Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 4:48 am

Post by WaltWishbone »

SensFan wrote:
Raging Wishbone wrote:
ortolan wrote:Repeat after me. W-I-F-O-M.

...Anyway why would a townie care whether they were the L-1 or the L vote on a wagon? Why would you comment on it to begin with?
No, you repeat after me.
Plays that are bad for any alingment aren't scumtells
. Why would town do this? No idea. Why would scum do this? No idea. Why is scum more likely to do this than town, then? They aren't.
He actually brings up an incredibly valid point.

Why were you willing to be the L-1 vote, but not the hammer?
I will post this again. This was my thought process as the night went on and the conclussions I arrived at following that discussion.
Raging Wishbone wrote:
sex w/ shafteds wife club wrote:
Yosariwen wrote:
sex w/ shafteds wife club wrote: The reasons for your vote on RW isn't incredibly logical if you stop to think about it.
Sure they are.

When RW thought I was going to be lynched without his help, he defended me, trying to position himself so he'd look good when I died.

THen, when hogfather unvoted me and it looked like I might survive, he voted me, to make sure that didn't happen. The reasons for his switch were very weak, and made very little sense.

The whole flip there really looks like a scum manuever.
Ah I see your point upon rereading. I think you're earlier mention you highlighted the reluctance to be the hammer but happy to be the L-1 vote which doesn't make much difference.
This was actually an extremely long exchange which consisted of four pages and I think lasted over six hours and I became extremely sloppy as the night came to an end. I am comfortable with my vote on Yos, even at putting them at L1 and will answer any questions if they flip Town. After putting more thought into the matter I feel it was a good lynch, I began the day defending them because I was not confident that the bread crumbing was enough for them to be wagoned as hard as they were. I wanted to start a discussion which would generate a dilaog to invloved more players and more opinions. I felt the responses on why yoso was the best lynch by other players who added their thoughts seemed reasonable. I was not impressed by Nuwens long post at the end of the evening, I felt thier were contradictions and errors in logic. The im conversation really hit a nerve and reminded me of how in LB, scum used the posting of daytalk to make themselves seem more Townie. Some of the daytalk from the scum teams were the most convincing. After having gone through that extremely long day/night, I felt good about casting my vote. I do believe that is a lynch and we will find out shortly if it was good or not.
As far as my specific comment,
I would put them at L1 but not hammer
. That was a sloppy post, it was one of the last posts I made that evening and I should have explained myself better. I should have used a paragraph instead of a sentence. It was a caveat because I had not had the chance to speak with my partner yet, and the purpoe of putting "dont hammer" was because I was hoping no one would hammer them until everyone got the chance to read their defense in case we were wrong. I was hoping a few different things; once RR saw the exchange he wold unvote if he felt it was a bad vote. He did not, it was a good lynch! There was another part in the exchange that evening when I voted for them and unvoted, then revoted. If it was a bus it was done pretty piss poor... Considering the fact a few people could not understand half of what I was writing towards the end of the night, it does not surprise me that I need to answer some questions today.

@Poker/Tajo - Actually it is not all being "Wishy-Washy". Me and RR disagree on a few of our reads. I believe the final scum is within the group of four who did not vote for Yos. I think it is a mistake to search elsewhere for bussing, etc.. when there so many things which should be explored within that group right now. I think now that we have the discussion moving forward, we can weed through the BS. As far as my reads are as follows...

Death the Hog - Best candidate, was on the Yoso wagon, then bailed when it started to seem like they would be lynched. If there was a bus I strongly feel this was it...

Plum/DGB - I understand DGB's reasoning for not be present and completely understand. I still question why she is not concentrating on her top three scum reads and why they are not doing any real scum hunting.

J-Scope - Plenty of good posts, articulate and analytical. I have a town read.

Poker/Tajo - I have a town read, I have not thought they have done anything scummy. I would like to hear more from Tajo.

FrogDodge - Town read very in depth posts. Started a good wagon on Yoso.

SexEd - Another Pro Town Read so far.

ZMD - Really not that active, I have a really difficult time reading them.

Hoops - Protown read so far.

NYBall/Pesco - Not really sure, since Pesco got busy and could not post anymore. I look forward to hearing more from NYBAlls.

Apples and Bannas - I have a pro-townish read.

As you can see Me and RR disagree on a few, however for the most part we both have teh same top suspects and both agree on our vote for Death.
Death the Hogfather
Death the Hogfather
Townie
Death the Hogfather
Townie
Townie

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 5:16 am

Post by Death the Hogfather »

It seems I'm being accused of bussing Yos. This is the second time I made a mistake that looked like bussing. Meh. Oh well, I have no defense against that. If it looks like bussing then it looks like bussing, and there is little I can do to convince you otherwise.
'Never say die, master. That's our motto, eh?'
I CAN'T SAY IT'S EVER REALLY BEEN MINE.
-[u]Hogfather[/u]
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 5:38 am

Post by whoami8 »

HOG - Explain why you unvoted Yos.

Also, who do you think is scum?
Frog Dodging
Frog Dodging
Townie
Frog Dodging
Townie
Townie

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 5:45 am

Post by Frog Dodging »

I'm... hrm. The more I think about it, the more uncomfortable I get with the idea of lynching Raging Wishbone. Yosarian is an experienced player. He knows what people look for, surely he must have known that last minute distancing like that would be very, very unlikely to clear RW. At best, people would discount it, at worst, they would go after him. Like they are doing. Now, I know this is massively speculative, but... what if Yos looked at RW's play and decided to leave a connection to him? I've done that before as scum - deliberately tried to connect myself to a town player by pretending to bus him.

RW is a bit weird. It's really hard to follow the train of their thoughts, since they're playing in a way that goes to neither extreme - they're not signing their posts and they're not playing it as if they were one player (each of them posting different thoughts) so it's a little tricky to work out what's going on. However, there is one thing that bugs me. One half of the hydra thought that Yos was pro-town - fair enough. One half keeps saying that he has no read on Yos and he'll vote for him if the other partner agrees. Do you see the issue here? Why would one half think the other half would want to vote yosariwen when that other half thinks yosariwen is town?

OTOH, I don't think the sudden turnaround is as telling as others do. It's p. clearly a case of one side (the side who thought Yos looked neutral) taking control as the other half drifted, seeing something new he disliked (the AIM convo) changed his opinion and changed the hydra's vote.

Are they scum? Hard to say. They certainly aren't communicating well, and it's hard to follow what they're thinking - that's not a scumtell. There's an element of "their stories don't add up" that is vaguely reminiscent of the yosariwen thing. I don't get the feeling they're talking much about the game as a hydra. All in all, although they're a perfectly decent lynch, I don't want to vote them. Again, my partner has been unable to catch up so I haven't been able to bounce any of this back off him.
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 5:47 am

Post by whoami8 »

RW wrote:Sex club, does the vote you just put on Zaphod means you no longer think that point valid, or was it just the other half of the hydra (I'd guess elvis) posting?
I switched the vote to Zaphod because although I feel DGB is slightly more likely than not town, I feel Plum's posting just reeked of scum slowing down the wagon. Remember time is money for town.

Speaking of which, this shouldn't be too hard folks we just lynch the non-Yos voters and we should almost certainly out Yos' buddy. Let's just pick the most scummy and lynch. We can go faster than they can.

At this point I'm happy with Zaphod, Death of Hog or PoketheAlpaca getting lynched. I think J-Scope is at the bottom of the four.
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 5:47 am

Post by whoami8 »

Folks RW is so much less likely scum than the four non-Yos voters can we please move to more likely targets.
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 5:49 am

Post by whoami8 »

Of the people I'd like to lynch Death of Hogfather is closest to having a wagon.

unovote vote: Death of Hogfather
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 5:51 am

Post by whoami8 »

I really don't think Yos' remaining buddy would take such a huge risk trying to save him, and have acted like RW did. I think he might distance, vote/unvote like Hog, or maybe try to start a wagon on someone else (more like DGplum), or lurk as much as possible (PTA or others).

I know it's WIFOM, and anything's possible, but I don't think the scum team would want to take a risk of losing the game outright by connecting themselves so hard.

And also, as FD said, I often try to connect myself to townies when I'm scum, hopefully leaving behind a mislynch or two for my team if I get lynched.
Ortohoops
Ortohoops
Townie
Ortohoops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 6:11 am

Post by Ortohoops »

sex w/ shafteds wife club wrote:Folks RW is so much less likely scum than the four non-Yos voters can we please move to more likely targets.
I agree with this, at the expense of my partner's opinions. I'm going to have to coax Orty into my line of thinking. I think there is a very good chance the third scum wasn't on Yos' wagon - and would rather our vote be put to a more productive use.

I'd rather kickstart a Zaphod wagon than jump on Hogfather, but I'm prepared to swap if we think we should be pumping out more lynches.

Unvote, vote: Zaphod
Death the Hogfather
Death the Hogfather
Townie
Death the Hogfather
Townie
Townie

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 6:42 am

@SWSWC: I unvoted Yos because my logic did not hold, so I had no more reason to have a vote on him at the time.

Also, as to people I find scummy, that would be Raging Wishbone and Zmd.

I would not be averse to being lynched, because I agree, I am scummy as hell for the unvote. However, while this is happening, I will make every attempt to provide my suspicions.
-[u]Hogfather[/u]
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 7:06 am

Post by whoami8 »

Can you give reasons why you think RW and ZMD are scum?

(Geez, this is like pulling teeth).
Death the Hogfather
Death the Hogfather
Townie
Death the Hogfather
Townie
Townie

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 9:03 am

I have. RW I think is scum pretty much based off of the same thing everyone else has been saying. His vote on Yos looked pretty bad from where I am sitting.

And Zmd for lurking without reason (my reason was that I was V/LA).

I already provided both of these reasons previously though, and I generally dislike having to repeat myself when the information is readily available.
-[u]Hogfather[/u]
Death the Hogfather
Death the Hogfather
Townie
Death the Hogfather
Townie
Townie

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 11:14 am

It needs to be said...as the Seraphim half of this hydra, I'm declaring mild V/LA for the next week and possibly beyond. Hopefully not too much longer.
-[u]Hogfather[/u]
nyballosulgniirkps
nyballosulgniirkps
Townie
nyballosulgniirkps
Townie
Townie

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by nyballosulgniirkps »

sex w/ shafteds wife club wrote: Welcome Kinglullaby
Who is Kinglullaby? We have no idea we're sure. We are nyballosulgniirkps and we shall not tolerate familiarity toward our perfectly sensible name.

Observations after catching up (a bit sloppily I'm sorry):

About Portishead, it is troubling to note that what one once considered the epitome of indie cool looks some ten years later the definition of white trashiness. Oh, how we loved Glory Box then; oh, how the mannerism in that song make us want to puke now.

Zaphod Beeblebrox: has been quite useless till now, and repeated town stance on Yos from DGB may be bollocksy scum caricature of her town play.

Apples and Banana: there is a heavily scummed slant to their case on Yos whereas in contrast other people were a lot more circumspect about Yos' alignment, their vote is I think the one most likely to be a bussing vote if any.

Zmd: not a lot content, the perpetual defence against being a lurker feels scummy to me.

Death the Hogfather: hardcore lurker nothing very good of note, flip flop on Yos is legitimately scummy, plus as I understand this hydra is Seraphim/Kairyuu, and I remember them to be both more put together than that.

PoketheAlpaca: This one is pretty scummy too, there was a lot of borderline fishing questions directed at Sexclub, and sidestepping around the Yos issue.

Raging Wishbone: I think this one is more weird than really scummy but it's difficult to tell. I mean, they would have to be scum who totally can't hold it together judging from the whole flip flop vote on Yos thing. Maybe I'm being stupid considering 'too scummy to be scum' fallacy but I'm not willing to lynch them atm.

The remaining players I consider town.

Vote: Death the Hogfather

Atm, my two top suspects are Death and Poke as I get the least town vibe from them, and would be willing to lynch either.

This post is pending Kison's input as we have not concerted yet.
Saunt Adelaus
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Saunt Adelaus »

Votecount as of post 413:

Death the Hogfather:
:Raging Wishbone, sex w/ shafteds wife club, nyballosulgniirkps,
Raging Wishbone:
:PoketheAlpaca,
Zaphod Beeblebrox:
:Ortohoops,

not voting:
: Apples and Banana, Death the Hogfather, Frog Dodging, J-Scope, Zaphod Beeblebrox, Zmd

while 11 are alive, 6 votes will lynch
[color=darkblue]DHSDSM α and DHSDSM β and hydra oh my! [/color] -- (Adel+Claus)
Death the Hogfather
Death the Hogfather
Townie
Death the Hogfather
Townie
Townie

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 1:41 pm

The consensus between between Seraphim and I is that if we were you guys we would be lynching us too. We're that scummy.

Have fun guys.
-[u]Hogfather[/u]
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Is that the sweet, sweet sound of scum giving up I just heard?

*DGB*

vote Death the Hogfather
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by Zaphod Beeblebrox »

Is that the sweet, sweet sound of scum giving up I just heard?

*DGB*

vote Death the Hogfather
[i]"That's it,' said Zaphod with the sort of grin that would get most people locked away in a room with soft walls."[/i]
Zmd
Zmd
Townie
Zmd
Townie
Townie

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 3:40 pm

Post by Zmd »

Ortohoops wrote:
Is it just me, or does Raging Wishbone sound really dirty?
Yes.

Seems like he is trying to force a case on DGB/Plum.

Anyway. The Yos/Nuwen lynch. I agree that the early voters are not likely to be mafia. They could still be SK though. Just not mafia.

Also agree that a non-Yos/Nuwen-voter is probably scum. So that was DGB/Plum, JScope, PokeAlpaca, and Death.

Here was my old list:
Zmd wrote: New list (Green numbers note move towards towniness. Red are scummy moves. Towniest still at top. Scummiest at bottom.):
Town
Zmd: +/-0
1Zaphod Beeblebrox: +/-0
2Ortohoops: +/-0

Neutral
3Pesco-Light
+6

4Frog Dodging
+3

5J-Scope
+1

6PoketheAlpaca

7Death the Hogfather
+3

8Apples and Banana +/-0

Scum
9sex w/ shafteds wife club

Yosariwen

10Raging Wishbone +/-0
My new list is (I'm removing myself because it is kind of pointless to have me on there. Also removing the dead player again.):

Town
Ortohoops
+1

Pesco-Light
+1

Neutral:
sex w/ shafteds wife club
+6

Frog Dodging +/-0
Zaphod Beeblebrox

J-Scope

Apples and Banana
+1

Death the Hogfather

Scum
PoketheAlpaca

Raging Wishbone +/-0

Reasons for changes:
Ort/Hoopla- Still looking extremely townie. Voted Yos/Nuwen early enough that they are probably not mafia. Moves above DGB/Plum becuase DGB/Plum didn't vote Yos/Nuwen. More on them later though.

Pesco/FL- I had them as scum early, but they look a little better lately. Protown feel from them. Voted Yos/Nuwen.

shaft/EK- I had this pair as scum before too. They were one of the strongest on Yos/Nuwen. That gives them serious townie points.

Frog Dodging- First vote on Yos/Nuwen. Basically eliminates any chance of them being mafia. Still possible SK though.

DGB/Plum- Seem to be the towniest pair so far based on their posts. Their no-vote on Yos/Nuwen is the thing that stands out. Really liking their posts though. Especially DGB's.

JScope- Seem to be analyzing genuinely. Didn't vote Yos/Nuwen. That's about the only point against them right now though. It's enough to drop them one spot.

Sens/xofelf- They seem lurkish, but I think that is due to the nature of the game. Sens seems pretty protown when he posts. Also voted Yos/Nuwen.

Death- Very under the radar. No vote on Yos/Nuwen. Wouldn't be surprised to see them as either mafia or SK.

Poker/Tajo- Didn't vote Yos/Nuwen. General scummy feel. Voted Shaft/EK which Yos/Nuwen followed.

Raging Wishbone- My top suspect for most of this game. Voted Yos/Nuwen, but did so late enough that bussing is possible.

The last three on my list are the three I'd be most comfortable lynching.

Vote Raging Wishbone
ZazieR + Kmd4390 = Zmd
Zmd
Zmd
Townie
Zmd
Townie
Townie

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by Zmd »

Death the Hogfather wrote: And Zmd for lurking without reason (my reason was that I was V/LA).
I'm posting every chance I get. I wasn't home for most of today.
nyballosulgniirkps wrote: Zmd: not a lot content, the perpetual defence against being a lurker feels scummy to me.
It's just frustrating because I used to have a very high activity level in every game I played. I have trouble keeping up with some games now and it sucks.
DrippingGoofball wrote:Is that the sweet, sweet sound of scum giving up I just heard?

*DGB*

vote Death the Hogfather
I don't know. One scum left. I'd think scum would put up more of a fight knowing their dead buddies are counting on them.
ZazieR + Kmd4390 = Zmd
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 3:57 pm

Post by Zaphod Beeblebrox »

Zmd wrote:I don't know. One scum left. I'd think scum would put up more of a fight knowing their dead buddies are counting on them.
Losing two buddies on page 17 and Day 2, now perhaps alone against 10 townies?

AND under suspicion...

That has got to be rather demoralizing.

I think that's what Death The Hogfather is trying to tell us.
[i]"That's it,' said Zaphod with the sort of grin that would get most people locked away in a room with soft walls."[/i]
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by SensFan »

nyballosulgniirkps wrote:Apples and Banana: there is a heavily scummed slant to their case on Yos whereas in contrast other people were a lot more circumspect about Yos' alignment, their vote is I think the one most likely to be a bussing vote if any.
You claim I attacked Yos harder than others, and that I'm most likely to have been bussing.

Pray tell, why would he be bussed that hard, when his lynch leaves the last Scum all alone?
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Saunt Adelaus
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Saunt Adelaus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by Saunt Adelaus »

PoketheAlpaca, a Townie, has been killed.

Votecount as of post 421:

Death the Hogfather:
:Raging Wishbone, sex w/ shafteds wife club, nyballosulgniirkps, Zaphod Beeblebrox,
Raging Wishbone:
:Zmd
Zaphod Beeblebrox:
:Ortohoops,

not voting:
: Apples and Banana, Death the Hogfather, Frog Dodging, J-Scope,

while 10 are alive, 6 votes will lynch
[color=darkblue]DHSDSM α and DHSDSM β and hydra oh my! [/color] -- (Adel+Claus)
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 4:52 pm

Post by whoami8 »

Zmd wrote:Anyway. The Yos/Nuwen lynch. I agree that the early voters are not likely to be mafia. They could still be SK though. Just not mafia.
Scum
PoketheAlpaca -3
Raging Wishbone +/-0
Vote Raging Wishbone
Does not compute
J-Scope
J-Scope
Goon
J-Scope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by J-Scope »

I think Hogfather is a good lynch today. He initially voted Yos late in the wagon but quickly unvoted which may have been an attempt to judge how well the wagon was going and whether it was time to bus or to hope that Yos could still talk himself out of the wagon.

In any rate we have 7 hours until the action phase ends so I am going to place my vote. Claim if you can Hogfather, but it is in our interests to lynch someone now.

Vote: Death the Hogfather
This is the hydra account for Jahudo and Faraday.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”