Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 8:45 am

Post by Empking »

ZazieR wrote:
Empking wrote:No you said town doesn't.
I said that it's possible for town not to have a roleblocker in a set-up, while scum have one. What don't you understand about this?
The fact that its a lie.

You said scum can have a roleblocker and town doesn't.
Can you also tell me, if this is important to you? If so why?
its important because I want you to admit you lied.

Empking wrote:If you actually had the role you claimed you wouldn't need the role name given to you.
The role PM doesn't have a role name. You know this. Slip?
No as its not related to what I said.

I bet the player playing Kyle could have told us he was a cop.
Empking wrote:No you supposedly picked Dejhka for a reason. I want to know why you thought the reason was likely.
A claimed powerrole who can protect everyone for one night, while sacrificing himself. If he could choose when to use this, wouldn't he be a threat to the scum? That's why it's likely.
But why wouldn't scum kill him without roleblocking hm if they were worried he wouldn't use it that night?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 8:50 am

Post by ZazieR »

How is it a lie? I'm really not following you anymore.
Empking wrote:No as its not related to what I said.

There's no name mentioned in the role PM, so how can I answer it?
Empking wrote:But why wouldn't scum kill him without roleblocking hm if they were worried he wouldn't use it that night?
How should I know. Check your QT for answers.
Why are you asking this?
Ignore the ''R''
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 8:54 am

Post by Empking »

ZazieR wrote:How is it a lie? I'm really not following you anymore.
You said that scum can have a roleblocker and that town doesn't.

You're claiming that you claimed that town might not have a roleblocker.
Empking wrote:No as its not related to what I said.

There's no name mentioned in the role PM, so how can I answer it?
The same way the player playing Kyle could have.
Empking wrote:But why wouldn't scum kill him without roleblocking hm if they were worried he wouldn't use it that night?
How should I know. Check your QT for answers.
Why are you asking this?
The target you're claiming doesn't make sense.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 8:58 am

Post by ZazieR »

Empking wrote:You said that scum can have a roleblocker and that town doesn't.

You're claiming that you claimed that town might not have a roleblocker.
Can someone other than Empking explain this to me, as I'm not following. I normally would have given my excuse now, but it might give the wrong impression :roll:
Empking wrote:The same way the player playing Kyle could have.
Not possible.
Empking wrote:The target you're claiming doesn't make sense.
That's your opinion. I disagree.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by caf19 »

I have more to say, but for now just one question: Zazie, earlier on you suggested a nameclaim and implied that there was some correlation between player names and alignment (middle of 456). What happened with that? You didn't mention it again or in your claim.
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 6:37 pm

Post by Wall-E »

ZazieR wrote:
Wall-E wrote:Why again are we lynching the claimed and uncontested role-blocker?

I simply require a lot more convincing, sorry. Empking's very hard for me to 'read.'
Because he's lying. Besides, scum can have a roleblocker, while town doesn't.
I believe what you meant to say here is, "It is possible for the scum to have a roleblocker and the town not to have one."

What a useless post, if so.

Your grammar is hurting you, if the above is the case, because what you've actually written is this: Scum can have a roleblocker so long as the town does not.

Since we can't know now what you really meant or whether this is the case, I'm siding on you're scummy for saying something pointless.

You seem very sure that Empking is lying. Evidence?
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 9:57 pm

Post by Empking »

ZazieR wrote:
Empking wrote:The same way the player playing Kyle could have.
Not possible.
You don't think he knew he wasa cop?
Empking wrote:The target you're claiming doesn't make sense.
That's your opinion. I disagree.
Can I clarify that yu're saying you picked Dejhka because you thought scum would roleblock him and then kill him despite the fact that you don't know why scum would d that?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 2:13 am

Post by mykonian »

ZazieR wrote:
Myko wrote:On this moment, Empking has very little against him, because his claim makes little sense as scum roleblocker. Your claim is... well, I don't want to lynch you for it yet.
He's lying as I've already pointed out, and I don't think he'd tell the truth if he's the scum roleblocker.
From the looks of the discussion between me and Empking, you should be able to figure out that both of us can't have a town powerrole. So one of us is lying. Caf may have had a stupid reason to you, but one of me and Empking is scum. This means that we can have one scum lynched for sure in two days. If caf is town, and if me and Empking resume this tomorrow, it will only cause trouble for town. So pick!
I disagree. But I'm not going to choose for Empking here. I think it is more likely that you are lying, as what you are claiming, is that the mafia blocked dejkha, and then killed him, a completely useless act, as he would likely be lynched after being blocked.

So, assuming scum doesn't consist out of idiots, Empking-scum is highly unlikely.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 4:07 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

I think ZazieR is probably overthinking the situation and trying to link Empking and his claim to the information she claims to have when there are simpler and more logical explanations that both permit for Dej not using his ability and Empking being a scum-roleblocker.

I do not believe ZazieR would breadcrum and then claim such an unorthodox role. There's simply too much risk involved for too little reward. I don't have much of a read either way on Empking because of his tenatiously terrible style. He's the better choice of the two, but not an especially good choice to my eye. I will vote Empking if things remain the same and we approach the midnight deadline, but for now I'll join with mykonian and present a third way.

Vote: caf19
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 4:53 am

Post by Spolium »

TIMMAHAAAAHHHH

Sorry about the delay. Was training all weekend, too exhausted to do anything but update my reads on my games last night.

caf19 wrote:I have more to say, but for now just one question: Zazie, earlier on you suggested a nameclaim and implied that there was some correlation between player names and alignment (middle of 456). What happened with that? You didn't mention it again or in your claim.
QFMFT. Give us everything you have, Zaz. Right now.

Also, you seem to go through periods of frequent activity and zero activity, which seems to increase when you're under pressure. Scumhunting doesn't seem to be high on your list of priorities. I don't like this.

That said, I'm actually not liking a Zaz lynch right now. The question I'm asking myself is "why would scum-Zaz claim to have watched dej and say he was blocked"? Bear in mind she hinted at having this information long before Empking claimed roleblocker and she has questioned others in a manner which fits her claim.

My thinking right now is this; if what Zaz says is true then mafia most likely acted to hide their roleblocker and getting Zaz lynched would be further evidence for his existence, so it seems almost to the mafia's benefit to focus somewhere other than Zaz. Myklonian's change in vote from Zaz to caf19 is a bit suspicious for this reason.

I will also note that I don't like the way Empking is attacking Zaz. It reminds me of a game where scum went after a player who was learning English, deliberately misrepresenting the things he was saying. He seemed to drop his case on me without further comment as soon as he had another target, and the pattern of attack seems much like it did when he attacked DDD and myself.

in reply to Zaz, mykonian wrote:I disagree. But I'm not going to choose for Empking here. I think it is more likely that you are lying, as what you are claiming, is that the mafia blocked dejkha, and then killed him, a completely useless act, as he would likely be lynched after being blocked.
Hey myk, I addressed this in an earlier post which you seem to have ignored.

@DDD
- why are you voting caf19?
@Myk
- why aren't you voting Zazier?
@Empking
- your thoughts on caf at the moment?

Timmah Tim Timmeh BLAH
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 4:58 am

Post by charter »

No quote this time, busy day.

Vote Count

ZazieR - 2 (Wall-E, Empking)
Empking - 3 (Spolium, ZazieR, caf19)
caf19 - 2 (mykonian, Debonair Danny DiPietro)

Not Voting (0)

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!
Deadline is May 4th at midnight EST. (12 hours from now)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 4:58 am

Post by Empking »

Spolium wrote:TIMMAHAAAAHHHH

Sorry about the delay. Was training all weekend, too exhausted to do anything but update my reads on my games last night.

caf19 wrote:I have more to say, but for now just one question: Zazie, earlier on you suggested a nameclaim and implied that there was some correlation between player names and alignment (middle of 456). What happened with that? You didn't mention it again or in your claim.
QFMFT. Give us everything you have, Zaz. Right now.

Also, you seem to go through periods of frequent activity and zero activity, which seems to increase when you're under pressure. Scumhunting doesn't seem to be high on your list of priorities. I don't like this.

That said, I'm actually not liking a Zaz lynch right now. The question I'm asking myself is "why would scum-Zaz claim to have watched dej and say he was blocked"? Bear in mind she hinted at having this information long before Empking claimed roleblocker and she has questioned others in a manner which fits her claim.

My thinking right now is this; if what Zaz says is true then mafia most likely acted to hide their roleblocker and getting Zaz lynched would be further evidence for his existence, so it seems almost to the mafia's benefit to focus somewhere other than Zaz. Myklonian's change in vote from Zaz to caf19 is a bit suspicious for this reason.

I will also note that I don't like the way Empking is attacking Zaz. It reminds me of a game where scum went after a player who was learning English, deliberately misrepresenting the things he was saying. He seemed to drop his case on me without further comment as soon as he had another target, and the pattern of attack seems much like it did when he attacked DDD and myself.
There isn't much to comment on when you don't post.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 5:14 am

Post by mykonian »

spolium: I know you already showed how the mafia could have killed Dejkha, it just isn't a normal thing to do. You say they should be scared if he didn't use his ability: of course they wouldn't, they just would try to kill someone else!

So the reasoning could be right, but it would be a very unlikely choice to make, and thats why I say that empking is likely town.

I didn't miss it, I just think that sane people wouldn't do that.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 5:35 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Spolium wrote:
@DDD
First, as I already said, I don't think either of the other options were good ones. With myk's vote on caf, caf is at least a viable option today so I'm not wasting my vote. As for reasons specifically for caf...

Mostly hypocrisy - In day one he made a point of the Dej/Spolium debate taking over the thread and allowing scum to lurk and posted everyone's vote count. Fast forward to the present, Spolium has tons more posts, ZazieR who binges and purges in posts has more posts than him, I only had four days of day one and I nearly have as many posts as him. He's active enough to avoid suspicion, but he's under-contributing.

Furthermore, many of his points particularly when he was working over me today were things he himself had done. He called out EsoMonty and then ignored him which he claimed was a scumtell, he was dubious as to why I would pursue nico over EsoMonty on day two when he himself had vote for nico earlier in the day.

Furthermore, caf's vote on Empking based around the two claims is absolutely built on an unsound foundation, he's also stacking lynches in it so that if Empking is lynched and is town then ZazieR is lying and can be lynched tomorrow.
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 6:05 am

Post by Spolium »

@DDD - Your points seem valid. I'm eager to hear Caf's retort.
mykonian wrote:spolium: I know you already showed how the mafia could have killed Dejkha, it just isn't a normal thing to do. You say they should be scared if he didn't use his ability: of course they wouldn't, they just would try to kill someone else!
Why would Zaz, as scum, claim as she did and state that dej didn't use his ability on himself?

If you think Zaz is lying, to the point where you voted for caf based on how he finds value in Zaz's argument, why aren't you voting Zaz herself?

I'm going to be gone for several hours, so expect low activity. Thx.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 7:48 am

Post by Wall-E »

ZazieR wrote:
Myko wrote:On this moment, Empking has very little against him, because his claim makes little sense as scum roleblocker. Your claim is... well, I don't want to lynch you for it yet.
He's lying as I've already pointed out, and I don't think he'd tell the truth if he's the scum roleblocker.
From the looks of the discussion between me and Empking, you should be able to figure out that both of us can't have a town powerrole. So one of us is lying. Caf may have had a stupid reason to you, but one of me and Empking is scum. This means that we can have one scum lynched for sure in two days. If caf is town, and if me and Empking resume this tomorrow, it will only cause trouble for town. So pick!
I dislike the false dilemma here.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 7:58 am

Post by Wall-E »

The Rules, in which charter wrote:[09] Lynches require a majority of votes. At a deadline if there is no majority, there is no lynch. You may Vote: No Lynch.
Hmm. No lynching is typically bad. I don't know what the formula is for figuring out if the town can afford a no lynch is, but I'm going to hazard that we should be lynching today.

Unvote: Vote: caf19
because of Zazie/Emp, I'm siding against the scummier player. I don't trust my judgement of this situation enough to risk no lynching in the event that nobody else wants to help me kill Zaz. I'm willing to revote ZazieR if her lynch is made possible before the deadline.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:11 am

Post by caf19 »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Mostly hypocrisy - In day one he made a point of the Dej/Spolium debate taking over the thread and allowing scum to lurk and posted everyone's vote count. Fast forward to the present, Spolium has tons more posts, ZazieR who binges and purges in posts has more posts than him, I only had four days of day one and I nearly have as many posts as him. He's active enough to avoid suspicion, but he's under-contributing.
Read my other games, I'm not the type of player who binge posts or dominates games. I'm not even the lowest contributor in this game. If you thought I was under-contributing before, why not call me on it before now?
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Furthermore, many of his points particularly when he was working over me today were things he himself had done. He called out EsoMonty and then ignored him which he claimed was a scumtell, he was dubious as to why I would pursue nico over EsoMonty on day two when he himself had vote for nico earlier in the day.
"Many" = 1, seeing as those two are part of the same action. Anyway, why are you bringing this up now? Once you brought it up the first time, I haven't continued to push this issue at all. It's not like I'm getting you lynched on hypocritical logic or anything. So I don't see why this is a major factor in your case against me, as it basically boils down to the fact that I did the same thing you did.
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Furthermore, caf's vote on Empking based around the two claims is absolutely built on an unsound foundation, he's also stacking lynches in it so that if Empking is lynched and is town then ZazieR is lying and can be lynched tomorrow.
I didn't categorically advocate a chainlynch, I said 'if Zazie is lying, we can catch her in the lie tomorrow'. This wasn't intended to be decided solely by the flip of Empking, but whatever, preview shows I went to L-1...

I'm Butters Stotch. If no-one votes me during the day, I get a bus driver power at night. There is a bit of flavour (I dress up as Professor Chaos) but it doesn't attempt to explain my night action.
caf

http://thenailbiter.wordpress.com
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:14 am

Post by Empking »

caf19 wrote:
I'm Butters Stotch. If no-one votes me during the day, I get a bus driver power at night. There is a bit of flavour (I dress up as Professor Chaos) but it doesn't attempt to explain my night action.
I don't buy this claim (its absurdly weak). What does everyone else think?
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:27 am

Post by Wall-E »

I cannot remember Professor Chaos interacting with a bus in the show, but I have not seen many episodes.

Sigh.

Three roleclaims on D1...
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:30 am

Post by Wall-E »

Oh, it's D2. I forgot I replaced into D2. That's less bad.

Hypothetical Spolium-scum is kicking this game's ass, because I feel like putting my money where his mouth is today. Vote stays on caf19.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:31 am

Post by Wall-E »

Err, I misread something.
Unvote

NOBODY HAMMER BEFORE I POST AGAIN
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Wall-E »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Spolium wrote:
@DDD
First, as I already said, I don't think either of the other options were good ones. With myk's vote on caf, caf is at least a viable option today so I'm not wasting my vote. As for reasons specifically for caf...

Mostly hypocrisy - In day one he made a point of the Dej/Spolium debate taking over the thread and allowing scum to lurk and posted everyone's vote count. Fast forward to the present, Spolium has tons more posts, ZazieR who binges and purges in posts has more posts than him, I only had four days of day one and I nearly have as many posts as him. He's active enough to avoid suspicion, but he's under-contributing.

Furthermore, many of his points particularly when he was working over me today were things he himself had done. He called out EsoMonty and then ignored him which he claimed was a scumtell, he was dubious as to why I would pursue nico over EsoMonty on day two when he himself had vote for nico earlier in the day.

Furthermore, caf's vote on Empking based around the two claims is absolutely built on an unsound foundation, he's also stacking lynches in it so that if Empking is lynched and is town then ZazieR is lying and can be lynched tomorrow.
Yes. This is the post I agree with.
Unvote: Vote: caf19

Zazie and caf19 are both pushing the false dilemma angle and I find that disconcerting.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:37 am

Post by Empking »

Caf is scummy, we're on a deadline and I'm the only one not on one of the big bandwagons plus I need to go now.

Unvote

Vote: Caf
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:43 am

Post by mykonian »

Caf also seemed to be buddying up early to zaz, same here again. Counts against Caf.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”