/roleblocker. With that much town power and no roleblocker, I think it's nothing short of a miracle that we didn't get caught by roles at all.

Tony, my suggestions for improvement are this: I would allow the scum to communicate N0 at least long enough to learn what each other's roles are. Or if you don't allow communication, I'd include in the role PM what the other mafia member's roles are.

I also think there were too many town power roles. The only town power role that was essentially useless for the town was Lynx. Beyond that, the scum has to compete against a jailkeeper/doc/watcher/cop/tracker, which is tough to deal with. Granted, this may sound bad since the scum did win, but I think if you ran this setup 10 times, the town would win the majority of the time.

Rhinox, I was impressed with your gambits that last day, actually. I had to sit and think for a while before I responded to them. To answer your question truthfully about what you could have done as town in that situation, I would say your best bet would have been to go back through and point out where your actions make sense from a deputy but not from the perspective of scum. I would have really harped on those. I was kind of worried about that actually. For example, the post where you unvoted based on you having to check your PM. That really spoke to you being a legit deputy. Also, your counterclaim of sekinj's information on how results were received, etc. Then I would have really pushed harder about how don was scum. For example, point out his night 1 target of RC as a scum move, etc.

Whew...I was sweating bullets that last day. I'm happy we pulled it off. Good game, don...
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 6:34 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

I can also post the scum QT, if don doesn't mind.
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 6:43 pm

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

Damn good job scum. I really didn't have any suspicion of Goat until the end of Day three where I targeted him. We should have had that in the bag after nailing the roleblocker. I wish I stuck to Don more, I knew there was a connection between him and Budja. The claim threw me off guard and I let him go. I only knew he was scum this day with his results on Rhinox. After Red Coyote flipped tracker I knew Don was tracked and was a watcher. And I was pretty sure Sekinj was a cop with her paraphrased role pm. So that left Goat to investigate. Too bad I was naive...

Town's downfall was deadline lynches. We never had organized our lynches early enough which ended up in rushed choices like RC. This is especially upsetting cause it was my first town loss and the town had a huge advantage after day 1.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 6:44 pm

Goatrevolt wrote:I can also post the scum QT, if don doesn't mind.
I'd much enjoy seeing this.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 6:50 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

Lynx The Antithesis wrote:Damn good job scum. I really didn't have any suspicion of Goat until the end of Day three where I targeted him. We should have had that in the bag after nailing the roleblocker. I wish I stuck to Don more, I knew there was a connection between him and Budja. The claim threw me off guard and I let him go. I only knew he was scum this day with his results on Rhinox. After Red Coyote flipped tracker I knew Don was tracked and was a watcher. And I was pretty sure Sekinj was a cop with her paraphrased role pm. So that left Goat to investigate. Too bad I was naive...
I expected you to target don that night, actually, because it seemed like you had me pegged as likely town. Don did a good job at avoiding suspicion. People attacked him all game for various things, and he ended up somehow avoiding getting lynched.
Lynx The Antithesis wrote:Town's downfall was deadline lynches. We never had organized our lynches early enough which ended up in rushed choices like RC. This is especially upsetting cause it was my first town loss and the town had a huge advantage after day 1.
Yeah, that helped us tremendously. The RC and Sekinj lynches really helped me a lot. I wasn't involved in either lynch and was on Spolium both days, so I could kind of play the "so now can we lynch Spolium?" angle. If we had lynched Spolium earlier, I think I would have been lynched the following day. Lynching RC before he could even claim was really nice. He probably wouldn't have been lynched if he claimed tracker and produced his breadcrumbed results.
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 7:10 pm

Goatrevolt wrote:
Lynx The Antithesis wrote:Damn good job scum. I really didn't have any suspicion of Goat until the end of Day three where I targeted him. We should have had that in the bag after nailing the roleblocker. I wish I stuck to Don more, I knew there was a connection between him and Budja. The claim threw me off guard and I let him go. I only knew he was scum this day with his results on Rhinox. After Red Coyote flipped tracker I knew Don was tracked and was a watcher. And I was pretty sure Sekinj was a cop with her paraphrased role pm. So that left Goat to investigate. Too bad I was naive...
I expected you to target don that night, actually, because it seemed like you had me pegged as likely town. Don did a good job at avoiding suspicion. People attacked him all game for various things, and he ended up somehow avoiding getting lynched.
For all of Day 2 I thought you were the most obvious town. Oh how wrong I was. You played day 1 great in my opinion. It's a shame inactvity hindered your performance later on. But real life takes priority. I didn't investigate Don because I caught RC's tracking breadcrumb and obvious defense for him. So I really thought he was watcher. Sekinj became much more believable with her cop claim so that left just you as my investigation. Again well played overall.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Goatrevolt wrote:Tony, my suggestions for improvement are this: I would allow the scum to communicate N0 at least long enough to learn what each other's roles are. Or if you don't allow communication, I'd include in the role PM what the other mafia member's roles are.

I also think there were too many town power roles. The only town power role that was essentially useless for the town was Lynx. Beyond that, the scum has to compete against a jailkeeper/doc/watcher/cop/tracker, which is tough to deal with. Granted, this may sound bad since the scum did win, but I think if you ran this setup 10 times, the town would win the majority of the time.
In hindsight, you prolly should have knwn eachothers roles, yes.

The overpowered town was painfully obvious after d1. I thought about making spring naive as well as paranoid, but that would be overstepping my boundaries as mod. (not that it mattered, as spring never saved anyone.) Also thought about making you a untrackable, unwatchable godfather. Again, thoughts i should have had before the game started ;)
You did luck out with the roles (RC tracked Don watching RC, Ice watched spring being watched by don, Lynx getting innocent on goat)

All I have to say is, You should have seen the setup before i got it reviewed :P
Upcoming
Mini
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 7:48 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

TonyMontana wrote:The overpowered town was painfully obvious after d1. I thought about making spring naive as well as paranoid, but that would be overstepping my boundaries as mod. (not that it mattered, as spring never saved anyone.) Also thought about making you a untrackable, unwatchable godfather. Again, thoughts i should have had before the game started ;)
I think those 2 changes would have helped balance the setup a lot. You did the right thing not editing it midway through, though.
TonyMontana wrote:All I have to say is, You should have seen the setup before i got it reviewed :P
:)
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 8:00 pm

Post by Budja »

I apologise to Goat and Don. I never spent enough time on this game and I payed the price. You all played very well.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 8:45 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Mod 1304 wrote:Spolium got a bullet right through the eyes
And the doctor spring sang her last lullaby
Very dramatic! I love the poetry. :)

Big thanks to the Mod and to everyone else for a fun game!
---

I was basically don's buddy after D2. I can guarantee you that if I didn't track don N1 I'm almost positive I would've kept my vote on him and pushed him the rest of the day.

See, I got the results that said don watched me like this,
Mod PM wrote:As nightfall comes, you take to the road
you're looking for johnson, to see where he goes
At a safe distance, you use your binoculars
The scene that followed is kind of recockulous
A chill up your spine, when you look through the glass
Cause you see don with binoculars, looking right back

don_johnson targeted you tonight
My first thoughts were that I caught a scum in don and I was protected by spring. I thought that was pretty reasonable given that spring thought I was relatively townie at the time, and, given the Budja flip, she'd protect me.

I
knew
I had to have been shot at and saved and I was going to make don pay for it. I unleashed both barrels on him almost immediately after D2 started, but once don claimed Watcher I felt so stupid for missing that possibility that I felt obliged to defend don to the best of my abilities the rest of the game. A scum-sided Watcher never really crossed my mind. Back over at EM there is no such thing as a mafia-sided Tracker/Watcher/Cop, so I'm already predisposed to giving power roles much more credit, especially if I know they are said power role based on my own investigations.

I got fhq wrong for sure at the end of that day, but Goat was definitely tickling my funny bone around the end of D2. When D3 came around, I had gotten nothing useful out of Rhinox, but I wanted to plant some breadcrumbs (kudos to Goat (I'll bet you were happy to find the don one!)/Rhinox for finding them) in case I was shot. I would've never guessed that I was going to be lynched. I figured sekinj, Spolium, or Goat may vote me, but I wouldn't have thought that Lynx, Ice, or Rhinox would have. I actually checked the thread when sekinj voted me and decided against speaking up anymore at that point. For some reason the things I was suggesting were really putting the town off so I thought if I lurked there was no way they would vote me over a vanilla townie claim of Spolium. I never tried to hint at knowing Ice's role, I only suggested Watcher because he had said something about pairs in reference directly to don. In retrospect that may have seemed like fishing.

In any event, what I really was attempting (and failing miserably) to do on Day 3 was pressure Spolium. I knew that the scum was between him and Goat, but I pushed Spolium too hard in an attempt to get him to look at Goat the way I did and the plan totally backfired with Spolium calling me the manipulative bastard scum. The Quack stuff was mostly just a makeshift reason for my Spolium vote, but you really got to give credit to Goat for leaving us nothing to go on.

In any case, I definitely do not blame the town for losing this one. Even if we had nabbed Goat it would've been damn hard to convince me don was scum after he claimed. Like Spolium, I would've definitely had voted Rhinox over don on Day 5.

---
Goat 1308 wrote:My lurking was legitimately as a result of RL issues. It sucked a lot for me. I feel like I was doing fairly well prior to that, and the lurking and my struggle to get back into the game with any kind of presence really hurt me for purposes of looking pro-town.
Lurking is such a double-edged sword in that way. It can totally let others argue amongst themselves while you hang back and stay clean, but it's always going to be a thorn in your side as a potential tell the rest of the game. You did very well though Goat, at some point I had said something along the lines of, "Everytime Goat makes a post he starts looking townie again". I'd like to think, had I not decided to lurk through the end of D3, I would've pushed you a little harder, but you never know.
Goat 1308 wrote:Don, kudos for pulling off the "I didn't understand my role and that's why I targeted RC" angle. I'm kind of surprised that actually worked out. The truth was that I tried to kill Spring, and Don couldn't really justify claiming a watcher who didn't target spring (the obvious N1 watch target) so he went for that instead. We lucked out that the other watcher was MIA that night.
I think there was a lot of solid D1 stuff against don, and I'm really kicking myself for completely taking him off my list the rest of the game.

Y'all have got to admit that it was helpful that the town Cop/Watcher were basically out of commission during D1 and a good chunk of D2. I'll never forgive Plonky/DO or millar13 for their disappointing us. Especially a player like Plonky who makes constant promises to post but never delivers on them. Come on, not when you're a Cop. Not having those reports really hurt the town.

---
Lynx 1310 wrote:And I was pretty sure Sekinj was a cop with her paraphrased role pm.
XD

I remember a very different D3 my friend.
Lynx 1310 wrote:Town's downfall was deadline lynches.
I have to agree. This and the constant replacing of the town Cop/Watcher.

---
Goat 1312 wrote:He probably wouldn't have been lynched if he claimed tracker and produced his breadcrumbed results.
I know! I thought for sure spring would talk some sense into the town. When I saw that I had been lynched I was screaming, "I got you Budja! I got you Budja, you ungrateful SOBs!" I was amazed that neither your nor don had any hand at all in lynching me.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 8:47 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Budja wrote:I apologise to Goat and Don. I never spent enough time on this game and I payed the price. You all played very well.
I always say if your faction wins, you have nothing to apologize for.
But as long as you're apologizing, I'd include that you drew out the doc, causing a failed NK and possibly prevented a doc mislynch. :P
Upcoming
Mini
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 9:22 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

RedCoyote wrote:I was basically don's buddy after D2. I can guarantee you that if I didn't track don N1 I'm almost positive I would've kept my vote on him and pushed him the rest of the day.
Yeah. I approved of your strong defense of him. I didn't realize it was due to role related reasons until I saw that you were a tracker. Actually, if you look back through the thread, I basically just follow along with RC's defense of Don. Nobody once brought up the fact that I had been defending Don all game. I wasn't about to suggest it.
RedCoyote wrote:When D3 came around, I had gotten nothing useful out of Rhinox, but I wanted to plant some breadcrumbs (kudos to Goat (I'll bet you were happy to find the don one!)/Rhinox for finding them) in case I was shot.
I was very happy to find the Don breadcrumb. I was equally as happy when Ice confirmed Don. In our scum quicktopic I suggested numerous times how Don needed to play his role in a manner befitting a town watcher for confirmation sake. I'm so happy that happened, because he ended up getting confirmed by both you and Ice. That helped a lot.

I submitted all the night kills (N1 Jebus stopped my kill on spring), except the kill that last night. I knew spring was going to roleblock me, so Don made the kill. I didn't expect him to try to frame Rhinox like that, though. That scared the hell out of me!
RedCoyote wrote:In any case, I definitely do not blame the town for losing this one. Even if we had nabbed Goat it would've been damn hard to convince me don was scum after he claimed. Like Spolium, I would've definitely had voted Rhinox over don on Day 5.
I think the town's biggest mistakes were lynching you and lynching Sekinj. I could understand the sekinj lynch, somewhat. Your lynch, though, surprised the hell out of me. We debated NKing you the previous night and I said something along the lines of "RC looks pretty pro-town and won't ever get lynched." I think the town should have lynched Spolium day 3. And then I would have been the logical lynch day 4. You probably would have tracked me that night making the kill as well, to ensure my death (assuming we didn't NK you).
RedCoyote wrote:Lurking is such a double-edged sword in that way. It can totally let others argue amongst themselves while you hang back and stay clean, but it's always going to be a thorn in your side as a potential tell the rest of the game. You did very well though Goat, at some point I had said something along the lines of, "Everytime Goat makes a post he starts looking townie again". I'd like to think, had I not decided to lurk through the end of D3, I would've pushed you a little harder, but you never know.
I really hate to lurk as scum. I pointed out to spring this final day about how my meta shows me lurking more as town than scum, and that was actually true. All the suspicion against me was as a result of either my lurking, or my difficulty in getting back into a dominant/aggressive role after I was able to dedicate time to the game again. I think if I had kept up my day 1 level of activity all game I wouldn't have attracted much suspicion.
RedCoyote wrote:Y'all have got to admit that it was helpful that the town Cop/Watcher were basically out of commission during D1 and a good chunk of D2. I'll never forgive Plonky/DO or millar13 for their disappointing us. Especially a player like Plonky who makes constant promises to post but never delivers on them. Come on, not when you're a Cop. Not having those reports really hurt the town.
That was nice. I think it helped to balance the setup :).
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

I think a safer gambit by don would have been to bus goat, by fingering him as Ice's killer.
Then killing spring would leave him Rhinoxand Spolium in lylo, and I can't imagine getting either of them lynched being hard.

Even if town turned on don instead of goat, goat would prolly be able to coast on the bus-attempt. (unless spring would still block him, which i find unlikely)
Upcoming
Mini
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 11:15 pm

Post by Spolium »

Shit. Good job, scum.

Firstly, my apologies to town - I played pretty terribly this game. Killing me D3 probably would've been best.

I had bad feelings about Goat the whole game, but nothing with which I could push a strong case or persuade others. WD Goat.

If Rhinox hadn't gone through that whole SK claim thing, I'd most likely have settled on don. I'm kicking myself for not pushing what we had on him earlier.

I WIFOM'd myself over Spring pretty much continuously, goddamn.

Thanks for TonyMontana for modding.
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 11:21 pm

Post by Spolium »

Oh, and an extra sorry to RC and sekinj. Argh.
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 11:24 pm

Post by Spolium »

It’s such a little thing to lynch,
So short a thing to lie;
And yet by trades the size of these
We scum and townies die.

- Emily Dickinstown
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 1:00 am

Post by Rhinox »

argh! :P I hate being right and not being able to do anything about it.
spolium wrote:If Rhinox hadn't gone through that whole SK claim thing, I'd most likely have settled on don. I'm kicking myself for not pushing what we had on him earlier.
double argh! the only reason I tried the sk gambit is because I thought you and spring were both town, and spring wanted to coinflip and you were leaning towards lynching me after I basically said everything I could. The sk thing might have worked, except don was really on top of everything this game. Goat you were great too, but don really played pretty spectacularly.

I think once don comes out with the guilty on me, I can harp on the major points all I want, but pretty sure I'd have been lynched eventually anyways, due to don being a confirmed watcher by both RC and ice. But what I regret more is not pushing harder on don before RC's lynch. Sorry bout that RC, I really felt bad about lynching you. I didn't think you were scum (I really didn't think spolium was scum either though).

On a side note, this is only the second time I've been lynched, and both times were in LyLo :-? :P

Tony, nice modding, and I didn't see too many problems with the setup really. With so many power roles in a closed setup, any town is going to be worried about the PR claims lying and forget to actually scum hunt, like we did for a while :P. You run this same game as an open setup though, and I guarentee the town wins every time.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”