Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Does this medical ward have any swine flu anti-viral meds?

On a serious note:

farside, how do you feel about SlySly now after the Wall-E and DGB flips?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Question for people with more experience than me...is it common for games with a town roleblocker to be balanced with a scum roleblocker?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm for massclaim
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (isolation #3) » Fri May 01, 2009 12:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I am the electroshock patient. My brain is fried, but each night I have 50/50 chance of remembering two posts from the previous day. I breadcrumbed this in one of my first posts in the game when I mentioned needing electroshock (though breadcrumbing in a game where all the posts disappear turns out to be somewhat useless unless someone recalls).

N1 I saved raj's suspicion (post 3) list after we mislynched and one of Wall-E's scummy looking posts (post 6)

N2 I saved Wall-E's flop on the Xdaamno case (post 10) because I thought it was pretty crappy and rofl's flavour post on Wall-E (post 12) because I figured Wall-E scum would try and kill him and I wanted that to be blatant the next day if it happened.

N3 my posts did not get saved.

Right now, I see the scum as being farside or rofl. If we take forbidden's softclaim at face value, that pretty much clears sotty and SlySly. Of course, she could just be setting up two easy mislynches for a win too.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Fri May 01, 2009 2:43 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I would like to see rofl claim next.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (isolation #5) » Fri May 01, 2009 11:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Wouldn't the DGB roleblock be negated from the kill? I knew someone else besides me had to be saving posts, but I find it strange that Sotty would be blocked if DGB was killed.

Also, it wouldn't make much sense for me if I was scum to not claim all the posts I saved.

Something fishy is going on.

As a side note, I am moving right now and have to steal wireless off my landlord. It is very bad and in the evenings, but I should be alright to post in the mornings. If it is decent tonight I will try to get on here, but no guarantees. I will definitely respond in the mornings.

Vote Forbidden
btw.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (isolation #6) » Fri May 01, 2009 11:16 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Forb vote was an accident. I was borrowing internet and was in a hurry before I lost it. I meant to
Unvote Vote:farside
by process of elimination.

That being said, I was thinking about forbidden's stance in this game. If scum, it wouldn't really matter if she confirmed Sotty as town because she would only need two mislynches to win (myself and farside, potentially). Confirming Sotty would give her enough townie points to make it through relatively unquestioned.

@Sotty, I did say why I had no posts saved last night. Before you even claimed. It's part of my role, they don't get saved every night necessarily.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (isolation #7) » Sun May 03, 2009 5:40 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Seriously though rofl, consider my play in this game compared to farside's. Which has been more town like? I'm 99% sure she is the last scum. Start thinking beyond your gut because it hasn't been very effective this game it seems.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (isolation #8) » Mon May 04, 2009 4:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

My next guess would be that forbidden has been playing the town for sometime via rofl's injections. By semi confirming SlySly early and you now she is pretty much considered "confirmed" town, but there is really nothing other than the WIFOM that scum wouldn't confirm town that is making people believe she is who she says she is.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (isolation #9) » Mon May 04, 2009 10:41 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Are you referring to when I was asking about which night action takes precedence? That was an honest question. This is the first time I've ever been in a game where it could matter, so I wanted someone to clarify. It's not like I continued to argue about it after you stated which was would count first.
rofl wrote:keep in mind that at endgame confirmed townies are literally the worst thing that can happen to scum
Not if that townie is cleared along with them.

I don't know what to make of farside's last post. It's always a tough read for me when townie's take on that fatalist tinge. I would also like to hear who she thinks is scum.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (isolation #10) » Mon May 04, 2009 11:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

forbidden wrote:
SlySly wrote:
2. forbidden is less confirmed knowing that her claimed powers were the results of injections from rofl.

Possibly. But if rofl is scum, odds are I'm town. Secondly, if rofl WAS scum, why didn't he shoot up his two buddies? I'm assuming 3 scum, because 4 mafia and an SK is...excessive.
I just noticed this as I was rereading. forbidden answers this point as if it were proposing rofl to be scum, which it clearly was not. It was talking about her being less confirmed as town because of her powers.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (isolation #11) » Tue May 05, 2009 3:45 am

Post by VP Baltar »

rofl wrote:why forb? simple really, i had a strong town read on her early
Ok, but did that pro-town read carry throughout the game or you just logged that as enough to guarantee her as town to endgame?
rofl wrote:it was best for as few people to know of the existence of my role as possible until claim time.
Why?
forbidden wrote:Uh...huh. I'm rather non plussed by this for obvious reasons. It feels like a stretch to try to salvage a sinking scum ship.
If this were the case, why are you voting forbidden and not me?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (isolation #12) » Wed May 06, 2009 1:10 am

Post by VP Baltar »

forbidden wrote:I'm voting myself?
Sorry, you'd think I'd get it right one of these times. *writes
farside is not forbidden
100 times on the blackboard*

@SlySly, she claimed vanilla w/ special abilities from rofl
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (isolation #13) » Thu May 07, 2009 3:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Unvote

I don't know, farside is giving off major town vibes now I feel. This is the first game I've ever played with her, so I don't have the meta to back it up that you guys might, but her indifference does seem to fit with what she has said about leaving the site for a bit.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (isolation #14) » Thu May 07, 2009 4:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Sotty wrote:Never mind the fact that he tried to make me look scummy for being suspicious of Chief on day one and like rofl said, seemed to be testing the waters for my lynch today.
Stating something was potentially suspicious before we had information about Chief and 'trying to make you look scummy' are not the same thing, and that seems a blatant misrep to me. Also, I was testing the waters for your lynch? That's a pretty interesting interpretation of me saying this in one of my first posts of the day:
VP Baltar wrote:If we take forbidden's softclaim at face value, that pretty much clears sotty and SlySly.
Sotty wrote:Indifference is a null tell. If you are that nonplused about mafia it wouldn't matter what role you have.

So who's scum for you now VP?
I was pointing out that I felt she was being consistent with what she has said elsewhere on the site from what i have seen, which is the opposite of what forbidden and to a lesser extent Sly was saying. It's not null in my opinion. For me, mafia is as much about reading people's intent as it is about getting factual data. Her responses ring fairly true to me.

And if you were reading the thread you would know that forbidden is my next highest suspect.

Other than me, who do you think could be scum? I haven't seen much participation from you today other than saying that there is no way my claim could fit because of yours.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (isolation #15) » Thu May 07, 2009 11:45 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

forbidden wrote:Yep, I'm the last scum, lynch me now *rolls eyes*.
So, you're trying to use double reverse psychology? You seem to be getting awfully worked up and there aren't even that many votes on you. You flopping from farside to me based on Sotty's reasoning also shows that you are just hoping to get on whatever wagon is in the lead.

Vote: Forbiddenlight

rofl, I don't believe you ever answered my question on whether or not forbidden had continued to give you town reads throughout the game or if you are just basing her towniness on you giving her night powers.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (isolation #16) » Fri May 08, 2009 4:32 am

Post by VP Baltar »

You theory doesn't even fit though Sotty becuase you are saying I didn't alter your posts on N1, but did on N2. You are also claiming that I can save posts that you didn't save. How is that "hinging" on your ability? Why wouldn't I alter your posts both nights? Wouldn't I want more posts suiting to my goals if I was scum and less of yours as town?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #127 (isolation #17) » Sat May 09, 2009 7:21 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Sotty, did you write down the posts you saved or are you just going from your memory?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (isolation #18) » Mon May 11, 2009 1:15 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Ok, well I will give the big reveal and not keep people in suspense. I was in fact the final scum and i can say I'm glad this game is over.

SlySly and forbidden, I hope you guys can put this behind you because it was really childish on both your parts and made me almost fess up just to end the game.

good game to everyone. Scum was completely boned from Day 1 and I did my best coming into Day four with only one successful NK and pretty much the entirity of town confirmed to one another. I'm not sure why Wall-E was trying to kill all the scum so early in the game, but it basically ruined it for us.

Also, Chief had some pretty rough play on Day 1 that basically signed her death warrant later in the game.

Seriously though, how in the heck does scum lose with three consecutive mislynches! Gah.

Oh, and Sotty, you were still pretty far off on my role...too bad the details somehow fit your giant conspiracy theory. :) I am a "Hypnotist Goon". My power is each night I don't send a kill I can save two posts and alter them however I see fit. I did save some of the posts you did not, but not all of them...I don't know where some of them came from. I was assuming that when a person died they got to choose one post to save. I also never altered any of the posts I saved because I was worried about people keeping notes. I have no clue why only 4 of your posts were saved that one night...didn't help my cause any. :)

In hindsight, a VT claim might have been safer, but it still had a high risk of me getting killed.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (isolation #19) » Mon May 11, 2009 3:58 am

Post by VP Baltar »

:( weep for my gruesome death. You guys could have just asked me nicely to stop killing people. I'm reasonable.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (isolation #20) » Mon May 11, 2009 5:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Haha, I would have been nice to you anyway farside. What you were say honestly was in accordance with what you were saying elsewhere on the site. I'm pretty surprised people were trying to lynch you for that.

That being said, I was planning on going for your lynch tomorrow if I would have gotten forbidden done today. :) Ah well, when you return we'll have to play another game together.

Regarding the amnesia factor: I thought it was pretty decent, but that is probably because I was scum. Most of the game the town was pretty off base with their accusations and gut reads, which rereading may or may not have corrected. I think I would like to see this style of game run again for further research purposes. I think if so much of the town wasn't semi-confirmed I would have had a much better chance of winning.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (isolation #21) » Mon May 11, 2009 7:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Oh, Elvis, what was the deal with the missing Sotty post? Did you just forget to carry it over to today?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (isolation #22) » Mon May 11, 2009 7:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I guess one was missing from N2. Sotty kept saying that only four of her posts were saved and was using that fact to implicate me as being scum who altered her posts.

Also, just out of curiosity, what were all of rofl's options?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (isolation #23) » Mon May 11, 2009 7:57 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I agree that Wall-E should explain why he didn't come out and get cured. It would have helped him and the town majorly (and the scum too!).

Raj, were you just guessing I was scum in that post or were you expressly told by elvis?
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”