SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by SlySly »

VP Baltar wrote:
forbidden wrote:
SlySly wrote:
2. forbidden is less confirmed knowing that her claimed powers were the results of injections from rofl.

Possibly. But if rofl is scum, odds are I'm town. Secondly, if rofl WAS scum, why didn't he shoot up his two buddies? I'm assuming 3 scum, because 4 mafia and an SK is...excessive.
I just noticed this as I was rereading. forbidden answers this point as if it were proposing rofl to be scum, which it clearly was not. It was talking about her being less confirmed as town because of her powers.
Yep, the post meant forbiddan could be scum that was the beneficiary of powers which made her appear town.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

My next guess would be that forbidden has been playing the town for sometime via rofl's injections. By semi confirming SlySly early and you now she is pretty much considered "confirmed" town, but there is really nothing other than the WIFOM that scum wouldn't confirm town that is making people believe she is who she says she is.
Uh...huh. I'm rather non plussed by this for obvious reasons. It feels like a stretch to try to salvage a sinking scum ship.

I just noticed this as I was rereading. forbidden answers this point as if it were proposing rofl to be scum, which it clearly was not. It was talking about her being less confirmed as town because of her powers.
Well, actually, I took it as saying me and rofl are scumbuddies, tbqh. And for some reason quoted the wrong point, and somehow gelled my response to point one and two as a response to point two.

Yep, the post meant forbiddan could be scum that was the beneficiary of powers which made her appear town.
So why point one saying rofl's role is scummy?

Oh, btw,
Vote farside

I'm getting very strong memories of her play in IA and WOMAFIA.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 4:58 pm

Post by SlySly »

forbiddanlight wrote: So why point one saying rofl's role is scummy?
Because, by nature and taken literally, his role is scummy.

----------------------------
forbiddanlight wrote: I'm getting very strong memories of her play in IA and WOMAFIA.
Votes based on meta always seems like a case that says either, "I have nothing on you, but since you were scummy in other games, I'll put my vote on you." or "I am scum and I see a nice juicy town bandwagon forming that I can jump on."

------------------------------
rolf wrote: keep in mind that at endgame confirmed townies are literally the worst thing that can happen to scum
The worst thing that can happen to town at endgame is scum being presumed confirmed.

roflcopter wrote:the biggest reason why i am a proponent of lynching baltar today is his attempts to keep as many people unconfirmed as possible. in particular the questioning of the "roleblocked=not scum" conclusion on sotty is extremely scummy.
The longer this day goes, the less confirmed people are seeming to me.

roflcopter wrote: i've been giving my goodies to forb every night, and i've figured out which of them is watcher so i'll stick to that from here on out now that there's only one scum.
Why have you chosen to test your experiments exclusively on forb up until this point?

sotty wrote: Post 7: VP's post?
sotty wrote: Post 13: VP?
I think these 2 posts may have been saved by someone wanting to magnify my stupidity in hopes of making a case against me.

Just for the sake of argument, let's assume that VP and Sotty are both town and have post saving abilities. It would make sense for there to be a scum counterpart that might have a little of that ability as well.

We know forbiddan's claimed abilities were given to her by rolf. I think it is possible she may have another ability that she hasn't told us about; scum post saving.

sotty wrote: You still haven't explained why your posts weren't saved last night.
In his claim, he said he had a 50/50 shot at remembering posts.

-------------------------------

unvote

I think I need to do a bit more thinking.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 5:04 pm

Post by roflcopter »

why forb? simple really, i had a strong town read on her early and it was best for as few people to know of the existence of my role as possible until claim time.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 3:45 am

Post by VP Baltar »

rofl wrote:why forb? simple really, i had a strong town read on her early
Ok, but did that pro-town read carry throughout the game or you just logged that as enough to guarantee her as town to endgame?
rofl wrote:it was best for as few people to know of the existence of my role as possible until claim time.
Why?
forbidden wrote:Uh...huh. I'm rather non plussed by this for obvious reasons. It feels like a stretch to try to salvage a sinking scum ship.
If this were the case, why are you voting forbidden and not me?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 5:10 am

Post by farside22 »

You know FL we are in more then one game together and I'm not spectaular in either game. I feel your meta read on me is silly when you look at my profile and see it's site wide that I feel the way i do and type the crap I type.
Since your in a game and see this first hand
FOS
on your vote and comment using meta.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Votes based on meta always seems like a case that says either, "I have nothing on you, but since you were scummy in other games, I'll put my vote on you." or "I am scum and I see a nice juicy town bandwagon forming that I can jump on."
It's pretty hard to have something on someone who has not posted very much, in a game where each day is deleted.

Given we are down to a process of elimination game, meta is valid.

We know forbiddan's claimed abilities were given to her by rolf. I think it is possible she may have another ability that she hasn't told us about; scum post saving.

Are you saying we have three post savers then?

If this were the case, why are you voting forbidden and not me?
I'm voting myself?

And mostly because I have a really bad feeling about farside.
You know FL we are in more then one game together and I'm not spectaular in either game. I feel your meta read on me is silly when you look at my profile and see it's site wide that I feel the way i do and type the crap I type.
Since your in a game and see this first hand FOS on your vote and comment using meta.
There's a difference though. You are trying harder in that game, if it's the one I'm thinking of. This game has felt like you were coasting. The set up could be influencing this. But I've had faint bad tingles for awhile concerning you.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by farside22 »

That's a lie. I'm doing both games poor justice.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 6:12 pm

Post by SlySly »

@ forbiddan

What exactly was your claim? I seem to have forgotten. It would be nice of you to refresh my memory so I can compare it with the rest of the claims.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 1:10 am

Post by VP Baltar »

forbidden wrote:I'm voting myself?
Sorry, you'd think I'd get it right one of these times. *writes
farside is not forbidden
100 times on the blackboard*

@SlySly, she claimed vanilla w/ special abilities from rofl
YOUR AD HERE

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 3:41 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

That's a lie. I'm doing both games poor justice.
It's hard to explain, but it feels different.

I've also had VP town vibes for the first few days.
@ forbiddan

What exactly was your claim? I seem to have forgotten. It would be nice of you to refresh my memory so I can compare it with the rest of the claims.
Vanilla townie. What, you expect me to change it?

Sorry, you'd think I'd get it right one of these times. *writes farside is not forbidden 100 times on the blackboard*

@SlySly, she claimed vanilla w/ special abilities from rofl
You did not need to answer this for me ^-^.
-StrangerCoug

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 5:50 am

Post by farside22 »

Well with the vanilla claims either me or FL should be lynched.
I don't feel VP is scum.
What sotty saved doesn't look like something scum would save. I'm judging this vote on the past votes and claims so far.

vote: FL

I think Roflcopter caught my attention for dening the cheif lynch. Can't say I feel good about his play thus far. but FL confirmed what he did and that is a good role to keep around.

I say either FL or myself should be lynched
Rolfcopter if you send anything don't send to the person like me or FL at this point.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I say either FL or myself should be lynched
Rolfcopter if you send anything don't send to the person like me or FL at this point.
Uh huh. Is this really all you have? Really?
-StrangerCoug

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by SlySly »

forbiddanlight wrote: Are you saying we have three post savers then?
There are unexplained posts that somehow survived the nights, so I would say the likelihood of a 3rd post saver is greater than 0, assuming the post saving claims so far are truthful.
forbiddanlight wrote: Vanilla townie. What, you expect me to change it?
Honestly, I forgot and I was too lazy to take good notes. It's good to know that your story at least still matches VP's notes. Are you an Amnesia townie like farside or is your flavor different?
forbiddanlight wrote: And mostly because I have a really bad feeling about farside. ... There's a difference though. You are trying harder in that game, if it's the one I'm thinking of.
I have played with farside before, too, and this farside seems far different than the farside I remember playing with in the other game.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 4:38 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

There are unexplained posts that somehow survived the nights, so I would say the likelihood of a 3rd post saver is greater than 0, assuming the post saving claims so far are truthful.
Big assumption. Why can't it be farside?

Honestly, I forgot and I was too lazy to take good notes. It's good to know that your story at least still matches VP's notes. Are you an Amnesia townie like farside or is your flavor different?
*checks*

Why yes, yes I am

But, that means nothing. Ever read the second post I think it is? The VT role PM is in there.

Enjoy.

I have played with farside before, too, and this farside seems far different than the farside I remember playing with in the other game.
Was she town or scum in that?
-StrangerCoug

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 5:02 pm

Post by SlySly »

forbiddanlight wrote:
Big assumption. Why can't it be farside?
It could be farside. It could be rolf or you, too. Since rolf already has a power giving power, I would think odds are higher that you are lying scum with a post saving power than it is that rolf has two powers. Since 2 out of the 3 unclaimed saved posts are seemingly saved in a manner to make me look like an idiot, I think the odds are higher that it is you that saved those posts than they are of farside making them. That seems more your style than hers.
forbiddanlight wrote: But, that means nothing. Ever read the second post I think it is? The VT role PM is in there.
I haven't read it since the game started. I will go back and give it a look. Your continued condescending rhetoric is once again noted.
forbiddanlight wrote:
Was she town or scum in that?
I don't recall. I don't even recall which game it was. I do however have some vague recollection of farside mentioning earlier in this game that she was scum in that game.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 3:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Unvote

I don't know, farside is giving off major town vibes now I feel. This is the first game I've ever played with her, so I don't have the meta to back it up that you guys might, but her indifference does seem to fit with what she has said about leaving the site for a bit.
YOUR AD HERE

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 3:24 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

It could be farside. It could be rolf or you, too. Since rolf already has a power giving power, I would think odds are higher that you are lying scum with a post saving power than it is that rolf has two powers. Since 2 out of the 3 unclaimed saved posts are seemingly saved in a manner to make me look like an idiot, I think the odds are higher that it is you that saved those posts than they are of farside making them. That seems more your style than hers.
Except for one thing. By D2, I had seen you were a lot less likely to be scum for targetting Baltar and Baltar not dying. Could you be a mafia doc? Technically. Or even a mafia roleblocker.

I haven't read it since the game started. I will go back and give it a look. Your continued condescending rhetoric is once again noted.
Your continued hypocrisy is noted. Please read all relevant posts to a game you are playing in the future.

I don't recall. I don't even recall which game it was. I do however have some vague recollection of farside mentioning earlier in this game that she was scum in that game.
You know, you seem to fail to recall more things than Hillary Clinton.

It's a very...convenient way for you to fence sit, no?
-StrangerCoug

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 3:26 am

Post by Sotty7 »

SlySly Post 88 wrote:There are unexplained posts that somehow survived the nights, so I would say the likelihood of a 3rd post saver is greater than 0, assuming the post saving claims so far are truthful.
Well I just happen to believe VP is crazy lying because he has claimed to save the same post as me on day 1 while the day still has two other posts that are unaccounted for. I highly doubt there is two town post savers let alone three total in game (2 town and one scum) VP's flavor fits as scum for me.

Never mind the fact that he tried to make me look scummy for being suspicious of Chief on day one and like rofl said, seemed to be testing the waters for my lynch today.
VP Baltar Post 91 wrote:
Unvote

I don't know, farside is giving off major town vibes now I feel. This is the first game I've ever played with her, so I don't have the meta to back it up that you guys might, but her indifference does seem to fit with what she has said about leaving the site for a bit.
Indifference is a null tell. If you are that nonplused about mafia it wouldn't matter what role you have.

So who's scum for you now VP?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 4:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Sotty wrote:Never mind the fact that he tried to make me look scummy for being suspicious of Chief on day one and like rofl said, seemed to be testing the waters for my lynch today.
Stating something was potentially suspicious before we had information about Chief and 'trying to make you look scummy' are not the same thing, and that seems a blatant misrep to me. Also, I was testing the waters for your lynch? That's a pretty interesting interpretation of me saying this in one of my first posts of the day:
VP Baltar wrote:If we take forbidden's softclaim at face value, that pretty much clears sotty and SlySly.
Sotty wrote:Indifference is a null tell. If you are that nonplused about mafia it wouldn't matter what role you have.

So who's scum for you now VP?
I was pointing out that I felt she was being consistent with what she has said elsewhere on the site from what i have seen, which is the opposite of what forbidden and to a lesser extent Sly was saying. It's not null in my opinion. For me, mafia is as much about reading people's intent as it is about getting factual data. Her responses ring fairly true to me.

And if you were reading the thread you would know that forbidden is my next highest suspect.

Other than me, who do you think could be scum? I haven't seen much participation from you today other than saying that there is no way my claim could fit because of yours.
YOUR AD HERE

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 7:46 am

Post by farside22 »

Sotty7 wrote:
SlySly Post 88 wrote:There are unexplained posts that somehow survived the nights, so I would say the likelihood of a 3rd post saver is greater than 0, assuming the post saving claims so far are truthful.
Well I just happen to believe VP is crazy lying because he has claimed to save the same post as me on day 1 while the day still has two other posts that are unaccounted for. I highly doubt there is two town post savers let alone three total in game (2 town and one scum) VP's flavor fits as scum for me.
Just a non plus question but is't it possible that you both saved the same quote? I know the odds are high but I really can't see VP as scum on this

@FL: As a vanilla townie and this not being lylo then yes I do advacate a VT lynch at this point and since rolf has a role that is helpful he chose between anyone but the VT's at this point and hope he choses wisely if you are not scum my dear.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 10:54 am

Post by roflcopter »

i still strongly advocate a vp baltar lynch and will not be changing my vote
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 11:40 am

Post by farside22 »

roflcopter wrote:i still strongly advocate a vp baltar lynch and will not be changing my vote
Short and to the point why?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by SlySly »

forbiddanlight wrote: Please read all relevant posts to a game you are playing in the future.
I read it, I just didn't think to look back. It is obvious I am scum hunting and it is obvious you are something that rhymes with hunt.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I read it, I just didn't think to look back. It is obvious I am scum hunting and it is obvious you are something that rhymes with hunt.
Ad hominem attacks will get you no where (except possibly blacklisted by the mod for very intentionally implying a word that offends her. But I don't know what she'll do, so I could be wrong)

@FL: As a vanilla townie and this not being lylo then yes I do advacate a VT lynch at this point and since rolf has a role that is helpful he chose between anyone but the VT's at this point and hope he choses wisely if you are not scum my dear.
Honestly, given Sotty's point, I'm leaning towards VP scum.

Unvote, Vote VP

It's entirely possible my meta of you is wrong.

Just a non plus question but is't it possible that you both saved the same quote? I know the odds are high but I really can't see VP as scum on this
Then what of the two mystery quotes? Either a VT is lying, or VP is.
-StrangerCoug

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”