Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:12 am

Post by Incognito »

Just pointing out that Ether is now at L-1.

Ether:
Please claim.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:32 am

Post by Incognito »

Actually
unvote
to prevent a self-hammer. She should still claim though.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:39 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Incognito wrote:Actually
unvote
to prevent a self-hammer. She should still claim though.
Really? Have you ever seen her do that?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:52 am

Post by Incognito »

Yos2: Nope, I haven't. However if she really is scum here she might be tempted to in order to halt discussion. I'd rather eliminate the risk by keeping her at L-2 and asking for the claim from here than at L-1. I don't know what her philosophy is on self-hammering scum because she has rarely drawn a scum role, but I could see her (or anyone else) supporting it for strategic purposes.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:56 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Yos: I have the same opinion on her as you do to someone you're not paying attention to - I don't get the wagon. I will take a look at what people find suspiscious now.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Anyway, I would also like to see an Ether claim, and am also willing to join that wagon.

Xdaamno: I would like to see that analysis soon; if you don't give one before Ether gets lynched, and she flips scum, you will look quite bad in my eyes.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:29 pm

Post by vollkan »

Ether has been prodded
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 3:06 am

Post by Incognito »

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 11:22 pm

Post by Ether »

Don't rub it in. ¬_¬

This is a "god dammit Sophie I will force myself to care about this game somehow" post; I'm aware of prod rules and don't want to be replaced. I don't expect to sleep for a while, sadly.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 4:35 am

Post by skitzer »

Patrick wrote:Not sure what the second part has to do with first. You're saying he looks more suspicious because he wasn't nightkilled or something?
Yes. That makes sense, doesn't it? If there are two nightkills, I think at least one of them would have been on Yosarian2.
Incognito wrote:What are your thoughts on Ether's *alignment*?

I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary, but I don't use meta, which is seeming what a lot of her case is. I can understand it though; her meta seems to be heavily convincing.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 5:28 am

Post by Green Crayons »

So you don't use meta but you think the meta is convincing. But you won't use meta because...? Principled stand?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 5:35 am

Post by Incognito »

Post 785, skitzer wrote:Yes. That makes sense, doesn't it? If there are two nightkills, I think at least one of them would have been on Yosarian2.
But why would this implicate Yosarian2 as scum? The idea was that since Yosarian2 didn't die last night, the second kill seemed more likely to be an SK kill as opposed to a vig kill since it's thought that a vig would have just killed Yosarian2, the claimed Miller, last night. I think the only way you could be genuinely suspicious of Yosarian2 for the reasons of him not dying last night is if you think
he
is the potential SK. Do you believe that to be the case? If so, why?
Post 785, skitzer wrote:I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary, but I don't use meta, which is seeming what a lot of her case is. I can understand it though; her meta seems to be heavily convincing.
Why so wishy-washy?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 5:48 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

skitzer wrote:
Patrick wrote:Not sure what the second part has to do with first. You're saying he looks more suspicious because he wasn't nightkilled or something?
Yes. That makes sense, doesn't it? If there are two nightkills, I think at least one of them would have been on Yosarian2.
What? That dosn't make any sense at all. The scum would not kill me, because they would have thought they could get me lynched. Neither would a SK. A vig might, if he or she thought I was likely scum, or they might not. How does any of that reflect on my alignment?
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 6:05 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Yosarian2 wrote:Anyway, I would also like to see an Ether claim, and am also willing to join that wagon.

Xdaamno: I would like to see that analysis soon; if you don't give one before Ether gets lynched, and she flips scum, you will look quite bad in my eyes.
It's not an 'analysis', and I'm definately not being rushed this time. When I look at this thread, I'm usually at some of Ether's posts. Take of that what you will.
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 6:06 am

Post by skitzer »

Green Crayons wrote:So you don't use meta but you think the meta is convincing. But you won't use meta because...? Principled stand?
I don't use meta because I feel that every game is individual, and I don't like basing off of other games. I haven't read up on the meta; I was just stating that others do find it convincing.
Incognito wrote:Why so wishy-washy?

I wasn't the one who thought it was convincing
Incognito wrote:But why would this implicate Yosarian2 as scum? The idea was that since Yosarian2 didn't die last night, the second kill seemed more likely to be an SK kill as opposed to a vig kill since it's thought that a vig would have just killed Yosarian2, the claimed Miller, last night. I think the only way you could be genuinely suspicious of Yosarian2 for the reasons of him not dying last night is if you think he is the potential SK. Do you believe that to be the case? If so, why?
[quote="Yosarian2]What? That dosn't make any sense at all. The scum would not kill me, because they would have thought they could get me lynched. Neither would a SK. A vig might, if he or she thought I was likely scum, or they might not. How does any of that reflect on my alignment?[/quote]

Answering these questions in conjunction. OK, I was looking at it wrong. But I can still see an SK that would have had future plans to claim vig killing Yosarian2. But that doesn't seem correct anymore. Hmm...I think I confused myself. But Yosarian isn't less suspicious because he wasn't killed.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 6:08 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Ether wrote:
Post 731, Korts wrote:
Ether wrote:Yo, Korts. Did you ever read that stuff you fell behind on?
No.
Your 705 reads to me like you were aware of the softclaim. When did you catch it? (And yes, I do think you should have been more concerned with OGML than with Charter.)
Post 733, Incognito wrote:Ether, I know what you're trying to do here. You're seriously trying to get me to reveal the secret behind the AIM logs that Patrick and I have on your typical play and that's
not
gonna happen.
I'm curious, but I'll live.

Farscape and Big Love (claims here and here, respectively) are the games that caused me to shift my attitude on claimed protective roles. Suspicious ones are good at getting themselves out of the way without my help. I really don't like his sneaking around OGML, though--see above--and am annoyed that he survived at all.

I needed Korts's answer first.

Pfft.

My blitz fell through when it came out that Skitzer was behind the slow start. This put me back on Square 1 without anything to show for it, and I didn't get back into the mood.
Post 745, Canary wrote:Followed shortly thereafter by, "I don't know what causes that reaction, though I'm pretty sure thick familiarity is a negative, if anything." Pretty funny. Thick familiarity is a negative when you're scum.
It's a negative anyway. My activity owned in 707
most of it
despite coming in having played with q21 once and Mizzy twice, and not knowing anyone very well. Patrick replaced in later, but even he lurked. Impatience and frustration fuel me to dominate a low-profile game--in contrast, I'm more likely to be stunted and even replaced when almost everyone's competent.
Lots of linguistic cliches in her last few posts, such as this one. I think that's a very strong scum tell because townies are never complacent. So, yes, an Ether wagon looks very good to me.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 7:07 am

Post by Patrick »

Xdaamno wrote:Lots of linguistic cliches in her last few posts, such as this one. I think that's a very strong scum tell because townies are never complacent. So, yes, an Ether wagon looks very good to me.
Much as I think Ether is probably scum, this seems very manufactured to me. Do you really feel townies are never complacent? The thing that bothers me is that I don't think I've ever seen Ether react so apathetically to this much pressure as town. I've seen her do it as scum though.

skitzer, who's your best guess for scum? It's not terribly clear to me.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 7:11 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Yep. Townies always have something to be worried about.

I just realised that Ether might be going back and editing her posts to make them more compelling, though >.>
Cracking Idea Mafia
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 8:58 am

Post by Green Crayons »

X wrote:I just realised that Ether might be going back and editing her posts to make them more compelling, though >.>
...I'm sorry, what?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 9:11 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Green Crayons wrote:
X wrote:I just realised that Ether might be going back and editing her posts to make them more compelling, though >.>
...I'm sorry, what?
She may be concerned about looking scummy, and so is re-reading her posts and making them more presentable. This is different than complacency, and something I can imagine town doing. I think it's unlikely, though, so my vote stays.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 10:01 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

If Ether dosn't say something change my mind in the near future, I expect to hammer her. We can take care of her obvious scum budddy Xdaamno tommorow.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by Incognito »

790, skitzer wrote:
Incognito wrote:Why so wishy-washy?

I wasn't the one who thought it was convincing
Oh?

I took the "her meta seems to be heavily convincing" that you mentioned in your 785 to mean that you too were being swayed by it even though you don't usually factor in meta when trying to develop reads.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 10:12 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Yosarian2 wrote:If Ether dosn't say something change my mind in the near future, I expect to hammer her. We can take care of her obvious scum budddy Xdaamno tommorow.
Tunnel vision - yes, my play is consistent with scum. That's obvious. But it's also consistent with town. You're interpreting my behaviour as how you'd like to see it, rather than objectively.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Green Crayons »

X: So you admit that your play could be considered scummy, but that there are objective qualifiers that make it not scummy? ...Riiiight.

So what actions specifically do you think could be considered scummy?
What objective qualifiers do you think make these actions town?
From an objective point of view, why do you think Yos' interpretation of your actions is wrong?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”